Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 412413414415416 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I’d rather pretend to be a forensic accountant than someone who gets petty on an Irish football forum when their English team gets dissed ya snowflake.

Snore
Beaten in argument so labels the other person a snowflake for some reason 
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 11:40pm
Grow up ya malding tosspot LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Grow up ya malding tosspot LOL

Cry
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:32am
The Trump style fanboy for the slave owners still can't accept they're cheats LOL

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 7:35am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

The Trump style fanboy for the slave owners still can't accept they're cheats LOL

I’d no doubt have accepted it had the CAS ruling gone against them and upheld their ban
The fact is they overturned it and many people can’t accept that 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

It's a good distraction for City from what's happened on this pitch this season I suppose. Win the league last year, spend 150m on players in the summer, go on and lose 9 games and finish 18 points behind the winners the following year. Win the CL and no one will care. Don't & the CAS ruling is their only celebration this year

Never really cared what happened with the CAS thing. It's a better competition with them in it. Will Pep's reign be a disappointment if he doesn't win it before he goes?

How do you get 150m? Rodri was 63m and Cancelo was 22m plus Danilo. Have I missed anyone else?

I think its been a poor season, everyone will agree, unless they win the CL which would make it a very good season. Simple as that. For me the CAS ruling doesn't come into judging the season. That was a welcome result though off the pitch on a cloud hanging over the club for the last 18 months or so.

On your last question there, I was actually thinking that the other day. Thinking about it unbiasedly and objectively I would still say no. The football Pep's team has played has been extraordinary, the 100 points season was extraordinary and the domestic treble was historic. I don't think any City fans will look back on his reign as a failure or disappointment whatever happens now. Its like saying was Mourinho a disappointment at Chelsea.

Unless they're wrong?

I wouldn't say his time at City has been a disappointment either but not winning the CL definitely will be. Suppose he has 2 more shots at that still

Edited by Croftman - 30 Jul 2020 at 9:39am
Some people just deserve a slap
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 8:38pm
City have signed Valencia winger Ferran Torres .

Sounds like a good price of £20.75m because he had a year left on his contract.

Edited by Double Maxim - 04 Aug 2020 at 9:10pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Lets hope he's more David Silva than Jesus Navas
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 10:45pm

Or rick Holden 
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Or rick Holden 

The new Nicky Summerbee perhaps.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 3:22pm
Eric Garcia won't renew his contract and rumours are he wants to rejoin Barcelona this summer. Will probably only get around £15m for him as he's in his final year.

That wasn't in the script for City i'm sure, Pep always spoke very highly off him. Thought he was a bit over-rated myself as he lacked height and pace for a centre half but was still very young and looked good on the ball
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 4:18pm
Nathan Ake, is simply not worth 41 million. Ridiculous amount of money for an average centre half. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 4:25pm
Ake is know for being exceptionally versatile, and Bournemouth went down, in spite of him. Half the price of Maguire, and almost £10 Million cheaper than AWB. If this works, this will be a financial and footballing coup for City.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 10:14pm

Eric Garcia won't renew his contract and rumours are he wants to rejoin Barcelona this summer. Will probably only get around £15m for him as he's in his final year.

That wasn't in the script for City i'm sure, Pep always spoke very highly off him. Thought he was a bit over-rated myself as he lacked height and pace for a centre half but was still very young and looked good on the ball

I don’t blame him for wanting to go....the signing of ake has pushed him out to 4th 5th choice so he’s not gonna get much football at city.much of this is peps doing,his reluctance to blood young players at city has seen us lose a few (diaz,Sancho now Garcia).garcia should of got a lot more game time than he has done and has been messed around a bit,fair play to him wanted out.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Ake is know for being exceptionally versatile, and Bournemouth went down, in spite of him. Half the price of Maguire, and almost £10 Million cheaper than AWB. If this works, this will be a financial and footballing coup for City.

I think it’s actually a good deal for City in the current market.

EPL experience.
Young ish / 25 so has resale value if it doesn’t work out
His wages won’t be ridiculous 
Homegrown which is important 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 10:26pm

I don’t blame him for wanting to go....the signing of ake has pushed him out to 4th 5th choice so he’s not gonna get much football at city.much of this is peps doing,his reluctance to blood young players at city has seen us lose a few (diaz,Sancho now Garcia).garcia should of got a lot more game time than he has done and has been messed around a bit,fair play to him wanted out.

Ake is left footed, he will be rotated with Laporte or played at left back i'd imagine. Can't see them starting together many times as the centre backs
He'd have been one of the four centre halves in the squad for next season along with Koulibaly or whoever the next one is that is signed. Would have got plenty of game time, as we are seeing this year he's almost first choice now for the right sided centre back ahead of Fernandinho, Stones and Otamendi. He can't complain about a lack of game time

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 06 Aug 2020 at 10:27pm
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:38pm

Ake is left footed, he will be rotated with Laporte or played at left back i'd imagine. Can't see them starting together many times as the centre backs
He'd have been one of the four centre halves in the squad for next season along with Koulibaly or whoever the next one is that is signed. Would have got plenty of game time, as we are seeing this year he's almost first choice now for the right sided centre back ahead of Fernandinho, Stones and Otamendi. He can't complain about a lack of game time

Ake is cover for Laporte and whoever signs so ake is 3rd choice....Garcia the goes straight to 4th maybe 5th choice if stones or otamendi can’t be moved on so it’s a kick in the teeth for him.im not buying that two left footed center half’s can’t play together,city’s center half rarely hold there left/right positions in games so I see no problem why Laporte/ake can’t play together rather than just use ake as cover for Laporte.

The only reason he’s playing now is because pep has lost all confidence in stones,otamendi is struggle for form and ferindino has been either injured or suspended since the covid restart which is when Garcia has got most of his games.

He’s at the club since 2017 and has played 22 games...13 of those have been premier league games this season so the writing has been on the wall for him.he wouldn’t of got plenty of game time next season becasuse he’d of been pushed out,and like I said he should of been in the team much earlier this season only pep gave stones/otamendi chance after chance.

Losing him is a blow,he’s 19 and has been one of city’s better players since the come back...I fully expect him to go to Barca as replacement for pique and be every bit as good as him.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 1:13am
Phil Foden MUST go on loan!!
Just signed a five year contract to SIT ON THE BENCH!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 412413414415416 509>
  Share Topic