You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The crowd tonight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The crowd tonight
    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 9:55pm
Tonight was brutal, lads in and out for pints, lads turning up 20 minds late not knowing where they were going, lads tumbling about hammered, people in Ronaldo scarfs, fight up by us, young lad after abusing a homeless lad there, called him out on it and he said but your man was Romanian.

Not an enjoyable night 
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 9:58pm
Big name teams always bring out the absolute arseholes. You won't see them lads until the next qualifiers for the Euros I'd say but only so long as we draw a big name team. Not a big enough name to draw them in the Nations League which is probably a blessing  

Edited by Denis Irwin - 11 Nov 2021 at 9:59pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:04pm
defo you are right there. Hated the booing of ronaldo also, that’s the English way of fans - abuse the opposition. 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

defo you are right there. Hated the booing of ronaldo also, that’s the English way of fans - abuse the opposition. 

That was really annoying. He usually thrives off that kind of behaviour.  
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Tonight was brutal, lads in and out for pints, lads turning up 20 minds late not knowing where they were going, lads tumbling about hammered, people in Ronaldo scarfs, fight up by us, young lad after abusing a homeless lad there, called him out on it and he said but your man was Romanian.

Not an enjoyable night 

There was a load of event junkies which is why the atmosphere was sh*te. The atmosphere was better the last two games with half the crowd their tonight.

I could not hate the pints at your seats more. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 10:50pm
Seat nazis out in force in 114 too.
Danger here, OH NO
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 11:55pm
Was grand where I was. Didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. An enjoyable night.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:26am
It was terrible.  How people can’t make it in one time for 7.45 kick off is beyond me. And this bringing drink to you seat is a disaster. C*nts up every few minutes for a drink. Lad beside me came in 15 minutes late. First time he done was called Ronaldo a prick and gave the w**ker sign. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:50am
grand where I was as well and the drinking at the seat I thought was nice addition. I was driving so just had one but was nice to just have a pint under your seat to sip away at in between plays
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:53am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

grand where I was as well and the drinking at the seat I thought was nice addition. I was driving so just had one but was nice to just have a pint under your seat to sip away at in between plays

One and you're over the limit if you're pulled over, no?
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:59am
Thought the atmosphere was great . Saw no hassle and didn’t see f**k all people in and out for pints as you suggestv
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:59am
Not unless you had no food and they pulled you over right after drinking it. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 1:15am
Was absolutely dreadful where I was. Upper 505,close to the entrance

People coming in 20 mins late, wandering around, blocking everyone's view. And constant streams of people getting drink. It was awful annoying to be fair 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 1:16am
Unfortunately didn’t get to go this evening but what’s the story with all the signs looking for jerseys? This is a new thing now is it? Atmosphere seemed good on tv but they mentioned young lads breaking out onto the pitch at the end, more lads looking for jerseys? Saw pictures online of lads in Ronaldo scarves as well - what the hell was that about? Reminded me of the League of Ireland v Man Utd game to open the Aviva back in 2010. I knew one of the lads playing for LOI and when we were shouting encouragement after he nailed Michael Owen with a tackle a fella in full Man Utd gear threatened to knock my head off for upsetting his two sons. The sons were about 15. 
David McWilliams View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 1:39am
Watching it from abroad, atmosphere seemed electric. Fantastic lights display beforehand, Carnival de Paris afterwards. Good chanting, smoke, flares and the tifos and displays were on point. Seemed like a proper game and one I really miss living abroad. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:54am
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Unfortunately didn’t get to go this evening but what’s the story with all the signs looking for jerseys? This is a new thing now is it? Atmosphere seemed good on tv but they mentioned young lads breaking out onto the pitch at the end, more lads looking for jerseys? Saw pictures online of lads in Ronaldo scarves as well - what the hell was that about? Reminded me of the League of Ireland v Man Utd game to open the Aviva back in 2010. I knew one of the lads playing for LOI and when we were shouting encouragement after he nailed Michael Owen with a tackle a fella in full Man Utd gear threatened to knock my head off for upsetting his two sons. The sons were about 15. 
the last bitLOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 8:57am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Was grand where I was. Didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. An enjoyable night.

Id say we didn't go five minutes without someone getting up to talk by us, saw about half of the first 20 mins with people late 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 9:09am
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

I understand the sign thing if you are a little kid but seeing grown adults with the signs is very lame alright and does appear to be becoming very common now. Was pitch side at the Qatar game and there whole front row after the whistle was flooded with people with signs, mostly kids but some adults.

The little girl who ran on to get the Ronaldo jersey has set a precedent now for the future, f**k the signs LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic