You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Halloween thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

The 16 nearly 17 year old step son say he is staying in his friend's from school who is having a Halloween party in a different estate (not such a bad one one).
He is recently starting going out with a girl from one of the rougher estates.

Alarm bells going off in my head say he may be going to his friends but the Halloween party is likely in the rough estate. Or at least its going to be a party with people that he doesn't know and he has admitted that (and I know what it was like when my group came into contact with other groups of young fellas at parties, 50/50 would end up in a fight and even higher if in one of the rough estates).

Do you let him go and stay over (and likely out all night on drink and maybe worse with the reasoning we were all young once and got up to all sorts?
Or let him go and say you will collect him from said party at a reasonable time?
Banning hin completely not really fair I guess.
LOL Life catches up fast 

Indeed LOL

Not too long ago, Andy would be telling us about being at said party after a night down level 4
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 1:50pm
He’s definitely up to no good Andy,the classic I’m staying in a friends houseLOL  my lad is nearly 18,give me the days of them being in nappy’s back!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 2:11pm
Andy's stepson getting his nut. Clap
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 8:05pm
He is going but getting a lift home from a friends dad, apparently. 

What are the bets something goes wrong?

A) Phone dead and no sign of him and on a search party all evening until he comes through the door at 2am
B) Begs can he stay, gets someone on the phone pretending to be a parent and that he can stay.
C) phone call of him in tears needing to be come collected
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

The 16 nearly 17 year old step son say he is staying in his friend's from school who is having a Halloween party in a different estate (not such a bad one one).

Alarm bells going off in my head say he may be going to his friends but the Halloween party is likely in the rough estate. Or at least its going to be a party with people that he doesn't know and he has admitted that (and I know what it was like when my group came into contact with other groups of young fellas at parties, 50/50 would end up in a fight and even higher if in one of the rough estates).

Do you let him go and stay over (and likely out all night on drink and maybe worse with the reasoning we were all young once and got up to all sorts?
Or let him go and say you will collect him from said party at a reasonable time?
LOL Life catches up fast 

Indeed LOL

Not too long ago, Andy would be telling us about being at said party after a night down level 4

LOL
Won't say I am not jealous about the period of life he is starting off right now. The golden years.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 8:21pm

A) Phone dead and no sign of him and on a search party all evening until he comes through the door at 2am
B) Begs can he stay, gets someone on the phone pretending to be a parent and that he can stay.

B) That was me. I had a really mature sounding voice back then.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

B) That was me. I had a really mature sounding voice back then.
benjamin buttons
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 9:35pm

You're the adults, you set the rules. You pick a time and you pick him up or hes not going, end of story. Any pricking about and hes grounded.

My own parents at that age gave me a bit of freedom once I respected their rules. i.e they'd buy me a 4 pack of cans on the condition I drank no more and no spirits. I told them where I was actually going and be back when I was told. At 16/17 they had to drop me off and pick me up or I wast going. Though they were sound enough to park down the road out of view and let me walk down the road to them to save embarrassment.

Most my group of mates parents were like that, often we'd have gaff parties at Halloween or whatever with whoevers parents upstairs in the gaff but keeping out of the way and letting us do our own thing downstairs. Few cans, few games of FIFA/PES, few tunes and films or whatever. Everyone out by a set time.

Without it we'd have probably just have been sneaking out, or lying where we were going, getting blacked out drunk in a freezing cold field surrounded by all sorts of scummers.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 9:56pm
My oldest sister's friend told her parents she was staying at our house when she was really at a boy's house bom chicka wow wow. Cue her parents ringing our gaff to check on her to much hilarity.

Our neighbour, slightly older than me, who I grew up with was a lot like a young Andy growing up. Now he's a very mature and responsible parent/step-parent who's inherited same house. My older brother was at his house and said that this lad took the door off the oldest's bedroom to prevent her sneaking out/trust issues or some such. Seemed a bit excessive. Even moreso considering their living room stinks of weed.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 12:59pm

I feel like we need an update. 
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 9:49pm
DFB certainly had a busy evening hopefully the rain helped them big time. Trigboy Would be proud Clap

Edited by irelandfan - 31 Oct 2022 at 9:55pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

He is a lot more sensible and innocent than I was. 

Came home at reasonable time, only had a bottle 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 3:58am
Disappointed in him Andy? LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 9:06am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

DFB certainly had a busy evening hopefully the rain helped them big time. Trigboy Would be proud Clap
Haha the one night of the year that shower actually do a bit of work
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 10:48am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Disappointed in him Andy? LOL
Andy tossing and turning, wondering "did he get his drum roll or not?"
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 2:06pm

Stinky fingers? Used to love Halloween as a teenager/ early 20s
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Stinky fingers? Used to love Halloween as a teenager/ early 20s
Pardon? Knew a lad going to a disco who the bus driver bet couldn't get his Swiss roll. Came back on the bus and put his finger under the driver's nose.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Haha the one night of the year that shower actually do a bit of work

LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic