Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 467468469470471 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 9:12pm
Zinchenko to Arsenal a done deal
£30m fee upfront 
Great business by City considering he was signed as a midfielder for £1.5m a few years ago 

He was a useful squad player all the same 

Zinchenko Sterling Jesus and Fernandinho away now

Would expect a few more in to add to Haaland, Alvarez and Phillips 
Cucurella surely will be one 
Sponsored Links

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 11:34pm
yeah you’d think cucurella was a done deal with zinchenko going....good bit of business done by the club transfers wise I think.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 4:35pm
Looks like the no. 1 left back target for the summer has been missed. Cucurella in advanced talks with Chelsea now who are prepared to pay the £50m asking price. 

City are strange at times. Will happily pay £100m for Grealish who wasn't a priority position, yet were in pole position to sign Cucurella all summer if they met the £50m asking price and wouldn't budge on their valuation. 

I'm not so sure this window has been good so far. A lot of squad depth has been lost. 

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 12:13am
wouldn’t surprise me cucurella was a smoke screen for city’s real choice left back...like the dias (koulibaly)deal.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 7:43pm
Is Alvarez the new striker good?
It would damage this forums' reputation
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Are you picking your fantasy football team 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No, Guardiola is. Wink
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:33pm

Guardiola is a nightmare for Fantasy football fans! Only Haaland will be a guarantee from the front 3.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 12:20am

LOL No. Fantasy Football is for arseholes. "Oh my guy Virge got me 17 points this week". f**k off no one cares 

Anyway, I was just curious about the player. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 10:45am
New season new tactics from Pep. 
Walker and Cancelo both playing in midfield to negate the loss of a body there now they have an out and out striker on the pitch. 
Will be interesting to see how it goes. They smothered West Ham who were barely able to string three passes together in a row. 
Much of the game was played at pedestrian pace with City always in control but not exactly creating much or cutting them open many times. 
Good start to the season considering they have started the last couple quite slowly
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 11:22am

Good start to the season considering they have started the last couple quite slowly

Six very winnable games to come for M.City, then Spurs at the Etihad on 19th September, which could be a cracker - games between those two are notmally pretty good, with Spurs having a decent record.

Will be interesting to see how Conte lines Spurs up; also looking forward to seeing how Haaland and Kane compare on the same pitch.

And although he was only average on Saturday, Romero vs Haaland could be very tasty, too. Thumbs Up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 11:37am
I would say......Kane can drop deep and link the play better, better passer of the ball 
Haaland more explosive, and younger so can improve in all aspects of his game

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 12:15pm
There should be no comparison! Haaland is a level above Kane.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 12:58pm
Kane v Haaland we'll see how the season plays out.

Still think Kane will finish top scorer. 

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 4:17pm

I would say......Kane can drop deep and link the play better, better passer of the ball 
Haaland more explosive, and younger so can improve in all aspects of his game

Agree with all of that, though Kane has improved season-by-season ever since, well, his first season eg passing, left foot, penalty technique, defending at set-pieces etc.

And the fact that unlike, say, Michael Owen, he has never relied on lightening pace means that he can go on improving for as long as he likes (injury permitting).

But yeah, if Haaland is that good at such a young age, its frightening to think how could he could become - the new (Fat) Ronaldo?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

There should be no comparison! Haaland is a level above Kane.

In time, yes.

But not until hes had a couple of seasons in the PL (to tighten him).

When I go to Spurs games, sometimes I find myself just watching Kane, he is such a good player - even when he's not actually on the ball, his movement drags opponents all over the place, while creating space for his teammates.

Hugely intelligent, I wouldn't be surprised if he became a top coach eventually.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 11:46pm

Walker and Cancelo both playing in midfield to negate the loss of a body there now they have an out and out striker on the pitch. 
Will be interesting to see how it goes. They smothered West Ham who were barely able to string three passes together in a row. 
Much of the game was played at pedestrian pace with City always in control but not exactly creating much or cutting them open many times. 

The squad is nowhere near fit at the moment....when they get up to speed and learn how to a get the best out of haaland they could be unstoppable this season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 10:15am
Its not big enough either. 
When they start playing two games a week, with the cup competitions starting it could become stretched unless they make a few more signings. 
4 important squad players left and James McAtee was sent out on loan also with only 3 in so far
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 467468469470471 509>
  Share Topic