Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 289290291292293 509>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Stat of the day - Man City made more passes in the build up to the 3rd goal than United (one of the most expensively assembled squads in football history) have in the entire season so far.

That is some stat.

Where did you get this 'stat' from LOL

His hole man
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Stat of the day - Man City made more passes in the build up to the 3rd goal than United (one of the most expensively assembled squads in football history) have in the entire season so far.

That is some stat.

Where did you get this 'stat' from LOL

Expected better from you Rolo LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 6:54pm
Streets ahead of everybody in the league regardless of what the scousers might want to think. 
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 6:57pm
Liverpool are doing fine but still look like they are in 3rd gear. Not sure what the story with their assistant manager is. They seem to have lost a spark since his departure.  
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 7:07pm
There's another couple of gears for Pep's lads and all....

In a one off game, or 2 legs, like last year I wouldnt like to call a winner, but over a season City should win at a canter
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 4:19am
And they still have to get de Bruyne back in the team.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 9:52am
Brendan, would City have broken in to your top 6 clubs in Europe yet, or are they still trailing behind Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich, PSG and Atletico Madrid?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:08am
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Streets ahead of everybody in the league regardless of what the scousers might want to think. 

A lot of the players have improved under Pep and the longer he is there the better the squad will get. AND I’m sure he wants to add 1/2 more players so he has more options
The Bayern team reckon in year 3 they played their best football.

I think we are going to see the first English team win 4 top division leagues in a row. 

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Brendan, would City have broken in to your top 6 clubs in Europe yet, or are they still trailing behind Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich, PSG and Atletico Madrid?
Well 5 of those teams have collectively played in over 50 European Cup Finals whereas the Desert Rat's team have not made it to a single Final.

Time will tell, if they don't win it this year they will never win it.
Madrid, Barca, Munich all off form at the moment and even Utd beat Juve.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

A lot of the players have improved under Pep and the longer he is there the better the squad will get. AND I’m sure he wants to add 1/2 more players so he has more options
The Bayern team reckon in year 3 they played their best football.

I think we are going to see the first English team win 4 top division leagues in a row. 

Agree.
Look at John Stones for example. Improved immeasurably this season. He was brilliant on the ball at times yesterday stepping into midfield with it and breaking lines.
He even has Silva and Aguero playing as well as they ever have.

Does anyone think if Sanchez had signed for City in January he'd be playing as badly as he is at the minute? That's one of the stark differences in Guardiola and Mourinho at present. One is getting the best out of their players and the other isn't.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 12 Nov 2018 at 10:13am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Well 5 of those teams have collectively played in over 50 European Cup Finals whereas the Desert Rat's team have not made it to a single Final.

Time will tell, if they don't win it this year they will never win it.
Madrid, Barca, Munich all off form at the moment and even Utd beat Juve.

We obviously aren't, and weren't, talking about how these clubs have fared over the last 50 years, when Brendy scoffed at my idea that City and Liverpool were easily among the best 5 teams in Europe AT PRESENT.

Sure you may as well say Steaua Bucharest are better using your living in the past logic. That's a different discussion completely. 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:22am

We obviously aren't, and weren't, talking about how these clubs have fared over the last 50 years, when Brendy scoffed at my idea that City and Liverpool were easily among the best 5 teams in Europe AT PRESENT.
Of course they are, top two I reckon.

Your quip about living in the past - every football fan lives in the past, yesterday was the past.
It has no bearing on what can happen next weekend.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:25am

That would be some achievement, but they've cheated to get there. It's like Lance Armstrong's 7 Tour Dr France wins. That was a brilliant achievement too, apart from the doping.

Remember when Ben Johnson won Olympic Gold in Korea. What a race that was, apart from the doping. 

I'd love to see city win 4 or more in a row, just to shut all the bar stoolers up, but it's hard to get excited by it, under the circumstances. 

Edited by Ibaraki - 12 Nov 2018 at 10:25am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:30am
Getting way ahead of ourselves. They've won 1 title and are 2 points clear in the latest title race after 12 games.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

That would be some achievement, but they've cheated to get there. It's like Lance Armstrong's 7 Tour Dr France wins. That was a brilliant achievement too, apart from the doping.

Remember when Ben Johnson won Olympic Gold in Korea. What a race that was, apart from the doping. 

I'd love to see city win 4 or more in a row, just to shut all the bar stoolers up, but it's hard to get excited by it, under the circumstances. 

Are you saying City players are better footballers as they are on Drugs??? 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:42am

Getting way ahead of ourselves. They've won 1 title and are 2 points clear in the latest title race after 12 games.

Look at Peps record:
7 titles out of 8 and the one he lost he still got 91 pts and a GD of 85
Real were just unbeatable that season.

Like at Barca and Bayern, he has the best team and massive resources behind him. He has done the hard part, winning the first one.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:46am

Look at Peps record:
7 titles out of 8 and the one he lost he still got 91 pts and a GD of 85
Real were just unbeatable that season.
What about his first year at City when he won nothing,

Also the year he took off because he needed a rest, bless him.

So 7 out of 10 is the correct stat.
Still amazing.
Luv Pep.

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:49am
The Irish rugby team should head Hunt him before the WC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 289290291292293 509>
  Share Topic