URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=36895
Printed Date: 09 May 2024 at 9:56am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The rejects who only got tickets from the Quarters
Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Subject: The rejects who only got tickets from the Quarters
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 4:48pm
Was there many of us. What the f**k is that all aboutConfused

I don't remember the 'Do you think your Spain and will only watch the knock out games' option when applying

Bob Hoskins: Quarters/Semi's and final tickets 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Replies:
Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 4:56pm
I would imagine plenty only applied for the group stages.  You were in the draw for those but were unsuccessful.   There was much less demand for games in Ukraine hence these were easier to get.

Real bummer must have been thinking you had tickets for an hour or 2 before you could check your account. 

Sounds like everyone who applied for the later rounds got them.  

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 5:02pm
I presume it came about becuase there were many who only clicked for the group games and therefore that freed tickets for the later games and rather than give someone a total rejection they got tickets for the later stages if Ireland qualify 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: harry
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I presume it came about becuase there were many who only clicked for the group games and therefore that freed tickets for the later games and rather than give someone a total rejection they got tickets for the later stages if Ireland qualify 

sound of them was'nt it

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by harry harry wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

sound of them was'nt it

So what should they have done then. 

If you have more people who want tickets than you have tickets avaiable.  you obviously do it in order of priority.  In the main they have got this right with some shocking errors as an exception. 

There is also an issue that I think we all thought that there was more cat 3 tickets than there was and as a result people have now got cat 1 tickets when they budgeted for cat 1. 

However the point about been offered tickets after the group games is purely to do with the fact that some people only applied for group  games and therefore the request to ticket ration is not the same. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: KrisMorrisKross
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 9:46pm
I'm part of this group Bob. I don't think we are rejects, I think the FAI have earmarked us as super duper fans who only deserve to watch the knock out games. 

I'm stunned by the whole thing. I though feck it only one bite at the cherry so may as well look for a ticket for all matches. Shouldn't have bothered.

The reason we got tickets for the quarters, semis and final was because these games are in bigger stadiums - Donetsk, Warsaw and Kiev

A mate of mine just applied for the group games and got allocated a ticket for the Italy game. I'm just wondering did anyone just get allocated a ticket to the final (or just the quarters or just the semis) ?

The FAI said that those unsuccessful would go into a further ballot for any extra tickets they could source - are we included in that given that we were 'successful' ?

Are we first in line or not in the line at all ?

-------------
Back o' the Net !

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:40pm
Kris our application only offered tickets to the final which i think is very strange but funny at the same time.
might be 1 of the few that actually gets to see us win the euros LOL

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:47pm
Saw that in another thread Daithi, you're right it's a sick joke. Jesus the range of emotions I had yesterday, if you didn't laugh you'd have to cry

-------------
Back o' the Net !

Posted By: GAF1
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:53pm
i got allocated quarters semis and final tickets.it says 1200euro will be deducted from my credit card tues.but on FAQs it says if ur team does not qualify no money will be deducted.how does that work if its already deducted??

-------------
niall quinns disco pants-from paris 2 bari and beyond

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by KrisMorrisKross KrisMorrisKross wrote:

Saw that in another thread Daithi, you're right it's a sick joke. Jesus the range of emotions I had yesterday, if you didn't laugh you'd have to cry
I'm sure we will all get sorted 1 way or another either before we go or defo over there, not going to worry to much now anyway, just have to set the budget a little bit higher or drink less, think it will have to be the former LOL

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:12pm
Not worried about getting tickets for the group stages- just odd really.

Could be a sign that we are gonna make the final and be one of the lucky few that will get ticketsCool

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:13pm
I have had Ireland Euro 2012 champions in my signature for over 2 years..it's a sign I tells yah a sign

-------------

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:13pm
If we played in Ukraine, almost everyone would have got what they wanted. Instead we got sent to Poland with smaller stadiums, and fewer tickets up for sale. We're the only nation whose fans must fly to the tournament, and we're the only nation in the group that have to travel to different venues for each game. All of us have got screwed in some way.

But at least the transport network is better, even if it's not exactly much consolation.  

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

If we played in Ukraine, almost everyone would have got what they wanted.   
True

Instead we got sent to Poland with smaller stadiums, and fewer tickets up for sale.  
  False

We're the only nation whose fans must fly to the tournament

False

we're the only nation in the group that have to travel to different venues for each game.

False

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:35pm
Kiev: 65k capacity
Donetsk: 50k capacity

Gdansk: 40k capacity
Poznan: 40k capacity

We need flights because of where we are. Everyone else can get buses and trains to get around, even the English. They won't of course, but they could if they had to. The Czechs only have 300 kilometres to cover for each group game. No flights needed.

All of Spain's games are in Gdansk
Croatia's first two games are in the same ground.
Italy's last two games are in the same ground.
Ours are different in each game. A lot of kilometres to clock up.

Posted By: NewrycityonTour
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:54pm
Clap @ Soccerc

-------------
Oh angry nordies, we used to be British but were O'Irish now.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:54pm
in this group too, infairness getting to moscow was piss easy and dont deserve a group ticket, also have a few pints in me so ignore this!

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

in this group too, infairness getting to moscow was piss easy and dont deserve a group ticket, also have a few pints in me so ignore this!
WTF??? Am I missing something here???

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 12:01am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

WTF??? Am I missing something here???

explain?

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 12:08am
Basically your entire post vidic

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 12:08am
Selective choices from me

Kharkiv 38500 v Wroclaw 41000
Lviv 35000 v Warsaw 58000

I can leave here and drive to Poland without the 'must fly' by taking a ferry.

The reason everyone would have been accommodated for tickets in Ukraine is simply down to the logistics of travelling to and around the country.   Had England been in Poland they expected up to100,000 to arrive whereas they now believe less than 10000 will make the trip.

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 12:10am

Basically your entire post vidic

sorry, as i said, was in the pub so posts might not make sense! but basically the 300 or so of us that went to Moscow were told we'd be okay for tickets for travelling that far and its turned out that wasnt true at all and like many ive ended up with no group stage tickets and just quarter final tickets.

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 12:12am
Makes sense now, I agree, you were rightly shafted.

-------------

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 12:15am

Makes sense now, I agree, you were rightly shafted.

We were but no point getting worked up over it, we're all still alive and in good health, nothing to get worked up over and it'll all work out in the endThumbs Up

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 5:09am
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

The reason everyone would have been accommodated for tickets in Ukraine is simply down to the logistics of travelling to and around the country.   Had England been in Poland they expected up to100,000 to arrive whereas they now believe less than 10000 will make the trip.

Ukraine is not a third world country, everything is available. England won't bother travelling because not enough of them want to pay the cost of accommodation. Neither do we in Poland, so we'll end up in tents, campsites, vans, and well away from the host cities instead.

Sweden got the one-way ticket to Kiev, so they can set up camp for the week, and have literally thousands of tickets available. As for those crying over the travel logistics, many of our fans are experienced long-haul travellers, some were up and down Italy in 1990, and USA in 94, so it should make a few hours travelling in Ukraine seem a spin.

Posted By: mactifosi
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 7:35pm

We need flights because of where we are. Everyone else can get buses and trains to get around, even the English. They won't of course, but they could if they had to. 

Jesus there are loads of direct flights from Ireland to Poland unlike most other countries.
Some fans will have no option but to get multiple flights, trains etc.

I can tell having experience myself travelling in the Ukraine, Ireland is very lucky not to be based in Ukraine.

England for example have a couple of much bigger round trips on diabolical road and rail lines.
The trip to Gdansk is a bloody picnic in comparison - 5-6 hours

Germany have to go from Lviv to Kharkiv which will be complete torture with the Ukraine's infrastructure could be 24 hours by bus.

It is very easy getting tickets for matches in Ukraine, as most fans dont want to go there.
Based on personal experience I cant blame them.

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by mactifosi mactifosi wrote:

We need flights because of where we are. Everyone else can get buses and trains to get around, even the English. They won't of course, but they could if they had to. 

Jesus there are loads of direct flights from Ireland to Poland unlike most other countries.
Some fans will have no option but to get multiple flights, trains etc.

I can tell having experience myself travelling in the Ukraine, Ireland is very lucky not to be based in Ukraine.

England for example have a couple of much bigger round trips on diabolical road and rail lines.
The trip to Gdansk is a bloody picnic in comparison - 5-6 hours

Germany have to go from Lviv to Kharkiv which will be complete torture with the Ukraine's infrastructure could be 24 hours by bus.

It is very easy getting tickets for matches in Ukraine, as most fans dont want to go there.
Based on personal experience I cant blame them.

exactly, anybody who wanted Ukraine over Poland needs their head examined. If you think Poland prices are high now  imagine England/holland or Germany in our group. Poland is a piece of piss to get to

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: stoptheclocks
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 11:29pm
I'm in this group and so is a fellow ST holder. We're not rejects, we're optimistic supporters. I can't wait for the Ireland v France rematch. I'll be there. We'll be putting that night in Paris behind us, once and for all. 

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 4:38am
Originally posted by stoptheclocks stoptheclocks wrote:

I'm in this group and so is a fellow ST holder. We're not rejects, we're optimistic supporters. I can't wait for the Ireland v France rematch. I'll be there. We'll be putting that night in Paris behind us, once and for all

Good man stoptheclocks, see ya in KievClap

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 11:46am

Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Ukraine is not a third world country, everything is available. England won't bother travelling because not enough of them want to pay the cost of accommodation. Neither do we in Poland, so we'll end up in tents, campsites, vans, and well away from the host cities instead.

Sweden got the one-way ticket to Kiev, so they can set up camp for the week, and have literally thousands of tickets available. As for those crying over the travel logistics, many of our fans are experienced long-haul travellers, some were up and down Italy in 1990, and USA in 94, so it should make a few hours travelling in Ukraine seem a spin.

We wouldn't have come close to selling our allocation for Ukraine either. 

Ukraine accommodation includes over 4,000 euro per night for a 4 star hotel and hundreds per night for the kips.  The logistics are a nightmare.   Hence England have failed to sell their ticket allocation as have anybody else there.      

In Poland we have the option of staying at normal prices in places like Torun, Bydgoszcz and Lodz.  There were also deals available in the host cities until shortly after the draw.

There were no such options for Ukraine.  I got qf tickets for Donetsk a year ago.  I tried loads of ways of going to that game but couldn't get any accommodation at a reasonable (or even somewhat unreasonable price).  In the end I gave up.  If we go to Donetsk I will be there and will sleep in the airport or train station if needs be but most are not willing to do that.

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Ukraine accommodation includes over 4,000 euro per night for a 4 star hotel and hundreds per night for the kips.  The logistics are a nightmare.   Hence England have failed to sell their ticket allocation as have anybody else there.      

In Poland we have the option of staying at normal prices in places like Torun, Bydgoszcz and Lodz.  There were also deals available in the host cities until shortly after the draw.

At the end of the day, you have to look at priorities. Is it more important to see the games, or more important to have bullet trains and affordable hotels? For me, the games are the trip. I can take the inconvenience involved if it means I get to see the game, and I would have no trouble seeing them in Ukraine, I would get the tickets I wanted too, none of this different category stuff. If the budget isn't enough, then you can pick and choose what games you want to go to. We will find a way of getting to the venues.

Germans can base themselves if needed, in Kiev and travel in and out of there for their games. With respect, the cities mentioned above are also quite far from where we're playing. Poland may have the infrastructure, but it is a big rather dull country, and 10 days in some of those cities will be, even with daily piss-ups, hard going.

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 1:20pm

At the end of the day, you have to look at priorities. Is it more important to see the games, or more important to have bullet trains and affordable hotels? For me, the games are the trip. I can take the inconvenience involved if it means I get to see the game, and I would have no trouble seeing them in Ukraine, I would get the tickets I wanted too, none of this different category stuff. If the budget isn't enough, then you can pick and choose what games you want to go to. We will find a way of getting to the venues.

Germans can base themselves if needed, in Kiev and travel in and out of there for their games. With respect, the cities mentioned above are also quite far from where we're playing. Poland may have the infrastructure, but it is a big rather dull country, and 10 days in some of those cities will be, even with daily piss-ups, hard going.

Mother of God.....is it 1970 again?

I and many other ybig forum members who have been there can say that Poland is far from a dull country. Yes some of the cities have monumental concrete blocks but the country was flattened firstly by the Germans and then by the Russians in the past century but apart from Warsaw the host cities have beautiful architecture and surrounding countryside. The Poles like the Irish enjoy a good drink and I for one cannot wait to have the craic wherever I may be in Poland in June.

Furthermore, I'm personally delighted to be based in Poland. Getting between the host cities in Ukraine would/could be painful. Lack of accommodation, corrupt cops/officials and proposed legalisation of prostitution in the Ukraine are examples of why I'm glad we're not in Ukraine (at least in group stage).

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I and many other ybig forum members who have been there can say that Poland is far from a dull country. Yes some of the cities have monumental concrete blocks but the country was flattened firstly by the Germans and then by the Russians in the past century but apart from Warsaw the host cities have beautiful architecture and surrounding countryside. The Poles like the Irish enjoy a good drink and I for one cannot wait to have the craic wherever I may be in Poland in June.

Furthermore, I'm personally delighted to be based in Poland. Getting between the host cities in Ukraine would/could be painful. Lack of accommodation, corrupt cops/officials and proposed legalisation of prostitution in the Ukraine are examples of why I'm glad we're not in Ukraine (at least in group stage).

+1, Been Poland twice and absolutely love it, delighted we're going back, might even go back again with the lads in August for a weekend, great country

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 1:47pm

proposed legalisation of prostitution in the Ukraine

down with this sort of legislation Thumbs Down

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 2:20pm

In fact you can have your 30 euro tickets and probably walk around and sit on the halfway line if you like. 

No point getting 30 euro tickets when paying ridiculous prices for everything else.  The overall cost of a trip to Ukraine would be substantially more than Poland.  Ukraine have tried the South Africa trick of ripping everyone off on the basis that they'll travel anyway and pay the sky high prices.  It didn't work in South Africa and it sure looks like it has failed miserably for Ukraine.  Note Gdansk and Poznan have tried to some extent too but have just lost out to other Polish cities. 

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 2:25pm

Ukraine have tried the South Africa trick of ripping everyone off on the basis that they'll travel anyway and pay the sky high prices.  It didn't work in South Africa and it sure looks like it has failed miserably for Ukraine.  Note Gdansk and Poznan have tried to some extent too but have just lost out to other Polish cities. 

it would have worked out for poland if the germans , dutch and english were based there... we are blessed that they are not...

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

I'm not sure if you're been humourous or not but paying to have sex with a woman is one thing it's entirely another when it's with underage girls as is the case with a lot of those girls in the Ukraine.

I'm glad we won't have much to do with the Ukraine during the Euros.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 3:11pm

I'm not sure if you're been humourous or not but paying to have sex with a woman is one thing it's entirely another when it's with underage girls as is the case with a lot of those girls in the Ukraine.

so are they legalising underage prostitution ?

-------------

Posted By: The Fly
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 3:21pm

One would imagine that legalising it would give the government greater control and actually reduce the problem you mentioned.

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by The Fly The Fly wrote:

One would imagine that legalising it would give the government greater control and actually reduce the problem you mentioned.

i would have thought so ,

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 3:47pm

Originally posted by The Fly The Fly wrote:

i would have thought so ,

Are ye for real....how the hell could they control it with less than 3 months before the tournament starts. The whole racket is organised by the mafia while at the same time the government are as crooked as a thorny bush. I suggest you look up the FEMEN group to find out more about the issue.

Apologies for taking this off topic. I've had my say........

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 9:14pm

1970? Some of Poland is still stuck in 1945!! 1970 would be progress. There's only so many hours in the day you can stare out at a field, a square, or even a city town centre.

When it comes down to it, a lot of fans are paying 4 times the cost of the tickets they originally wanted and budgeted for. And they're the lucky ones. Many have no tickets at all. That's what they're getting for the "staying at normal prices" several hours from the venues. When compared to Ukraine, it's all much of a muchness imo.

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 11:36pm
Confused Where the hell has my thread gone..full off oddball comments.

Doesn't seem to be many fans who only got the Quarter's onwards, which is a good thing.

-------------

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Doesn't seem to be many fans who only got the Quarter's onwards, which is a good thing.

I split me season tickets

original application got group tickets

other one got 2 for each up to the final ( 1/4 Semi and final )Cat 2  1200 euro Dead

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 11:40pm
Your mate should have backed Salut Flo Big smile and he'd have not bother paying that €1200

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 11:43pm
I was just looking at my allocation again (I check it every now and again to see have my group game tickets appeared yet !) and in fairness fair play to UEFA they have us winning the group as it is very specific that the Quarter Final I have been allocated tickets to is in Donetsk for the winners of our group and the runners up of group D.

-------------
Back o' the Net !

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 11:47pm

I was just looking at my allocation again (I check it every now and again to see have my group game tickets appeared yet !) and in fairness fair play to UEFA they have us winning the group as it is very specific that the Quarter Final I have been allocated tickets to is in Donetsk for the winners of our group and the runners up of group D.

CHeck it again, it should give both quarters

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 11:54pm

Your mate should have backed Salut Flo Big smile and he'd have not bother paying that €1200

The other application is mine tooLOL

dont like the idea of 1200 sitting on my card causing Interest. Thumbs Down

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 11:56pm

It does Nemanja. I feel thick now !

-------------
Back o' the Net !

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 11:59pm

It does Nemanja. I feel thick now !

I'd feel more relieved than anything if I were youLOL

Posted By: 4tothefloor
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 1:42am

In the same boat Bob, quarters to final all Cat3. Load of sh*te to be honest

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 1:57am
Originally posted by 4tothefloor 4tothefloor wrote:

In the same boat Bob, quarters to final all Cat3. Load of sh*te to be honest

I take it you are not going to pay for these? Got offered them myself but will be refusing them also.

Posted By: Mr.Mojo Risin'
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 2:05am
I only got tickets for the quarters.

-------------
Ahh heya!

Posted By: ginger66
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 7:13am
Am i really being thick here....

Got Tickets for the Qtrs,Semi's and Final.....assuming money is being deducted from my CC today.

If Ireland get knocked out,do i still get tickets for the games,do i get my wonga back.

Totally confused by it all.If i don't get tickets for the knockouts Delaney can stick his season tickets just many others are saying

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 10:13am
You won't get any tickets unless Ireland qualify out of the group. Then you will get them as we progress.

What you will get before leaving for Ukraine are "vouchers" (think confirmation emails) to be taken to a UEFA ticket collection point and exchanged for the ticket of the game Ireland are playing next.

If we don't get out of the group, you'll get your bus fare home. Or aka your quarter/semi/final tickets cancelled and your cash refunded.

Posted By: mactifosi
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 10:34am

1970? Some of Poland is still stuck in 1945!! 1970 would be progress. There's only so many hours in the day you can stare out at a field, a square, or even a city town centre.

Don't talk bollox, go and use the FREE astro pitches while you are here.

Make a BBQ at one of the lakes, enjoy the great weather, go swimming, kayaking whatever in water where your balls wont turn blue or you'll catch diseases from the pollution.

Go drive a tank, go kart racing, horse riding, shoot some AK-47s etc just don't come over here and sit on your f**king hole moaning about the hot weather.

But I am betting when you see the talent in Poland you wont be complaining about staring at it.

My mates only got f**king 1/4 final tickets so far but flights and accommodation already sorted.
13 STs and not a sniff of a group stage ticket - that is something to moan about.

Posted By: ginger66
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 3:40pm
Mactifosi i know all about the talent......My missus is Polish,your right there

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by mactifosi mactifosi wrote:

Don't talk bollox, go and use the FREE astro pitches while you are here.

Make a BBQ at one of the lakes, enjoy the great weather, go swimming, kayaking whatever in water where your balls wont turn blue or you'll catch diseases from the pollution.

Go drive a tank, go kart racing, horse riding, shoot some AK-47s etc just don't come over here and sit on your f**king hole moaning about the hot weather.

But I am betting when you see the talent in Poland you wont be complaining about staring at it.

My mates only got f**king 1/4 final tickets so far but flights and accommodation already sorted.
13 STs and not a sniff of a group stage ticket - that is something to moan about.

Frustrating as the long wait was, I only started the booking process last weekend, as without game tickets, there would be nothing to go to. And the tickets are still less expensive than the available flights.

I was in Poland a few years ago, and if I'm being honest, the weather was average at best, the place was drab, and everywhere you went, you were told and reminded what happened between 1939-1945. As if it was the only country and population to suffer by what happened then.

Ireland has a bloody history too. We don't live in 1916 anymore though.

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:20pm
Just bumping this thread to see did anybody who got a "successful" e-mail first time around but got no group tickets only knock out tickets get any tickets in the ballot today ?

-------------
Back o' the Net !

Posted By: deiseblue
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:25pm

Just bumping this thread to see did anybody who got a "successful" e-mail first time around but got no group tickets only knock out tickets get any tickets in the ballot today ?

Yes -I received 6 x Cat 1 for the group games per UEFA email today after getting provisional knock out tickets only in the first ballot.

Posted By: Trap for Pope
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:47pm
Ya i did Kris, a few threads dealing with this/ Try the FAI tickets for the Euros and away travellers overlooked

Thumbs Up 

-------------
Living for Away days

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:50pm
I know Pope, I got nothing today so I am just wondering am I the only reject left

-------------
Back o' the Net !

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:59pm
I got nada as well, have tickets for all games though

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 10:11pm
Ah fair enough I need to stop feeling sorry for myself !

-------------
Back o' the Net !

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 10:36pm
Two of the lads going with me got conditional tickets....

no emails today.

Got Italy and Croatia off the portal though.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:58pm

I know Pope, I got nothing today so I am just wondering am I the only reject left

Bobs' still in the mix with you Kriss. The Last of the Rejectons

-------------

Posted By: Ireland4ever
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 12:33am

Bobs' still in the mix with you Kriss. The Last of the Rejectons

+1

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 1:57pm
I got an email off ups yesterday about a delivery.

I only got tickets to Q/F S/F and F. But that's only if Ireland qualify..so why would they be sending me anything?

Anyone else get the same email?

-------------

Posted By: Trap for Pope
Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 2:38pm
Your getting vouchers Bob to be exchanged in the event.....

-------------
Living for Away days

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 6:21pm

I got an email off ups yesterday about a delivery.

I only got tickets to Q/F S/F and F. But that's only if Ireland qualify..so why would they be sending me anything?

Anyone else get the same email?

got nothing yet on that allocation. but they charged me 1200 lids for them..  Nice bit of interest to pay visa even if we dont get any tickets atall

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 7:24pm
No e-mail. Not too bothered they may as well send the vouchers in the post 

-------------
Back o' the Net !

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net