You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The First Division Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 182>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 10:35pm
Dunno what to make of Shels Bray, we could've won it, draw probably fair

Few Shels fans I talked to wanted Morris out and Mahdy playing, why isn't he getting his game? 
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 11:04pm
yet again we lose against a team we should be beating . Massive support in Athlone .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 4:09am
Big result for Doolin's first game in charge. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Big result for Doolin's first game in charge. 

I know a lad playing for athlone...says doolin came in all guns blazing and tore shreads off them in his first training session...seems to have worked.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 6:22am
It's mental that he's been out of management in the league for 12 years. He'll have huge standards that will be demanding for the players and board. It'll either end in a promotion next season or he'll be gone by the mid-season break next year.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 9:44am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

It's mental that he's been out of management in the league for 12 years. He'll have huge standards that will be demanding for the players and board. It'll either end in a promotion next season or he'll be gone by the mid-season break next year.

100%.....he was doing a bit with swords Celtic,so that shows his fall out of the game here.I personally think he’s a brilliant appointment,his player knowledge could be the difference in getting them up...it’ll be the board at athlone that’ll probably be his biggest challenge.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 11:29am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Dunno what to make of Shels Bray, we could've won it, draw probably fair

Few Shels fans I talked to wanted Morris out and Mahdy playing, why isn't he getting his game? 

Only seeing this now. Morris has never really been a popular appointment, in spite of winning the 1st division 2 years ago. His style of play can be quite defensive and tough to watch, and his in game management is at times very questionable. Take the last 4 games for example - Mahdy has been on the bench and in each games we've needed a goal, yet he didn't bring him on. No idea why, but Mahdy was shaking his head warming up for the last 10 mins of the Bray game as if he knew he wasn't coming on.

A lot of fans have almost been waiting on the results to dip to start the Morris out rumblings again. Personally, I'm 50/50 on him. In his interviews it's clear he's done his research on the opposition and clearly works very hard. But with the players at his disposal we really should be more attractive to watch that we have been in most of the games this season.
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 8:30am
We had a ref last night against Galway who I'm told was doing his second game at LOI level. It will probably be his last.

Sent a Rams player off for two yellows. The first yellow wasn't even a free. Missed about 4 or 5 handball for both sides. Missed a blatant push in the penalty area in injury time. Failed to book a single Galway player for time wasting despite going to the keeper on three separate occasions and speaking to him about it. 

The standard in this league is truly abysmal. Ouch
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 12:44am
Pretty sh*t game in Galway, dunno why I bothered going, bollocks of a drive home too. 

Galway and UCD look to be far ahead of ourselves and Treaty, albeit Longford looked by far the weakest last year, so who knows. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 1:51pm

Pretty sh*t game in Galway, dunno why I bothered going, bollocks of a drive home too. 

Galway and UCD look to be far ahead of ourselves and Treaty, albeit Longford looked by far the weakest last year, so who knows. 
Yer poor game indeed , i do think Bray could have had two pens , but very good atmosphere from the kids in the old stand you would have to say . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 11:32pm
Galway Bray
UCD Treaty 

Would fancy Galway and UCD to win comfortably enough, never know with UCD or Treaty though. 

We were embarrassing tonight. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 11:43am

Galway Bray
UCD Treaty 

Would fancy Galway and UCD to win comfortably enough, never know with UCD or Treaty though. 

We were embarrassing tonight. 
I think the Bray v United game will be a lot closer than you think .
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 10:21pm
daire Doyle gone from longford town. 2 wins from 33 games. Should have gone months ago. Will Aodh Dervin Stay? To be honest hope not he owes us nothing. Go on my son get out there and see the big world. And we will be here in 10/15 years and you can come back and manage us. Thanks Aodh.
alive and kicking
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 11:41am
3,500 sold for Terryland tomorrow already, some going 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 12:33pm

3,500 sold for Terryland tomorrow already, some going 
Got a text saying only 1000 left , the club has taken off of late .
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 12:35pm
[QUOTE=nvidic]3,500 sold for Terryland tomorrow already, some going [/QUOTE
Should be a fantastic atmosphere. Really looking forward to heading to Terryland tomorrow for this one . Cmon Galway 
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 9:50pm
Looking from afar it seems like a real under achievement from Galway not to make it to play a prem team in a decider 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 10:31pm
That's my best day supporting Bray since I've started going. Playing a better team, manager got the tactics right, good goal, and on we go.

UCD will be a very different test now 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 182>
  Share Topic