Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 399400401402403 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Have to say I was surprised City's equaliser was allowed. 

Thought the push was very light but with both hands on his back, I'd have expected it to be disallowed all the same. 

City fully deserved their win but that goal was a huge moment and I reckon Ramos gets a touch on that without the hands on the back. I couldn't believe VAR didn't give it. Might put to bed some of the tin foil hat stuff though with Man City fans regarding VAR, particularly owing to the fact that it was in the Champions League and UEFA surely don't want them to win it before being potentially banned. 

You're probably right on that as Ramos isn't the type to mistime headers. 

I wouldn't have too many sympathies for him as it's the exact type of thing he would do himself if in a similar situation. He's a master of getting away with things like that so no harm in him getting a taste of his own medicine. 

Edited by irishmufc - 27 Feb 2020 at 12:03pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 6:32pm
Phil Foden very good performance today, I'd be surprised if he hasn't broken into the first 11 from the start next season at City. 

Pep justifying keeping him around the club with the amount of game time he's given him this season.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 6:33pm
Jaysus even Wembley is empty when City win a cup.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 6:37pm
Cups have no real significance much anymore. I just about remember villa in 94 and 96 when they won the league cup. Back then cup finals were huge. Great excitement even watching them. Nobody really cares anymore about a league cup or an fa cup much.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 6:41pm
Plenty of the bigger PL clubs would love to have been in City's position today though.

Arsenal, Spurs, Man United etc all going another year winning nothing potentially. 

I do think the League Cup is a nothing competition on the grander scheme things of things for the elite clubs at least but still when your club hasn't won a trophy in a few years or longer it's something.

Edited by Green Devil - 01 Mar 2020 at 6:45pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Plenty of the bigger PL clubs would love to have been in City's position today though.

Arsenal, Spurs, Man United etc all going another year winning nothing potentially. 

I do think the League Cup is a nothing competition on the grander scheme things of things for the elite clubs at least but still when your club hasn't won a trophy in a few years or longer it's something.

It’s why mid range clubs rarely, if ever win it. At least one failed giant wants it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

It’s why mid range clubs rarely, if ever win it. At least one failed giant wants it.

For sure and realistically there's anything between what 10 to 12 teams that could potentially be involved in a relegation battle before a ball is kicked in the PL?

There's not too many mid range clubs like Burnley, West Ham, Southampton etc to a point going to take the competition overly seriously.

The lack of a Christmas Break might have a minor impact on how these clubs see domestic cup competitions also mind, given how ruthless that period is for clubs.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 7:12pm

Both cups suffer from fixture congestion issues which have severely degraded the value of them.

The League has rounds 1 and 2 before and after matchday 1 so the little clubs have 4 games in the first 10 days to start their seasons, so they're close to little value for smaller clubs and before this season you had that awful seeding system.

The FA cup as we know suffer from the festive period.

If the FA actually spread out these games, there'd be alot more interest from both elite and low level clubs.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 8:18pm
Outside the big six clubs, they don't care. Premier League survival (worth tens of millions) is worth so much more than a league cup, even with the potential for a european place.

It's only in the secure premier league clubs (the big six clubs) that it means anything.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 9:00pm

Phil Foden very good performance today, I'd be surprised if he hasn't broken into the first 11 from the start next season at City. 

Pep justifying keeping him around the club with the amount of game time he's given him this season.
Agree on all of this
He has a touch of class about him you can see most times he’s on the ball 
He’ll be Silva’s replacement next year in the squad, don’t think they’ll sign a replacement for him (as I’ve said on here before) 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Jaysus even Wembley is empty when City win a cup.
LOLBitter old man 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 4:28am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Agree on all of this
He has a touch of class about him you can see most times he’s on the ball 
He’ll be Silva’s replacement next year in the squad, don’t think they’ll sign a replacement for him (as I’ve said on here before) 

He looks technically excellent, so comfortable on the ball.

Would rather see him played through the middle where he might be able to get involved in the play a bit more. Felt he was a bit isolated at times being stuck out wide.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 8:18pm
Any city fan planning going to Liverpool game and short of a ticket ? Unlikely I can make it due to going to RM game, excellent seat. Strictly City fan only !!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 6:23pm
20 games without a goal against Man United for the second most valuable footballer in the World. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 6:48pm
Just shows you how dependent City are on De Bruyne
Didn’t really look like scoring for long periods 

Foden was good I thought
Has started a cup final and Manchester derby in the last seven days the man who had apparently wasted his career by signing a new contract a while ago

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 6:53pm
TWENTY!!!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

TWENTY!!!!!

Take that up with CIES the crowd who produced the study 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 6:59pm
they were very quick to rule that Aguero goal out for offside when evidence was inconclusive
Didn’t fancy the controversy as De Gea had apparently stopped
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 399400401402403 509>
  Share Topic