You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The rejects who only got tickets from the Quarters
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The rejects who only got tickets from the Quarters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The rejects who only got tickets from the Quarters
    Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 4:48pm
Was there many of us. What the f**k is that all aboutConfused

I don't remember the 'Do you think your Spain and will only watch the knock out games' option when applying

Bob Hoskins: Quarters/Semi's and final tickets 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 4:56pm
I would imagine plenty only applied for the group stages.  You were in the draw for those but were unsuccessful.   There was much less demand for games in Ukraine hence these were easier to get.

Real bummer must have been thinking you had tickets for an hour or 2 before you could check your account. 

Sounds like everyone who applied for the later rounds got them.  
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 5:02pm
I presume it came about becuase there were many who only clicked for the group games and therefore that freed tickets for the later games and rather than give someone a total rejection they got tickets for the later stages if Ireland qualify 
AKA pedantic kunt
harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I presume it came about becuase there were many who only clicked for the group games and therefore that freed tickets for the later games and rather than give someone a total rejection they got tickets for the later stages if Ireland qualify 

sound of them was'nt it
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by harry harry wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

sound of them was'nt it

So what should they have done then. 

If you have more people who want tickets than you have tickets avaiable.  you obviously do it in order of priority.  In the main they have got this right with some shocking errors as an exception. 

There is also an issue that I think we all thought that there was more cat 3 tickets than there was and as a result people have now got cat 1 tickets when they budgeted for cat 1. 

However the point about been offered tickets after the group games is purely to do with the fact that some people only applied for group  games and therefore the request to ticket ration is not the same. 
AKA pedantic kunt
KrisMorrisKross View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisMorrisKross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 9:46pm
I'm part of this group Bob. I don't think we are rejects, I think the FAI have earmarked us as super duper fans who only deserve to watch the knock out games. 

I'm stunned by the whole thing. I though feck it only one bite at the cherry so may as well look for a ticket for all matches. Shouldn't have bothered.

The reason we got tickets for the quarters, semis and final was because these games are in bigger stadiums - Donetsk, Warsaw and Kiev

A mate of mine just applied for the group games and got allocated a ticket for the Italy game. I'm just wondering did anyone just get allocated a ticket to the final (or just the quarters or just the semis) ?

The FAI said that those unsuccessful would go into a further ballot for any extra tickets they could source - are we included in that given that we were 'successful' ?

Are we first in line or not in the line at all ?
Back o' the Net !
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:40pm
Kris our application only offered tickets to the final which i think is very strange but funny at the same time.
might be 1 of the few that actually gets to see us win the euros LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
KrisMorrisKross View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisMorrisKross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:47pm
Saw that in another thread Daithi, you're right it's a sick joke. Jesus the range of emotions I had yesterday, if you didn't laugh you'd have to cry
Back o' the Net !
GAF1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:53pm
i got allocated quarters semis and final tickets.it says 1200euro will be deducted from my credit card tues.but on FAQs it says if ur team does not qualify no money will be deducted.how does that work if its already deducted??
niall quinns disco pants-from paris 2 bari and beyond
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by KrisMorrisKross KrisMorrisKross wrote:

Saw that in another thread Daithi, you're right it's a sick joke. Jesus the range of emotions I had yesterday, if you didn't laugh you'd have to cry
I'm sure we will all get sorted 1 way or another either before we go or defo over there, not going to worry to much now anyway, just have to set the budget a little bit higher or drink less, think it will have to be the former LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:12pm
Not worried about getting tickets for the group stages- just odd really.

Could be a sign that we are gonna make the final and be one of the lucky few that will get ticketsCool
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:13pm
I have had Ireland Euro 2012 champions in my signature for over 2 years..it's a sign I tells yah a sign
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:13pm
If we played in Ukraine, almost everyone would have got what they wanted. Instead we got sent to Poland with smaller stadiums, and fewer tickets up for sale. We're the only nation whose fans must fly to the tournament, and we're the only nation in the group that have to travel to different venues for each game. All of us have got screwed in some way.

But at least the transport network is better, even if it's not exactly much consolation.  
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

If we played in Ukraine, almost everyone would have got what they wanted.   
True

Instead we got sent to Poland with smaller stadiums, and fewer tickets up for sale.  
  False

We're the only nation whose fans must fly to the tournament

False

we're the only nation in the group that have to travel to different venues for each game.

False

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:35pm
Kiev: 65k capacity
Donetsk: 50k capacity

Gdansk: 40k capacity
Poznan: 40k capacity

We need flights because of where we are. Everyone else can get buses and trains to get around, even the English. They won't of course, but they could if they had to. The Czechs only have 300 kilometres to cover for each group game. No flights needed.

All of Spain's games are in Gdansk
Croatia's first two games are in the same ground.
Italy's last two games are in the same ground.
Ours are different in each game. A lot of kilometres to clock up.

Edited by planning - 17 Mar 2012 at 11:36pm
NewrycityonTour View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewrycityonTour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:54pm
Clap @ Soccerc
Oh angry nordies, we used to be British but were O'Irish now.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:54pm
in this group too, infairness getting to moscow was piss easy and dont deserve a group ticket, also have a few pints in me so ignore this!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

in this group too, infairness getting to moscow was piss easy and dont deserve a group ticket, also have a few pints in me so ignore this!
WTF??? Am I missing something here???
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic