You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Only Fools And Horses Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 58>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Saw the episode earlier today about Del having the stomach pains and ending up in hospital:

Early in the episode when Rodney leaves the room, Del admits to Albert that he hasn't been able to pay the rent for several months but doesn't want Rodney to know. A few minutes later, Rodney tells Del about Albert's suspicion that the bathroom might be haunted and asks Del if he thinks the bathroom is possessed. Del replies 'possessed? Give it a few months and it could be re-possessed'. Not only has he let slip to Rodney that they have cash flow problems but it's gone completely over Rodney's head, there is absolutely no reaction from him! LOL

I know that if I heard Del say something like that, I would stop what I was doing , look at Del with a concerned face and say 'you what...?'. Sullivan, you dozy twonk! Embarrassed

LOL

yeah noticed that myself.LOL

I noticed they edited that episode to bits.  They left out the stuff about him afraid of having aids off ''some mush called Jason''
It's not the only episode to have been edited to bits - there was the posh dinner party where Del gets drunk when a good chunk was edited out of Del's conversation with the posh Chelsea fan, another one taken out of a pub scene in' The Frog's Legacy, another one in 'The Miracle of Peckham'... its just ridiculous now. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

was watching Hull and Back yesterday.
The scene where Denzil thinks he is losing his mind and spots Del at the zebra crossing. Well, I sh*t you not, the zebra crossing is a roll of carpet. 
I just watched it online. A poor effort they made of hiding it.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 8:36pm

Saw the episode earlier today about Del having the stomach pains and ending up in hospital:

Early in the episode when Rodney leaves the room, Del admits to Albert that he hasn't been able to pay the rent for several months but doesn't want Rodney to know. A few minutes later, Rodney tells Del about Albert's suspicion that the bathroom might be haunted and asks Del if he thinks the bathroom is possessed. Del replies 'possessed? Give it a few months and it could be re-possessed'. Not only has he let slip to Rodney that they have cash flow problems but it's gone completely over Rodney's head, there is absolutely no reaction from him! LOL

I know that if I heard Del say something like that, I would stop what I was doing , look at Del with a concerned face and say 'you what...?'. Sullivan, you dozy twonk! Embarrassed

LOL

yeah noticed that myself.LOL

I noticed they edited that episode to bits.  They left out the stuff about him afraid of having aids off ''some mush called Jason''

Never saw the original so the joke about the Irish fella on the skiing holiday went over my head
It's not the only episode to have been edited to bits - there was the posh dinner party where Del gets drunk when a good chunk was edited out of Del's conversation with the posh Chelsea fan, another one taken out of a pub scene in' The Frog's Legacy, another one in 'The Miracle of Peckham'... its just ridiculous now. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 11:47am
Watching Miami Twice now.  So many plot holes.   Don Occetti (or however you spell it) is under house arrest.  So why would they bring the imposter out of the house to a restaurant?  Secondly if they wanted him to be killed in public view why put him on a jet ski out to sea with nobody around to see him? 

Del boy meets the Colombians to arrange a drug meet up and suggests Biscayne Bay with no details.  They never asked how will we recognise the boat to meet up etc.. As if you just turn up to a big expanse of water where many boats and police would be patrolling.  Colombian drug barrons aren't that stupid. '' I know I'll just turn up with millions worth of coke and hope to find the Occettis boat.''

I could go on.

By the way Branson must have paid for that episode as its just an advertising episode for Virgin and trips to Miami.

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 12:28pm

Watching Miami Twice now.  So many plot holes.   Don Occetti (or however you spell it) is under house arrest.  So why would they bring the imposter out of the house to a restaurant?  Secondly if they wanted him to be killed in public view why put him on a jet ski out to sea with nobody around to see him? 

Del boy meets the Colombians to arrange a drug meet up and suggests Biscayne Bay with no details.  They never asked how will we recognise the boat to meet up etc.. As if you just turn up to a big expanse of water where many boats and police would be patrolling.  Colombian drug barrons aren't that stupid. '' I know I'll just turn up with millions worth of coke and hope to find the Occettis boat.''

I could go on.

By the way Branson must have paid for that episode as its just an advertising episode for Virgin and trips to Miami.
And how come none of the locals that Del meets under the guise of the mafia boss (eg the Italian restaurant owner, the cops who brought him back from the jet ski incident, the Colombian drug barons etc) noticed him talking with a strong English accent instead of an Italian/American one? 

The scene where Del meets the drug barons was ridiculous - do neither of them wonder why Del is even trying to cover his face with his towel, or why he has to help them understand his pronunciation of Biscayne Bay?

Gordon Bennett, Sullivan! EmbarrassedLOL

Edit: just remembered the cops mentioned his different accent to Rico when they brought him 'home' but put it down to salt in his vocal chords. And they didn't even bat an eyelid when Rico replied (in a sinister fashion) 'don't worry officer, I've got something for his throat' along with a strangling gesture with his hands.  Surely the cops should have clocked that considering the type of family they were dealing with? LOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 30 Jun 2019 at 12:40pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 12:37pm
'Miami Twice' is absolutely brutal. It had gone completely at that stage and in a style more reminiscent of American sitcoms where it became more about the situation than the comedy. A truly awful piece of television that cannot be compared with episodes like 'Yuppy Love' and 'Who's a Pretty Boy'.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 12:41pm
I happen to like itEmbarrassed
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 12:50pm
Watching Modern Man now and Rodney rings Dels mobile number to apply for a job. As if he wouldn't recognise the numberEmbarrassed

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 1:02pm

Watching Modern Man now and Rodney rings Dels mobile number to apply for a job. As if he wouldn't recognise the numberEmbarrassed
You are familiar with the character of Rodney?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 1:08pm
Rodney is no daw. He has GCEs. He has executive qualifications.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 2:21pm
I turn off Miami Twice once they get the rental vehicle. Absolutely horrendous.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 3:52pm
Oh the yellow rose of Texas...
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 4:22pm
Whenever I think about David Jason choosing Miami Twice as his favourite Only Fools and Horses episode/episodes, I feel a bit embarrassed for him.

Just because he got to show off his Marlon Brando godfather impression and film on location in the states, he completely missed that it was really terrible. Only Royal flush competes with it as the low point of the series.Actors are such fcuking egomaniacs.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 4:45pm
Dont have a problem with Royal Flush. Good episode for me.
AS YOU WERE McGx

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Whenever I think about David Jason choosing Miami Twice as his favourite Only Fools and Horses episode/episodes, I feel a bit embarrassed for him.

Just because he got to show off his Marlon Brando godfather impression and film on location in the states, he completely missed that it was really terrible. Only Royal flush competes with it as the low point of the series.Actors are such fcuking egomaniacs.

It wasn't very funny at times but the Royal Flush is an excellent episode that highlighted the class system in British society. The scene between a humiliated Rodney and Del Boy showed what excellent actors they could be in a non-comedic scene. 

Edited by irishmufc - 30 Jun 2019 at 4:56pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 5:04pm
The "pull/paul" bit during the clay pigeon shooting LOL
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 5:19pm
That's a great episode!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 6:25pm
Watching Friday the 14th
Outstanding episode
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 58>
  Share Topic