Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=38500
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 12:22am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The Man City Thread*******
Posted By: packiesglove
Subject: The Man City Thread*******
Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 8:33pm
i cant believe no special posts regarding city or mancini on this very day, congratulations to both mr. mancini and, most importantly,  Manchester City, on their long awaited day in the limelight. Manchester United ended a similar wait a few years back (city are not alone)

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Replies:
Posted By: Justice 2012
Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 8:38pm
Mercanary scum. One home grown player. Money talks.
Mancini was a great player and lucky manager

Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Justice 2012 Justice 2012 wrote:

Mercanary scum. One home grown player. Money talks.
Mancini was a great player and lucky manager

LOL In the epl aka organic league, that is funny

-------------

Posted By: Emerald
Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 8:46pm
Did their best to mess it up as usual.

Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

Did their best to mess it up as usual.

but, err, won it all the same ? Clap well done city 

-------------

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 8:49pm
I am absolutely thrilled for all of those disgustingly wealthy/overpaid w**kers for beating the other 19 teams of overpaid w**kers this season

Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I am absolutely thrilled for all of those disgustingly wealthy/overpaid w**kers for beating the other 19 teams of overpaid w**kers this season

well said MM, exactly my point, some observers might think manchester united were the wimbledon of the 80's compared to this highly paid, richly assembled, ENSEMBLE ? Big smile

-------------

Posted By: Justice 2012
Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 8:55pm
If everton got 50 million off that arab **** they would be top 4. Another 50 they would be title contenders. Everton are once again the true peoples champions. f**k lescott Judas scum.
Well done michah richards though

Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 9:00pm

If everton got 50 million off that arab **** they would be top 4. Another 50 they would be title contenders. Everton are once again the true peoples champions. f**k lescott Judas scum.

but justice 2012, city aint contenders, they have actually WON the thing, they can do no more Clap

REJOICE Clap

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 10:31am

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: athlonecelt
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 4:33pm
Why is Lescott Judas ?

is he born and raised Everton ? or did he just move to a better team, better wages and better chance of winning something ?
Its horrible buts its true.

That whole Everton team and manager have all left inferior clubs for big payments and  to play at the highest possible level.

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 10:00pm
 Why was Sheikh Mansour not at the game? You'd think after spending over a billion on the club and the area, he would want to get a bit of glory in for a day. I love what he has done with City, its a great club that deserved to pretty much win the lotto but what is he getting out of it personally? What is his long term plan? Is he enjoying the football? does he want to sell the club for a profit? is it a PR campaign for Abu Dhabi?  

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 15 May 2012 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Why was Sheikh Mansour not at the game? You'd think after spending over a billion on the club and the area, he would want to get a bit of glory in for a day. I love what he has done with City, its a great club that deserved to pretty much win the lotto but what is he getting out of it personally? What is his long term plan? Is he enjoying the football? does he want to sell the club for a profit? is it a PR campaign for Abu Dhabi?

They are fooked when the new regulations come in. Under the rules you can't lose more than 38 million over a two year period. City lost over 170 million in last year alone. What they're doing is not sustainable.

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 15 May 2012 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

They are fooked when the new regulations come in. Under the rules you can't lose more than 38 million over a two year period. City lost over 170 million in last year alone. What they're doing is not sustainable.

I have a horrible feeling though, that through creative financial juggling, the likes of City, Real and Chelsea will get aroung the FFP rules. You know, £100m sponsorship deals and the like.

As a business model, it's entirely sustainable if you're using it as an investment to advertise your country etc, and if you have unlimited finances. And lets face it, no matter what rules are put forward, we all know how maleable the bods at the top etchelons of football are.

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 15 May 2012 at 12:37am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

I have a horrible feeling though, that through creative financial juggling, the likes of City, Real and Chelsea will get aroung the FFP rules. You know, £100m sponsorship deals and the like.

As a business model, it's entirely sustainable if you're using it as an investment to advertise your country etc, and if you have unlimited finances. And lets face it, no matter what rules are put forward, we all know how maleable the bods at the top etchelons of football are.

It depends how strictly the rules are enforced. Real would generate a lot more of their own income than City or Chelsea because of their popularity. The idea is to stop billionaires coming in and using clubs as their toy - each club needs to be sustainable as its own entity.

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 15 May 2012 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

It depends how strictly the rules are enforced. Real would generate a lot more of their own income than City or Chelsea because of their popularity. The idea is to stop billionaires coming in and using clubs as their toy - each club needs to be sustainable as its own entity.

Of course, couldn't agree more. I just don't think things will be as straighforward as they could be. When there's those amounts of money involved, there's always going to be underhandedness. Blatter, bin Hammam and Jack Walker etc. aren't exactly straight as arrows. You'd imagine similar would filter down from there in to those taking care of FFP. Then on the other side you have the likes of Abramovich whose wealth wasn't accumulated by breeding bunny rabits and running orphanages. Greased palms, an all...

Edit: Obviously meant Jack Warner and not Jack Walker.Embarrassed

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 2:14pm
Apparently Bobby Manc is on the verge of quitting Man City and becoming the new Russia manager.....well according to some Russian journo on twitter. Shocked

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 2:43pm
Heard that earlier...find it hard to believe.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 2:45pm
find that to be absolute bollicks!

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 2:45pm
Signing a new contract later in the week with City according to ESPN

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 5:49pm
Some Ruski was hoping for a scoop and ended up with egg on his face!!!

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 6:14pm
new contract reportedly signed according to talksport

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:46am
Must be close to being the longest serving City manager in last 20 years or so, good to see the arabs aren't following the Abramovich model of sacking a manager every 6 months.

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 12:44pm
great to see robbie manc sign the 5 year deal....as a city fan for over 25yrs it makes me laugh to see fans of other clubs sl*g us for success,you've got to remember we havent won a league in 44yrs,been down to the old div 2 and came back to the prem league,had donkeys playing for us and had some awful managers plus if ever there was a club to fook things up my jasus we've been there and worn the t-shirt many times over..now we'r finally going some way to knock those shams at utd off there perch and let them no we'r not the laughing stock of the league anymore.and if people are gonna go on about the money.....what way is there to wins leagues.cups etc???name me one club that hasnt bought the league..so heres to robbie mancini and another hopefully trophy full 5 years!!

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Must be close to being the longest serving City manager in last 20 years or so, good to see the arabs aren't following the Abramovich model of sacking a manager every 6 months.

agreed that sacking every few months wont work in long term but not sure about this move. he has no record of success in Europe

if they hadnt have beaten city would he have gotten a five year deal. unlikely. shows how small the margins are!!

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

great to see robbie manc sign the 5 year deal....as a city fan for over 25yrs it makes me laugh to see fans of other clubs sl*g us for success,you've got to remember we havent won a league in 44yrs,been down to the old div 2 and came back to the prem league,had donkeys playing for us and had some awful managers plus if ever there was a club to fook things up my jasus we've been there and worn the t-shirt many times over..now we'r finally going some way to knock those shams at utd off there perch and let them no we'r not the laughing stock of the league anymore.and if people are gonna go on about the money.....what way is there to wins leagues.cups etc???name me one club that hasnt bought the league..so heres to robbie mancini and another hopefully trophy full 5 years!!

i thought myself and Dino Baggio were the only City fans on here

u should post more!

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 9:09pm
Only City thread I can see, but Baggio or anyone what is the craic with Clichy? Why is he not playing for ya's? He played the first game and isnt listed as injured that I can see

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 8:59am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Only City thread I can see, but Baggio or anyone what is the craic with Clichy? Why is he not playing for ya's? He played the first game and isnt listed as injured that I can see

Mancini rotates the full backs, he picked Kolarov for the QPR game.
Before that was Liverpool, were he was toying with that 3-5-2 formation so thats probably why Clichy didn't play there.
A far better defender than Kolarov IMO

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 12:58pm
Cheers, he's gonna have to get dumped from the fantasy.team

-------------

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 2:43pm
        Hart
Maicon Kompany Lescott Clichy
    Toure Garcia
Sinclair Tevez Nasri
        Balotelli

Interesting line up. Lots of changes for a trip Stoke.

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 3:14pm
Peadair Crouch ClapClap

-------------
In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 3:33pm
Javi Garcia

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 5:03pm
Mancini has never won in brittania

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Mancini has never won in brittania

Think Newcastle may have been the only team in the top 6 to win there last season.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 7:40pm
Supposed to be moaning about Stokes goal after the game. Managers should really cut that out

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 9:25am
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Supposed to be moaning about Stokes goal after the game. Managers should really cut that out
Aye not many managers would have complained about a goal like that against their side Confused

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 7:00pm

Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Aye not many managers would have complained about a goal like that against their side Confused
No they all do it Baggio,but thats my point.Get over it. sh*t happens in football

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 7:07pm
i seem to remember a similar goal to that, it is etched onto my memory Angry

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 12:09pm
he had talks with monaco towards the end of last season in relation to becoming their next coach. talks lasted for over 3 months. I reckon he'll be lucky to see 2013 with City. 

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

he had talks with monaco towards the end of last season in relation to becoming their next coach. talks lasted for over 3 months. I reckon he'll be lucky to see 2013 with City. 

+  1 The ultimate goal for the Sheiks has to be to  win  the  CL and he  just cant seem to do it in Europe,i  can see  them finishing in the top 2 this season,but Europe could be gone as early as next week.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 1:25pm

City brought this new director of football in a former Barcelona director, and the CEO is a former Barca man. Their new academy is a multi million pound model of Barcelonas as well!

The writing could be on the wall for Mancini with these changes and Guardiola available.

He deserves the chance to defend the title he won.

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 2:12pm
true roberto.........he's done a massive job for city that real city fans are thankful for.now with marwood moved to look after the kids(and hopefully moved out after that)and begiristain in place i have to admit things dont look good for robbie.ive no doubt he'll get to see the season out but if he doesn't win the league i think he's gone and guardiola will get the job.the monaco thing i wouldn't take much note of.....the minute theres a bit of pressure on roberto this comes out....just a bit of sturring from manchester hacks.

-------------

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 2:19pm

Monaco are cat the last few years but it be some place to live like.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Monaco are cat the last few years but it be some place to live like.

Monaco have a Russian Billionaire over them though €€€€

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 2:25pm
man city have a arab billionaire over them$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 2:26pm

true roberto.........he's done a massive job for city that real city fans are thankful for.now with marwood moved to look after the kids(and hopefully moved out after that)and begiristain in place i have to admit things dont look good for robbie.ive no doubt he'll get to see the season out but if he doesn't win the league i think he's gone and guardiola will get the job.the monaco thing i wouldn't take much note of.....the minute theres a bit of pressure on roberto this comes out....just a bit of sturring from manchester hacks.

City fans becoming a bit spoilt Juicebomb?
Alright the massive money has been pumped in, but things like empty seats at Champions League games and last years Carling Cup Semi against Liverpool when the stadium was only half full are a bit disappointing. Since when were we able to look down our noses at a cup semi final?

i would say a high majority of fans want Mancini to stay long term

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 2:37pm
hard to say RB.....i think the empty seats can be put down to we'r just playing so many games now people can't afford to get to all the games and are saving themselves for the PL games.i do be on the bluemoon forum and in fairness any blue that goes on and is putting the boot into mancini or if we play poor and win is soon shot down and told to remember the dark old days.i do think the players we brought in this year where poor and that some of the current squad have lost some of that hunger we had last year and unfortunatley i think mancini will get the blame for that.......but i really hope we hang onto him for awhile yet.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 2:42pm

hard to say RB.....i think the empty seats can be put down to we'r just playing so many games now people can't afford to get to all the games and are saving themselves for the PL games.i do be on the bluemoon forum and in fairness any blue that goes on and is putting the boot into mancini or if we play poor and win is soon shot down and told to remember the dark old days.i do think the players we brought in this year where poor and that some of the current squad have lost some of that hunger we had last year and unfortunatley i think mancini will get the blame for that.......but i really hope we hang onto him for awhile yet.

Summer signings were disappointing - and that includes Javi Garcia in my opinion so far. Hopefully he'll improve.
Sinclair and Rodwell will never be good enough. Maicon could be an asset in the league, had a rough time against Ronaldo and has been injured ever since, but i think he'll add a bit going forward, should maybe be rested for the Spurs game though!

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 2:46pm

Summer signings were disappointing - and that includes Javi Garcia in my opinion so far. Hopefully he'll improve.
Sinclair and Rodwell will never be good enough. Maicon could be an asset in the league, had a rough time against Ronaldo and has been injured ever since, but i think he'll add a bit going forward, should maybe be rested for the Spurs game though!

They were strange signings tbh , fair enough being young and English helps the home-grown quota but i never felt either were top 4 material. Nastasic has potential , but a loan move to gain further experience was needed there imo , not being thrown in the deep end at a club like City. City have yet to see best of Garcia , he will in time become a very important player for the club but i feel he just needs more time. Maicon is probably past his best , but he's still a very shrud signing imo!

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 2:48pm
Forgot sbout Nastasic, still very young, we've seen good and bad from him

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 2:51pm
think garcia will be ok.....he done well v stoke but wasnt great in the next 2 game,but i'll put that down to just getting use to the pace of the league.couldnt see the point in getting sinclair while we had johnston who was a fair better player in my eyes.sinclair is ment to be bagging some bird of corination street so take what you will from that.rodwell.....well he's young,i think barry could be gone next season and he's been seen as some sort of replacement.what does my head in is why go out and spend 40 million on 4 average players when all we needed to do was spend 40 million on two quality ones,you really have to wonder the role that marwood played in those signings.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 2:54pm
well anthing was better than savic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!see that pontilimon is shouting his mouth off that he wants a move....good riddance....we need to clear the couple of charlies out of the club before they become a cancer in the squad.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 3:05pm

City brought this new director of football in a former Barcelona director, and the CEO is a former Barca man. Their new academy is a multi million pound model of Barcelonas as well!

The writing could be on the wall for Mancini with these changes and Guardiola available.

He deserves the chance to defend the title he won.

Been in advanced talks with Bayern for a few months now as Luca Toni let it slip a few weeks back 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 5:34pm
Nastasic was very good last night, good composure for a 19 yr old
Dzeko was abysmal I thought, first touch sh*te and poor link up play. Strange that he wasn't taken off, should b used as a supersub

Yaya, Aguero, Balotelli and Kompany not having great seasons

Posted By: kopkid
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 6:30pm

Nastasic was very good last night, good composure for a 19 yr old
Dzeko was abysmal I thought, first touch sh*te and poor link up play. Strange that he wasn't taken off, should b used as a supersub

Yaya, Aguero, Balotelli and Kompany not having great seasons

Not d monster he was last season

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 9:43am
Agree with a lot of what Hansen says here in his article. Only thing i dont like is his constant obsession of Balotelli, hardly out of the ordinary what he did on Saturday when subbed. Would be more worried if he didnt care about being taken off -

Manchester City will need the mother of all comebacks to revive their Champions League ambitions this season -- a miracle to eclipse Chelsea's efforts last term.

Frankly, I don't think they're playing well enough to achieve it. If their disappointing first season in Europe's premier competition was understandable as they readjusted to a superior tournament, there is no excuse for the poor showing this time.

Yes, they have had a tough draw for two consecutive years -- how they would have craved the 'gimme' of Manchester United's group -- but City have only themselves to blame for not stepping up a level having won the Premier League.

None of their summer signings has had any impact, the system is changing from one week to the next, to the point where the players look confused, and here we are again talking about Mario Balotelli spitting his dummy out after being substituted at West Ham. How can these issues have failed to be addressed last summer?

Losing to Real Madrid in the final stages at the Bernabeu was avoidable; they should have been hammered at home by Borussia Dortmund despite sneaking a draw, and the loss to Ajax was nothing short of a capitulation.

For a side still unbeaten in the Premier League, it is frightening how short of quality City have looked in Europe, bereft of confidence and the necessary expertise to pose a threat to the elite sides. It should not be like this at the Etihad Stadium.

The time for learning should be long gone and the place should still be buzzing after the first title in 48 years, the winning goal by Sergio Aguero the platform for a generation of dominance at home and abroad.

I understand the argument about such circumstances not developing overnight, but there is no reason for City not to be more competitive in Europe.

They already had the spine of their team in place and the resources to improve it, so to have wasted money on players who don't make the first choice line-up is inexplicable. Last summer already has the look of a missed opportunity, and that failure in the transfer market has been exposed much more in Europe.

Instead of riding the crest of a wave of positivity, everything you hear coming out of the club is negative, and it begins with the manager.

The next time Mancini (below) hears a rival club are interested in his services, he should pause for thought and ask himself if he will ever have a better job than he has right now. I'd suggest there is no football job in the world more attractive than being manager of Manchester City.

The suggestion he spent the summer talking to any clubs -- the idea of leaving City for Monaco is bewildering -- sends a horrific message to players and supporters.

Difficult

It's extremely difficult for a manager to make his players believe in him and his methods if they see him as someone who was willing to walk away a few weeks after their greatest triumph.

In the four or five weeks after Aguero's winner against QPR, Mancini should have been strategically planning how to add players of the calibre of Vincent Kompany and Yaya Toure. Instead, if the reports are to be believed, he was talking to another club.

There are still doubts about Mancini, particularly in Europe. His former club, Inter Milan, only won the Champions League after he left, despite his domestic dominance in Italy.

If he left City tomorrow, he would undoubtedly do so as big a legend as he was at the San Siro, the man who brought a championship drought to an end. Regardless of the circumstances, he deserves credit for that and his place in City folklore is secure.

But whether he has signed a long-term contract or not, Mancini must prove he has the ability to make progress quickly in Europe or I suspect City will start looking for someone they believe can. (© Daily Telegraph, London)

- Alan Hansen

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 11:24am
Not a bad article but Hansen is wrong when he said mancini was talking to monaco after they won the title. Therefore his assertion that mancini should have been planning for the upcoming season is also incorrect - he was. Winning the title convinced him to stay.

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 11:26am

Good point actually, i thought the Monaco links were only after Arsenal beat City at Easter and they were 8 points behind and Mancini looked destined for the sack

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 11:29am

Good point actually, i thought the Monaco links were only after Arsenal beat City at Easter and they were 8 points behind and Mancini looked destined for the sack

Exactly. Mancini informed Monaco immediately after City won the title that he was not taking the job. Poor journalism from Hansen and his editor.

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 11:33am
Plus Hansen hasn't taken into account the politics at board level which led to the tightening of purse strings.

If Mancini had his way there would have been a few more big money signings.

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 11:34am

Aguero and Tevez need to start up front everygame. Balotelli needs to be pushed out

Toure looks like he is carrying an injury the past 6 weeks

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 11:38am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Aguero and Tevez need to start up front everygame. Balotelli needs to be pushed out

Ive always noticed Toure walks as if he's limping.

Balotelli has been playing well enough, link up play etc good just not scoring the goals. He was brilliant at West Brom but was taken off as he was close to being sent off.

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 11:40am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Fully agree. Aguero and Tevez are an incredible partnership with supersub Dzeko.

As much as I like Balotelli he is not a team player and doesn't score enough (ok he is a sub a lot of the time).

Something not quite right either in the squad. A lot of players like company not on form. However it still shows the quality of the team when they are just a couple of points off united.

They seem to be like United of old....I.e. start off the season sluggish and come into form in the second half of the season. I can see Chelsea tailing off and this being a two horse race again.

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 11:42am
last 4-5 games, he is barely able to move after 60 minutes.
Would not be surprised if he goes for surgery around ANC time

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 1:39pm
its not helping ya ya that we'r playing a different system each game.....last year it was grand,we had two up top and if one wasnt playing well they came off and we let ya ya burst from the midfield.against west ham it looked as if he didnt know what to do...he never really got forward and now seems to be lying just in front of the the center halfs taken the ball and playing side way passes,a waste.true...tevez and aguero should be starting up top all the time together,dzeko and mario have had there chance in starting and havent taken it,it wouldnt bother me at all to see either go,ok maybe hang onto dzeko but mario has really done little for the club/team..we have a good couple of young strikers coming up and they should be given a chance.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 9:23am

Roberto Mancini believes Virgin Mary may have answered his prayers as title swung Blues’ way on religious feast day

Stuart Brennan

November 15, 2012

Roberto Mancini claims that when http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/squad/99" rel="nofollow - Sergio Aguero miraculously won the Premier League title, he got an assist from the Virgin Mary!

The City boss has revealed how he feels a pilgrimage he took to a holy shrine in Bosnia-Herzegovina at the height of the title run-in may have turned the tide back in the Blues’ favour.

And his belief is backed up by a strange set of circumstances which followed from his trip to the town of Medjugorje in March, just as United had seized the initiative at the top of the table.

City had started to wobble in the race and lost top spot just as Mancini, along with wife Federica and daughter Camilla, took a two-day break and flew to the Balkans.

At the time of his visit, devout Catholic Mancini denied that he was seeking divine help for the Blues, saying: “I think The Lord and Our Lady have more important things to worry about than, say, my career.”

But one purpose for the visit was to seek mental and spiritual renewal, and that worked, said Mancini at the time: “Millions of people come here, and I will come again. I believe more and more that Medjugorje will change the world for the better. When a man comes here, he returns different, better.”

During his brief visit, Mancini visited Vicka Ivankovic-Mijatovic, one of six people in the town who claimed to have begun having visitations from the Virgin Mary in 1981.

He revealed that he had a vivid dream about meeting Vicka ahead of his trip, saying: “I was in a room with some people, and the visionary Vicka was with me.

“At a certain point she smiled at me, looking straight into my eyes, so that I tried to see if she was looking at someone else. But, suddenly, she moved towards me so that, at that point, I had no doubts anymore.

“She came towards me, she got near, once again she was looking straight into my eyes. Then she kissed me on my forehead. I explicitly felt the sensation of a physical contact with someone I had never met in my life before.”

Vicka prayed over Mancini, who was an altar boy as a child in Italy, when he went to her home as part of the visit.

While Mancini returned refreshed from his pilgrimage, his team’s fortunes continued to slump. The title slipped further away from City in the next fortnight, and by Easter Sunday they were eight points behind with six games to play.

Then came the turning point. After giving themselves some hope by beating West Brom on the same night as United lost at Wigan, the Blues then received a huge boost when the Reds lost a 4-2 lead against Everton at Old Trafford.

Two of the Everton goals that day were scored by Nikica Jelavic – who was born just five miles from Medjugorje, in the Croatian town of Caplijna.

The story, relayed in a new book by Italian author Paolo Brosio, goes that Mancini bumped into Jelavic in a restaurant two days before Everton’s game at Old Trafford.

He left him with the salutation: “Take care, you have to score goals.”

Jelavic duly delivered, opening the scoring at United and then grabbing the vital third before Marouane Fellaini’s scored a dramatic late equaliser which put the title back in City’s own hands again.

The Blues continued to win, including the derby victory at the Etihad Stadium, and set up that incredible final day of the season, May 13.

Mancini claims that day was also significant, as it is the Feast Day of Our Lady of Fatima, which celebrates one of the more famous alleged visitations by the Virgin Mary, to three children in Portugal.

City appeared to be out of it until substitute http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/squad/90" rel="nofollow - Edin Dzeko – headed in an equaliser, before Aguero grabbed that remarkable late winner to snatch the trophy from the grasp of the Reds.

Mancini says in the bookhe has pondered whether the Virgin Mary may have answered his prayers many times, and he feels City may have got divine help.

Asked whether heaven had intervened, Mancini replied: “I thought and still think so.  When I think about it, I wonder how it was possible, because I think that in Heaven they have other problems to solve.

“However, when I pray, I understand that something impossible became possible on that day – May 13, the Feast Day of Fatima, the anniversary of the apparitions in Portugal.”

City have been linked with a dramatic £40m move for Luis Suarez in the January transfer window.

Blues boss Mancini is keen to bolster his squad and is thought to be mulling over a bid for the Liverpool and Uruguayan striker.

The Italian is also tracking Atletico Madrid star Radamel Falcao who has  a £48m release clause in his contract.

But the Colombian superstar is understood to prefer a potential move to Chelsea.

As a result, Mancini may be tempted to switch his sights to Suarez, though whether Liverpool would be open to a deal is highly debatable.

Suarez only signed a new fourcontract in August but City could easily improve on his £120,000 a week salary.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 10:26am
Hart really does make some terrible blunders
Nowhere near world class IMO

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 10:27am
I wonder when the skysports love in with joe hart will stop

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 10:28am
Dont remember Given making so many blunders in his time at City

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 10:30am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Hart really does make some terrible blunders
Nowhere near world class IMO

He's not in the top 3-5 keepers in the world like the English media would have you believe.

Well over-hyped, does make several mistakes that are usually glossed over by pundits, all keepers make mistakes though, Hart is still performing when it matters - Dortmund and Swansea at home recently for example would have been defeats but for him.

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 1:32pm
you for real baggio!!!!!!!!!!!!!over hyped!!!!!!!i can think of 4/5 games off the top of my head from last season where he's pulled off saves to get us a point or to win us games let alone get onto the topic of how he's keeping us in games this year.he was poor for the goal v spurs but it was point blank...as a city fan i couldnt give two f**ks how he plays for england because for city he's been a rock and a far better keeper than given in my opinion....to say he's not in the top 5 keepers in the world is silly also,the bloke is 25 and he hasnt even peaked,already a city legend!!!

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 1:42pm
Mancini just been sacked

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Mancini just been sacked

serious?
source?

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 1:49pm
Mancini sacked and Brendan gleesons son was brilliant in love hate the other night

-------------

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 1:52pm
Rumours are Mark Hughes is in line to take over

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Mancini just been sacked

eejit LOL

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 3:10pm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/16/roberto-mancini-david-platt-mask" rel="nofollow - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/16/roberto-mancini-david-platt-mask ?

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 5:21pm
A full blown crisis?”
Posted on http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/index.php/2012/11/22/a-full-blown-crisis/" rel="nofollow - by http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/index.php/author/citykev28/" rel="nofollow - Kevin Henning

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/index.php/2011/09/13/the-house-roberto-built/mancini/" rel="nofollow"> And now it’s a full blown crisis. Manchester City, Champions of England, top of the Premier League, the only unbeaten professional side in the country, the best defensive record in the league have been knocked out of arguably the trickiest ever Champions League ‘Group of Death’.

In this morning’s papers, on the radio and on Sky Sports News, journalists who really should know better are pondering and probing as to whether the other Roberto will follow Di Matteo in the managerial sack race. Even Jose Mourinho, the man who had the audacity to refer to Arsene Wenger as a voyeur yet simply cannot resist poking his unwanted nose into other clubs’ business, has hinted that he believes Mancini should be given the bullet. Fortunately for everyone associated with Manchester City Football Club, the man who came from Italy is fully aware that in the eyes of the supporters, he is still the man to drive this club forwards after a huge show of support whilst Mourinho stalked up and down the touchline wondering why he isn’t shown the same level of love in Madrid.

In all honesty, it is a disappointment that City haven’t progressed beyond the group stage for a second consecutive year. That the club will probably finish without a win from this campaign and therefore will have the lowest points haul from any English side in Champions League history will hurt but let’s look at the positives and the ways in which City can improve the next time the Champions League rolls around and try to make it third time lucky.

In the two seasons so far, City will have played a dozen matches after the meaningless trip to Dortmund next month. In that time, City have only played Spanish, Italian, German and Dutch opposition. We’ve never been drawn against an FC Cluj, a BATE Borisov nor a Dynamo Zagreb. Should we complete Group D without a win, we’ll still have won a quarter of the twelve matches we have played so far. We’re still unbeaten on home soil. The mistakes that have resulted in dropped points at the Bernabeu, the Amsterdam Arena as well as the Etihad Stadium surely can’t be repeated too many more times. The match officials that have robbed us of crucial desicions against Bayern Munich last season and Ajax this may finally accept that we are amongst the European elite, aren’t going away and begin to treat us as such.

What we need to learn is not to give home sides an early lead in front of partisan crowds. This gives both the home team and the fanatics in attendance an enormous lift and we have often failed to recover once a goal down. City also need to consider the surge in confidence they would recieve from going in front during home matches. Napoli, Villareal, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax and Real Madrid have all benefitted from City’s sluggish starts in Manchester but in each of these games, Mancini’s men have recovered to gain at least a point. Five out of six games at home in other words where the visitors have drawn first blood. These are statistics that need to be changed if we are to enjoy the competition that would rather see two thousand loyal supporters locked out of a stadium each matchday, than trim a few inches from the advetising boards.

The final lesson that City need to take on board is a controversial one. Time and time again last night we saw Madrid players cut the flow of the game up by falling down, thus stopping the quest for a winner in full flow only to spring back to their feet untroubled and carry on with the game. Do City need to go in front and then play clever? Maybe. As the game approached injury time last night, one wisened chap sat a few seats away in the South Stand beautifully noted Pepe rolling around on the floor and announced to anyone who cared to listen – “That’s the one thing we need to learn from this year’s Champions League. Some call it gamesmanship, some call it professionalism, some call it a lack of sportsmanship – I refer to it as f**king cheating but there’s no doubt we have to become good at it.”

Of course City need to learn and move on and a third season of early exits would be a tremendous blow, but if the sky blues can kick on and successfully defend their Premier League crown then all will be well again in Mancini’s garden.

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 6:35pm
The above article is the biggest load of tripe I've ever read. That was actually a painful 2 minutes reading.

The facts are Mancini is not good enough to make a mark at Champions League level.
Man Citys squad {despite being the most expensively assembled team in the history of sport} are nowhere near challenging at Champions League level.
There is a massive amount of rubbish in that City squad, brought in by Mancini.

I have said it before, City will never make a mark in Europe - they have a small club mentality. They have pay cheque players.
They have embarrassed themselves 2 years in a row now in Europe, barely mustering a bit of spirit in either campaign. If i was a City fan, I would be appalled by their European performances!! 

Can I ask any City fans on here, how and why are they not appalled by these performances?

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 6:44pm

willing to give it time. Of course we're disappointed by the euro performances but his job shouldn't be at risk

where you the one last week saying City wont be in the champions league much in the next 10 years anyway?

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 6:52pm
In fairness to City, they had an absolute Horrible Coont of a group, i think if they had Arsenal or Utds group they would still be in it,Mancini will get it right, it took Fergie a while to get the hang of Europe, but whats impressive is that it hasnt seemed to affect City in the prem,it shouldnt considering the big star studded squad they have , Crisis Confused ,they will finish in the top 2 this season.

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 6:52pm
Baggio where was that article from?

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 7:03pm
Some fans site
quite one sided but raises some good points i thought

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 8:37pm
Didn't win one game

Pathetic European campaign no matter how you look at it

-------------

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 8:44pm
City's CL performances have been utter sh*te, they picked it up a bit 2nd half last night but if Real had taken their chances first half the match was over but what's wrong with rolling up the sleeves more in the other matches to date?   Celtic proved that if you're well set up and show a bit of spirit, fight and togetherness you can achieve things, City showed none of that this campaign. 

Too many fookers not arsed when they're not playing the pins they knock over in the Premier League most weeks.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 8:51pm
That toure lad is seriously talented

He's a lazy fooker though

Doesn't cover nearly enough ground and doesn't looked arsed defending

The likes of Dortmund haven't got far superior players- they are a hard working team though

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 8:54pm
Dortmund are the perfect definition of a 'team'
could go all the way

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

City's CL performances have been utter sh*te, they picked it up a bit 2nd half last night but if Real had taken their chances first half the match was over but what's wrong with rolling up the sleeves more in the other matches to date?   Celtic proved that if you're well set up and show a bit of spirit, fight and togetherness you can achieve things, City showed none of that this campaign. 

Too many fookers not arsed when they're not playing the pins they knock over in the Premier League most weeks.

Absolutely spot on with regards to Citys performance in Europe. They haven't put any real effort into these games, which is disgraceful. Surely the first thing supporters would want of their players is honesty of effort - If I was a City fan I'd be raging over their European efforts {or lack of!!}

Also, FW hit the nail on the head regards the EPL, Man City play utter dross most weeks domestically. Considering they are the most expensive squad on the planet with probably the highest wage bill, they should really be hammering the norwich and southampton teams of this world.

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 9:27pm
Europe has been disappointing

as for the league comments, dross or not they can only beat wats out there, they did that last season and at this moment in time 19 other clubs would like to b on their position in the EPL

plenty of fellas like moleman about these days who won't give city an ounce of credit.

Chelsea spent 90m in the summer alone, highest spenders, look at the state they're in now.
United spent over 60m two summers ago, won f**k all and flopped in Europe, went out in summer and snapped up the leagues best player for 24m and give him 240k a week, yet it's only big bad city that are ruining the game with their 'pay cheque players'

I've seen worse crises no harm to ya!

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 9:42pm
I think you are taking what I'm saying in the wrong way RB. I'm not trying to say City are a big ba club who are ruining the game by buying every decent player available!!!

Man United have been buying the best players for donkeys years, Chelsea have spent a fortune in the past 10 years buying players.

Man United and Chelsea have had huge success while doing this. Before last season, I think United made the knockout stage of the champions league for the last 15 seasons. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I'd say chelsea have made the knockout stages for the last 10 seasons. Arsenal have been there for about 10+ seasons also!!

Man City have invested hugely, yet in Europe they are a joke. They have gone out with an absolute whimper 2 years in a row. If Ferguson or Wenger {2 managers who people would look at as close to unsackable} were knocked out 2 years in a row, I'd be pretty sure they'd be moved along or move upstairs not long afterwards.

As I said recently, Man City need to be challenging for the big prizes while the going is good for them, because in a few years time I reckon the club will be a mi table EPL club at best again.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 9:51pm
Good point regards Fergie and Wenger actually

last paragraph ridiculous

Posted By: ODCO
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 9:56pm
Apart from Joe Hart and Mika Richards none of the other players care about the club and fans. Very few bandwagoner fans in fairness apart from Baggio the Celtic fan. Mancini is also a **** and so are the people running the club. mercanaries all but unfortunately unless Oil becomes free they are here to stay. No class that mancini lad may i just add. cheersThumbs Up

-------------
Bleeding Trisha Always on me Bleeding Case

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 10:04pm
I'm a bandwagoner? You'd know

How did they come from 8 points back at Easter to win the league if none of them care?
Imagine roles had been reversed last season, united wud b hailed as having the greatest team spirit and ethics known to man, City wud b being labelled the biggest chokers ever

Posted By: Smartalex
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 10:05pm
mancini sounds like he doesnt give 2 sh*tes what happens to him

not surprising considering the massive pay off he will get if hes sacked

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 3:07pm
ODCO wheres your source that other than hart and richards the other players care nothing about the club??????do you watch city week in week out or just the champions league games then come on here to stick the boot in and as for mancini having no class...i couldnt care less if he has no class he guided the team to its 1st league in 44 years along with the fa cup,charity shield and is unbeaten this season(and at home in 36 league games)and sit top of the table at the moment......yet you and people on here pan the bloke out of it cos city havent got to the semis or later stages of the CL.i agree the performances in CL have been poor but we havent progress enough to compete in CL yet,alright we should be taking teams like ajax to the cleaners but utd went out to many poor sides over the years braga etc as have arsenal and neither of those teams ever had a group both years as hard as city had.i think winning the CL is beyond us maybe for a few years as its like winning another PL while your playing in the PL but much harder if you get my drift but maybe mancicnis achilleels heels is the CL but he certainly wouldnt be alone in that company as wenger,ferguson(on the number of years it took to win it)and many chelsea managers can test to!!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 3:11pm

ODCO wheres your source that other than hart and richards the other players care nothing about the club??????

Or your source that im a bandwagoner City fan?

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2012 at 12:54pm
i never said that you where a city bandwagoner fan ROERTO BAGGIO????????

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 1:13am
Aye I was talking about ODCO (thon justice idiot)

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 12:41pm
lol no prob RB!!!!!how do you think today will go v chelsea|???????draw all over it me thinks.....

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 3:20pm
I'd take a draw, just seen the lineup and not very confident, kolarov against hazard is nightmare material
can't understand Dzeko starting, brutal in midweek, he's a supersub and that's it

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net