Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18221823182418251826 1936>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 5:19pm
John McGinley
@jhnmcgnly
SPFL rules say only players who participated in 25% or more of league matches are officially eligible for a winners medal meaning Ange Postecoglou subbing on James McCarthy and Stephen Welsh bagged them the honour, since they were both on 9 league games each. Class act.
Sponsored Links

Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 9:05am
Great day on Saturday, also very emotional with the departure of two great servants.

Losing those two makes getting Jota and CCV in all the more critical. I'd be surprised if we see McCarthy in a Celtic kit again, he has shown that he offers very little for a team on the front foot, he was poor in his half hour cameo on Saturday again.

A recent trend creeping into matchdays in all leagues is kids running on to the pitch. It was ridiculous the amount doing it after the final whistle on Saturday. Its obviously not as bad as during a game but can turn unsavoury nonetheless.  One incident where an older kid, possibly a young teenager resisted a steward and was put to the ground quite forcefully, the kids (assumed) dad came charging on, looking to kick off as well. I see Middlesbrough recently banned a parent of kids doing similar, its the only option to deal with this in my opinion.
turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

I'd be surprised if we see McCarthy in a Celtic kit again, he has shown that he offers very little for a team on the front foot, he was poor in his half hour cameo on Saturday again.
Giving him a 4 year contract last summer was a bad move for Celtic. I read somewhere that he only started 4 league games this season. If he does hang around it's hard to see him getting any gametime of note. Best for all concerned if something could be arranged to allow him to move on.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Supposedly very interested in Glimt attacker Ola Solbakken
Scored against Celtic in both legs of their Europa exit in Feb
Mainly a right winger but can play left too
He's out of contract in December so they want to sell for as much as they can in the summer - Italian clubs interested too, probably due to his performances (4 I think) v Roma in the same competition

Probably the first sign that Jota isn't sticking around

Joining Roma
Maybe Jota is sticking round

Edited by tonyjaa - 16 May 2022 at 5:14pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 6:36am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 4:28pm
Pot 4 in the champions key so going to be tough.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:02pm

Everything Celtic
@aboutceltic
🇵🇹 | Jota

Celtic will hold further talks with Jota next week with the player willing to commit his future to the club.

Jota directly contributed to 27 goals in his debut season at the club.

[@mcgowan_stephen]
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 10:30am
That's Daizen Maeda officially a Celtic player now after his loan deal has ended and the club will sign him permanently

Good stuff, there is potential there
I hope they give him the number 9 as well
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 10:35am

That's Daizen Maeda officially a Celtic player now after his loan deal has ended and the club will sign him permanently

He works hard but he lacks in actual footballing ability from what I’ve seen.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 10:45am

How much did they pay? Or was it undisclosed?
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How much did they pay? Or was it undisclosed?

£2m signing 

Edited by manchesterbhoy - 23 May 2022 at 3:33pm
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

He works hard but he lacks in actual footballing ability from what I’ve seen.
spot on, works hard but he's a very average footballer. 
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 10:07am
Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Man City junior on loan at Stoke City last season the latest name to get linked with a move

A both footed CB
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 11:01am

Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Man City junior on loan at Stoke City last season the latest name to get linked with a move

A both footed CB

One thing I recall seeing on his Twitter a while ago was that he's a Rangers fan
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 11:22am
Anyone see the (since deleted) tweet from someone from a tile company delivering to an address of a Mr Carter Vickers in Glasgow? Lol

Suggests a long term stay no? Gotta love the internet

Edited by tonyjaa - 25 May 2022 at 11:23am
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 1:36pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 10:20am

A both footed CB

Jake Clarke-Salter as well, 24yo Chelsea CB on loan an at Coventry last season another name dropped

Maybe on a free transfer

Edited by tonyjaa - 27 May 2022 at 10:22am
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 9:39pm
Celtic voted "the greatest club side of all time"  on a BBC poll.

FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18221823182418251826 1936>
  Share Topic