Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=50354
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:51am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The lazy pundits thread
Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Subject: The lazy pundits thread
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 9:10am
A thread pointing out comments by people paid to talk about football, and either a lack of research due to laziness or basic lack of knowledge of the game makes them say stupid things. 

"Kolo Toure isn't marking here at all for the CSKA opener" - Liam Brady last night

"If they finish bottom of the group that'll be two years in a row that Pellegrini has done that with City" - Andy Gray on Talksport this morning 

Replies:
Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 11:25am
Couldn't get over Chippy last night saying; "the viewers at home won't understand, but..." when talking about Mourinho and his behaviour in Spain, or something of the like. Unbelievably patronising.

Think I'm done with RTE now. It's an absolute sham.

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 11:32am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Me too.
At this particular moment in time.

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Couldn't get over Chippy last night saying; "the viewers at home won't understand, but..." when talking about Mourinho and his behaviour in Spain, or something of the like. Unbelievably patronising.

Agreed. Felt like heading to Dublin just slap him

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 1:15pm
I actually had to rewind it and give it a listen another 2 times. Honestly couldn't believe my ears. I can't remember ever hearing something so condescending coming from a pundit.

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 5:51pm
My all-time favourite came from Charlie Nicholas "Tyne-Wear derby isn't a real derby"

Jeff Stelling nearly choked Big smile

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 9:16am
"Another Norwich City player, there must be something about playing for Norwich that means you can't get picked for Ireland"

Dunphy on Tuesday night when talking about Pilkington 

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

"Another Norwich City player, there must be something about playing for Norwich that means you can't get picked for Ireland"

Dunphy on Tuesday night when talking about Pilkington 

Darragh Maloney made a fairly half arsed attempt to correct him a minute or 2 later too

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2014 at 5:12pm
BBC's Garth Crooks playing down Lee Cattermole's performance on Saturday Embarrassed

Even the neutrals are calling him clueless for it

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2014 at 5:53pm
No fan of Cattermole usually but he was immense on Saturday. He was everywhere.

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 9:04pm
Another clanger for Charlie Nicholas LOL

Was asked to pick a best XI from using Man Utd and Liverpool players and the result was;
De Gea, Johnson, Rojo, Evans, Enrique, Carrick, Gerrard, Sterling, Herrara, RVP, Rooney.

No Di Maria? Embarrassed Glen Johnson? LOL

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 9:48am
On Talksport again (surprise surprise) Alan Brazils breakfast show - Him, Danny Murphy and Tony Cascarino discussing whether Toure and Bony will start against Chelsea as they are now out of the African Cup of Nations. 

A simple bit of research and look at the group table would tell you that all teams in the group are tied on 2 points with 1 game remaining. 

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 11:02am

On Talksport again (surprise surprise) Alan Brazils breakfast show - Him, Danny Murphy and Tony Cascarino discussing whether Toure and Bony will start against Chelsea as they are now out of the African Cup of Nations. 

A simple bit of research and look at the group table would tell you that all teams in the group are tied on 2 points with 1 game remaining. 

I heard that numpty Brazil saying early on this morning " Has the African Cup of Nations started yet."
Embarrassed

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 9:56am

Talksport again, surprise surprise.

Betting man from Coral who's on every morning was talking about odds on the West Ham game tonight. Micky Quinn asks blankly, who are they playing anyway? A good point by the coral man - do your research.

Then, when discussing Champions League betting the Coral man asks them who their tip is for this years tournament and says Brazil called it correct last year with Real. Brazil says Bayern, Quinn is asked and said no I think we are due an English winner of this competition, Brazil says well City are bound to look the strongest out of the English 4, Quinn says no I could see Jose giving it a good go.
He was amazed that United weren't in the CL this season when corrected on this, and he wasn't trying to be funny either or taking the p*ss.

This is a man paid money to talk about football on the radio.

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 1:20pm
How does anyone listen to Talksport?

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

With their ears I presume

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

With their ears I presume
That is the easy part, it is how the brain reacts when it hears Adrian Durham is the problem.................

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 11:00pm
Paul Merson today.

"I think Mustafi is a panic buy"

Jeff reminds him Graham Hunter(?) really rates him.

"Well its a fantastic signing"

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 1:47pm
Tony Cascarino and Dean Saunders on with Jim White on Talksport earlier.

Discussing Celtic match tonight for 5 minutes, then at the end White asks for a prediction, Cascarino (a former Celtic player) asks are they home or away tonight?

How about a bit of research Tony, no? Even have a newspaper or some sort of app or webpage with tonight's fixtures in front of you when discussing them?

Saunders then said he played at Celtic Park once and you can't hear yourself when you're on the pitch such is the noise from the stands, and the Moenchengladbach players won't know about that.

Yeah, because the noise levels and atmosphere at Celtic Park on a European night are never ever mentioned Dean.

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 1:58pm
Tony Cascarino, jesus wept.
When NTV done a poll years ago of the worst Celtic 11 of all time. Cas got enough votes to get into the team twice......

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:18pm
At half time tonight, Dunphy slates Barca and states that Messi is in decline. Less than 25 minutes later, Messi scores his third of the night and sixth goal in two Champions League matches this season.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:51pm
And after beating City 4-0, he says he can't see them winning the Champions League, with no reference to who he thinks can. Guffmeister.

-------------

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:54pm
He really does just make it up as he goes along doesn't he?

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 10:56pm

Dunphy whilst banging on about what a liability Bravo is, claims that when Pep was successful with Barca Victor Valdes never played out from the back.

"Valdes never did any of that messing"

Just retire you demented old Mala brain

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:18am
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/1024/826579-dunphy-manchester-united-need-a-couple-of-billion/" rel="nofollow - http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/1024/826579-dunphy-manchester-united-need-a-couple-of-billion/

LOL Eddie Howe is Dunphy's latest flavour of the month. He should be managing United and England

Someone needs to also point out to him that this United squad is the most costly ever assembled in football history. They've thrown hundreds of millions at it.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:51am
ffs LOL

If it was 10 years ago it'd be Paul Jewell

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:55am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

ffs LOL

If it was 10 years ago it'd be Paul Jewell

LOL

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 10:24am
No that was Giles favourite son. Giles would have walked 500 miles and he would have walked 500 more just to be the team that gets PJ as their manager

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 10:33am
That Giles-Jewell debacle was a bizarre period. Giles' only reasoning was because he was ultra-conservative in his interviews and he kept Wigan up. I remember the day well when they stayed up. It was only because Sheffield United couldnt hit a barn door against them. 

So basically he wanted Jewell because he never said anything controversial and because Danny Webber & Co were sh*te. 

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 10:35am
One line that grinds my gears is "He doesn't know his best 11". Always the sign of a pundit that has ran out of things to say.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 10:47am
Why do people listen to him really , ohhh his real name is Coco in case you didn't know .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 10:48am

Is it really that outrageous that United would beat City in a match, as Dunphy says at the end of that article?

I think in May only goal difference separated the two sides - 4th and 5th in the league, they both then got new managers, two of the most decorated in the game, who both had big rebuilding jobs on their hands, and spent over £160m each in the summer. The sides were then 1st and 2nd favourites with the bookies in August to win the league, narrowly separated with City 5/2 and United 11/4.

Its not as if it would be a giant killing act if United were to beat City.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 11:03am
Got the Chelsea prediction badly wrong but I think this is probably the best time for United to play City as they'll be fired up after that embarrassing defeat on Sunday. If I was a City fan I wouldn't fancy playing United away after they had a bad result. You can argue confidence will be low and United have a porous defense but I'd expect them to give City a tough game. Could well go into extra time.

I'd have City favourites but not clear  ones either for this tie.  

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 11:05am
It's the League Cup though. Nobody really gives a bollocks about it.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 11:12am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Got the Chelsea prediction badly wrong but I think this is probably the best time for United to play City as they'll be fired up after that embarrassing defeat on Sunday. If I was a City fan I wouldn't fancy playing United away after they had a bad result. You can argue confidence will be low and United have a porous defense but I'd expect them to give City a tough game. Could well go into extra time.

I'd have City favourites but not clear  ones either for this tie.  

That old cliche.

Do you really think Zlatan, Pogba, Martial etc give two f**ks about the League Cup?

Not to mention the laughing, joking, hugging etc after the game with the Chelsea players at the weekend?

I'm not picking on United solely here btw, the days of "being fired up" for the majority of players at the highest level are over unfortuntely, I see it with Sunderland players on a weekly basis they really don't give a f**k Dead

You would see a player from Luton Town being fired up to play Man United in a Cup Tie, but if you think Nolito or Kompany are fired up to play a group of lads they go for dinner and drinks with on a regular basis you would be very mistaken.

If it were a Championship League Quarter Final or a League decider I would say "yeah, they probably would be fired up" but a League Cup tie? No chance

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 11:14am
City are playing poorly, they don't look like scoring many goals in games recently. I would agree that its come at a good time for United to give them a big lift, back at Old Trafford under the lights after that thumping on Sunday.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 11:19am

City are playing poorly, they don't look like scoring many goals in games recently. I would agree that its come at a good time for United to give them a big lift, back at Old Trafford under the lights after that thumping on Sunday.

I disagree there, winning a game in the league cup even if it's against Citeh, won't go a long way to repairing the damage done from that embarrassing defeat on Sunday imo.

Sure it'll be nice to win, but not even the most arrogant manager on the planet could possibly think the general public are that naive to think everything is rosey if they win tomorrow. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 11:52am
Dunphy isn't actually far wrong about Eddie Howe mind...

He's viewed by many as the natural successor to Arsene Wenger, same style of football etc - Hence why Wenger recommended Wilshere went to Bournemouth.

Fantastic manager. Turned an absolute tinpot club into a club worth watching playing half-decent football without lumping millions at any random Joe Bloggs. Same goes with Dyche.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

He's viewed by many as the natural successor to Arsene Wenger, same style of football etc - Hence why Wenger recommended Wilshere went to Bournemouth.

Fantastic manager. Turned an absolute tinpot club into a club worth watching playing half-decent football without lumping millions at any random Joe Bloggs. Same goes with Dyche.
Can't recall at this moment but Burnley were going to get someone from Arsenal as we were in the same boat as above . Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder whatever happen to Owen Coyle anyway . LOLLOLLOL

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 1:38pm

Same could have gone for Brendan Rogers and DAvid Moyes too.

There's plenty of decent coaches that can get a team to play good football, until he's proven he can handle the egos of today's superstars he's totally unproven.

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Same could have gone for Brendan Rogers and DAvid Moyes too.

There's plenty of decent coaches that can get a team to play good football, until he's proven he can handle the egos of today's superstars he's totally unproven.

I wouldn't put Rogers in that boat. He did extremely well getting the best out of Suarez that season.

Worth nothing to Dunphy's point that Howe is joint favourite to be next Arsenal (7/1) or Man Utd (8/1) Manager which shows how highly rated he is. Dunphy really isn't wrong at all here.

But what's putting people off him as already explained, as to why he's not really in contention for the England job that he's not had to deal with World Class players and big ego's yet.

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 3:39pm

Its his tone though, his attitude is that Howe is a much better manager than Mourinho and Guardiola.

He's such a knee-jerk pundit.

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 6:38pm
2 billion pounds LOL Dunphy should be canonized LOL

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 8:26pm
Jamie Redknapp earlier during Southampton vs Chelsea.

Praising Victor Moses says he's upcoming English talent. He's 26 with 24 caps for Nigeria.

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 9:04am

Jamie Redknapp earlier during Southampton vs Chelsea.

Praising Victor Moses says he's upcoming English talent. He's 26 with 24 caps for Nigeria.

LOL

Posted By: Territorial
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 8:42pm
Mark Lawrenson:

Lawrenson has told BBC Sport that he thinks Arsenal will secure a convincing 2-0 win over Spurs on Sunday, in a result which would of course bring an end to Tottenham's unbeaten start to the Premier League season.
Lawrenson also believes that Tottenham face a difficult November as they face three London derbies as well as juggling their Champions League campaign, whilst adding that he doesn't think Harry Kane will start on Sunday.
“Arsenal already have the likes of Olivier Giroud and Aaron Ramsey available again and, apart from that blip when they were held at home by Middlesbrough, they are in excellent form.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/11/05/bbc-pundit-comments-on-spurs-chances-in-november-confidently-pre/

So let's see, Mark.

Spurs deservedly drew 1-1.

Harry Kane started (and scored).

Giroud and Ramsey both started on the bench.

Apart from that...

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 8:26pm
Paul Merson's 3 tips on who will win the FA cup this season.

Everton, Stoke or Bournemouth.

All knocked out by lower league opposition in the 3rd round, awkward LOL

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 11:15pm
Everton were knocked out by Leicester and they were his tips to win today not the cup outright.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 1:16pm
They don't know the rules here in the East Anglian derby

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 1:32pm

Go on...

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Go on...
About twenty slow motions of why Mitchell Dijks' 'goal' was disallowed when it clearly came off his hand followed by a debate on if the referee thought it was deliberate or not.Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 11:14pm
I would love to see a proper survey done on this but do people who watch a lot of sport on television feel there is a need for a 'colour commentator'? I watched 4   football games, as well as the extra time of Man. City vs Arsenal, and 2 rugby games over the weekend and between those 6 matches all these ex-pros did was irritate. They add absolutely nothing to the game and on the occasions when they have a decent commentator beside them all they do is disrupt his rhythm and flow.
I will give some credit to Glenn Hoddle as when is not contacting the next life can be very perceptive and shows a great understanding of the game, so BT stick 'Macca' next to him. Macca is a man who will use 300 words, often wrongly, where none will do and has an accent that means who have to really listen to hear him say nothing.
At one stage of the Chelsea vs. Spurs game Danny Murphy went on a rant about grass that left me wondering was he trying to give coded signals to his dealer, truly bizarre stuff but at least it broke up the monotony of him pointing out the obvious and getting excited every time Alli touched the ball.
How Andy Walker still gets work at Sky shows how little they care for the game in Scotland, he sounds as if he has just woken up from a coma to find out his family has died, again he is completely devoid of original thought or tactical input.
In Madrid we saw one of the great matches and occasions of the season and all we could get out of Gerry Armstrong was that he thinks that Messi is better than Ronaldo and that Paco Alcacer is quick, while starting and finishing most sentences with the words 'for me'.
And the problem really isn't just in football! While I enjoy Moore and Butler in the 6 nations the two games over the weekend reminded me what a rarity they are. We had 'Drico' and Ben Kay in Dublin yesterday and neither of them said anything of interest to anyone, apart from the odd joke about their playing days. They were nothing compared to the biggest plank on television, one Stuart Barnes. In between calling blatant cheating 'clever', cheating that basically  cost Leinster the game, he went off on one about how "appropriate" it was for Leinster fans to be singing about cockles and mussels in the city of Lyon. That's Lyon, 200 odd miles from the sea.
When you look back on old football and rugby commentary with one good commentator and no more, it was far more enjoyable. Some of the commentary on bet365, such as for the AFCON, is far easier to listen to than the money spent on ickle Mickey Owen and his chums spouting rubbish. Do people really need to be spoon-fed the obvious by a well known former player?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 11:29pm
Gerry Armstrong is the worst part of Spanish football on sky, hasn't a clue what he is saying most of the time and isn't too shy about showing his bias, Terry Gibson a much better co commentator.

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 11:31pm
Also kept mentioning that Marco Asenjio was from Mallorca, we get it Gerry you had a sh*te stint with Mallorca once upon a time.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 11:33pm
Well said PM,the waste majority of them are rubbish.
I often mute games on BT ,much easier than having to endure "Macca".He is by far the worst across any channel/sport.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 9:39am
Dunphy.

Enough said.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 9:31pm
Owen Hargreaves nearly as insufferable as Michael Owen these days.

Describes everything as 'Exceptional' 

Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 9:34pm

Owen Hargreaves nearly as insufferable as Michael Owen these days.

Describes everything as 'Exceptional' 

And why does he have an accent from South Bahstan. He sounds like little Marky Wahlberg. Hey, whatchu talkin about? Are you little Jimmy's brother?

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 8:52am
Dean Saunders and Alan Brazil discussing Jermain Defoe's move to Bournemouth this morning. They were agreeing that Man United should have come in for him, that £8m is amazing value and "who would you rather sign Defoe for £8m or somebody from Holland for £50m", he would score 20 goals at least for United next season, he trained with Spurs before moving to Sunderland and if Spurs had have signed him and added his 20 goals to Kane's goals they'd have won the league last year definitely
LOL

They do realise that Spurs played one up front last season, so it would be one or the other, Kane or Defoe, or else they'd have had to totally change the setup of the team. They think its as simple as adding 20+ goals to Spurs goals for column!

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 1:19pm
Sky have added Alan Pardew to their pundit team so getting this thread bumped nice and ready for him

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 1:24pm
The abuse he'll get if he does the Newcastle v Spurs game LOL

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 1:17pm
Is there any deadline for getting rid of Dunphy?

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 1:28pm
Cunningham's comments about Herrera last night were comical LOL

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 1:40pm
Gary Gillespie on Talksport just now referring to Hoffenheim as a Fairytale story. 

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Gary Gillespie on Talksport just now referring to Hoffenheim as a Fairytale story. 

Slight exaggeration but hes not wrong? From relegation playoffs to Champions League within a season with a 29 y/o Manager is some doing.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:38pm

Slight exaggeration but hes not wrong? From relegation playoffs to Champions League within a season with a 29 y/o Manager is some doing.
He was more commenting on the fact that they weren't in the Bundesliga 10 years ago. Was pretty clear he had no idea how they had ended up there.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:43pm
Imagine somebody on Talksport not having an idea! 

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:44pm

That's a fair comment !
I only usually listen at lunchtime when I'm taking a break as I like Hawksbee & Jacobs who are normally on at that time. Wouldn't really listen to any other shows as most of it is nonsense and the equivalent of tabloid journalism in my opinion.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:52pm

That's a fair comment !
I only usually listen at lunchtime when I'm taking a break as I like Hawksbee & Jacobs who are normally on at that time. Wouldn't really listen to any other shows as most of it is nonsense and the equivalent of tabloid journalism in my opinion.
Maybe they have improved, but the last time I heard that show it was embarrassing. A show for idiots, by idiots. 
Danny Kelly was the only one at that station who could be called terms like 'journalist' or 'broadcaster', is he still there?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:55pm

That's a fair comment !
Maybe they have improved, but the last time I heard that show it was embarrassing. A show for idiots, by idiots. 
Danny Kelly was the only one at that station who could be called terms like 'journalist' or 'broadcaster', is he still there?
Danny Kelly is still there and is excellent.
The reason I like Hawksbee and Jacobs is that it is precisely not a show for idiots and by idiots which makes it stand out from all of the other dross like Alan Brazil etc. They do know their stuff across a lot of sports and have interesting people on there (Lutz Pfannenstiel, for example is a regular on there). 

Posted By: mbyrne15
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 4:12pm
I listen to Talk Sport Drive mostly after work, it's a good listen until they run out of things to talk about, and then start saying ridiculous things just to try and get people to call in.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by mbyrne15 mbyrne15 wrote:

I listen to Talk Sport Drive mostly after work, it's a good listen until they run out of things to talk about, and then start saying ridiculous things just to try and get people to call in.

They had Sunderland and Ipswich both relegated from the Championship a few weeks ago before the season even started due to pre season friendly results.
Mick McCarthy wouldn't last too long this season according to Durham

Posted By: mbyrne15
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 5:39pm

Originally posted by mbyrne15 mbyrne15 wrote:

They had Sunderland and Ipswich both relegated from the Championship a few weeks ago before the season even started due to pre season friendly results.
Mick McCarthy wouldn't last too long this season according to Durham

Durham just loves to be Mr inflammatory. He loves a good block on Twitter when questioned

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 1:40pm
Mickey Owen is doing one of those adverts about being injured on work on the radio over here! "I know what it's like to be injured at work..."

How stuck is he for a few pound?

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 1:47pm

Mickey Owen is doing one of those adverts about being injured on work on the radio over here! "I know what it's like to be injured at work..."

How stuck is he for a few pound?

f**k OFF HE STILL GOT PAID 100k a week

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 11:28pm
Paul Merson klaxon !!!
Asked about Davison Sanchez signing for Spurs and delivered the ultimate typical Paul Merson response;

"I've never heard of him but I think he'll struggle in the Premier League. Spurs will get left behind because of signings like this"

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 1:01am

Paul Merson klaxon !!!
Asked about Davison Sanchez signing for Spurs and delivered the ultimate typical Paul Merson response;

"I've never heard of him but I think he'll struggle in the Premier League. Spurs will get left behind because of signings like this"

Jesus, you'd get more insightful and knowledgeable analysis from White Van Man down the pub!

That Sanchez, wot's he know 'bout premier league Jeff?

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: gazurtoids
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 12:05pm
Damien Duff....can't stand him, put you to sleep

Listen! .....I'm listening Duffer but it's all washing over me as I drift off

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 11:30am
"Celtic beat Barcelona 1-0 three years ago under Neil Lennon" - Dunphy last night
Try 2-1 and 6 years ago Eamonn

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 10:30pm
**Paul Merson Klaxon**

Just criticsed Barkley's rejection of Chelsea because you shouldn't live in Liverpool all your life. 

What a weapon LOL

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 10:31pm
Couldn't believe they all just ignored that remark. He's the gaffe king.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I THINK HE SAID YOU CAN'T LIVE IN LIVERPOOL ALL YOUR LIFE

-------------

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

That's what he said ok. I'm still trying to work out what that even means.

What's up with Kammy?He's very flat,it's like someone unplugged him. Maybe it's being in such close proximity to the merseisms.

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

What's up with Kammy?He's very flat,it's like someone unplugged him. Maybe it's being in such close proximity to the merseisms.

Think all those GAA videos he is doing has sucked the excitement out of him

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 11:12pm

Probably lives in Liverpool.

Posted By: TonyNotJack
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 11:22pm

Probably lives in Liverpool.

LOL

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 11:24pm
Chris Sutton trying his hardest to beat Paul Merson as the most embarrassing pundit on live TV.
Mark Chapman has had some appalling guests but he's gone as far telling Chris to stay quiet he's that bad.

He's arguing about the red card in the City/Liverpool game now he's arguing with himself about it. It's just 100% fake trying to get himself noticed.

I bet he argues everyday about the new £5 note.

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 11:44pm
Hes just a pain the arse to watch and listen to. Nothing worse that a 'pundit' that tries too hard to be heard.

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 11:46pm
Ritchie should have gone too by the letter of the law. Sutton talking a load of nonsense that Manes should be rescinded
Chapman making the best point that it can be accidental but still be a red card

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 11:53pm
I can understand Lineker's and Shearer's perspective as a striker your gut instinct is to go for that challenge in a 50/50 but you need to win it otherwise it's dangerous foul play.

The rule needs to be applied consistency also which makes the Ritchie decision unacceptable

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 12:04am
He's cringe to watch more often than not Sutton
Too confrontational

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 12:36am
Did ye see that new BT Sport ad with himself and savage and jenas in a therapy session. f**k me its beyond embarrasing. Who would think that was something which should be put out on tv.

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 8:11am
The whole Mané discussion is embarrassing. It's 100% a red card. It shouldn't even be up for debate. If you kick somebody in the head, at that force, with your studs showing there is no other outcome.

If it was Ederson came out and kicked Mané and no red card was forthcoming I have no doubt the same Liverpool fans who have the cheek to dispute the red card would be crying the victim and saying the refs are against them and he should have walked.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 8:29am
The issue is consistency.

You can't have Mane getting a straight red and then Richie walking away with a yellow.

Mane should have a strong case to get it rescinded.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 8:33am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You can't have Mane getting a straight red and then Richie walking away with a yellow.

How? John Moss was correct and applied the rules.

Just because a referee the next day failed to do this, doesn't mean that there's any chance the red card for Mane should be rescinded

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 8:43am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He has no case, if anything Ritchie's yellow should be upgraded but that won't happen.

If it was a slide tackle, eyes on the ball and 2 feet in the air, makes contact with the knee it's a red. Mane is no different.

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 9:05am
Exactly there is no case what so ever for getting it rescinded. The referee was 100% correct.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 9:43am
In the opening weeks of the season City have had players sent off, one for looking back at a player before backing into him, and the second for celebrating an injury time winner, yet there are calls to rescind a red card were a keeper was studded in the face and sent to hospital

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 10:01am

In the opening weeks of the season City have had players sent off, one for looking back at a player before backing into him, and the second for celebrating an injury time winner, yet there are calls to rescind a red card were a keeper was studded in the face and sent to hospital

LOLLOLLOLLOLEmbarrassed

Both incidents were second yellow cards and not straight reds so they can't be rescinded

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 10:18am
Smiley emoji boy is back

And neither can this be rescinded, as it was the correct call by the ref.  
My point is suck it up and get on with it (like the two incidents I talked about) and quit yapping about a correct decision

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net