Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 509>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 9:18am
Some of the stuff about Tevez back in 2009, mental carry on. The amount of money he made and his agent also was insane.

• Man City cooperated with a dubious company in order to sign the striker. Tévez's economic rights, after all, were not held by Manchester United, where the Argentinian had been playing on loan
  • The football star belonged to an investment company that had been registered in a tax haven in the Caribbean.
  • Man City agreed to pay a total of 51.25 million euros for the striker's transfer -- not to Manchester United, but to Harlem Springs, based in the British Virgin Islands
  • It was the highest sum a Premier League club had ever paid for a player.
  • Tévez was guaranteed an average of 228,000 euros per week
  • A million euros for reaching the Champions League; a million more for being the top goal scorer in a Premier League season; two million euros for winning the Premier League
  • "Signing on fees" of 7.5 million pounds along with "loyalty payments" of another 7.5 million.
  • Should "any professional football player" employed by the club be promised a higher salary than Tevez's, Man City was required to increase Tévez's salary to match that higher number.
  • Tévez's loyalty to Manchester City left quite a bit to be desired. In December 2010 he wrote a letter to Man City chairman claiming that he was "not happy in the environment" and that "now is the right time for me to leave."
  • His departure was sealed with the dissolution of his contract in June 26, 2013. Tévez was paid a "termination payment" in two tranches, the first worth almost 1.3 million pounds and the second almost 3.1 million euros.
  • They let him leave for Italy just four years later for just 9 million euros.
    Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
    Jack Charlton
    Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 9:30am

I suppose those Tevez details don't look as shocking set against modern times but they are big numbers given that it happened almost a decade ago. 

I was reading about some of the clauses in Neymars contract. He gets about €375k for clapping the fans at the end of games and not being a complete kunt to them generally. Nice work if you can get it. 
    El Puto Amo
    The White Cafu View Drop Down
    Liam Brady
    Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 9:33am
    Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

United bought the league for years, now city do it and their up in arms. It's beautiful. Some lad called Duncan castles freaking out on Twitter.

This, if you delved into any big club in world football you'd find stuff just as bad if not worse.
    Although seeing grown men (bhob) get genuinely offended by breaches of FFP rules, or city players come back from injury earlier than expected is mildly entertaining.

bhob View Drop Down
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 9:36am
    Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

United bought the league for years, now city do it and their up in arms. It's beautiful. Some lad called Duncan castles freaking out on Twitter.

This, if you delved into any big club in world football you'd find stuff just as bad if not worse.
    Although seeing grown men (bhob) get genuinely offended by breaches of FFP rules, or city players come back from injury earlier than expected is mildly entertaining.

Where have I been offended?
    Hans Moleman View Drop Down
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane
    Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 3:11pm
    Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Not offended. OBSESSED
    "I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
    bhob View Drop Down
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 4:01pm
    Oh the irony LOL
    Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 11:31pm
    Mendy out for 3 months
    Expect to see a lot more of Sane in the coming weeks then. Pep never seemed to like starting both on the same team
    Double Maxim View Drop Down
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 4:04am

How far is Kevin De Bruyne off being fit?
    Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 6:45am
    Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

How far is Kevin De Bruyne off being fit?

Two weeks I think 
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 5:47pm
    Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Mendy out for 3 months
    Expect to see a lot more of Sane in the coming weeks then. Pep never seemed to like starting both on the same team

Sane hitting form 
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 8:48pm
    Was nice of City to release the young Brit today
    Typical Pep never giving homegrown players a chance though 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 26 Nov 2018 at 8:54pm
    pre Madonna View Drop Down
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 8:52pm
    Funny because it is true!
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 9:58pm
    Not at their best at all tonight 
    Good to come back twice and get a point, a draw at home to Hoffenheim now will win the group 
    Lyon played well, could have been 2 or 3 up at half time 
    NDombele looks a player in midfield, but then again so did Bakayoko for Monaco this time two years ago

Odd formation by Pep with Mahrez, Sane and Sterling all on. Didn’t really work 
    Laporte was outstanding again 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 27 Nov 2018 at 9:58pm
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:02pm
    Ndombele will end up at someone like City for the bones of 100m in the next year or 2 I'd be guessing. I can see what you mean by the Bakayoko comment, but Ndombele is a far more complete player. Has everything.

Lyon superb tonight. City can be got at, teams just have to have the balls and be good enough also obviously. Sit back against City and you've no chance.
    "I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:07pm
    They missed Bernardo and KDB tonight 
    Any team would, but in a lot of games they get away with it
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:14pm
    Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

They missed Bernardo and KDB tonight 
    Any team would, but in a lot of games they get away with it

Might put to bed the nonsense of 'City don't miss De Bruyne'. Of course they miss him in the tougher games, and Lyon are a proper team. They need De Bruyne back and firing asap as when teams actually have the balls to have some bit of a go at City, they can be got at. Especially when De Bruyne isn't playing.

Great game to watch though. 2 cracking sides. Lyon will feel unlucky not to win it, and it will be a massive pity if they don't make the last 16.
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:30pm
    I never said they dont miss him

Lyon should make the last 16

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 27 Nov 2018 at 10:30pm
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:38pm
    Worded my post wrong, the not missing De Bruyne was a general comment that I've heard from almost every pundit all season long. It's nonsense. Right up there as the best player in the PL, if not the best. Right up there last season as the best midfielder in the world, and yet the amount of paid pundits saying they don't miss him.

Hopefully Lyon go through. A great team to watch.
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 509>
      Share Topic