You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The CRISC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The CRISC Thread
    Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:04am
it's best to have a different thread as it's detracting away from the JD one
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:13am
Great bunch of lads Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:15am
Is everyone allow to post in this thread or is it just for CRISC members only ???
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:18am
Has anyone heard officially that CO88 have left CRISC and why?

In CO88 and there hasn't been one comment or statement from them on any of the issues.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:24am
GF and GS are both holidaying together in Mosney with the €10 sign up fee from its members 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:26am
Sorry lads. You can’t post here if you have no wristbands. You need to contact your supporters clubWink
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Is everyone allow to post in this thread or is it just for CRISC members only ???

LOL

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:28am
Any spare tickets?
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Any spare tickets?
I heard Wexford have a few on Donedeal
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:46am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

GF and GS are both holidaying together in Mosney with the €10 sign up fee from its members 

LOLLOLLOL
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 11:01am
Is their awards night still going ahead?
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 11:56am

This is my personal opinion not that of Class of 88.

Class of 88 was setup to obtain tickets for members when the FAI indicated they’d rather deal with groups than individuals.  The club does not issue statements or take positions on anything.  There are a variety of different opinions within the club.  There are many many different views on a whole variety of issues.  There are no functions organsied like some other clubs eg London.  There is no transport organised to games.  The club has one function which is to get tickets for members.  If a universal scheme is implemented then the club will cease to exist.

Tickets are allocated broadly in line with the FAI’s system of games attended.  The rules were published to members and agreed at the AGM.  There is no advantage to being on the committee or doing volunteer work. 

I’m pretty certain no member has been disadvantaged by being a member.  The story re somebody who missed one game and being a denied a ticket is simply false.  I have seen members who were allocated a ticket ask on here and on social media for a ticket implying they don’t have a ticket.  I’m also aware of a story that I was denied a ticket for a high profile game.  I think it was Denmark but can’t recall for sure but a prominent member of another club even asked me about it.  It wasn’t true.  I’ve no idea where the story came from as I wasn’t even asking for a ticket anywhere for anyone else. 

Other clubs have different ways of allocating tickets.  Indeed I’m aware of SCs for British clubs here that also use widely different schemes. 

I’m not aware of any Cof88 tickets going wrong.  Happy to investigate if anybody wants to provide info via PM.  However I suspect some if not all of these stories are false and frankly made up by people deliberately trying to stir things up.   I know tickets were extremely tight for some games and there was a concern that members could have been actually disadvantaged by being a member.  So there would be little opportunity for tickets to go wrong.     

I cannot comment on the CRISC story but frankly there is a lot of rubbish on here.  There is a lot more to this than meets the eye.  I suspect some of those commenting know that. 

Tickets are normally distributed in country on the day before or matchday thus greatly reducing the risk of harvesting or tickets being passed on. 

I know many members of SCs and independent fans.  I really don’t think it should be one v the other.

It may be an unpopular opinion but by and large the FAI Ticket Office do a great job in allocating tickets.  Football fans are far better served than their rugby or GAA equivalents.    

Personally I’d have no problem with a universal scheme like Scotland or England.  However personally  I don’t want to pay for it.  I suspect however that is what will happen.  Demand and membership has dropped considerably in these schemes.  England failed to sell their allocation for the last World Cup or the forthcoming Nations League.   Such a scheme will most likely cost 50-75 euro per annum.  I imagine some of those screaming the loudest wouldn’t even join in that scenario.    

ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:12pm
Good post Gary and I definitely know as with you there are no hidden agendas just support for our national team and best for all Irish fans.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Class of 88 was setup to obtain tickets for members when the FAI indicated they’d rather deal with groups than individuals.  The club does not issue statements or take positions on anything.  There are a variety of different opinions within the club.  There are many many different views on a whole variety of issues.  There are no functions organsied like some other clubs eg London.  There is no transport organised to games.  The club has one function which is to get tickets for members.  If a universal scheme is implemented then the club will cease to exist.

Tickets are allocated broadly in line with the FAI’s system of games attended.  The rules were published to members and agreed at the AGM.  There is no advantage to being on the committee or doing volunteer work. 

I’m pretty certain no member has been disadvantaged by being a member.  The story re somebody who missed one game and being a denied a ticket is simply false.  I have seen members who were allocated a ticket ask on here and on social media for a ticket implying they don’t have a ticket.  I’m also aware of a story that I was denied a ticket for a high profile game.  I think it was Denmark but can’t recall for sure but a prominent member of another club even asked me about it.  It wasn’t true.  I’ve no idea where the story came from as I wasn’t even asking for a ticket anywhere for anyone else. 

Other clubs have different ways of allocating tickets.  Indeed I’m aware of SCs for British clubs here that also use widely different schemes. 

I’m not aware of any Cof88 tickets going wrong.  Happy to investigate if anybody wants to provide info via PM.  However I suspect some if not all of these stories are false and frankly made up by people deliberately trying to stir things up.   I know tickets were extremely tight for some games and there was a concern that members could have been actually disadvantaged by being a member.  So there would be little opportunity for tickets to go wrong.     

I cannot comment on the CRISC story but frankly there is a lot of rubbish on here.  There is a lot more to this than meets the eye.  I suspect some of those commenting know that. 

Tickets are normally distributed in country on the day before or matchday thus greatly reducing the risk of harvesting or tickets being passed on. 

I know many members of SCs and independent fans.  I really don’t think it should be one v the other.

It may be an unpopular opinion but by and large the FAI Ticket Office do a great job in allocating tickets.  Football fans are far better served than their rugby or GAA equivalents.    

Personally I’d have no problem with a universal scheme like Scotland or England.  However personally  I don’t want to pay for it.  I suspect however that is what will happen.  Demand and membership has dropped considerably in these schemes.  England failed to sell their allocation for the last World Cup or the forthcoming Nations League.   Such a scheme will most likely cost 50-75 euro per annum.  I imagine some of those screaming the loudest wouldn’t even join in that scenario.    

Was it not set up as a travel club when it was originally advertised here?

The TO does a good job ,its what happens to tickets when they go to SC that is the issue.

Wasnt there a fee to join CO88 ?

Where have you gotten a figure of €50-75 per annum for a scheme ?

Edited by rossieman - 09 May 2019 at 12:14pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Is their awards night still going ahead?

Jim Royle impersonator has a another gig that night so they have rescheduled it for when the circus isn’t in town 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:28pm
The ticket office are brilliant but have their hands tied behind their backs. No secret deals for anyone or any group in the future is what they want.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

The TO does a good job ,its what happens to tickets when they go to SC that is the issue.

Was sold to me as 100% tickets and no travel.

There were no fees at all for joining.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

he plucked it out of the sky just like the entry fee in CO88. 

Come off the fence Gary, your post is ridiculous. As theGerk pointed out, CO88 gave tickets to individuals in Cardiff because they were friends of members of CO88. the dogs on the street know that and for you to say "these stories are false and frankly made up by people deliberately trying to stir things up" is quite simply a cop out that you probably learned from GF school of 'nothing to see here baby'

are CO88 in CRISC still yes or no? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic