You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The First Division Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 182>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 10:51pm
How in the name of God did Athlone Town get a Premier division licence?
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Sponsored Links

kessler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:08pm
It's probably the first time in a few years that I've a bit of realistic optimism for Shels this season. Heary has had some time to get things settled and seems to have assembled a decent squad with most signing early enough. A few years ago, we barely made any signings before January/February. The format last season meant there was never much chance of anything but I expect us to be in the mix with the promotion spots this season. Apparently the debt issue is finally being resolved now too which would be great news for the future of the club. There were issues with fans boycotting last season over Dalymount but hopefully, if everyone gets on the same page this season, we can give it a decent go.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:45pm
How would anybody know if Shels had a boycott?
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 1:37pm
Won't find a better podcast than this one with regards to the first division.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Won't find a better podcast than this one with regards to the first division.
Thanks Waxie Wink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:12pm
Drogs game off. Bad lighting
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:19pm

Edited by ripbomb - 23 Feb 2018 at 8:45pm
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:35pm

Picture from Drogheda absolute joke there's not enough bulbs in the floodlights should that not be checked during the checks for the licenses
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 9:06pm
Farcical. One of the main criteria for licensing is the floodlights. The licensing system once again shown up for the farce it is.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 12:35pm
Galway Utd off to a flying start hammering Athlone. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Farcical. One of the main criteria for licensing is the floodlights. The licensing system once again shown up for the farce it is.

Whatever about an electrical fault, not having enough bulbs in the floodlights is an absolute joke. Farcical is the exact word to describe it.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Whatever about an electrical fault, not having enough bulbs in the floodlights is an absolute joke. Farcical is the exact word to describe it.

Ramblers were adjudged last year during the licensing assessment to have malfunctioning lights (ie light bulbs that were out) and were told to play their first three home games in the afternoon as a result.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 5:36pm
Game is changed to a monday in March...f**k off
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

What kind of decision is thst ffs how many of the harps players will need to take another day of work.

I hope the fai insisting Drogheda have the floodlights up to standard before next home game
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

What kind of decision is thst ffs how many of the harps players will need to take another day of work.

I hope the fai insisting Drogheda have the floodlights up to standard before next home game

They tweeted after the incident that new ones have been ordered & will be ready to go soon. We’ll wait & see.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 8:08pm
Ramblers game vs Galway moved to 3pm next Saturday meaning the lights are fecked again

Edited by ShamtheRam - 25 Feb 2018 at 8:08pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

They tweeted after the incident that new ones have been ordered & will be ready to go soon. We’ll wait & see.

playing next home game at 3pm sunday 11th.
yeah the harps game should be on a sunday too...
I think we have a lenster cup or league cup game moved to away as well
Come on Irelind
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

playing next home game at 3pm sunday 11th.
yeah the harps game should be on a sunday too...
I think we have a lenster cup or league cup game moved to away as well
Harps game should have been reversed...or at the very least moved to a weekend if possible or a bank holiday Monday. Also will be going into our first game now without any competitive football. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 182>
  Share Topic