You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 449450451452453 509>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:19pm
Jack Grealish scores to make it 4-2 to City.

When is the last time someone who's played for IRL at any level has scored in this competition? McGeady or Keane probably?

I know Stokes and Sheridan have played in it since but neither of them ever scored.
Sponsored Links

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

When is the last time someone who's played for IRL at any level has scored in this competition? McGeady or Keane probably?

I know Stokes and Sheridan have played in it since but neither of them ever scored.
That'd be Grealish
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:45pm
Fourth home game in a row that city score 5

The others were 5-0 though
Some poor defending here

Oh there’s a 6th 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

That'd be Grealish

I believe it was Darren Gibson in the 1/2 final in 2011 v Schalke

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 10:00am
Can’t work out how that Walker challenge was totally overturned yesterday 
Maybe not a red but can’t see how it isn’t a penalty 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Can’t work out how that Walker challenge was totally overturned yesterday 
Maybe not a red but can’t see how it isn’t a penalty 

Walker never touched the player or ball...the opposition player took him out.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 11:12pm
Looked like a clumsy tackle from behind that made contact with Armstrong to me.

Anyway, two more dropped points, the way the other teams are playing not many more can be dropped
Could easily be 9 off the top after the next two league games 
Chelsea away and Liverpol away, with PSG away in between 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Looked like a clumsy tackle from behind that made contact with Armstrong to me.

Anyway, two more dropped points, the way the other teams are playing not many more can be dropped
Could easily be 9 off the top after the next two league games 
Chelsea away and Liverpol away, with PSG away in between 

Southampton have been a sticky team for city over the last 2/3 seasons.....hard to believe city were 1/9 to win the game yesterday.

Yeah a hard run of games ahead alright,ones were I really think we’re gonna miss having top quality center forward.I’m also fearful of what lukaku could do to our center half’s.....I’d gladly take a draw for the Chelsea and pool games.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
SteoC View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:50am
Pep is a great coach but he is such a downer of a personality. 
Also, with Man City spending money earned by their owners and not money generated by the success of the club it means any trophies they win, nobody really gives a f**k, do they? It almost seems insignificant when they win the league, doesn't it? As if nobody gives a sh*t. Even if they win the Champions League, like if PSG do, and like when Chelsea do, who's going to care? And what will it even mean? 
I know loads of Man City fans and they preferred the good old days. Even Noel Gallagher has said the same thing. Winning with a state owned club is kinda superfluous. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 8:02am
Originally posted by SteoC SteoC wrote:

Pep is a great coach but he is such a downer of a personality. 
Also, with Man City spending money earned by their owners and not money generated by the success of the club it means any trophies they win, nobody really gives a f**k, do they? It almost seems insignificant when they win the league, doesn't it? As if nobody gives a sh*t. Even if they win the Champions League, like if PSG do, and like when Chelsea do, who's going to care? And what will it even mean? 
I know loads of Man City fans and they preferred the good old days. Even Noel Gallagher has said the same thing. Winning with a state owned club is kinda superfluous. 

Seems you do 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 1:07pm
City were excellent yesterday against a strong Chelsea team. Should have won by 2 or 3. Just wonder will the absence of an out and out striker cost them at some stage. Mind you if they had a lewandoski up front the rest of the league may pack up and go home.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 9:20am
Pep at Anfield Sunday he's been absolutely clueless in any game here with a crowd any reason to think Sunday will be any different ? Cant see it myself 
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 11:13am
If he plays Sterling I will be shocked! Never handles the pressure of Anfield.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 11:31am
He can't play Sterling. He's not been playing well at all the past 6/7 months at City, strange as his England form in that time has been the opposite. 

I'd expect something similar to the team that played Chelsea to start this one

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Pep at Anfield Sunday he's been absolutely clueless in any game here with a crowd any reason to think Sunday will be any different ? Cant see it myself 
YEah can only see one result too. TAA out is a loss for Liverpool going forward, but I assume Milner will deputise there and do a perfect job. 

City's front players been all over the shop so far this season. I presume he'll go with a false 9 for this, probably KDB. Grealish and Jesus on either side. Silva and Rodri in midfield with one other. Not sure it'll be Foden given the game, maybe a more defensive player.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 6:30pm
still no win in Anfield with crowds , Pep really can not handle it there 
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

still no win in Anfield with crowds , Pep really can not handle it there 

Aye you were right, he was clueless again today LOL

One win in their last 8 games against City now for Liverpool

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 03 Oct 2021 at 8:28pm
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 9:01pm
absolutely clueless and afraid to win the game , still has not beat Liverpool ah Anfield since he took over except the covid game with no fans , high pressure game Pep just can’t get over the line and it’s why he can’t win the CL without Messi .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 449450451452453 509>
  Share Topic