Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 152153154155156 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

West Brom signed him 2 years ago for £7.5m
He's hardly been outstanding there. Steady and decent enough but nothing spectacular.
He's 29 now.

Now I know prices have gone crazy this summer, but talk of quadrupling his pricetag from 2 years ago is a bit OTT for me.

Hardly off my head if I think he's worth £12m considering all the above

Spot on. Price hike is due to the City factor
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:58pm
£12m is hardly going to be considered when WBA apparently rejected a £15m bid from Leicester is it?

I agree he isn't a £20m centre back but PL clubs have the power now to reject huge bids for players and I believe WBA would reject a £20m bid from any team not just City.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 4:07pm
There is so many variables in a transfer so it becomes difficult to compare them.

Age of player (resale value)
Length of contract left
Selling club wants / don't want to sell
Buying club rich 
etc

When Man U sold Evans he was not wanted and i'm sure his contract was running out.

Now West Brom want to keep him and the buying club is rich so that will inflate the price.

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 12:02am
City bid £18 million and it was knocked back from west brom.....
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:40am
Big game tonight, could see it being a tough one too. Don't have a good record against Everton, they've improved their squad and Sigurdsson is in line for his debut, a player with a good record v City.

Needs to be a fast intense start. Were too slow at times last week against Brighton

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 10:26am
suppose it'll be the first test that the 200m city defence has come up against. still see them winning comfortably enough. 3-1
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 1:35pm
Nasri signs for Antylaspor (sp) in Turkey for around £9m

Waste of a career

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 2:22pm
Correction, seems the transfer fee for Nasri is only £3.2m!

Goes back to what I was saying the other day. Only City could be selling Samir Nasri for £3m and paying £30m for Johnny Evans!!

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 2:23pm
Nasir's a disruptive sh*thead and can't play centreback so what's your argument here?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 2:24pm
He's a far more talented footballer, and is costing a tenth of the (ridiculous) price being quoted for Evans, is obviously my argument 

City are quoted ridiculous prices for any player they show an interest in, and then lose their own players for peanuts. Although I know a lot of this is down to just getting them off the wage bill.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 21 Aug 2017 at 2:28pm
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He's a far more talented footballer, and is costing a tenth of the (ridiculous) price being quoted for Evans, is obviously my argument 

City are quoted ridiculous prices for any player they show an interest in, and then lose their own players for peanuts. Although I know a lot of this is down to just getting them off the wage bill.

exact same thing for united previous to when mourinho arrived. always the case that if these teams don't want a player, then they have to drop the price to offload. but when looking for a new player, they get quoted over the top prices. keeping with the evans theme, LVG didn't want him and hence why united only got 7.5m for him.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:39pm
Terrible defending by city again.
They will score loads but still need to sort out the defence.

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:41pm
Sane done fantastic keeping that ball alive for Evertons goal

Also the head on Silva LOL
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:42pm
Guardiola. Wots he know bout Premier League?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:44pm
Kyle Walker
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Kyle Walker
What a waste of money LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:46pm
game on now!

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:47pm
Poor oul baggio must be watching from behind the couch LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 152153154155156 509>
  Share Topic