Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=43249
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:34am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The Only Fools And Horses Thread
Posted By: irishmufc
Subject: The Only Fools And Horses Thread
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 3:55pm
They're on bbc1 and uk gold monday to friday. Just watching the episode where albert falls down the pub cellar and they sue the brewery .

As much as I like the office, peep show, curb your enthusiasm, It has to be the best tv comedy certainly the best sitcom. The gags are brilliant the storylines always have a good ending. It'll never age.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Replies:
Posted By: Huggybeer
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:00pm
true! have probably seen every episode 3 times now and still laugh my arse of, even though I know the punch line beofre they say it.

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:07pm
Clap

Quaity, absolute quality, still stands up against the best of what today has to offer

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:16pm
Bout time we had a thread on this.
Chateauneuf du pape.

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:18pm
Alot of the humour had Irish origin as John Sullivans family were all paddies.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:30pm

Hadn't really watched it until recently. Still only catching the odd episode but I love the humour and can see why it's a classic

Posted By: ShannonHibs10
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:36pm

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:20pm
They are after censoring bits of it now. For example, there's a scene when Rodney says the packie short changed him, that's gone.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:27pm
one show that hasn't aged at all!

Posted By: Jackthelad
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:33pm
Hands down and by a distance my favourite television programme of all time.
I have every episode watched 20+ times but never bought a box set.
The way you get to see them on gold every couple of months is ideal. I cannot say enough about this programme       

-------------
Oh Poland we loved you.....

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:44pm
Absolute love the show. Like Father Ted no matter how many times you see it the jokes and one liners never get old.

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

They are after censoring bits of it now. For example, there's a scene when Rodney says the packie short changed him, that's gone.

Thats pretty stupid as they take the piss out of everything. There's loads of paddy references in it but who'd be offended by that in a comedy. There'll always be some prick moaning about these things. 

As Billy Connolly said before that "political correctness is the language of cowards" Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Hadn't really watched it until recently. Still only catching the odd episode but I love the humour and can see why it's a classic

watch it from the beginning as you'll see how the charactors develop. the episodes with grandad are the best there is.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 6:06pm
Anyone notice what a pathetic actress Casandra is on OFAH. Racquel is good in it but that Casandra is woeful and when she delivers her gags it's pure dry Dead. terrible actress

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 7:00pm
The programmes best years were without doubt in its earlier days but I love them all.
The storylines in the early days focusing on the boys ducking and diving were magic altogether. Really got a feel for market life in London and people trying to get by. Superb stuff.

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 7:04pm
Ageless and what seemed an impossible task was made possible when introducing uncle albert for the deceased leonard pearce. Uncle albert shades Granddad for better character for me.

Just on thing though... Damian is a ****

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 7:06pm
Perfect opportunity to remind ourselves of ybigs finest post

Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

To the tune of only fools and horses [end credits]

<font face="Arial">We've got some 500% profit Ireland shirts and miles and miles of umbro lies,
Ireland tees, you boys in green and Kevin Kilbane Long sleeves,
Blob games, sponsor change, no shame, football boots and polo tops
<font face="Arial">And  Damien Duff track suits from a mush in the town of Rush,
Rush, Rush, Rush, Rush, Rush, Rush, Rush ...
No income tax, no V.A.T.,
No money back, no guarantee,
Black or white, rich or poor,
I ripped off Trap Junior for a score......
God bless Johnnycee,
Viva Johnnycee,
Long live Johnnycee,
C'est magnifique, Johnnycee,
Magnifique, Johnnycee,
Johnnycee

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: keitho5
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 7:06pm
del boy
Del Boy 2

-------------
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 7:16pm
Favourite episode???

An unbelievably hard call for me, nigh on impossible. I'd go with, actually I can't havin just looked at a list of episodes again. There was just genius humour in so many different episodes.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Favourite episode???

An unbelievably hard call for me, nigh on impossible. I'd go with, actually I can't havin just looked at a list of episodes again. There was just genius humour in so many different episodes.

To Hull and back.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

<font face="Arial">We've got some 500% profit Ireland shirts and miles and miles of umbro lies,
<font face="Arial">And  Damien Duff track suits from a mush in the town of Rush,
God bless Johnnycee,
Viva Johnnycee,
Long live Johnnycee,
Magnifique, Johnnycee,
Johnnycee

LOL

Posted By: PaulMcGrath5
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 8:52pm
The Groovy Gang, when Del won the trip to Spain with Rodneys painting and Rodney has to pretend to be a teenager for whole holiday. One of the funniest episodes of anything ever.

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 8:55pm
The Beano to Margate hands down. 

Albert "it was so cold the flame on my lighter froze"

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Rostrevor Fan
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 9:04pm
The older stuff is far better - didnt like when the series ended and they done the christmas specials and didnt like after they became millionaires it lost a bit of its magic but will go down as absolute comedy gold - Cassandra was poor but the worst ever character brought in was Damien as a young teenager

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 9:11pm

The Beano to Margate hands down. 

Albert "it was so cold the flame on my lighter froze"

LOL

-------------

Posted By: garytwigg21
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 9:22pm
My favourite TV programme ever, have seen every episode countless times and still laugh even though I know what's about to happen. Can't think of a character in it who I don't think is funny Clap

My favourite episode is the card game where Del and Boycie are playing heads up....

"How'd you know I was cheating Del? " "Because that wasn't the hand I dealt you!!"

Brilliant stuff LOL

-------------
This time next year........

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by garytwigg21 garytwigg21 wrote:

My favourite TV programme ever, have seen every episode countless times and still laugh even though I know what's about to happen. Can't think of a character in it who I don't think is funny Clap

My favourite episode is the card game where Del and Boycie are playing heads up....

"How'd you know I was cheating Del? " "Because that wasn't the hand I dealt you!!"

Brilliant stuff LOL

Honestly you couldn't think Casandra is funny or even good at acting in it. I know the women characters aren't funny but Casandra is awful.At least the Racquel one is a good actress 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by garytwigg21 garytwigg21 wrote:

Brilliant stuff LOL

Honestly you couldn't think Casandra is funny or even good at acting in it. I know the women characters aren't funny but Casandra is awful.At least the Racquel one is a good actress 

I think Cassandra is such a bad actress in it that she is funny?? She is good in the earlier episodes such as the trip to Spain when she pretends to be Rodney's ma....

-------------

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 9:57pm
Raquel was a grand bit of stuff in the earlier episodes.

Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 12:08am
[QUOTE=McG]The Beano? to Margate hands down. 
Beano to York Races...Early Doors
Jolly Boys outing Margate...Only Fools and Horses..
??

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:13am

Dodgy Del Boy and plonker Rodney flogged fake Rolexes and counterfeit jewellery - but when it came to one-liners, the Trotters dealt in nothing but gold – comedy gold.

The hapless brothers had millions of fans in stitches as they traded insults in Only Fools and Horses.

Writer John Sullivan died last year so there will be no return for the BBC sitcom that ran from 1981 to 1991, with Christmas episodes till 2003.

But now John’s son Dan has produced a book, bringing together the best quotes and most immortal lines.

So sit back and enjoy the wit and wisdom of Peckham’s finest – think of it as the “creme de la menthe” of the show’s one-liners.

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES Wit and wisdom: The Trotters
BBC

1 Did you know, 500 years ago this was a green and peaceful area? The old Earl of Peckham had a castle where the Kwik-Fit exhaust centre now stands.

Flaxen-haired maidens used to dance round the village maypole of an evening. And then one fateful medieval day, the Trotter clan arrived in a stolen Zephyr.

Before you knew it, the flaxen-haired maiden was up the spout, the old Earl had been sold some hooky armour and someone nicked the maypole. BOYCIE

2 As Macbeth said to Hamlet in A Midsummer Night’s Dream, “We’ve been done up like a couple of kippers”. DEL

3 I’m a Ming fan myself. He made some wonderful stuff, that Ming. Pity he had to go and die when he did. DEL

4 One day they might make a musical about the Trotter family. Then, as a sequel, they could do Schindler’s List on ice. RODNEY

5 They're yuppies. They don’t speak proper English like what we do. DEL

6 God knows how you’ve got the courage to walk down dark alleys wearing all that gold. When they see you coming you must look like a mugger’s pension scheme. RODNEY to DEL

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES Dodgy geezer: But Del Boy had some classic gags

7 Whatever the subject is, Mum had something to say about it on her deathbed. She must’ve spent her final few hours in this mortal realm doing nothing but rabbiting. RODNEY

8 Asking a Trotter if he knows anything about chandeliers is like asking Mr Kipling if he knows anything about cakes. DEL

9 I’ve always wanted to go to Benidorm. Where is it? GRANDAD

10 ’Ere Boyce. This car’s a GTI. If you rearrange the letters, you’ve got yourself a personalised number plate. RODNEY

11 Dear old grandad, bless him. He was about as useful as a pair of sunglasses on a bloke with one ear. DEL

12 What about the time he was in the Navy, eh? Every single ship he ever sailed on either got torpedoed or dive-bombed... two of ’em in peace time. RODNEY on ALBERT

13 I don't know what you’re worried about. I’ve been eating British beef all my life. TRIGGER

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES Deadpan: Trigger delivered his share of one-liners too

14 Do you remember your cousin Audrey? I went to stay with her and her husband Kevin for a year. One day he sent me down to Sainsbury’s with a shopping list. When I got back,  they’d emigrated. ALBERT

15 You must’ve spent a third of your life standing in front of mirrors. My earliest childhood recollection is of you standing in front of a mirror. Up until I was four, I thought you was twins. RODNEY to DEL

16 Del: The French have a word for people like me. Rodney: Yeah, the English have a couple of good ’uns an’ all.

17 He died a couple of years before I was born. TRIGGER on his dad

18 It's a well-known fact that 90% of all foreign tourists come from abroad. DEL

19 What's the name of that bloke who invented the Dyson vacuum cleaner? TRIGGER

20 Give my love to Marlene... Everyone else used to. SLATER to BOYCIE

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES Joke: Boycie was on the receiving end more often than not

21 Look at Grandad. His brain went years ago, now his legs have gone. There’s only the middle bit of him left. DEL

22 Would any self-respecting axe murderer pop upstairs for 40 winks and leave his chopper on the sideboard? DEL

23 I’ve just found out my wife has been lying to me. Every morning she says she’s gonna leave me and when I come home, she’s still there. DENZIL

24 Come on Rodney, I’ve told you before, it’s everything between you and me split straight down the middle, 60-40. DEL

25 He who dares wins. He who hesitates... doesn’t. DEL

26 I’ve got this horrible feeling. If there is such a thing as reincarnation, knowing my luck, I’ll come back as me. RODNEY

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES Unlucky: But Rodney settled down with Cassandra

27 You've had more dogs than Crufts. The other day, Grandad took your suit to the cleaners. They found a muzzle in the pocket. DEL to RODNEY

28 You can’t trust the Old Bill, can ya? Look at that time they planted six gas cookers in my bedroom.   DEL

29 I am a black belt in origami. DEL

30 Del: We had Denzil in goal, we had Monkey-Harris left back, we had... camaraderie. Trigger: Was that the Italian boy?

-------------

Posted By: Andkend
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:35am
My favourite, was when Del was pretending Rodney was a tennis pro -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSs2Rk-_dP4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSs2Rk-_dP4

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Rostrevor Fan Rostrevor Fan wrote:

The older stuff is far better - didnt like when the series ended and they done the christmas specials and didnt like after they became millionaires it lost a bit of its magic but will go down as absolute comedy gold - Cassandra was poor but the worst ever character brought in was Damien as a young teenager

Early stuff was defintely better but the episode when they became rich was quality. When they walked into the pub and everyone stops and stares then Denzil stands up and starts clapping and the whole pub follows, would bring a tear to a glass eye. If they had finished with the line "no Rodney, I'll buy the sandwiches, cos you got the rolls" it would have been perfect. Everything after that was pretty poor. Should have finished it there and left it.
Damien was sh*te.

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 3:16pm

To Hull and back.

AJAX !

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 3:40pm
Just reading those one-liners has me in stitches JackTheLad! 

Absolutely love Only Fools, and it's a shame I can't get it on any of the comedy Gold channels over here. Have to get myself that boxset some day, and enjoy them whenever I want.

Favourite episode for me is the Jolly Boys outing to Margate. Hilarious. 
'Eat your heart out Ruud Gullit'!

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 4:08pm
Do not get the boxset.
Due to copyright alot of soundtrack is different.
Some scenes also cut and edited.
Check amazon for reviews before you buy.

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 4:11pm
Definetly had its moments, favorite one liner when they are all having a seance to try and contact Del and Rodneys mother

Medium - I can see a person in the distance, .......................blond hair ..................... lots of jewellery

Trigger - is it Jimmy Saville ?

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Definetly had its moments, favorite one liner when they are all having a seance to try and contact Del and Rodneys mother

Medium - I can see a person in the distance, .......................blond hair ..................... lots of jewellery

i remember that one

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 4:17pm
People always mention the most famous scenes and quotes but what I thought was the most clever aspect of it was at the beginning some off the cuff comment would be made and you'd forget about and it would end up being very central to the storeyline's ending. very clever script writing. I cannot see anything beating it and I love the new comedies as well

-------------

Posted By: Huggybeer
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 4:33pm
Agreed the earlier ones were best, some of the later ones where they went to america and Del was a double of a mob boss were a bit gank,

But the christmas special with batman and robbin, comming out of the fog, commic genius.

Also a special mention to Del setting Raquel up with Tony to sing Crying and he had a jonathan ross speech impediment. CYING over you

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Jesus that was brillant - Trigger was awesome -

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 5:51pm
Trigger is universally popular but I'd put boycie above him. He was superb, a gangster of the highest order yet looked down on everyone.
I'm quoting this off the top of my head but remember their adoption fiasco with the German lassie.
Boyce's record read fraud, embezzlement and attempting to bribe the mayor of Lambeth.

"It's any little thing with these people these days" magic!!!!!

-------------

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 5:59pm
Called my dog Trigger after himself

Albert was the bollocks too

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 6:13pm
Yeah - they used to call Boycie - a bit of a jaffa - seedless, when him and the wife could'nt have children -

classic comedy - I am still laughing at the Jimmy Saville thing -

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 6:16pm
Boyce and Marlene got their own comedy afterwards. Something to do with them moving to the country. It's on Dave or one of those channels the odd time. Don't know what it's like though.

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 6:17pm
I always thought Grandad was naturally more funny than Albert but to be fair Albert was the best possible replacement. In the documentary about it the writers were thinking of replacing Grandad with a woman which would ve been a disaster imo. They introduced Racquel and Casandra over a period of a few episodes which made sense

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 7:57pm
When Del is trying to sell/adopt the german girls daughter to Boycie and Marlene....

Boycie: "Is this German girl healthy?"

Quick as a flash, Del: "She's Boris Becker's cousin".

LOL Brilliant

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 8:06pm
Garcon !
Dos dubonnet por favor.
Danke shin.

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:00pm

German episode again when Boycie discovers the baby boy is actually a baby girl....

"Everything you buy off him has got something missing"

LOL

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: brissy
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:03pm
The one were they go to clean the chandalers is a classic.I think grandad is a legend, old stuff is quality 

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 5:23pm
I'm watching 'the long legs of the law here' now. I'm in absolute stitches, despite it being my 40th time watching it!
The proof of the pudding is I'm laughin my arse off, yet before that I watched an old episode of friends and didn't have a very good laugh at anything.
It truly is the greatest television programme ever made.

-------------

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 6:33pm
del boy handgliding tops it for me, legendary comedy programme that does not fade with age. 
      sullivan wrote some great stuff -citizen smith, just good friends-

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Posted By: jamo1
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 6:40pm
John Sullivan Clap. Pity he died the same day as the royal wedding, didnt get the recognition he deserved tbh. 

-------------
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 6:45pm
Classic one on now sky 110, Del and Boycies card game.

Posted By: Pat power
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by othiek othiek wrote:

del boy

Del Boy 2

John Sullivan what a man,best sitcom ever made

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

John Sullivan Clap. Pity he died the same day as the royal wedding, didnt get the recognition he deserved tbh. 

Couldn't agree more. Superb with pen in hand. Faulty towers is the only thing to come close.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 May 2013 at 12:10am

God bless Johnnycee,
Viva Johnnycee,
Long live Johnnycee,
Magnifique, Johnnycee,
Johnnycee

Had a ridiculous and Shameful situation regarding Umbro last Saturday in Cork.

This cheered me right up again LOL

-------------

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 09 May 2013 at 12:11am

Spill the beans MM Thumbs Up

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 09 May 2013 at 12:17am
All in due course DI, the beans will be spilled. Not just UMBRO, the FAI too.

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 09 May 2013 at 12:30am
You heard what Irwin said.  Spill the heinz Eminem.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 09 May 2013 at 12:43am
"So what are they calling the baby Trig?"
"Well if it's a girl, they're going to call it Sigourney, after an actress"
"And if its a boy?"
"Well if its a boy they're going to call it Rodney, after Dave"

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 11:17am
bump.

It's on all day today on UK Gold now.

Triggers blue suit when he's going on his date LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 11:19am
mugs game mate

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 9:52pm
a festive bump.

Watched the one last night where Rodney met the posh girl on UK Gold.

They actually took out the whole scene where Del makes a joke about an Irishman skiing.

What made it more ridiculous was it was referenced again in another scene so if you were watching that and you didn't see it before or forgot the scene, you wouldn't have known what they were on about.
It's daft the amount of censoring done to it on UK Gold. BBC never edited it as far as I know.

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 10:16pm
Ffs! It was written by an Irishman

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 10:26pm
Watched the Jolly Boys on Gold tonight

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 10:43pm
Derek Duvall episode was on yest.

Could watch jolly boys over and over. How's your disease Denzel.....

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 10:49pm
Simply genius, I love the older stuff.
A huge moment was getting in uncle Albert. Losing granddad was a massive loss to the show. They did superbly getting buster merryfield in as his replacement - he was brilliant also.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 10:52pm
Liked Grandad but loved Albert. Genius.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

a festive bump.

Watched the one last night where Rodney met the posh girl on UK Gold.

They actually took out the whole scene where Del makes a joke about an Irishman skiing.

What made it more ridiculous was it was referenced again in another scene so if you were watching that and you didn't see it before or forgot the scene, you wouldn't have known what they were on about.
It's daft the amount of censoring done to it on UK Gold. BBC never edited it as far as I know.

Oh shut up you tart !!!

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 10:55pm
Jolly boys outing on Gold now. Hands down best episode and that's saying something. Utter class.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: depechemode
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 10:00pm

Jolly boys outing on Gold now. Hands down best episode and that's saying something. Utter class.

Yep love it. Its a real feel good road movie comedy special one.

Love the scene with trigger and mike about the driver of the coach...

Trigger : what do you think is wrong with him
Mike: snow blindness Trigger !
Trigger : really, I thought he was pissed

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 11:40pm
Chandelier episode the best I think. Granddad is brilliant in that!

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 5:50pm
If I'd to pick my top 10 pleasures in life OFAH would be right up there. It's superb and timeless.
I can't pick a favourite episode, there's brilliant bits in so many different episodes.
What I have come to the conclusion on though is that the latter ones weren't as good as earlier ones. The introduction of Cassandra and racquel, although required to keep a storyline, took away some of the 1 on 1 dialogue between the 2 boys.
Still brilliant, love it!

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 8:02pm
No Raquel then no Damian !!!

Posted By: depechemode
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 8:56pm
Dunno Raquel was needed and she appeared in some great episodes

crying or cying for one

Damien was useless and just an add-on

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 9:33pm
It was the affect Damian had on Rodders.

Posted By: ontheball
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 9:38pm
I love it.  Watching it on Gold now, one episode just over, another about to start.  Costs an extra €2 per month for it on my SKY package.  Think I'd get rid of Sky Sports channels before Gold even if same price.

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 7:13pm
cwying episode on now on GOLD.

But 9pm had THE greatest piece of television ever with the trip to margate/jolly boys outing.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 10:05pm

But 9pm had THE greatest piece of television ever with the trip to margate/jolly boys outing.

Jolly Boys to Margate is simply outstanding

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 10:21pm
Top top programming.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Jolly Boys to Margate is simply outstanding

I seen a documentary on that episode, they spent 3 weeks there, drinking every night. 

-------------

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 9:37pm
I love the one with the chandler, it's so simple but so well executed makes me laugh everytime

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Posted By: Guest
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 9:47pm
Wish there was more Trigger. The batman episode is still the best

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

I love the one with the chandler, it's so simple but so well executed makes me laugh everytime

You are mixing it up with a show called Friends

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Bitored
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

You are mixing it up with a show called Friends

I couldn't do that, there's no comparison between the two! I meant chandelier

-------------
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 10:01pm
One show I really need to watch from the start as have only watched episodes here and there but when I do actually sit down and watch one it has me in stitches.
One episode I remember del boy is at the dentist and she says "will just be a second" del boy says "I have to go, my brother is waiting" she says "just a little prick" and he goes "oh you know him then". f**king hilarious. Must download them from the start and make the time.

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

One show I really need to watch from the start as have only watched episodes here and there but when I do actually sit down and watch one it has me in stitches.
One episode I remember del boy is at the dentist and she says "will just be a second" del boy says "I have to go, my brother is waiting" she says "just a little prick" and he goes "oh you know him then". f**king hilarious. Must download them from the start and make the time.

be well worth it i imagine, truly a brilliant show that still makes me laugh today

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 10:48pm
The Jolly Boys Outing will always stand out for me.

Probably my second favourite episode would be the one where they sell water from the tap and pretend its a spring at their allotment LOL 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 10:48pm
I miss jackthelad on here Cry

A fellow Fools and Horses nut like myself. 

Even when you know the storylines, the timing of the punchlines, acting, the atmosphere is always spot on.

It's as near to perfection as it can possibly be.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 11:32pm
The christmas (1981?) episode where they go down the west end to a niteclub and del chats up a couple of birds.  Tells Rodney ''drink up we're leaving! Rodney replies: 'Oh nice one Del. Are they a couple of ravers?''
..''No they're a couple of geezers''LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 11:35pm
Must have watched every episode 50 times.

Chateau neuf du pape.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 10:34am
Watched the 'jolly boys outing ' again last night, absolute genius.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 1:40pm
There's a load of stuff that's blocked these days. One example is Rodney saying 'The Paki short changed me'. There's a good few words and phrases that they've blocked.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 1:49pm
Loads of full episodes on youtube. Currently watching "Yuppy love" with the famous bar scene.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: londonirish
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 1:53pm
Del. "Magic ain't they? The old irish tumble-dryer"...

Still to this day i laugh every time i see a cement mixer.

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 2:24pm

There's a load of stuff that's blocked these days. One example is Rodney saying 'The Paki short changed me'. There's a good few words and phrases that they've blocked.

and rightly so.

https://youtu.be/99s19HBs-6A" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/99s19HBs-6A

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 4:45pm

[QUOTE=corkery]

and rightly so.

https://youtu.be/99s19HBs-6A%5b/QUOTE" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/99s19HBs-6A[/QUOTE ]

Here comes the PC brigade.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 4:48pm

[QUOTE=corkery]

and rightly so.

https://youtu.be/99s19HBs-6A%5b/QUOTE" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/99s19HBs-6A[/QUOTE ]

Here comes the PC brigade.

Something I have only ever heard from racists. You are better than that kid

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 11:15pm
First two seasons have landed on Netflix

"What about you Rodney what do you prefer? Grass or astro turf?"
"Dunno, never smoked astro turf"

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net