You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rugby Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 267268269270271 470>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

If that belief is objectively reasonable, it should be an acquittal.

The jury will have to be satisfied, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the defendant's belief was not objectively reasonable.

Cheers SD. It just seems a bit odd. Does that mean that there is a defence in cases where a fella is locked or off his head and he claims that "she was loving it" as far as he was aware?
El Puto Amo
daraghj82 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daraghj82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 1:53pm

victim and her friend are doing remarkably well so far, it will be interesting to see how the boys cope if they chose to take the stand, if they do I could see a few of them breaking down and cracking under pressure …

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

The jury will have to be satisfied, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the defendant's belief was not objectively reasonable.

Cheers SD. It just seems a bit odd. Does that mean that there is a defence in cases where a fella is locked or off his head and he claims that "she was loving it" as far as he was aware?

Nope. That's not an objectively reasonable belief. Intoxication is only a defence in very, very limited circumstances, not in the present case.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 6:19pm
SD does it have to be a unanimous verdict on rape and the other charges or would a majority verdict see them getting sent down?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:25pm
Jackson says he didn't have sex with her.....the victim says she was vaginaly raped.......her word against his(pending any medical evidence)to me it would seem the only person who can say that sex took place is the girl that stood at the door...she says she saw Jackson on his knees in a trusting motion toward the victim,when the girls that was at the door was asked if she could see jacksons penis inside the victim she's said no....does that not imply reasonable doubt???therefore their walking........
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:23pm

Nope. That's not an objectively reasonable belief. Intoxication is only a defence in very, very limited circumstances, not in the present case.
But will it be even heard in any testimony how intoxicated or otherwise Jackson and Olding were?

They are not compellable witnesses. They almost certainly won't testify. 

It looks like Harrison is the only one likely to. 

I'm surprised we didn't hear anything from the cross examination of the witnesses at the house as to how drunk Jackson and Olding were. This is an important detail. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 12:13am
What should be the decision if the lads knew she wasn't 'mad into' what she was doing but she wasn't really making it very clear that they should stop.

I'm even thinking with me own moth and giving her a bit of a grope when she's clearly not in the mood but that doesn't stop me going until she clearly tells you to "f**k off not tonight ".

What's the line?

I think based on what I've read there is a bit of a doubt . I'd be looking for legal guidance off the judge before determining

Edited by t_rAndy - 16 Feb 2018 at 12:14am
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 8:15am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

But will it be even heard in any testimony how intoxicated or otherwise Jackson and Olding were?

They are not compellable witnesses. They almost certainly won't testify. 

It looks like Harrison is the only one likely to. 

I'm surprised we didn't hear anything from the cross examination of the witnesses at the house as to how drunk Jackson and Olding were. This is an important detail. 

different jurisdictions, but a couple of years back, there was an irish guy living in new York working as a bar man. he shared an apartment with a girl, not in a relation with her. he was out on a big night, got black out drunk, came back to the apartment and into her bed and raped her. he doesn't remember a thing of it. was convicted and did some time in rikers
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 8:41am
Was thinking that last week when they were grilling her on how drunk she was and how good her memory was of the night. What about the men's state of drunkenness and memory.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 9:24am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What should be the decision if the lads knew she wasn't 'mad into' what she was doing but she wasn't really making it very clear that they should stop.

I'm even thinking with me own moth and giving her a bit of a grope when she's clearly not in the mood but that doesn't stop me going until she clearly tells you to "f**k off not tonight ".

What's the line?

I think based on what I've read there is a bit of a doubt . I'd be looking for legal guidance off the judge before determining

LOL
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 1:29pm
medical evidence is next up in the Jackson/olding rape case
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 9:39am
Haven't read any updates on the case in the last few days, has much happened?
Some people just deserve a slap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 9:45am
Medical evidence was given yesterday. She had a vaginal tear of over 1cm, and a couple of bruises in various parts of her body. Doctor said there's no way of being able to tell whether the tear was through consensual sex or how old the bruises were. Also a bit of questioning as to why she never told the doctors that she was forced to give oral to Olding, but told the police this.
Its playing out to an inevitable conclusion. They will all walk.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 9:48am
Another interesting point from yesterdays hearing was that the police were unable to retrieve Oldings clothes from his house when they went to it a day or two after

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 1:02pm
A forensic scientist is now giving evidence. She says swabs taken from the complainant's vagina returned negative for semen.
Court hears Stuart Olding's semen was found on the woman's jeans. Mr. Olding is accused of forcing her to perform oral sex on him. He denies the charge and claims the sex act she performed on him was consensual.
Court hears Stuart Olding's semen was also found on her underwear and the black top she was wearing on the night in question.
A grey and white duvet cover taken from Paddy Jackson's home was also examined by this witness. She said blood staining was visible on it. She tells the jury it was tested and found to match the DNA profile of the complainant.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Another interesting point from yesterdays hearing was that the police were unable to retrieve Oldings clothes from his house when they went to it a day or two after

Saw that. Weird one
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 2:56pm
Ireland in trouble here.

Awful miss by Sexton for the first penalty kick.

Stockdale is some talent
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 2:59pm
Spoke too soon

Great try. Good match.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 267268269270271 470>
  Share Topic