Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 424425426427428 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 11:26am
Well I was trying to point out that they got 100 points with Zinchenko and Delph playing at left back, and Stones and Otamendi as the centre back pairing for most of the season. Which is a decent achievement considering all that

The Messi circus seemed to derail City's transfer window this season, as I predicted. They seemed to bid for their first choice CB target Koulibaly for 2 months, and then pulled out as they wouldn't meet the asking price.
Seems to be an issue with the players in front of the defence, Rodri mainly not providing enough defensive cover. And also some games they don't press effectively at all, as we saw on Sunday
Sponsored Links

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Haven't they already got 2? Zinchenko & £50m Mendy?
He's spent some amount of money on defenders the last few years

£400 million spent on defenders during Guardiola’s time.....crazy
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 10:58pm
How would you rate them all JB?

Walker and Laporte the only successes for me. 

Cancelo a strange one. Never seems to get much of a run in the team, clearly talented and came with a big reputation
I still challenge that he didn’t cost what Sky report, he was £27m plus Danilo, not sure how that equates to £55m. 

Mendy - a flop. Looked unreal at Monaco too. 

Stones - I’m sure the plan was that he’d be a City and England regular now playing great football out from the back under Pep’s guidance. Hasn’t turned out like that, confidence seems shot

Who else is there? Danilo wasn’t bad. 

Ake and Dias, lets hope they aren’t the next flops 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 29 Sep 2020 at 10:59pm
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How would you rate them all JB?

Walker and Laporte the only successes for me. 

Cancelo a strange one. Never seems to get much of a run in the team, clearly talented and came with a big reputation
I still challenge that he didn’t cost what Sky report, he was £27m plus Danilo, not sure how that equates to £55m. 

Mendy - a flop. Looked unreal at Monaco too. 

Stones - I’m sure the plan was that he’d be a City and England regular now playing great football out from the back under Pep’s guidance. Hasn’t turned out like that, confidence seems shot

Who else is there? Danilo wasn’t bad. 

Ake and Dias, lets hope they aren’t the next flops 

If Dias flops it could be he end of pep I think....I really think this is the last straw for him.if Dias isn’t a succes at the money that’s been paid for him (and him being another defensive signing for massive money) I think the board will lose patience with pep.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 7:23pm
Did they change the handball rules again during the week or what? 
How can a penalty be given for something last week and not this?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 7:57pm
Peps lost interest I believe 
I thought his words and reaction to losing against Lyon were a bit strange at the time, he didn’t seem angry at all
This season he’s been acting strange capped with tonight acting like City had won 5-0 the way he spoke after being lucky to get a point at Leeds 

Dias had a decent debut, about the only positive

If people thought last season was a one sided title race just wait for a few months, this will be worse 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 03 Oct 2020 at 7:57pm
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 8:06pm
Nice to see Bielsa get one over on Guardiola with greatly lesser resources.

The title's are already looking like a procession for Liverpool, which isn't great for us neutrals. City are underperforming, there's no getting around it.

I can easily see Guardiola doing a Keegan and just suddenly walking away.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 10:45pm

Peps lost interest I believe 
I thought his words and reaction to losing against Lyon were a bit strange at the time, he didn’t seem angry at all
This season he’s been acting strange capped with tonight acting like City had won 5-0 the way he spoke after being lucky to get a point at Leeds 

Dias had a decent debut, about the only positive

If people thought last season was a one sided title race just wait for a few months, this will be worse 

I’ve said it already on here that I don’t think he’ll last the season...in fairness he’s been let down by some of his Players but maybe they know something we don’t.

not too sure what game you were watching when you say city were lucky to get a point...I watched a game were city created lots of goal scoring chances but never made the keeper work....how Agüero is missed.de bryune,mendy and foden average today,more so mendy and KDB but still there’s a real frustration watching city now..more so than normal.dias can be happy with his debut.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 10:49pm
Leeds had three big chances with one one ones, Ederson had to make 3 good saves
City should have scored more in the opening 20 mins, then they bizarrely stopped playing and Leeds took over
Bar that Sterling shoulda scored when he was clean through that time near the end, the only other big chance they had 

Agree on KDB, he looked tired and wasn’t good today
Foden, Mahrez and Torres weren’t at it either
Mendy is a liability 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 03 Oct 2020 at 10:50pm
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 11:18pm
id fully expect ederson to make those saves....they were close,narrowed down one on ones...ok the ayling one was a good save but the other two were standard,the header save was excellent.

Sterling had numerous chances,how many times did foden shoot and have a shot blocked wide,KDB had plenty of chances only to make a balls of them near goal.

I get the feeeling there’s unrest at the club...like the the team are just playing by themselves and aren’t listening to pep and he couldn’t care,it wouldn’t bother me to see him go now,he’s spent wildly and delivered a few trophy’s (but not the one we crave) playing lovely football but you can see his time is up and we need to be rejuvenated. 

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 8:21am

Liverpool are going to walk the title this year.
They should be in a position to give the FA cup a proper go and aim for the double/treble. 

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 12:26am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 11:28pm
Peps moaning about players getting no rest and being burnt out after De Bruyne came back from international duty with an injury 

Two points on this, why did he feature in both carabao cup games if he needed a rest, and did he not get a 3 month rest along with everyone else from March to June 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 7:51pm
Dogged performance to get the win
Like the look of Dias so far, seems to love defending
Had Ederson to thank for a few big saves, and Arsenal could have had a penalty 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 7:52pm
Kyle Walker had a really good game RB.

Dias and Cancelo excellent too.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Not sure if sarcasm 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 9:08pm

Not sure if sarcasm 

Not this time.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 9:10pm

Not sure if sarcasm 

Not this time.
What are you doing here? Jeff giving Bruno the runaround?

Edited by King_Kenny - 17 Oct 2020 at 9:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 424425426427428 509>
  Share Topic