You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The lazy pundits thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 3:28am
I genuinely don't know what's worse, trying to defend Paul Merson or the above post alone LOL

Garth Crooks level of bad.

Edited by coyne - 17 Sep 2017 at 3:30am
Sponsored Links

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 3:54am
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/10974184/could-paul-mersons-premier-league-predictions-bring-you-profit

Yep we're all idiots

Again note to the more educated amongst us, I'm not for one second advocating following merson, I'm merely highlighting the idiotic posts of an idiot, I'd be blessed if they actually read what I wrote.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 9:43pm
Steve Howey. Jesus f**king Christ.LOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:46pm
Bloke on Talksport who was brought on to talk about the Nations League. Wasn't sure if there was relegation, thought it was only group A who could qualify for the Euros from it.
Then went on to talk about the new nations that had qualified for the world cup and mentioned Egypt.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Bloke on Talksport who was brought on to talk about the Nations League. Wasn't sure if there was relegation, thought it was only group A who could qualify for the Euros from it.
Then went on to talk about the new nations that had qualified for the world cup and mentioned Egypt.
I know it was a long time since Egypt last qualified (Italia '90) but, Jesus H Christ, surely anyone who is about to be talking about something - anything at all - in the media should do some sort of research on it beforehand. LOL

...Wait a minute...did you say Talksport...? TongueLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 10:49pm
This will take some beating

Collymore can't hide his hatred of City

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 16 Oct 2017 at 10:50pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

This will take some beating

Collymore can't hide his hatred of City

I didn't even know that head-the-ball even had a hatred for City. LOL

As an ex-Liverpool player, what's his gain for praising United and highlighting City's ill-gotten success? Big smile
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:20pm
He's always got abuse off city fans on twitter over the past few years since being bitter about them having money. Pep was also asked in a press conference last season about some criticism Collymore gave him and he very funnily in a totally confused manner asked...Stan collymore?? (As if who is he)

Drawing 0-0 (against a team who were tanked 5-0 by your nearest challengers) is better than winning 7-2
Liverpool will be Uniteds toughest away game this season

The articles based around the fact City conceded two goals, no mention of the fact that both were deflected and a tad flukey for Stoke, or that they were the first league goals conceded since August.
How'd United do against Stoke again? Drawing 2-2 away is better than beating them 7-2 at home though Stanley would tell you
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:07pm

Football 365's Media Watch's take on the column I was talking about last night

Stand by your man

Stan Collymore is not a fan of Pep Guardiola, and he rarely fails to tell us so via his column in the Daily Mirror. This started over a mix-up with Collymore thinking that Guardiola didn’t know who he was, and has snowballed from there.

The problem is that Manchester City are in some double sexy form, and that means Collymore really has to reach to give Guardiola a kicking. Still if you need something passing from a high shelf, Stan’s your man:

‘I even heard some Manchester City fans crowing, ‘We want to win games and win them well’. Which is rubbish – I don’t remember it being about style over substance for them two decades ago when they were scraping through third-tier finals at Wembley.

‘City just wanted to get up the leagues back then and they didn’t care how they did it. Yet here they are, 20 years and a billionaire sheikh later, basking in the gloriousness of life in Pepville.’

Yeah, the b*stards. Enjoying watching their team and everything.

‘It may well be pretty nice at the moment there but I will tell them this: If I was still a player I’d have been much happier with a 0-0 draw away from home against our biggest rivals than scoring seven but conceding two to a Stoke team who will finish in the bottom half of the table.’

Manchester City have beaten Stoke and Liverpool this season, Stan. United have beaten neither, albeit away from home. Are two points really better than six?

‘What did we actually learn about City at the weekend? Not a lot. We know they’ll score fives, sixes and sevens at times this season but we also know they’ll concede goals that, really, they shouldn’t.

‘It doesn’t matter if you win 10-4 or 1-0 you still earn the same number of points, but ultimately it will be the number of clean sheets you keep that win you the title.’

This is the gold stuff, really, so much so that you really do have to read that last line again: ‘Ultimately it will be the number of clean sheets you keep that win you the title.’

Mediawatch doesn’t like to be rude, but ‘ultimately’ it will be the number of points you take that will win you the title. We know that because in the last eight seasons, the team with the most points has won the title in every season. The team that has kept the most clean sheets has won the title in one of those eight seasons. Manchester United kept the most clean sheets last season and finished sixth.

‘What will determine Pep Guardiola’s success is not how they play, it’s whether or not they can get one more point than the team in second. That isn’t a given while they are conceding two goals in games against teams such as Stoke.’

Two things:

1) Manchester City scored seven times. How is that not the thing you’re focusing on here?
2) Manchester United, under your great hope Mourinho, conceded two sodding goals to Stoke. And they definitely didn’t score seven.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 2:36pm
Watching Final Score on the BBC, neither Kilbane, Webber or Jason Mohammad have a clue of the rules regarding red cards for denying goal scoring opportunities. It is incredibly frustrating.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:41am
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/1204/924959-dunphy-self-indulgent-pogba-far-from-world-class/
I'll stick this in here, mainly for Dunphy's comments on City's defence at Otamendi.
Otamendi has in the main been very good this season, as have the defence in general. Only 10 league goals conceded all season (United have conceded fewest with 9) and fewest shots conceded in the league.
I realise in the past few games the defence hasn't looked as good. I'd put some of that down to the absence of John Stones and the fact Mangala had to play on Sunday in case Kompany got a red card.

To say - "they must get a defence from somewhere, they don't have one", is simply laughable.

And that's without even going into the Pogba comments.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 05 Dec 2017 at 11:42am
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 2:15pm
Why oh why are people are interested in what Dunphy says

A) you should watch enough football to know if Dunphy is even remotely half
right about what anything he says

B) if you ignore A above then remember Dunphy said Ronaldo is overrated. Enough said.

Form your own opinions folks
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Why oh why are people are interested in what Dunphy says

A) you should watch enough football to know if Dunphy is even remotely half
right about what anything he says

B) if you ignore A above then remember Dunphy said Ronaldo is overrated. Enough said.

Form your own opinions folks
I think his exact comment was

'This fella Ronaldo is a cod' LOLClap
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 6:43pm

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/1204/924959-dunphy-self-indulgent-pogba-far-from-world-class/
I'll stick this in here, mainly for Dunphy's comments on City's defence at Otamendi.
Otamendi has in the main been very good this season, as have the defence in general. Only 10 league goals conceded all season (United have conceded fewest with 9) and fewest shots conceded in the league.
I realise in the past few games the defence hasn't looked as good. I'd put some of that down to the absence of John Stones and the fact Mangala had to play on Sunday in case Kompany got a red card.

To say - "they must get a defence from somewhere, they don't have one", is simply laughable.

And that's without even going into the Pogba comments.

Not saying I think Eamo has a clue buto the amount of ball City have is probably a far bigger driver of those stats than Otamendi

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/ballbesitz/wettbewerb/GB1
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:11pm
Yeah, he’s good on the ball and when you have so much possession he won’t have to do that much defending. He’s looked a well improved player this season due to that.

Pique and Alves aren’t the best defenders in the world but were very successful under Pep
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 5:23pm

Yeah, he’s good on the ball and when you have so much possession he won’t have to do that much defending. He’s looked a well improved player this season due to that.

Pique and Alves aren’t the best defenders in the world but were very successful under Pep

Bump
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 10:44am
Dunphy called it spot-on again in his Star column on Friday.
United the most likely winners as they were stronger at set pieces, Fellaini would be key, and Otamendi would be the weak link

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 12:39pm

Dunphy called it spot-on again in his Star column on Friday.
United the most likely winners as they were stronger at set pieces, Fellaini would be key, and Otamendi would be the weak link

LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic