Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 7:47am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The CRISC Thread
Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Subject: The CRISC Thread
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:04am
it's best to have a different thread as it's detracting away from the JD one

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Replies:
Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:13am
Great bunch of lads Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:15am
Is everyone allow to post in this thread or is it just for CRISC members only ???

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:18am
Has anyone heard officially that CO88 have left CRISC and why?

In CO88 and there hasn't been one comment or statement from them on any of the issues.

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:24am
GF and GS are both holidaying together in Mosney with the €10 sign up fee from its members 

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:26am
Sorry lads. You can’t post here if you have no wristbands. You need to contact your supporters clubWink

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Is everyone allow to post in this thread or is it just for CRISC members only ???

LOL

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:28am
Any spare tickets?

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Any spare tickets?
I heard Wexford have a few on Donedeal

Posted By: JohnSwift
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:46am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

GF and GS are both holidaying together in Mosney with the €10 sign up fee from its members 

LOLLOLLOL

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 11:01am
Is their awards night still going ahead?

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 11:56am

This is my personal opinion not that of Class of 88.

Class of 88 was setup to obtain tickets for members when the FAI indicated they’d rather deal with groups than individuals.  The club does not issue statements or take positions on anything.  There are a variety of different opinions within the club.  There are many many different views on a whole variety of issues.  There are no functions organsied like some other clubs eg London.  There is no transport organised to games.  The club has one function which is to get tickets for members.  If a universal scheme is implemented then the club will cease to exist.

Tickets are allocated broadly in line with the FAI’s system of games attended.  The rules were published to members and agreed at the AGM.  There is no advantage to being on the committee or doing volunteer work. 

I’m pretty certain no member has been disadvantaged by being a member.  The story re somebody who missed one game and being a denied a ticket is simply false.  I have seen members who were allocated a ticket ask on here and on social media for a ticket implying they don’t have a ticket.  I’m also aware of a story that I was denied a ticket for a high profile game.  I think it was Denmark but can’t recall for sure but a prominent member of another club even asked me about it.  It wasn’t true.  I’ve no idea where the story came from as I wasn’t even asking for a ticket anywhere for anyone else. 

Other clubs have different ways of allocating tickets.  Indeed I’m aware of SCs for British clubs here that also use widely different schemes. 

I’m not aware of any Cof88 tickets going wrong.  Happy to investigate if anybody wants to provide info via PM.  However I suspect some if not all of these stories are false and frankly made up by people deliberately trying to stir things up.   I know tickets were extremely tight for some games and there was a concern that members could have been actually disadvantaged by being a member.  So there would be little opportunity for tickets to go wrong.     

I cannot comment on the CRISC story but frankly there is a lot of rubbish on here.  There is a lot more to this than meets the eye.  I suspect some of those commenting know that. 

Tickets are normally distributed in country on the day before or matchday thus greatly reducing the risk of harvesting or tickets being passed on. 

I know many members of SCs and independent fans.  I really don’t think it should be one v the other.

It may be an unpopular opinion but by and large the FAI Ticket Office do a great job in allocating tickets.  Football fans are far better served than their rugby or GAA equivalents.    

Personally I’d have no problem with a universal scheme like Scotland or England.  However personally  I don’t want to pay for it.  I suspect however that is what will happen.  Demand and membership has dropped considerably in these schemes.  England failed to sell their allocation for the last World Cup or the forthcoming Nations League.   Such a scheme will most likely cost 50-75 euro per annum.  I imagine some of those screaming the loudest wouldn’t even join in that scenario.    

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:12pm
Good post Gary and I definitely know as with you there are no hidden agendas just support for our national team and best for all Irish fans.

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Class of 88 was setup to obtain tickets for members when the FAI indicated they’d rather deal with groups than individuals.  The club does not issue statements or take positions on anything.  There are a variety of different opinions within the club.  There are many many different views on a whole variety of issues.  There are no functions organsied like some other clubs eg London.  There is no transport organised to games.  The club has one function which is to get tickets for members.  If a universal scheme is implemented then the club will cease to exist.

Tickets are allocated broadly in line with the FAI’s system of games attended.  The rules were published to members and agreed at the AGM.  There is no advantage to being on the committee or doing volunteer work. 

I’m pretty certain no member has been disadvantaged by being a member.  The story re somebody who missed one game and being a denied a ticket is simply false.  I have seen members who were allocated a ticket ask on here and on social media for a ticket implying they don’t have a ticket.  I’m also aware of a story that I was denied a ticket for a high profile game.  I think it was Denmark but can’t recall for sure but a prominent member of another club even asked me about it.  It wasn’t true.  I’ve no idea where the story came from as I wasn’t even asking for a ticket anywhere for anyone else. 

Other clubs have different ways of allocating tickets.  Indeed I’m aware of SCs for British clubs here that also use widely different schemes. 

I’m not aware of any Cof88 tickets going wrong.  Happy to investigate if anybody wants to provide info via PM.  However I suspect some if not all of these stories are false and frankly made up by people deliberately trying to stir things up.   I know tickets were extremely tight for some games and there was a concern that members could have been actually disadvantaged by being a member.  So there would be little opportunity for tickets to go wrong.     

I cannot comment on the CRISC story but frankly there is a lot of rubbish on here.  There is a lot more to this than meets the eye.  I suspect some of those commenting know that. 

Tickets are normally distributed in country on the day before or matchday thus greatly reducing the risk of harvesting or tickets being passed on. 

I know many members of SCs and independent fans.  I really don’t think it should be one v the other.

It may be an unpopular opinion but by and large the FAI Ticket Office do a great job in allocating tickets.  Football fans are far better served than their rugby or GAA equivalents.    

Personally I’d have no problem with a universal scheme like Scotland or England.  However personally  I don’t want to pay for it.  I suspect however that is what will happen.  Demand and membership has dropped considerably in these schemes.  England failed to sell their allocation for the last World Cup or the forthcoming Nations League.   Such a scheme will most likely cost 50-75 euro per annum.  I imagine some of those screaming the loudest wouldn’t even join in that scenario.    

Was it not set up as a travel club when it was originally advertised here?

The TO does a good job ,its what happens to tickets when they go to SC that is the issue.

Wasnt there a fee to join CO88 ?

Where have you gotten a figure of €50-75 per annum for a scheme ?

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Is their awards night still going ahead?

Jim Royle impersonator has a another gig that night so they have rescheduled it for when the circus isn’t in town 

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:28pm
The ticket office are brilliant but have their hands tied behind their backs. No secret deals for anyone or any group in the future is what they want.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

The TO does a good job ,its what happens to tickets when they go to SC that is the issue.

Was sold to me as 100% tickets and no travel.

There were no fees at all for joining.

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

he plucked it out of the sky just like the entry fee in CO88. 

Come off the fence Gary, your post is ridiculous. As theGerk pointed out, CO88 gave tickets to individuals in Cardiff because they were friends of members of CO88. the dogs on the street know that and for you to say "these stories are false and frankly made up by people deliberately trying to stir things up" is quite simply a cop out that you probably learned from GF school of 'nothing to see here baby'

are CO88 in CRISC still yes or no? 

Posted By: PaConnors
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:46pm
Having to go through SCs for tickets is bollocks. It's just another layer where tickets risk being filtered off into undeserving hands. 

The FAI have a record of my attendance and my eligibility for oversubscribed tickets should be based on that. I don't have time to be cosying up to some lad just because he has a position in a SC. 

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:55pm
Just as a counter point, I'd ask people if interested to take a look at Liverpool FCs selling information for the CL final. All clear, no allocation to any supporter clubs or anything like that, all tickets going directly to the fans who meeting the selling criteria (Separate allocation going to the players directly from UEFA) and a clear total on those tickets. The selling criteria are determined based on previous home and away attendance in this years's CL which is recorded by the LFC ticket office via their online system. Fans do not have to pay anything for this.
It's also the same for all away league and cup games. 

In terms of England not selling out their WC allocation, this is nothing to do with their system : It was down to the logistics of the world cup in Russia and also down to dwindling support over the past few years. I can imagine now that will pick up and I'm sure they will have a very large attendance at the Nations League Final. 

Me personally, I have an issue with the concept of CO88, not necessarily with individuals as such : The reason for CO88 existing is that people saw an imperfect system and decided rather than missing out they would join the imperfect system therefore adding to the problem.

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:21pm
moved from the other discussion.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't setup as a travel club.  Another well known club does run a lot of away trips.  Many local SCs run buses to home games eg Mullingar.  

There was a fee of ten euro to join.  You also must buy an FAI season ticket.  

The fee is pretty standard but is my estimate.  England fans pay £75 I believe.  The IRFU charge 50 euro per year for what turned out to be a 1 in 18 chance to buy tickets for one of the 2 home games in 2019.   It normally meant you got one home 6 Nations game.  They don't have an away scheme.  The GAA have an excellent season ticket scheme but I believe it is a closed shop now for some teams.  

I've heard lots of stories re SCs.  Some are great some maybe not so good.  However remember some stories are probably completely false. I've no doubt a lot of independent fans are harvesting tickets though.  500 away fans in Moldova, almost 1,000 tickets sold.  250 in Belgrade 500 tickets sold.  Figures are from memory.  I don't have solutions or answers.  People underestimate the cost of organising schemes and organsing pickup away.              

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:23pm
https://forum.ybig.ie/class-of-88-an-introduction_topic50643.html" rel="nofollow - https://forum.ybig.ie/class-of-88-an-introduction_topic50643.html

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:29pm

I never heard about this group apart from on this forum. Is there a website, twitter or Facebook page for the group? The idea of this group seems a bit strange to me as everything seems to be kept quiet. Is there any criteria to going this group or how do you join? I wasn’t on YBIG when it was set up don’t know all the ins and outs of it would would like to find out why’s the story with it @Gspain. This isn’t me signing up to the group or anything, far from it before anyone things that. It’s just that I wanted to find out about the group because I seen that one poster was denied the chance to join. 

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:37pm
Do all combat 88 member hold season tickets????

-------------

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:38pm

I'm pretty sure it wasn't setup as a travel club.  Another well known club does run a lot of away trips.  Many local SCs run buses to home games eg Mullingar.  

The fee is pretty standard but is my estimate.  England fans pay £75 I believe.  The IRFU charge 50 euro per year for what turned out to be a 1 in 18 chance to buy tickets for one of the 2 home games in 2019.   It normally meant you got one home 6 Nations game.  They don't have an away scheme.  The GAA have an excellent season ticket scheme but I believe it is a closed shop now for some teams.  

I've heard lots of stories re SCs.  Some are great some maybe not so good.  However remember some stories are probably completely false. I've no doubt a lot of independent fans are harvesting tickets though.  500 away fans in Moldova, almost 1,000 tickets sold.  250 in Belgrade 500 tickets sold.  Figures are from memory.  I don't have solutions or answers.  People underestimate the cost of organising schemes and organsing pickup away.              

it's a pity the closing date for applications for the local elections is closed because you make a good candidate for Fianna fail for not answering questions you were asked. Again, is CO88 in CRISC? 

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:56pm

Just as a counter point, I'd ask people if interested to take a look at Liverpool FCs selling information for the CL final. All clear, no allocation to any supporter clubs or anything like that, all tickets going directly to the fans who meeting the selling criteria (Separate allocation going to the players directly from UEFA) and a clear total on those tickets. The selling criteria are determined based on previous home and away attendance in this years's CL which is recorded by the LFC ticket office via their online system. Fans do not have to pay anything for this.

In terms of England not selling out their WC allocation, this is nothing to do with their system : It was down to the logistics of the world cup in Russia and also down to dwindling support over the past few years. I can imagine now that will pick up and I'm sure they will have a very large attendance at the Nations League Final. 

Me personally, I have an issue with the concept of CO88, not necessarily with individuals as such : The reason for CO88 existing is that people saw an imperfect system and decided rather than missing out they would join the imperfect system therefore adding to the problem.

The Nations League is in Portugal next month.  England got 10,000 per game.  They returned thousands.  England brought thousands of fans to Chicago for a meaningless friendly in 2005 many going just to improve their chances of tickets for the 2006 World Cup.  Loads will go to Portugal and loads went to Russia picking up tickets from other sources.  Our numbers travelling to friendlies in the U.S. from here are in low double digits.  I don't believe too many here would pay to join such  scheme.

I'm sure you know a lot more about Liverpool's systems than me.  However I believe a fancard system is used for many seats and these can and are passed on.  A friend attended the opening game of the season this way.  

I don't think the majority of members of Cof88 would miss out either way.  Most of us would still get tickets.           

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:02pm
A fan card is used for Liverpool home games at Anfield but not for away games : Those are all paper tickets and sometimes some will need to be collected on the day of the game in the away location. 

Posted By: Yoco Santos
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:05pm
20 is plenty

Obviously estimated figures here but I'd imagine we would have between 3-10k in a universal scheme per year depending on the qualifiers draw. Could probably add another 5k in a year that we qualify for a tournament.

Based on a €20 annual membership fee to apply for away tickets, thats worth between €60,000 to €300,000 to the FAI per year. More than enough to hire any additional resources if required to manage an universal scheme and still have a chunk of change left over even in the lowest year of membership uptake. 

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:06pm

A fan card is used for Liverpool home games at Anfield but not for away games : Those are all paper tickets and sometimes some will need to be collected on the day of the game in the away location. 
There is a lot of unhappiness regarding home tickets, especially season tickets, at Liverpool. 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:13pm
All Cof88 members must have a Season ticket through the club.  

I'm not in a position to answer anything regarding Cof88/CRISC.  Suffice to say there is a lot more to this than meets the eye and it is a matter for Cof88/CRISC.      

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:18pm

I'm not in a position to answer anything regarding Cof88/CRISC.  Suffice to say there is a lot more to this than meets the eye and it is a matter for Cof88/CRISC.      
Any chance you would have a look at my post up there? Interested to hear about it.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:23pm

That's the issue in a nutshell.

If you are in favour of a universal scheme, then how can you join a club? Joining a club reduces the number of independent supporters and reduces the impetus to moving towards a universal scheme.

-------------

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:25pm
Absolute load of bollocks regarding sellouts of 88, come on GF let’s be having you, you were quick enough to speak up on here when you were setting up your cabal with your mates

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:28pm

cost is the narrative from FAI under Delaney. a tiny slice of his 700k a year would subsidise a system.

Are fans important or not?
It would not too expensive for couple of bodies to man pick up point

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

There is a lot of unhappiness regarding home tickets, especially season tickets, at Liverpool. 

Season tickets are being hoarded and sold on at above face value on match days.
The club are aware of it and are trying to do what they can to clamp down on it - Doing it in conjunction with SOS so ensure there isn't any adverse impact on genuine fans. 

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:32pm

Don't think everybody got the memo

If you recall the scheme that was proposed it included  modest fee per ticket  - from memory it was the cost of foaming pint of stella at the time 5 euro  or half the optional price of joining Cof88Smile) - it was principally based on the Scottish scheme but as I stated at the time we didn't need or want
  • a crappy T shirt
  • a crappy key ring
  • a birthday card from the FAI on our birthday
  • a glossy city guide Etc
  • all the other crap that came with it

All that was wanted was administer a simple fair and transparent away scheme for ALL fans

As regards group pick up , I recall ATAC/SFA notes from a meeting from a few years ago  ( imagine a bunch of supporters and their representative FA publishing minutes Shocked) stating that the cost of a DHL to individual ticket holders was of the order of £20 stg , added to standard postal costs and administering the post this would surely be offset by pick up away - hell it might even be a reward for the TO staff for the abuse they take over the tickets which could be almost eliminated at a stroke if a universal scheme was brought in

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

That's the issue in a nutshell.

If you are in favour of a universal scheme, then how can you join a club? Joining a club reduces the number of independent supporters and reduces the impetus to moving towards a universal scheme.

Thats it exactly.

Hopefully the "new" FAI start a universal scheme and stop any individual/club from having access to tickets to hand out as they see fit.

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:44pm
Just to clarify, I receive very few birthday cards these days so I'd happily welcome an extra one !

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:58pm

Just to clarify, I receive very few birthday cards these days so I'd happily welcome an extra one !

Smile

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 3:16pm

With all due respect, this stinks of the FAI appearance in the Oireachtas (the day before the sell outs withdrew from the CRISC I may add).

Its bad form from the club and its committee.

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

With all due respect, this stinks of the FAI appearance in the Oireachtas (the day before the sell outs withdrew from the CRISC I may add).

Fully agree with Pipkin. Complete lack of transparency here. Is there a spokesperson or an official position on the relationship with CRISC?

Someone else has also raised the very valid point about CO88 not having any visible online presence. How do prospective members join the SC? Is it by word of mouth, or is it a closed shop?

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

Fully agree with Pipkin. Complete lack of transparency here. Is there a spokesperson or an official position on the relationship with CRISC?

Someone else has also raised the very valid point about CO88 not having any visible online presence. How do prospective members join the SC? Is it by word of mouth, or is it a closed shop?

gspain if a member of CO88 asked you the question would you give him an answer? 

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 4:44pm

Yes it was me. I asked twice now yet have gotten no answer. He also answered the 2 questions that were posted before mine and the one after.

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 5:01pm

I was lurking on here at the time that Co88 was launched as per the link that Borussia has posted on the previous page of this thread, yet I barely even remember seeing that at the time.  And that seems to have been the only invitation on here to join it as I've heard next to f**k all about it since.

As you say, there's been hardly any (if any at all) online presence, no Facebook page or Twitter handle (afaik anyway), no links being posted here by them to any website and no follow-up reminders on how to join them. That thread being locked didn't exactly help with their presence on here but why have we heard virtually nothing about them apart from that blink-and-you-miss-it link that they launched back in December 2014? Confused

Indeed, I'd actually forgotten about C88 until they were mentioned in light of recent controversies at the FAI and the calls for a complete overhaul there.

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:21pm
Delaney’s classic quote has been for years, to paraphrase  ‘I useta go to matches as a fan before I took the job and I’ll be going as a fan after I leave the job ‘

Can any Sell Out from the ‘travel’ club confirm whether or not he would be welcome to join their travelling party at a match? Even for a pint?

Posted By: Trevor.ie
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:26pm

Delaney’s classic quote has been for years, to paraphrase  ‘I useta go to matches as a fan before I took the job and I’ll be going as a fan after I leave the job ‘

Can any Sell Out from the ‘travel’ club confirm whether or not he would be welcome to join their travelling party at a match? Even for a pint?
You had a few PipkinClap

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:46pm
seems to me that CO88 was set up purely for
Tickets and it was a group people who knew each other at the time from away trips as a way if you can’t beat them
Join them in relation to away tickets.  

Many of us were asked to join through word of mouth over a pint at away games. Some joined and many did not. 

I could be wrong but they never had any interested in adding
to their membership with new travelers.  Seemed happy enough to have 50 or so regular away travelers with season tickets and not add to it.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

seems to me that CO88 was set up purely for
Tickets and it was a group people who knew each other at the time from away trips as a way if you can’t beat them
Join them in relation to away tickets.  

Many of us were asked to join through word of mouth over a pint at away games. Some joined and many did not. 

I could be wrong but they never had any interested in adding
to their membership with new travelers.  Seemed happy enough to have 50 or so regular away travelers with season tickets and not add to it.  
Dont skirt around the truth Baldrick it was set up as a clique and on the back of a “friend” of Delaneys

-------------

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:28pm
There is no facebook page, twitter etc.  It is a SC.  There are loads of options re SCs.  London run fantastic functions etc.  Many others run buses and other trips have social media etc.  

The club doesn't take a position on anything or issue statements.  The club exists to get tickets for members.  

I don't believe anybody was refused membership.  Somebody tried to join and get a Wales away ticket in 2017.  They were told they would be welcome to join but no chance of a ticket for Cardiff.    

The club is open for new members.  PM me if interested.   

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:32pm
Gary I’ve great time for you and we’re friends for a long long time but please stop defending the indefensible. Let the man who set up co88 and has been in Delaney’s pocket for years come on here and answer the questions.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:38pm

It is a SC and answerable to members not to YBIG.  There is no spokesperson or official position. 

I'm just trying to correct some rubbish on here.   

It is not a closed shop.  New members are welcome.    

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:40pm

The club doesn't take a position on anything or issue statements.  The club exists to get tickets for members. 

But that’s not exactly correct, is it? If CO88 is part of the CRISC, they do take a position on issues. The CRISC issued statements with the implication that those statements are representative of the majority view of their members.

Now maybe it’s a case that CO88 wasn’t, or is no longer a part of the CRISC. However, that’s a matter you have yet to clarify, despite the question being posed on a few occasions within this thread.

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:43pm
No spokesperson no official position LOL  Mirror mirror on the fcking wall, straight from the JD handbook

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:47am

It is a SC and answerable to members not to YBIG.  There is no spokesperson or official position. 

Gspain, do you feel the club has benefited you since joining? Has it benefited other members since being formed? Has it benefited friends of members? 

And did it possibly benefit John delaney and the FAI more than all of the above?

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:01am

So Crisc speak for co88 ? At least they did as you deferred a decision on the ybig mandate proposals to them ? 

Do they still speak for you ? 

Where your members consulted on the 2 proposals ? 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:32am
Kinda interesting that they would defer to the CRISC on the issue of fair ticketing for all as, and I distinctly remember this, one of the reason given on here for the setting up of CO88 was that it would be better to push for gradual improvement to the system from the inside and not the outside.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:36am
actually i take back what i said about you becoming a candidate for Fianna Fail. i think you be better off with your Nordie buddys in Windsor Park and join the f**king DUP! 

answer this SIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEE question.......

is CO88 in CRISC?

YES OR NO

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:44am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

because no way would i join a scheme when the clubs are picking up the tickets first and the scheme gets the scraps , not a chance 

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 9:52am
4 pages into the thread and still no answer whether CO 88 is a still part of CRISC LOL 

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 9:53am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

4 pages into the thread and still no answer whether CO 88 is a still part of CRISC LOL 

hold on its in bigger font for Gary. he might see it this time! 

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 9:54am

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

hold on its in bigger font for Gary. he might see it this time! 
And still no comment for the Chief Soup taker despite him being online most days

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:01am
4 and a half years on since they broke full rank and they might confirm or deny also whether they agree that the move was self serving.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:34am

4 and a half years on since they broke full rank and they might confirm or deny also whether they agree that the move was self serving.

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference , we all know it was self serving .

I would welcome GS's personal opinion that Cof88 would have no reason to exist if a universal scheme was brought in

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:49am
What's the need for all this lads? Fans having a cut at other fans, to serve what purpose exactly?

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:53am

Gspain, do you feel the club has benefited you since joining? Has it benefited other members since being formed? Has it benefited friends of members? 

And did it possibly benefit John delaney and the FAI more than all of the above?

I cannot comment on CRISC and cannot give a simple yes/no answer because there isn't a simple answer.  

I certainly haven't benefited financially or has anybody else.  I believe I still would have got tickets in any case.  I go to every game as many of you know.  Any work done on behalf of the club is voluntary.

I believe we have been of most benefit to members who travel to quite a lot but not to all games.  However these people would be competing v some independents who could have harvested tickets.  

If it made more sense to be independent then the club would disband.

The FAI make nothing on away tickets.   The club is of benefit to the FAI in that we buy season tickets.  We also take on the admin of distribution.  I cannot see how we benefited John Delaney.                  

I do not see it as SCs getting the tickets and independents getting the scraps.  I actually believe tickets are distributed pretty well by the FAI.  I am aware of views from a couple of SCs that they should get more away tickets as they sell quite a lot of season tickets.  They certainly have a point although I wouldn't agree.   

Remember if there is a universal scheme the FAI will decide the criteria and the FAI will decide the price.  The keyrings, scarves other junk etc cost very little when ordered in bulk.  These are done to make membership look a better deal.  The IRFU charge 50 euro per annum for a fraction of the benefits and to me that would be the minimum the FAI would start at.  Now rugby ticketing would be quite a story but strange that hasn't been done.   Although I doubt our interim CEO is too concerned with away ticketing at the moment.     

As for "friends of members" we do not allocate tickets where there is excess demand to non members.  Members can order extra tickets for family and friends for games that don't have high demand eg Denmark in June.

As an example of the stories I was provided a name via PM or a member who supposedly got a ticket for Denmark 2017 despite not having the travelling record.  The member in question actually didn't and I don't think was even in Denmark.  He wasn't allocated a ticket for Cardiff a month earlier but traveled anyway.  He got a ticket from Cof88 when another member missed their flight.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:15am
There's no doubting Gspain's loyalty and integrity as an Ireland fan.  Few of us will ever travel to as many football matches or know as much about the history of Irish football as he does.  Also, notwithstanding his protestations, I don't think anyone would ever question that he was seeking to benefit financially from CO88.

However, I feel Gspain's failure to engage on CO88 and their relationship with the CRISC lacks credibility and the evasive responses fail to dispel the sense that CO88 was and remains a clique of self-serving individuals.  The silence speaks volumes and it's particularly galling given the way the CRISC decided to put their name to a statement which sought to discredit individual fans.

It is patently clear to most people that CO88 (and other Supporters' Clubs) helped to reinforce Delaney's position and it has created some division amongst the fan-base.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:24am

There's no doubting Gspain's loyalty and integrity as an Ireland fan.  Few of us will ever travel to as many football matches or know as much about the history of Irish football as he does.  Also, notwithstanding his protestations, I don't think anyone would ever question that he was seeking to benefit financially from CO88.

However, I feel Gspain's failure to engage on CO88 and their relationship with the CRISC lacks credibility and the evasive responses fail to dispel the sense that CO88 was and remains a clique of self-serving individuals.  The silence speaks volumes and it's particularly galling given the way the CRISC decided to put their name to a statement which sought to discredit individual fans.

It is patently clear to most people that CO88 (and other Supporters' Clubs) helped to reinforce Delaney's position and it has created some division amongst the fan-base.

TBH the Co88 lost credibility with me when they shared my personal details with other members.

At this point I removed myself from them, this is before any final confirmation of joining took place.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference , we all know it was self serving .

I would welcome GS's personal opinion that Cof88 would have no reason to exist if a universal scheme was brought in

Not just my personal opinion I think you can take it as fact.  I can see why other clubs exist and see the excellent work they do.  

I don't have to come on here and answer questions.  SCs are only answerable to the FAI re tickets.  I really don't like the way fans can be at each others throats.    

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:35am
You might want to re phrase that Gary at our most recent away game 7 of us women and lads were threatened by an officer of the crisc and his buddies because we don’t like John Delaney.

-------------

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:37am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

What's the need for all this lads? Fans having a cut at other fans, to serve what purpose exactly?

Tend to agree. 

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:39am
There are a couple of posters on here that have been trying to call people out and start rows on here for weeks now, what has anybody got to gain from this? Whatever peoples views are is there point to this? Some people seem to have a personal agenda to start rows and drama on a public forum and it's ridiculously childish.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:40am
And know we have the airing of grievances...

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 11:48am

TBH the Co88 lost credibility with me when they shared my personal details with other members.

At this point I removed myself from them, this is before any final confirmation of joining took place.

Can you clarify this?  I don't know who you are or at least haven't made the connection.  

I'm only aware of an email sent a long time back (not by me or indeed greenforever) that cced members rather than bcced them.  It was an accident but an easy enough mistake made by a volunteer.  Can you clarify?

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:03pm

Can you clarify this?  I don't know who you are or at least haven't made the connection.  

I'm only aware of an email sent a long time back (not by me or indeed greenforever) that cced members rather than bcced them.  It was an accident but an easy enough mistake made by a volunteer.  Can you clarify?

This is what I'm referring to.

I will agree it was a mistake but one that should have not been made. If done so today could be liable to EU law.

I did receive an apology for the mistake alright which I appreciated.

I would also like to add that I have no malice towards the C088 or any of it's members.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:06pm

I will agree it was a mistake but one that should have not been made. If done so today could be liable to EU law.

I would also like to add that I have no malice towards the C088 or any of it's members.

I can't for the life of me understand why people care if their email address is seen by others.

People have gone on like it's war crime. 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I can't for the life of me understand why people care if their email address is seen by others.

People have gone on like it's war crime. 

It's a totally side issue but the fact there is an EU law now governing probably tells you that enough people in the world do care. 

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:09pm

In that instance, the CO88 used people's personal contact details, despite not having permission to do so.  People had provided their contact details to another member of YBIG who was conducting a survey following the ticket debacle for the Scotland fixture.  It was opportunistic and disingenuous on the part of those that were seeking to establish CO88.  It set the wrong tone from the very outset.

It's another reason why the current silence from its founders is difficult to fathom.  They were happy to make contact and communicate with people when it suited their agenda.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:22pm

I cannot comment on CRISC and cannot give a simple yes/no answer because there isn't a simple answer.  

I certainly haven't benefited financially or has anybody else.  I believe I still would have got tickets in any case.  I go to every game as many of you know.  Any work done on behalf of the club is voluntary.

I believe we have been of most benefit to members who travel to quite a lot but not to all games.  However these people would be competing v some independents who could have harvested tickets.  

The FAI make nothing on away tickets.   The club is of benefit to the FAI in that we buy season tickets.  We also take on the admin of distribution.  I cannot see how we benefited John Delaney.                  

I do not see it as SCs getting the tickets and independents getting the scraps.  I actually believe tickets are distributed pretty well by the FAI.  I am aware of views from a couple of SCs that they should get more away tickets as they sell quite a lot of season tickets.  They certainly have a point although I wouldn't agree.   

Remember if there is a universal scheme the FAI will decide the criteria and the FAI will decide the price.  The keyrings, scarves other junk etc cost very little when ordered in bulk.  These are done to make membership look a better deal.  The IRFU charge 50 euro per annum for a fraction of the benefits and to me that would be the minimum the FAI would start at.  Now rugby ticketing would be quite a story but strange that hasn't been done.   Although I doubt our interim CEO is too concerned with away ticketing at the moment.     

As for "friends of members" we do not allocate tickets where there is excess demand to non members.  Members can order extra tickets for family and friends for games that don't have high demand eg Denmark in June.

As an example of the stories I was provided a name via PM or a member who supposedly got a ticket for Denmark 2017 despite not having the travelling record.  The member in question actually didn't and I don't think was even in Denmark.  He wasn't allocated a ticket for Cardiff a month earlier but traveled anyway.  He got a ticket from Cof88 when another member missed their flight.

again thanks for not answering my question AGAIN!

maybe this one though. in relation to the bold item above. if you do it voluntary basis why charge a €10 joining up fee?  

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:42pm
I totally understand and agree that it is sad that fans are at each others throats - I, like most, hope we can move on and unite to support our teams as that is what we want to do. But I don't think it can be as simple as just drawing a line and moving on. The old regime, which by the day is being shown up for who they really were, were helped to stay in that position by the CRISC and the members of SCs. And those on the outside who openly questioned how things were being done at the top of the FAI were, at times, take to task by members of clubs in the CRISC for daring to challenge on this point. 
Any acknowledgement of this fact would certainly help towards creating a united fanbase moving forward and would certainly make it clear that lessons have been learned by everyone. An absence of that just leaves the impression that many would allow the same to happen again as long as their own interests were looked after. 

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 1:51pm

You might want to re phrase that  at our most recent away game 7 of us women and lads were threatened by an officer of the crisc and his buddies because we don’t like John Delaney.

seriously now what the f**k has that got to do with gspain ? if some fool threatened you then threaten him back , he sounds like a proper clown but do you want gspain to apologise for this. 

loads of lads on this thread looking to split the support , well done lads , enjoy delaneys downfall for f**k sakes 

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Tend to agree. 

Me too. 
I only started the thread to keep this chat off the JD one

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Tend to agree. 

Me too. 
I only started the thread to keep this chat off the JD one

f**k off and setup your own thread for agreeing with one another 

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:14pm
Anyway, CRISC awards night is on June 2nd in the Crowne Plaza

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:16pm
Which Crowne Plaza is that and are there any shops which sell tennis equipment located nearby ??

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:17pm
Blanchardstown Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:29pm

again thanks for not answering my question AGAIN!

maybe this one though. in relation to the bold item above. if you do it voluntary basis why charge a €10 joining up fee?  

Not that it is any business of non members but the money is to actually have some money in the account to cover admin expenses etc.  We sometimes may have to pay for tickets without getting all the money in.  It is still there.  If the club disbands I imagine it will be donated to charity but that is just my opinion.  

I believe it would be reasonably standard.  

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:16pm
there will be much rejoicing in the kingdom of Lansdowne road when those that were lost and strayed from the righteous path are now found Smile

-------------

Posted By: Ecumenical Matter
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:26pm
I am not a member of any SC and don't want my support for my team channelled through a  committee. However, I can appreciate their value in bringing like-minded people together to talk football and for group travel especially for those outside Dublin.  Sometime your mates can’t travel and getting in with a group is good. 

As for CRISC, it looks like the sort of thing the FAI would want so as to bring the fans under its wing. I can’t see the need for it at all.

As for tickets, the SCs should have no allocation. Tickets should go to individuals based on their track record with points awarded for STs and aways. SCs could still coordinate their members applications so that they all get to sit together.  A universal scheme is not rocket science and could be brought in for the next campaign. The current one could be the transition period. 

Whether the different fan factions can come together I don’t know. Then again they don’t have to. All they have to do is give our team 100% support inside the ground (or stay in the pub). That support is something that was noticeably absent in our last two Denmark aways. Aarhus was just toxic. If people want to piss in each other’s pints before or after the game or sl*g each other off online so be it, as long as they put in a shift at the actual game. 

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

You might want to re phrase that  at our most recent away game 7 of us women and lads were threatened by an officer of the crisc and his buddies because we don’t like John Delaney.

seriously now what the f**k has that got to do with gspain ? if some fool threatened you then threaten him back , he sounds like a proper clown but do you want gspain to apologise for this. 

loads of lads on this thread looking to split the support , well done lads , enjoy delaneys downfall for f**k sakes 
How is Gufct trying to split the crowd he is just stating what happened to him in La Linea. I got abuse from the same CRISC committee member in Aarhus when I was handed the Delaney out sheets. They were A4 so certainly didn’t block his view as he wasn’t standing directly behind me either. It went on for 5 minutes even after people got tired holding them up. Gspain hinted at independent fans trying to create tension is what gufct is talking about. It’s certainly not one sided as gspain and many others have tried to show. How can the CRISC continue when committee members are acting like that? It serves no purpose at the minute apart from a hierarchy for fans which shouldn’t be there. The fact they have persisted to raise fund for the John Giles foundation despite the fact it’s under investigation shows what an absolute joke Delaney has taken them for and them eating out of his hand

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:14pm
I met Gufct in the stadium before the game in Gibraltar.  We had a pleasant chat.  As he said we are friends for many many years.  I don't know which member of CRISC abused him and didn't witness it.

I don't know who you are donegalman although like JonSwift and some others on here you obviously know me.  I did do quite a bit of voluntary fundraising for the John Giles foundation as part of organising the CRISC POTY dinner held before the USA game last June.  I was not aware of any questions surrounding it at the time.  Can you point me to any media reports or indeed any reports anywhere questioning the foundation prior to the USA game last June.  

I'm not answerable for CRISC and am not condoning any attacks on any fans.  

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:24pm

I met Gufct in the stadium before the game in Gibraltar.  We had a pleasant chat.  As he said we are friends for many many years.  I don't know which member of CRISC abused him and didn't witness it.

I don't know who you are donegalman although like JonSwift and some others on here you obviously know me.  I did do quite a bit of voluntary fundraising for the John Giles foundation as part of organising the CRISC POTY dinner held before the USA game last June.  I was not aware of any questions surrounding it at the time.  Can you point me to any media reports or indeed any reports anywhere questioning the foundation prior to the USA game last June.  

I'm not answerable for CRISC and am not condoning any attacks on any fans.  
I don’t know you, have never claimed to know you or talked to you at any games as far as I am aware have I? Where did I say anything I’m regards to funds of last years CRISC dinner dance? I’m talking about how for some reason this years being held on the 2nd of June is in aid of the John Giles foundation still despite the investigations. It would have been no harm to change the charity until things are sorted. I also never suggested you were answerable for the CRISC I was simply talking about some of disgraceful behaviour of one committee member. The only time I mentioned you in my last post was about how i felt you and others seem to be putting the blame for the tension between fans back on the independent fans.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:45pm
Link on Giles Foundation 

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/new-concerns-raised-around-fai-in-protected-disclosure-including-questions-about-john-giles-foundation-38012763.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/new-concerns-raised-around-fai-in-protected-disclosure-including-questions-about-john-giles-foundation-38012763.html

First of all there is no evidence of any wrong doing with JGF

However, there are lots of questions that have not been answered. These have been raised previously by Mark Tighe and other media outlets.
I will get back to those more in depth later.

I would ask why a fans group raises money for an FAI initiative?
Were they asked to do so by the FAI or was it solely a CRISC decision?

YBIG bought a few seats last year but in light of recent events, we won't this year unless there are assurances and tangible evidence that monies raised go where they should.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:47pm

Tend to agree. 

A complete red herring I must say.

I am not coming on here to have a cut at anyone. I know a lot of those posting on here and most of the Sell outs. 

I am asking questions as I feel they big time let down Irish football at a time when the tide was turning against the scumbag and if a few of them even had a bit more back bone instead of bending over to Delaney and McGlue’s requests for them to form a club there could have been more of a revolt at the time and maybe just maybe things would improve 

I am at a loss as to how they would turn their backs on fellow fans and Irish football and maybe if they shed some light on that we could all begin at looking to draw a line in the sand.

But as they retain their stance to act just like Delaney has acted, that won’t happen, simple.
Same for the CRISC

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:49pm

Was Class of 88 set up on the back of a request from John delaney and Joe McGlue? 

Yes or no?

I rest my case

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 5:12pm

Tend to agree. 

A complete red herring I must say.

I am not coming on here to have a cut at anyone. I know a lot of those posting on here and most of the Sell outs. 

I am asking questions as I feel they big time let down Irish football at a time when the tide was turning against the scumbag and if a few of them even had a bit more back bone instead of bending over to Delaney and McGlue’s requests for them to form a club there could have been more of a revolt at the time and maybe just maybe things would improve 

I am at a loss as to how they would turn their backs on fellow fans and Irish football and maybe if they shed some light on that we could all begin at looking to draw a line in the sand.

But as they retain their stance to act just like Delaney has acted, that won’t happen, simple.
Same for the CRISC

Boll0x you're not, mate. The very fact that you're calling them sell-outs of 88 every second post is you having a cut. You're not that dumb that you don't realise that. It makes you come across as petty and is hardly going to encourage any of them to answer you, is it?

I was approached to join when they founded and declined straight away but them forming the club did very little to prolong JD's reign. JD would still be lording it at the U17 Euros right now had Tighe not got lucky with a sympathetic high court judge unlike those that have awarded injunctions over the years. There's things I could criticise them over but suggesting that JD would have been out on his ear years ago had they not formed is ludicrous. 

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 5:15pm
This thread would give the impression that the only reason YBIG wanted Delaney out was tickets.

-------------

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:26pm
tbf co88 never pretended they were anything else than a way of getting tickets.  I thought it was very poor form at the time and still remains a pretty  sh*tty move but no need to constantly be grilling their members when they don't have answers. The leaders don't post on here so sadly they are the lads that all questions should be padressed to.  It's as if some people need to find new scapegoats and keep the feud between fans going.  Before anyone says it im not in a supporters club, boycotted for 4 years and I found their support of our dear leader sickening but some people just seem obsessed at the moment and are going after the wrong people. And PM I fully agree.  There's a few on this thread who believe that tickets are the main issue when they aren't in the top 10!

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:35pm
Gary has been patient to answer questions. 
Agree that sniping is of no use to anyone. 

Keep thread for the pertinent questions and not for bitching.

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:40pm

Boll0x you're not, mate. The very fact that you're calling them sell-outs of 88 every second post is you having a cut. You're not that dumb that you don't realise that. It makes you come across as petty and is hardly going to encourage any of them to answer you, is it?

I was approached to join when they founded and declined straight away but them forming the club did very little to prolong JD's reign. JD would still be lording it at the U17 Euros right now had Tighe not got lucky with a sympathetic high court judge unlike those that have awarded injunctions over the years. There's things I could criticise them over but suggesting that JD would have been out on his ear years ago had they not formed is ludicrous. 

ClapClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

tbf co88 never pretended they were anything else than a way of getting tickets.  I thought it was very poor form at the time and still remains a pretty  sh*tty move but no need to constantly be grilling their members when they don't have answers. The leaders don't post on here so sadly they are the lads that all questions should be padressed to.  It's as if some people need to find new scapegoats and keep the feud between fans going.  Before anyone says it im not in a supporters club, boycotted for 4 years and I found their support of our dear leader sickening but some people just seem obsessed at the moment and are going after the wrong people. And PM I fully agree.  There's a few on this thread who believe that tickets are the main issue when they aren't in the top 10!
Top 1000!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net