Posted By: The Count
Subject: The Halloween thread
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 7:33pm

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 7:36pm

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 9:21am
The amount of kids who knocked on the door last night that didn't dress up. A polite way of begging I thought.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 9:26am
Had about 20 kids knock. Serious bounty these days from door to door. 

I'd love to have given out monkey nuts and grapes.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 10:06am
Didn't get one last night at all , hey the weather was the pits Clap

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 12:22pm
Just the usual kids from the road knocked in. No randomers who you would sometimes get (people still knocking after 8 o clock  often travellers!). 
Think with the weather people just stuck to their main street which was good news for me.
Loads of goodies left over now to get rid of though

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 12:25pm
We'd 60 or 70, ran out of sweets in the end, was great to see, love seeing the kids in their costumes, all excited. 

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

We'd 60 or 70, ran out of sweets in the end, was great to see, love seeing the kids in their costumes, all excited. 

Creep. 

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Creep. 
LOL

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 1:04pm
we only had 2 knock in. Serious grub for me this week to get through 

-------------

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 1:14pm
Great to see some of the milfs in the neighbourhood dolled up last night for the trick or treating. I got a can from a neighbour too which was a bonus.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Creep. 
LOL

LOL

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 3:05pm
f**ker LOL

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 3:21pm
Serious numbers in th estate last night braving absolutely horrendous weather. Great buzz around the estate! Love Halloween! Must have had nearly 100 kids call

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 10:27am
The 16 nearly 17 year old step son say he is staying in his friend's from school who is having a Halloween party in a different estate (not such a bad one one).
He is recently starting going out with a girl from one of the rougher estates.

Alarm bells going off in my head say he may be going to his friends but the Halloween party is likely in the rough estate. Or at least its going to be a party with people that he doesn't know and he has admitted that (and I know what it was like when my group came into contact with other groups of young fellas at parties, 50/50 would end up in a fight and even higher if in one of the rough estates).

Do you let him go and stay over (and likely out all night on drink and maybe worse with the reasoning we were all young once and got up to all sorts?
Or let him go and say you will collect him from said party at a reasonable time?
Banning hin completely not really fair I guess.

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 10:38am
Best time of the year Clap

An IT marathon today. Just finished reading it for the first time. Stephen King is f**king insane

The long weekend making it feel a way longer event this year πŸ˜ƒ

-------------

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 10:43am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

The 16 nearly 17 year old step son say he is staying in his friend's from school who is having a Halloween party in a different estate (not such a bad one one).

Alarm bells going off in my head say he may be going to his friends but the Halloween party is likely in the rough estate. Or at least its going to be a party with people that he doesn't know and he has admitted that (and I know what it was like when my group came into contact with other groups of young fellas at parties, 50/50 would end up in a fight and even higher if in one of the rough estates).

Do you let him go and stay over (and likely out all night on drink and maybe worse with the reasoning we were all young once and got up to all sorts?
Or let him go and say you will collect him from said party at a reasonable time?
Let the lad get his Nat King, Andy.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 10:50am

LOL Life catches up fast 

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOL Life catches up fast 

Indeed LOL

Not too long ago, Andy would be telling us about being at said party after a night down level 4

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 1:50pm
He’s definitely up to no good Andy,the classic I’m staying in a friends houseLOL  my lad is nearly 18,give me the days of them being in nappy’s back!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 2:11pm
Andy's stepson getting his nut. Clap

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 8:05pm
He is going but getting a lift home from a friends dad, apparently. 

What are the bets something goes wrong?

A) Phone dead and no sign of him and on a search party all evening until he comes through the door at 2am
B) Begs can he stay, gets someone on the phone pretending to be a parent and that he can stay.
C) phone call of him in tears needing to be come collected

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

LOL Life catches up fast 

Indeed LOL

Not too long ago, Andy would be telling us about being at said party after a night down level 4

LOL
Won't say I am not jealous about the period of life he is starting off right now. The golden years.

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 8:21pm

A) Phone dead and no sign of him and on a search party all evening until he comes through the door at 2am
B) Begs can he stay, gets someone on the phone pretending to be a parent and that he can stay.

B) That was me. I had a really mature sounding voice back then.

-------------

Posted By: Dalymount79
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

B) That was me. I had a really mature sounding voice back then.
benjamin buttons

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 9:35pm

You're the adults, you set the rules. You pick a time and you pick him up or hes not going, end of story. Any pricking about and hes grounded.

My own parents at that age gave me a bit of freedom once I respected their rules. i.e they'd buy me a 4 pack of cans on the condition I drank no more and no spirits. I told them where I was actually going and be back when I was told. At 16/17 they had to drop me off and pick me up or I wast going. Though they were sound enough to park down the road out of view and let me walk down the road to them to save embarrassment.

Most my group of mates parents were like that, often we'd have gaff parties at Halloween or whatever with whoevers parents upstairs in the gaff but keeping out of the way and letting us do our own thing downstairs. Few cans, few games of FIFA/PES, few tunes and films or whatever. Everyone out by a set time.

Without it we'd have probably just have been sneaking out, or lying where we were going, getting blacked out drunk in a freezing cold field surrounded by all sorts of scummers.

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 9:56pm
My oldest sister's friend told her parents she was staying at our house when she was really at a boy's house bom chicka wow wow. Cue her parents ringing our gaff to check on her to much hilarity.

Our neighbour, slightly older than me, who I grew up with was a lot like a young Andy growing up. Now he's a very mature and responsible parent/step-parent who's inherited same house. My older brother was at his house and said that this lad took the door off the oldest's bedroom to prevent her sneaking out/trust issues or some such. Seemed a bit excessive. Even moreso considering their living room stinks of weed.

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 12:59pm

I feel like we need an update. 

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 9:49pm
DFB certainly had a busy evening hopefully the rain helped them big time. Trigboy Would be proud Clap

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

He is a lot more sensible and innocent than I was. 

Came home at reasonable time, only had a bottle 

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 3:58am
Disappointed in him Andy? LOL

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: Trigboy 10
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 9:06am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

DFB certainly had a busy evening hopefully the rain helped them big time. Trigboy Would be proud Clap
Haha the one night of the year that shower actually do a bit of work

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 10:48am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Disappointed in him Andy? LOL
Andy tossing and turning, wondering "did he get his drum roll or not?"

-------------

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 2:06pm

Stinky fingers? Used to love Halloween as a teenager/ early 20s

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Stinky fingers? Used to love Halloween as a teenager/ early 20s
Pardon? Knew a lad going to a disco who the bus driver bet couldn't get his Swiss roll. Came back on the bus and put his finger under the driver's nose.

-------------

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Haha the one night of the year that shower actually do a bit of work

LOL

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2023 at 11:56pm
Hard to believe it's that time of year again

Sweets ready to go for trick or treaters. Dawn of the Dead, Ring, Blair With and Lost Boys lined up from the minute I'm home from work

Love it Clap

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 12:00am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Sweets ready to go for trick or treaters. Dawn of the Dead, Ring, Blair With and Lost Boys lined up from the minute I'm home from work

Love it Clap

I have some full match DVDs of EIRE under Stephen Kenny to scare me

EIRE v Luxembourg
EIRE v Armenia
EIRE v Greece 1 and the sequel

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 1:16am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Love it Clap

I have some full match DVDs of EIRE under Stephen Kenny to scare me

EIRE v Luxembourg
EIRE v Armenia
EIRE v Greece 1 and the sequel

HERE'S KENNY

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 4:21am
What is the Halloween equivalent of β€˜bah humbug’ ? 

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 7:04am
Halloween Thumbs Down

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 8:18am
Quietest buildup in years here, been very little fire works going off 

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 8:54am
Kids are past it now, we would have always made a big deal out of it, but not any more.

The wife didn't get any treats in. I'm thinking WTF am I going to to do from 5pm to 9pm today.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

What is the Halloween equivalent of β€˜bah humbug’ ? 
If there was a Halloween version of Scrooge, I would definitely be 1 of them. Clap

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 9:34am
I'd easily swap Halloween for Christmas. 

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 10:01am
Used to love it in Tallaght back in the day.  The bonfires were top class.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 10:30am
Their very traditional in Darndale, they usually torch something most nights.

Going out for a nice autumn stroll at sunset only to see a Z type Honda civic burning down the end of your road.

Bliss.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 10:58am

Quietest buildup in years here, been very little fire works going off 

Noticed that this year. Even the shops and the houses arent done up as much. Last year at the start of October there seemed to be loads of talk of Halloween, this year was much later. Maybe people were mad to celebrate anything after covid and after last year they realised unless you are under 12 years old Halloween is a load of sh*teLOL

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 3:52pm
The father in law is saying the exact opposite.
'They've going way over board with Halloween these days, it's nearly as big as Christmas'. 
Yes you've said it 4 times already.

Hate it with the dogs, they've been going mental barking since the start of October with the fireworks and bangers.

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 4:28pm
Given how connected the history and culture of this country is to the origins of Samhain/Halloween,  I've always found it strange that the government has never really tried to capitalise on it from a tourism perspective, ala Paddys Day/Week.

Yes, modern Halloween is very much an Americanised holiday, but it's roots are here 

-------------

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 5:08pm

Given how connected the history and culture of this country is to the origins of Samhain/Halloween,  I've always found it strange that the government has never really tried to capitalise on it from a tourism perspective, ala Paddys Day/Week.

Yes, modern Halloween is very much an Americanised holiday, but it's roots are here 

Theres loads of festival and parades on around the country.

Puca fest in Meath, Samhain in Limerick, Bram Stoker in Dublin, Macnas Parades in Galway and Dublin and other counties.

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 5:49pm
Bonfire in my estateClap

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 6:47pm

Micheal Myers is from The EIREClap

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 8:17pm
Bangers Angry fireworks with a bang Disapprove fireworks with that soft whoosh or crackle Clap

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 8:29pm
Lovely packet of monster munch from the kids stash πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 11:50pm
I saw some horror film when I was about 5 or 6 and the memory of it still sticks in my head.  I have no idea what film it is though.  I specifically remember some special needs child was in the hospital and during the night some sort of evil spirit or ghost appeared outside his window and lured him to the window and I cant remember but he died by either falling out the window or the ghost killed him.

Then another scene in the film is they are at the graveyard (I guess for his funeral) and then the wind started howling out of nowhere.

It was an American film.

Anyone any guess what film it was?

-------------

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 12:38am

I saw some horror film when I was about 5 or 6 and the memory of it still sticks in my head.Β  I have no idea what film it is though.Β  I specifically remember some special needs child was in the hospital and during the night some sort of evil spirit or ghost appeared outside his window and lured him to the window and I cant remember but he died by either falling out the window or the ghost killed him.

Then another scene in the film is they are at the graveyard (I guess for his funeral) and then the wind started howling out of nowhere.

It was an American film.

That was just a dream. It'll be grand. I watched a new Argentinian horror called When Evil Lurks over the weekend. It's not the scariest movie I've ever seen but there were a couple of moments that (literally) had my head in my hands. Good aul film.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I saw some horror film when I was about 5 or 6 and the memory of it still sticks in my head.  I have no idea what film it is though.  I specifically remember some special needs child was in the hospital and during the night some sort of evil spirit or ghost appeared outside his window and lured him to the window and I cant remember but he died by either falling out the window or the ghost killed him.

It was an American film.

That was just a dream. It'll be grand. I watched a new Argentinian horror called When Evil Lurks over the weekend. It's not the scariest movie I've ever seen but there were a couple of moments that (literally) had my head in my hands. Good aul film.

LOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Walkers or those fake Monstor claws things from Lidl/Aldi?

Love the Walkers ones myself

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 11:35am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Bonfire in my estateClap

I remember when they used to start lighting them in August up there in the run up! How is the community morale since the Bog closed?

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 11:47am

actually the original which are now
Called mighty munch from Tayto.  

Meanies and banshee bones came in the door too πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 12:08pm

Monster Munch were always Tayto though right?

I know Banshee Bones were Perri but they were bought out by Tayto hence they are now Tayto maybe Monster Munch were similar 

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 12:11pm
One thing I've noticed the last few years is the brass of some people trick or treating coming home last I seen a few cars park up at top of road and a bunch of kids and parents who I've never seen on the road get out go down the road, no doubt getting into their car and onto the next estate after.

Seriously in my day you knocked on the doors of the people on the road you knew that's it

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 12:22pm
It was always ''help the Halloween Party'' when I was a jung fella not ''trick or treat'.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 12:25pm

It was always ''help the Halloween Party'' when I was a jung fella not ''trick or treat'.

Genuinely never heard of this before? Is it a culchie thing?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 12:47pm

Ah well then call them Might Munch. Also a fine crisp. But still not as nice as the original Tayto Monstor Munch in yellow pack 

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 12:48pm

I think when I was very young going around with parents we used this

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 1:07pm

Ah well then call them Might Munch. Also a fine crisp. But still not as nice as the original Tayto Monstor Munch in yellow pack 

Mighty much are the original monster munch in Ireland.  They were forced to change the name of them when Walkers came into the market and messed it all up.  Tayto are the original and the Irish brand.  Just like James McClean I am not going to flip πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Help the Halloween party was prevalent in Dublin too in the 80s. Trick or treat is an American thing.  Also when we were younger we had to sing or say a poem, we just didn’t stick our hand out.   We all sang darling Nikki by prince πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

One thing I've noticed the last few years is the brass of some people trick or treating coming home last I seen a few cars park up at top of road and a bunch of kids and parents who I've never seen on the road get out go down the road, no doubt getting into their car and onto the next estate after.

Seriously in my day you knocked on the doors of the people on the road you knew that's it

We had a family of travellers knock on our door last night and one of their kids was 3 weeks old all dressed up. Genuinely couldn't believe it LOL

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 2:04pm

I think when I was very young going around with parents we used this

Don;t know.  I grew up in the projects of west Dublin.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

We had a family of travellers knock on our door last night and one of their kids was 3 weeks old all dressed up. Genuinely couldn't believe it LOL

Loads of Travellers would usually come around our estate, literally bailing out of the back of a hiace van LOL

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 2:44pm
Would rarely eat sweet\crisps and don't eat chocolate but.

Ate 6 packet of crisps, 25 small bars of chocolate and a good few refresher bars and some other bags of jellies last night. Sick as a small hospital going to bed.

That's my sweet blow out until Chrimbo.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 2:46pm

Same for me.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Would rarely eat sweet\crisps and don't eat chocolate but.

Ate 6 packet of crisps, 25 small bars of chocolate and a good few refresher bars and some other bags of jellies last night. Sick as a small hospital going to bed.

That's my sweet blow out until Chrimbo.

6 packs of crisps and 25 bars?! 

How the fook did you manage to eat all that. LOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 2:59pm
Miniature bars over the course of the day.

A guy I work with said he ate I think it was 5kg of chocolate in 1 day - he was sick for a few days,

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 3:07pm
Fella I used to play football with had an awful addiction to chocolate. Used to buy a tub of Celebrations on his way home from work and eat the entire tub in his car outside his gaf before going in to the kids LOL

Needless to say he was on the bench most weeks 

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 3:42pm
I wasn't far off that either to be fair. I would have easily ate a 200g bar of chocolate every day.

I stopped that and gave up chocolate about 3 years ago - will eat it 2/3 times a year now. Yesterday was my blow out until Christmas.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Same for me.
Me bollox. You lot out there said gimme some f**king sweets or I’ll do your windows in

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzHQeJMvnT2/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net