You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Space Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:15pm

Just seen this bad boy in the news for 2029. 325 meters wide and should miss by about the same distance as this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis

brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:27pm
Just passed by Bray there, needed the telescope though!
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Dukla View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:39pm
Saw it Big smile

Went up to the Papal Cross to have a look. Pretty cloudy skies but managed to spot it just after 8.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Jeez that's a scary video..........but I have one question. Why do people in Russia drive around with a camcorder in the car Confused It was the same craic when the plane crashed at Christmas time, some dude was recording on the motorway when the plane crashed beside him.

Hopefully they'll be something to see tonight........... look up lads from 7:24pm   Smile

Widespread police corruption, I was told.

To prove who was at fault in case of an accident Cool

The other videos worth a watch too.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Jeez that's a scary video..........but I have one question. Why do people in Russia drive around with a camcorder in the car Confused It was the same craic when the plane crashed at Christmas time, some dude was recording on the motorway when the plane crashed beside him.

Hopefully they'll be something to see tonight........... look up lads from 7:24pm   Smile

Goodness shocking stuff , yer man to jumps into the side of the truck Confused
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Goodness shocking stuff , yer man to jumps into the side of the truck Confused
The last video about 1.10 in is the business. Kick the sh*te out of them.
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 2:05pm
can believe ye lot think all this astrology lark is true
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 9:48am
Was hoping to catch a glimse of the comet 'C/2011 L4 Pan-Starrs' tonight   Geek

Unfortunately it's snowing here  Cry

Hopefully I'll catch a glimpse tomorrow.

The 12 and 13 March could provide the best viewing opportunity. At this time, it will move further from the Sun, but should be easier to spot in the night sky, providing it is a clear night.

"After sunset, scan the horizon roughly in the western direction. On the 12 and 13 March, there is a nice association with the thin crescent Moon," advised Prof Bailey.

"You can use the Moon as a guide, and search just down or to the left of the Moon. Through binoculars you should be able to see the head of the comet and certainly the two types of the tail."

Edited by colemanY2K - 11 Mar 2013 at 9:59am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 11:33am
Applicants wanted for a one-way ticket to Mars. Details below  Thumbs Up
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22146456
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 11:36am

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 11:37am

Applicants wanted for a one-way ticket to Mars. Details below  Thumbs Up
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22146456

remember that channel 4 show space cadets where they convinced some eejits theyd gone to space?? this is 100% what this is i'd say
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 11:43am
Good man Podge. Will keep an eye out if the clouds don't obsure visibility this time.

@nvidic: Didn't see that show but I have no doubt this venture will not get off the ground  Tongue

Edited by colemanY2K - 17 Apr 2013 at 11:44am
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 12:06pm
I'm a bit confused, are they saying that it will be funded by selling the TV rights to the selection of the astronauts and coverage of the mission?

I can't see how they'll get $6bn from TV rights.

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 12:32pm
anyone own a telescope, any recomendations ? the ones where you can stick in the coordinates and it points the right way to a star ?
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 1:10pm
Space,planets,moons etc sooooo over rated
Bores me to death
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Dukla View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 2:35pm
This Mars One thing must be a joke.
They are a private company from the Netherlands, they have no spaceflight experience & haven't even sent up so much as a weather balloon or a satellite, they seem to be allowing any joe soap to apply while every space agency will only send someone into Space with a Science or Engineering degree & usually experience in an air force and a huge amount of their funding is coming from a reality tv show. & they expect to land on Mars in 10 years LOL
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble dear brother but I have seen one of these "rarest meteor shower" pics posted on Facefook at least once a month. 
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
Biffo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble dear brother but I have seen one of these "rarest meteor shower" pics posted on Facefook at least once a month. 

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic