Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=43086
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:59am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The Space Thread
Posted By: colemanY2K
Subject: The Space Thread
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 5:33pm
Next week on the 15th of February an asteroid the size of a swimming pool is going to skim past the earth. It will pass inside the orbit of earths satellites. No chance of it hitting is though. When it passes at the closest point Europe will be in darkness therefore should be spectacular.

Last time one this big hit earth it was in 1908 and crashed into siberia flattening 80 million trees.

This should be fun

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Replies:
Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 5:37pm
If you live in a city such as London, would the lights from the city not mess it up?

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: armahibee
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 5:37pm
Fantastic!! Great heads up, hoping for a clear night

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 5:55pm
Good man. I love astronomy. Cannot wait for this

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

If you live in a city such as London, would the lights from the city not mess it up?
Don't know but id doubt it. It will be big but you'll need a binoculars to see it. For space that's damn close. Hampstead or shooters hill would be the best places to see it.

There's another one heading our way at the end of the year which is even bigger.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 6:18pm
If the asteroid was due to hit earth, would the relevant authorities tell us? Shocked 

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 6:21pm
Will Sky Television be covering this? Wink

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 9:05pm
Asteroids are now strongly believed to be the spark for life to begin on earth. So Astreroids could be our great ancestorsCool.

Asteroids a great bunch of lads

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Asteroids are now strongly believed to be the spark for life to begin on earth. So Astreroids could be our great ancestorsCool.

Jaysus Bob, might be an idea to delete this before the lizards get word of your new beliefs......

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Jaysus Bob, might be an idea to delete this before the lizards get word of your new beliefs......

LOL sh*t my cover's blown, I'm sorry Lizards your still Number 1.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 9:42pm

maybe there's something in this scientology lark after all

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 10:56pm
my little one got a telescope for christmas, this will be the business

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: Dukla
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 11:03pm
Apparently only Australia & parts of Asia will be able to see it.

-------------

Posted By: deisedevil
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Next week on the 15th of February an asteroid the size of a swimming pool is going to skim past the earth. It will pass inside the orbit of earths satellites. No chance of it hitting is though. When it passes at the closest point Europe will be in darkness therefore should be spectacular.

Last time one this big hit earth it was in 1908 and crashed into siberia flattening 80 million trees.

This should be fun

who counted the trees?Confused

Posted By: Metal Paul
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by deisedevil deisedevil wrote:

This should be fun

That's exactly what I thought when I read that! 

-------------
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 12:37am

LOL

80 million trees, very specific!

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 7:55am

This should be fun

quite simple really. Just count how many trees there are in a square kilometre and pro rata. The area of the strike was extremely remote. This event was called the tunguska event.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 7:57am
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

LOL

80 million trees, very specific!

Get out of it ya cowboy. I should have said "estimated". Google tunguska event to learn more

-------------

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 2:24pm
Thumbs UpLOL

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:55pm

This should be fun

quite simple really. Just count how many trees there are in a square kilometre and pro rata. The area of the strike was extremely remote. This event was called the tunguska event.
Wasn't there an episode of The X Files about that? 

-------------

Posted By: jinky
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 6:44pm
its going to be a scorching hot summer alright..!

-------------
tir gan teanga ,tir gan anam

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 2:46pm

BUMP.........look up with yer binocs on Friday evening at 7:24pm

http://news.discovery.com/space/asteroids-meteors-meteorites/asteroid-2012-da14-satellite-collision-130213.htm" rel="nofollow - http://news.discovery.com/space/asteroids-meteors-meteorites/asteroid-2012-da14-satellite-collision-130213.htm

-------------

Posted By: fochie
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 11:25pm
Any particular Direction Coleman? The Weather is to be clear in Dublin here too so Im looking forward to it.Thumbs Up

Posted By: BoboDub
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 8:37am
with the asteroid coming this close i'm amazed we won't be attaching a probe and transmitter to it. could see billions of miles away in much shorter time than say voyager or other similar artificially propelled probes.

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 9:47am
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/16/world/europe/meteorite-fragments-are-said-to-rain-down-on-siberia.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/16/world/europe/meteorite-fragments-are-said-to-rain-down-on-siberia.html

Fragments have hit Serbia with 400 injured.

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 9:52am
Hopefully the big one will knock out all the satellites..!   

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 9:56am

[/QUOTE]

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 9:58am
Could be a huge bang tonight then Shocked

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:03am
Some quality footage on Russia Today. 500 injured now apparently.

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:04am
Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/16/world/europe/meteorite-fragments-are-said-to-rain-down-on-siberia.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/16/world/europe/meteorite-fragments-are-said-to-rain-down-on-siberia.html

Fragments have hit Serbia with 400 injured.

That was in Siberia, and is not part of the afore mentioned asteroid..............but scary nonetheless.

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:06am
Miss read it, Cheers SL.Thumbs Up

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:07am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7c-0iwBEswE

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:13am
great piece of footage Shedite...............could have been a major disaster if it hit a heavily populated area Shocked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7c-0iwBEswE" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7c-0iwBEswE

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 12:13pm
Assuming that the Russian Space Agency & Government knew about this in advance.

-------------

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by BoboDub BoboDub wrote:

with the asteroid coming this close i'm amazed we won't be attaching a probe and transmitter to it. could see billions of miles away in much shorter time than say voyager or other similar artificially propelled probes.

It was only discovered recently, they'd need a fair amount of time, maybe even a couple of years, to plan and execute something like that.

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 1:21pm
Jeez that's a scary video..........but I have one question. Why do people in Russia drive around with a camcorder in the car Confused It was the same craic when the plane crashed at Christmas time, some dude was recording on the motorway when the plane crashed beside him.

Hopefully they'll be something to see tonight........... look up lads from 7:24pm   Smile

-------------

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 1:22pm

Jeez that's a scary video..........but I have one question. Why do people in Russia drive around with a camcorder in the car Confused It was the same craic when the plane crashed at Christmas time, some dude was recording on the motorway when the plane crashed beside him.

Hopefully they'll be something to see tonight........... look up lads from 7:24pm   Smile

Widespread police corruption, I was told.

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 1:22pm
AFP: Regional governor says around 950 people injured in Russia meteor strike.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 2:08pm

to protect themselves fRom dodgy police apparently

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 3:49pm
Those videos looked the business. At least if we ever get wiped out by an asteroid/meteor/commet, it will be some show before we go.

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 5:04pm
It's fookin overcast here   Cry

-------------

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

This should be fun

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Wasn't there an episode of The X Files about that? </span>

There was a two parter on it! Mulder and krajicek duking it out in some gulag near the site of the asteroid

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 5:11pm
I remember that one , kraicek was a right sneaky fecker - never knew what side he was on , what happened him anyway?

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

I remember that one , kraicek was a right sneaky fecker - never knew what side he was on , what happened him anyway?

The black oil got him

-------------

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

The black oil got him

Did that stuff not get Mulder tooo at one point?

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 5:22pm

The black oil got him

Can't remember now must watch them all again great show

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 6:02pm

The black oil got him

I think so but he got rid of it somehow. If I remember correctly Krycek was left entombed in a nuclear missile launch silo. I must re-watch them all too!

-------------

Posted By: Biffo
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

You'll be safe from a meteor shower with your ten inch thick tin foil helmet

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 7:59pm
Asteroid could be seen over Galway around 7.25.

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

To prove who was at fault in case of an accident Cool

-------------
In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 8:13pm
They do it over here too, plenty of them, I've had to ask them to remove or disable it before I'd get into to work. f**kin strange habit

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

They do it over here too, plenty of them, I've had to ask them to remove or disable it before I'd get into to work. f**kin strange habit
Where are you? What's your job?

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Biffo Biffo wrote:

Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

You'll be safe from a meteor shower with your ten inch thick tin foil helmet
they are a shower.. I switched to e mobile

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 9:56pm
Being trying to see it but no joy, was told it would be around the big supper around 9.30 but to no avail heavy cloud coverage, how long before its out of sight

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:15pm

Just seen this bad boy in the news for 2029. 325 meters wide and should miss by about the same distance as this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:27pm
Just passed by Bray there, needed the telescope though!

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:39pm
Saw it Big smile

Went up to the Papal Cross to have a look. Pretty cloudy skies but managed to spot it just after 8.

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

The 2nd video down should explain all!  http://www.businessinsider.com/why-russian-drivers-have-dash-cams-2012-12" rel="nofollow - http://www.businessinsider.com/why-russian-drivers-have-dash-cams-2012-12

The other videos worth a watch too.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

The 2nd video down should explain all!  http://www.businessinsider.com/why-russian-drivers-have-dash-cams-2012-12" rel="nofollow - http://www.businessinsider.com/why-russian-drivers-have-dash-cams-2012-12

Goodness shocking stuff , yer man to jumps into the side of the truck Confused

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Goodness shocking stuff , yer man to jumps into the side of the truck Confused
The last video about 1.10 in is the business. Kick the sh*te out of them.

Posted By: deisedevil
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 2:05pm
can believe ye lot think all this astrology lark is true

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 9:48am
Was hoping to catch a glimse of the comet 'C/2011 L4 Pan-Starrs' tonight   Geek

Unfortunately it's snowing here  Cry

Hopefully I'll catch a glimpse tomorrow.

The 12 and 13 March could provide the best viewing opportunity. At this time, it will move further from the Sun, but should be easier to spot in the night sky, providing it is a clear night.

"After sunset, scan the horizon roughly in the western direction. On the 12 and 13 March, there is a nice association with the thin crescent Moon," advised Prof Bailey.

"You can use the Moon as a guide, and search just down or to the left of the Moon. Through binoculars you should be able to see the head of the comet and certainly the two types of the tail."

http://star.arm.ac.uk/press/2013/panstarrs.html" rel="nofollow - http://star.arm.ac.uk/press/2013/panstarrs.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21701641" rel="nofollow - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21701641

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 11:33am
Applicants wanted for a one-way ticket to Mars. Details below  Thumbs Up
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22146456" rel="nofollow - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22146456

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 11:36am

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 11:37am

Applicants wanted for a one-way ticket to Mars. Details below  Thumbs Up
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22146456" rel="nofollow - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22146456

remember that channel 4 show space cadets where they convinced some eejits theyd gone to space?? this is 100% what this is i'd say

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 11:43am
Good man Podge. Will keep an eye out if the clouds don't obsure visibility this time.

@nvidic: Didn't see that show but I have no doubt this venture will not get off the ground  Tongue

-------------

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 12:06pm
I'm a bit confused, are they saying that it will be funded by selling the TV rights to the selection of the astronauts and coverage of the mission?

I can't see how they'll get $6bn from TV rights.

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 12:32pm
anyone own a telescope, any recomendations ? the ones where you can stick in the coordinates and it points the right way to a star ?

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 1:10pm
Space,planets,moons etc sooooo over rated
Bores me to death

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 2:35pm
This Mars One thing must be a joke.
They are a private company from the Netherlands, they have no spaceflight experience & haven't even sent up so much as a weather balloon or a satellite, they seem to be allowing any joe soap to apply while every space agency will only send someone into Space with a Science or Engineering degree & usually experience in an air force and a huge amount of their funding is coming from a reality tv show. & they expect to land on Mars in 10 years LOL

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 2:51pm

Sorry to burst your bubble dear brother but I have seen one of these "rarest meteor shower" pics posted on Facefook at least once a month. 

-------------

Posted By: Biffo
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 3:10pm

Sorry to burst your bubble dear brother but I have seen one of these "rarest meteor shower" pics posted on Facefook at least once a month. 

LOL

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 3:21pm

http://earthsky.org/tonight/close-up-on-constellation-lyra-the-harp" rel="nofollow - http://earthsky.org/tonight/close-up-on-constellation-lyra-the-harp

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/meteor-showers-april-13.shtml" rel="nofollow - http://www.hoax-slayer.com/meteor-showers-april-13.shtml

http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/" rel="nofollow - http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 3:29pm
Love the last link. Ya bollix!  
By the way...

Brief Analysis
It is true that a meteor shower will be visible around the dates specified in the message. The Lyrid meteor shower will reach its peak this year during the night of April 22 - 23, 2013, although it will be visible for several days before and after. However, this meteor shower is not particularly rare. In fact, it takes place around the same time each and every year. The message, which circulates in the form of a graphic is an altered variant of a 2012 message that featured another annual meteor shower, Perseid

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 3:32pm

By the way...

Brief Analysis
It is true that a meteor shower will be visible around the dates specified in the message. The Lyrid meteor shower will reach its peak this year during the night of April 22 - 23, 2013, although it will be visible for several days before and after. However, this meteor shower is not particularly rare. In fact, it takes place around the same time each and every year. The message, which circulates in the form of a graphic is an altered variant of a 2012 message that featured another annual meteor shower, Perseid

Now now now, you tried to put me down without doing any research so eat your humble pie

Me 10 You 0

Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 3:43pm

By the way...

Brief Analysis

Now now now, you tried to put me down without doing any research so eat your humble pie

Me 10 You 0

Big smile
I wasn't trying to put you down bro, I was merely informing you of your error.  

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 11:21am
A probe launched in 1977 is the first spacecraft to have left our solar system.It left it over a year ago but it only transmitted the data the other day.Mental stuff.It has less power than your smartphone.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/voyager-1-spacecraft-left-solar-system-191525962.html?vp=1#c55sM9t" rel="nofollow - http://uk.news.yahoo.com/voyager-1-spacecraft-left-solar-system-191525962.html?vp=1#c55sM9t

-------------

Posted By: Whelo79
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

A probe launched in 1977 is the first spacecraft to have left our solar system.It left it over a year ago but it only transmitted the data the other day.Mental stuff.It has less power than your smartphone.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/voyager-1-spacecraft-left-solar-system-191525962.html?vp=1#c55sM9t" rel="nofollow - http://uk.news.yahoo.com/voyager-1-spacecraft-left-solar-system-191525962.html?vp=1#c55sM9t

Read about this a few months back. Unbelievable stuff. It has traveled billions of miles. It used to transmit images back to NASA but they switched the camera function off after it passed Jupiter, if I remember correctly, in order to preserve the battery so as it could travel further.

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 8:59am
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/02/23/seven-earth-sized-exoplanets-discovered-does-nasa-announcement/" rel="nofollow - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/02/23/seven-earth-sized-exoplanets-discovered-does-nasa-announcement/

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 9:33am
I still think they'll find nothing. In my view we are looking in the wrong places, we have come to the conclusion that a place must have water to harbour " Life as we Know it" but we should be looking for "life as we don't".

If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers.

An alien species on another planet made have evolved to live on liquid nitrogen for example it may breathe happily in Carbon dioxide rich environment.

This whole Goldilocks Theory is another stupid analogy, just because in an area of our galaxy were we are not too cold but not too warm we can support life so the same must be for others is as I stated above stupid.

Again evolution a species could have survived to live in -100 or +100 degrees, that has even been proven on our planet, you have some species which are very happy living in the antarctic put them in the Sahara they'll die within in a day and vice versa.

We need to explore new boundaries.  

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I still think they'll find nothing. In my view we are looking in the wrong places, we have come to the conclusion that a place must have water to harbour " Life as we Know it" but we should be looking for "life as we don't".

If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers.

An alien species on another planet made have evolved to live on liquid nitrogen for example it may breathe happily in Carbon dioxide rich environment.

This whole Goldilocks Theory is another stupid analogy, just because in an area of our galaxy were we are not too cold but not too warm we can support life so the same must be for others is as I stated above stupid.

Again evolution a species could have survived to live in -100 or +100 degrees, that has even been proven on our planet, you have some species which are very happy living in the antarctic put them in the Sahara they'll die within in a day and vice versa.

Maybe they have found us and are hiding.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 1:12pm
Or they created us and are hiding and laughing. 

-------------

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 1:13pm

They're looking for life based on what they know supports life. That's the starting point, which you need.

Looking for life in an ever expanding universe with no prerequisite for what they are looking for is impossible.

I do understand the point you are making as my missus made the same one yesterday.

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Maybe they have found us and are hiding.

Well If I was an alien I wouldn't want humanity to know I was an alien god knows what the greed and corruption of the world would do.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 12:16pm
http://news.sky.com/story/nasa-to-shoot-didmyos-asteroid-into-new-flight-path-in-dart-test-10934995" rel="nofollow - http://news.sky.com/story/nasa-to-shoot-didmyos-asteroid-into-new-flight-path-in-dart-test-10934995

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 8:16am
Astronomers have discovered 12 new moons orbiting Jupiter 

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/jul/17/astronomers-discover-12-new-moons-orbiting-jupiter" rel="nofollow - https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/jul/17/astronomers-discover-12-new-moons-orbiting-jupiter

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 8:23pm
Bump. 

Alot of attention right now on the droid hitting Mars in 25 mins being live streamed / Best place to find it is on YouTube

If successful it'll be very first Mars landing with full video and audio if there isn't any problems with the landing

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 1:09am
Been a good few weeks for space travel. Between Blue Origin and SpaceX and the space race they are on, very exciting time ahead. Lunar landings before too long and setting up base on the moon for refuelling and further exploration, will be cool to see how far we can really go.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net