You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Royal family

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Royal family
    Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 9:16pm
Just watching a programme on BBC2 about Tzar Nicholas II of Russia.  Some serious inbreeding between all these European royal families over the years....Serious deliverance and banjo stuff ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

Nicholas was related to several monarchs in Europe. His mother's siblings included Kings Frederik VIII of Denmark and George I of Greece as well as the United Kingdom's Queen Alexandra (consort of King Edward VII). Nicholas, his wife, Alexandra, and Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany were all first cousins of King George V of the United Kingdom. Nicholas was also a first cousin of both King Haakon VII and Queen Maud of Norway, as well as King Constantine I of Greece. While not first cousins, Nicholas and Kaiser Wilhelm II were second cousins, once removed, as each descended from King Frederick William III of Prussia, as well as third cousins, as they were both great-great-grandsons of Tsar Paul I of Russia. Nicholas and his wife, Alexandra, were also second cousins, as both descended from Louis II, Grand Duke of Hesse and his wife, Wilhelmine of Baden.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 10:03pm
Sure Lizzie and Phil are 2nd cousins or something
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 10:49pm
Lizards
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 11:13pm
Yup they're all related. All to do with forming alliances through marriage back in the day
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 11:16pm
Sure half of Germany and half of England are 1st cousins.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 11:18pm
Sure Lizzie's real surname is Saxe Coburg Gotha
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 11:19pm
Jaysus I never knew that.
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 11:20pm
WW1 - The War of Euro Incest. 

Or The "Great" War, as Loyal Revisionists would tell you Confused
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 12:36pm
Yeah the "Windsors" me hole LOL 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 12:14am
I didn't watch the yoke the other night

But after piecing things together over the last year, mostly from sugar packets, I think the gist of it is as follows:

Meghan thinks a lot of media coverage of her in England has displayed a clear racial bias

And that an unnamed member of the Royal family was saying racist stuff regarding her baby's skin colour

And also that there seemed to be much more emphasis within the House of Windsor/Battenberg/Hohenzollern on protecting somebody strongly suspected of being a child sex abuser, than on protecting Meghan from thinly veiled racism 

So she is tired of the racist bias against her, the favouritism towards his Royal Dryness, and the whole goldfish bowl lifestyle

This has made a load of Brexity, women hating, Empire loving types like Peter Shilton and Pearse O'Meara furious

Is this correct

Meghan seems alright

Edited by sid waddell - 11 Mar 2021 at 12:17am
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 2:56am
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 8:24am
They are quite a sporting family too, with one member playing football for England as late as the 1970s. Former Everton striker Joe 😉
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 8:46am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I didn't watch the yoke the other night

But after piecing things together over the last year, mostly from sugar packets, I think the gist of it is as follows:

Meghan thinks a lot of media coverage of her in England has displayed a clear racial bias

And that an unnamed member of the Royal family was saying racist stuff regarding her baby's skin colour

And also that there seemed to be much more emphasis within the House of Windsor/Battenberg/Hohenzollern on protecting somebody strongly suspected of being a child sex abuser, than on protecting Meghan from thinly veiled racism 

So she is tired of the racist bias against her, the favouritism towards his Royal Dryness, and the whole goldfish bowl lifestyle

This has made a load of Brexity, women hating, Empire loving types like Peter Shilton and Pearse O'Meara furious

Is this correct

Meghan seems alright

Clap
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 8:48am
What's Mountbatten got to do with how they came together?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:12am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

When I was but a newborn in arms the RA blew up Mountbatten and three other innocents

In Ballyer, graffiti went up "13 dead and not forgotten, 18 Brits went up with Mountbatten"

This was then responded to underneath by some other graffiti on the wall merchant: "Mountbatten was pro-Irish freedom"

This was then scrawled out by the original guy before being reinstated

A game of tit for tat ensured

I would have thought the guy who wrote the original graffiti would have known that 14, not 13 people died as a result of the events of Bloody Sunday

Basic facts, like
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:16am

When I was but a newborn in arms the RA blew up Mountbatten and three other innocents

In Ballyer, graffiti went up "13 dead and not forgotten, 18 Brits went up with Mountbatten"

This was then responded to underneath by some other graffiti on the wall merchant: "Mountbatten was pro-Irish freedom"

I would have thought the guy who wrote the original graffiti would have known that 14, not 13 people died as a result of the events of Bloody Sunday

Basic facts, like

To be pedantic, always thought it was "we got 18 and Mountbatten"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:18am
14 not forgotten we got 18 and Mountbatten.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Basic facts, like

To be pedantic, always thought it was "we got 18 and Mountbatten"
Aye and a fat lot of good it did
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic