Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 413414415416417 509>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 1:44am
You had a we drink RB?
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 7:30am
LOL

SIT ON THE BENCH!!  

It reads like a Trump tweet. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 8:06am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

You had a we drink RB?

LOLLOL

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 8:24am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

LOL

SIT ON THE BENCH!!  

He's an Abu Dhabi supporter, of course it does
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 9:28am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

LOL

SIT ON THE BENCH!!  

Do I have to explain? 
That’s what the know all’s were shouting when Foden signed his latest contract 
First choice now after a couple of seasons of learning off Pep and playing with the likes of Silva and de Bruyne 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 11:31pm
A shameful way for David Silva, the best City player I’ve seen, to bow out
Being kept on the bench for 85 minutes while Guardiola persisted with 5 defenders and two holding midfielders against the seventh best team in France 
Utterly shameful 

Drive that wee f**ker Garcia to the airport in the morning for Barcelona
They can send a few more nothing players with him - Cancelo, Gundogan, Rodri

A massive rebuild is needed at City
By the start of next season they’ll have lost Silva, Kompany without replacing him, Sane and Aguero will be in his final year at the club.
Stones and Otamendi are not good enough any longer, Zinchenko never was and Mendy probably wasn’t either. Fernandinho is done.

Anyone who thinks City are ready to win the league back when it restarts next month would need their head examined for me. 
Nowhere near it this season
Pep should either committ now to a contract extension or go IMO, big transition period coming up for the club  

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 15 Aug 2020 at 11:32pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Eric Garcia won't renew his contract and rumours are he wants to rejoin Barcelona this summer. Will probably only get around £15m for him as he's in his final year.

That wasn't in the script for City i'm sure, Pep always spoke very highly off him. Thought he was a bit over-rated myself as he lacked height and pace for a centre half but was still very young and looked good on the ball

I don’t blame him for wanting to go....the signing of ake has pushed him out to 4th 5th choice so he’s not gonna get much football at city.much of this is peps doing,his reluctance to blood young players at city has seen us lose a few (diaz,Sancho now Garcia).garcia should of got a lot more game time than he has done and has been messed around a bit,fair play to him wanted out.

Ake is left footed, he will be rotated with Laporte or played at left back i'd imagine. Can't see them starting together many times as the centre backs
He'd have been one of the four centre halves in the squad for next season along with Koulibaly or whoever the next one is that is signed. Would have got plenty of game time, as we are seeing this year he's almost first choice now for the right sided centre back ahead of Fernandinho, Stones and Otamendi. He can't complain about a lack of game time

Ake is cover for Laporte and whoever signs so ake is 3rd choice....Garcia the goes straight to 4th maybe 5th choice if stones or otamendi can’t be moved on so it’s a kick in the teeth for him.im not buying that two left footed center half’s can’t play together,city’s center half rarely hold there left/right positions in games so I see no problem why Laporte/ake can’t play together rather than just use ake as cover for Laporte.

The only reason he’s playing now is because pep has lost all confidence in stones,otamendi is struggle for form and ferindino has been either injured or suspended since the covid restart which is when Garcia has got most of his games.

He’s at the club since 2017 and has played 22 games...13 of those have been premier league games this season so the writing has been on the wall for him.he wouldn’t of got plenty of game time next season becasuse he’d of been pushed out,and like I said he should of been in the team much earlier this season only pep gave stones/otamendi chance after chance.

Losing him is a blow,he’s 19 and has been one of city’s better players since the come back...I fully expect him to go to Barca as replacement for pique and be every bit as good as him.

A centre back neat on the ball but can’t defend, has no pace and isn’t the tallest

He’ll be no loss 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 11:36am

A shameful way for David Silva, the best City player I’ve seen, to bow out
Being kept on the bench for 85 minutes while Guardiola persisted with 5 defenders and two holding midfielders against the seventh best team in France 
Utterly shameful 

Drive that wee f**ker Garcia to the airport in the morning for Barcelona
They can send a few more nothing players with him - Cancelo, Gundogan, Rodri

A massive rebuild is needed at City
By the start of next season they’ll have lost Silva, Kompany without replacing him, Sane and Aguero will be in his final year at the club.
Stones and Otamendi are not good enough any longer, Zinchenko never was and Mendy probably wasn’t either. Fernandinho is done.

Anyone who thinks City are ready to win the league back when it restarts next month would need their head examined for me. 
Nowhere near it this season
Pep should either committ now to a contract extension or go IMO, big transition period coming up for the club  

You forgot two of the main nothing players in Kyle Walker and Gabriel Jesus.

Some of the worst defending I’ve seen from Kyle Walker with that first goal last night.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 11:46am
They were excellent in both legs against Real, whereas those mentioned weren’t, so wouldn’t be too hard on them. 
You failed to reply after those games and are piping up now 

Walker has been very good this season, I can say that as a man who’s watched almost every city game
They signed a big money right back to put Walker under pressure after a poor enough season last year  and he rose to the test and was the undoubted first choice right back this season. After de Bruyne he was one of their best players this season 
Unfortunately he’s a bad night last night 
Pep must take some of the blame for playing a back five for only the second time this season, with the defensive line all over the place when trying to play offsides all night. 

I’ve come to realise that Jesus isn’t going to be Agueros replacement and will merely be a decent backup striker 
He wasn’t overly bad last night there were a lot worse 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 11:49am

Edited by BrendanD88 - 16 Aug 2020 at 11:51am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 11:50am
You’re playing as a wingback and you play Ekambi onside for the first goal, Criminal! he cost City it’s as simple as that.

But you’re  happy to lay the blame on a 19 year old simply because he wants to move to Barcelona.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 16 Aug 2020 at 11:51am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 12:10pm
Never seen the fuss with Garcia, have said it for a while now
Crazy decision to bring him into the team at the expense of an attacking player, especially a week after he said he wanted to leave. Don’t think I’ve laid the blame with him, it’s mainly been aimed at Pep
City weren’t quick enough at the back no matter how many they played there
Garcia, Gundogan, Rodri and Fernandinho havent got pace.
Everyone knows City are good going forward and not so good at the back, play to your strengths. Instead of playing 7 defensive minded players why not play 5 and include one of the Silva’s or Foden 
Also, Play your best player in his favorite position, not stuck out on the wing for the first half 
And if you’re going to play wing backs it helps if the left sided one can use his left foot 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 16 Aug 2020 at 12:11pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 2:04pm
Come on, it was obvious 2/3 years ago Jesus will be nowhere near the player Aguero is/was.

Edited by Gary McKay - 16 Aug 2020 at 2:04pm
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 12:00am

Never seen the fuss with Garcia, have said it for a while now
Crazy decision to bring him into the team at the expense of an attacking player, especially a week after he said he wanted to leave. Don’t think I’ve laid the blame with him, it’s mainly been aimed at Pep
City weren’t quick enough at the back no matter how many they played there
Garcia, Gundogan, Rodri and Fernandinho havent got pace.
Everyone knows City are good going forward and not so good at the back, play to your strengths. Instead of playing 7 defensive minded players why not play 5 and include one of the Silva’s or Foden 
Also, Play your best player in his favorite position, not stuck out on the wing for the first half 
And if you’re going to play wing backs it helps if the left sided one can use his left foot 

I think you being very hard on Garcia....he’s 19 and it’s not his fault he’s being picked ahead of an attacking player.i happen to think he’ll be a huge player for city if the club can get him to stay if Not...it’s Barca’s gain.for me Laporte was awful last night....he could of tracked the runner for the first goal and his pass for the third finished the contest.but he wasn’t alone...rodri who I’ve been saying for mths is to slow and the biggest turkey the club have bought was sh*t,gungoden poor,Ederson shocking mistake for a keeeper who had little to do,ferindino poor,we’ve got our moneys worth let him go,cancelo was ok,walker ok,Jesus poor and hasn’t stepped up to the mark ......I could go on and on.

I’m starting to think that f**king things up is in the DNA of the club....I expected or expect so much from this team/club because everything seems to be in the right place for games like the one last night(Bayern would of been a different story)....then you have the so called greatest coach in football ballsing things up with a formation that leaves you thinking city are playing a world eleven and not a Ligue 1 7th place team.ive no doubt he overthinked the game,I’ve no doubt these players have heard all he has to say,I’ve no doubt the team aren’t good enough and I’m in no doubt that pep should go.im starting to think pep caught a Barca team at its peak and all they needed was a game plan to win and he gave them that...same at city,the football of last back to back premier league wins is so far from what’s on show now it’s like watching night and day.players have to take some of the blame for last night but you could be here all night going on about that....a night that truly ranks up there as one of city’s worst defeats ever.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 12:09am
also what an absolutely shameful way for David Silva to play his last few minutes for the club...
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 12:44am
The biggest case for Abu Dhabi to say bye bye to Guardiola is that he isn't a transfer market guy and they need a rebuilding

A list of really successful signings he's made in his career would be fairly short

With Barca the team was largely already in place, in fact that's been the case wherever he's gone

There were a few good signings in '08 - Alves, Pique, Keita, but that wasn't much more good business over the whole four years

He added David Villa who was a good signing but it was hardly out of left field to sign Spain's World Cup winning centre forward 

Javier Mascherano, again a good player but Guardiola didn't really know what to do with him

Similarly with Lewandowski at Bayern, hardly rocket science to sign the man who put four goals past Real Madrid on a free transfer

Kimmich would prove a very good signing in time for Bayern but was too soon for Guardiola, Thiago Alcantara and Xabi Alonso were OK I suppose but again hardly anything ground breaking to sign a player he knew very well and a Spanish World Cup winner in the twilight of his career

Leroy Sane was a very good signing but didn't seem to get on with Guardiola and now he's gone

Bernardo Silva was a good signing too with Laporte probably best of the rest with Abu Dhabi

A lot of his signings have been flops or performed very averagely

Zlatan flopped at Barcelona, Alexis Sanchez never really established himself, neither did Fabregas who was a flop considering the money paid for him and the hype 

Gotze was a flop with Bayern, and he let Kroos and Mandzukic go - Kroos would win multiple European Cups at Madrid while Mandzukic was a key player in the Juventus team which reached the final in 2017

At Abu Dhabi, Mendy, Stones, Bravo, Gundogan, Walker, Mahrez, Danilo, Rodri, Joao Cancelo, some were flops, the rest haven't exactly pulled up trees

It's hardly a stellar business record 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 9:06pm
Some reports on twitter that Guardiola has extended his contract 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 1:03am

Some reports on twitter that Guardiola has extended his contract 

What’s he left on his current contract...one season???the club would be shouting it from the roof tops if he extended so I’d say it’s bullsh*t.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 413414415416417 509>
  Share Topic