Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=28368
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:39pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The Celtic Thread
Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Subject: The Celtic Thread
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 6:19am

What about keeping all things Celtic on this thread??

Please - Celtic haters - stay away!

Gary Hooper to be called into England U21 squad i read today, even though he's 23 he was the proper age when the campaign began. Good luck to him!

ICT rearranged cup game now on Wednesday night, but not on TV due to champions league being on - UEFA dont allow other games to be shown on the same night

Rangers very lucky yesterday from what i've heard, i hear Killie were denied a blatant peno in the last few mins, anyone see it yet?

Replies:
Posted By: zoolander
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 6:25am
Great effort from Hooper. Glad to see him get some recognition from the England set up. Not a bad bit of business from Lennon saying we got him for about £2m.

-------------
It's a walk-off!

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 6:26am
sounds like a decent idea to me , never saw any of the killie game  , only 2 points in it now though

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 7:22am
RB,
What match will the Rangers players be suspended for after the red cards against the mighty Hoops?

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: The Big Club
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 7:26am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

RB,
What match will the Rangers players be suspended for after the red cards against the mighty Hoops?
Next years scottish cup

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 8:02am
Horray, a thread of our own!

2 questions.............1. is the re-fixed Cally game still gonna be on Sky?  Ain't got ESPN.

2. Is it true Tommy Stewart (Rovers player last season) signed for Celtic?

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 8:07am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

2 questions.............1. is the re-fixed Cally game still gonna be on Sky?  Ain't got ESPN.

Christ i hope not

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 8:48am

no i mentioned above - sky cant show matches on same night champions league is on, so it isnt televised

is that tommy stewart who played for Linfield? what would be the point signing someone of that standard?

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 9:37am
Its good to see Lennon refusing to speak to the media. He needs to keep outa the spotlight for a bit and let the football and results do the talking. Unreal how he was made out to be the scapegoat.

-------------
It's a walk-off!

Posted By: dunloybhoy
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 9:39am
games def not on tv now, that sucks. looks like its a crappy stream then on wed night.

-------------
put em under pressure!

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 9:40am

First international honours for Celtic defender

Thomas Rogne has won his first call-up to the full Norway squad for the Euro 2012 qualifier with Denmark.

14 March 2011 14:17 GMT

• http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/235141-first-international-honours-for-celtic-defender/#article-comments - Comment
First%20international%20honours%20for%20Celtic%20defender

Thomas Rogne could make his debut at international debut for Norway this month against Denmark in a Euro 2012 qualifier. Pic: ©SNS Group

Thomas Rogne has been called into the Norway’s full squad for the first time in his career. The Celtic defender, who has been capped at Under-19 and Under-21 level for his country, is in Egil Olsen’s pool for the Euro 2012 qualifier with Denmark on March 26.

Rogne, who moved to Celtic in January 2010 from Stabaek, replaces the injured Vadim Demidov in the squad.

The 20-year-old defender hasn’t started for Celtic since the 4-1 win over Aberdeen in the Co-operative Insurance Cup semi-finals on January 29, going off injured in the second half against Craig Brown’s side.

Injury and the form of Charlie Mulgrew and Daniel Majstorovic in his absence has kept Rogne on the bench, before his return to action as a substitute in the recent win over Hamilton, in which Swedish stopper Majstorovic was also forced off injured.

Since his move, Rogne has featured 20 times for Neil Lennon’s side, scoring twice.

Norway currently top their qualification group for Euro 2012, having won their first three games against Cyprus, Iceland and Portugal.

-------------
put em under pressure!

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 9:41am
good to see, ive been impressed with him, its a pity he got injured when he did but now with Majstorovic injred he can step straight into the CB for suns final and weds cup replay

-------------
put em under pressure!

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 9:48am
Fookin hate Internet streams.

Was wondering where Tommy Stewart had gone to as he didn't sign another deal with Rovers, so I googled him and according to wiki, he signed for Celtic about 2 weeks ago.......He's a decent enough player and scored some vital goals for Rovers last year and he's still a young lad, just surprised we hadn't heard publicly he'd joined the Celts.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 10:30am
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Players-Lounge/100614539980452 - The Players Lounge
Inverness Ct V's Celtic
Live this wed KO 19.45
Followed by music from The Spirit of Freedom

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 10:41am

Fookin hate Internet streams.

Was wondering where Tommy Stewart had gone to as he didn't sign another deal with Rovers, so I googled him and according to wiki, he signed for Celtic about 2 weeks ago.......He's a decent enough player and scored some vital goals for Rovers last year and he's still a young lad, just surprised we hadn't heard publicly he'd joined the Celts.

havent heard that he signed at all. i dont know anything about the lad, is he any good?

-------------
put em under pressure!

Posted By: Justice No. 1
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 11:09am
Do all the Celtic players get paid in euros or is it just Anthony Stokes on the insistence of his dad?

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 11:20am
I dont think Stewart has signed, haven't seen it on any Celtic websites and i check them all every day, Would be a peculiar signing

possible banana skin on Wed night against ICT, won't be easy

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 11:26am

ICT away is always tricky. We just need to stay focussed and not get distracted by Sundays game. Hopefully Rangers pick up a few injuries on Thursday nite, starting with Diouf and Bougherra!

-------------
It's a walk-off!

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

no i mentioned above - sky cant show matches on same night champions league is on, so it isnt televised

is that tommy stewart who played for Linfield? what would be the point signing someone of that standard?

and what would you know about the standard of football on this island? mc court and mc ginn both played football over here, mc ginn even played for dungannon swifts ffs

embarassing post from you

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

and what would you know about the standard of football on this island? mc court and mc ginn both played football over here, mc ginn even played for dungannon swifts ffs

Meooow shoco

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

Meooow shoco

i was actually making a serious point, do you agree with his comment? do you think that if a player played domestic football in ireland then hes of "that standard" and not good enough to play for celtic?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 3:22pm

thats where your wrong Shoco, i watched Tommy Stewart several times playing against Cliftonville for Linfield, i watched him a couple of times on TV for Rovers also last season - he's never stood out as a player that would make it at Celtic, let alone improve the current playing squad

You think i dont know McGinn and McCourts background??

McCourts a fabulous talent and has a part to play at the club in the coming months and years in my opinion, He's a different level to Tommy Stewart, different class of play altogether

McGinn hasnt got a future in my opinion, he has a bit of pace but thats about it. I've nothing against him at all, i just can't see him getting his place in the near future given the players in front of him

i re-iterate my point - what would be the point in signing someone of Tommy Stewarts standard?
in no way was i belittling irish football so wind yer neck in FFS

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 3:27pm

thats where your wrong Shoco, i watched Tommy Stewart several times playing against Cliftonville for Linfield, i watched him a couple of times on TV for Rovers also last season - he's never stood out as a player that would make it at Celtic, let alone improve the current playing squad

McCourts a fabulous talent and has a part to play at the club in the coming months and years in my opinion, He's a different level to Tommy Stewart, different class of play altogether

McGinn hasnt got a future in my opinion, he has a bit of pace but thats about it. I've nothing against him at all, i just can't see him getting his place in the near future given the players in front of him

i re-iterate my point - what would be the point in signing someone of Tommy Stewarts standard?
Roberto Baggio 1
Shoco 0

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 5:23pm
Shoco's point is well made and while I appreciate Baggio you may have seen him "a few times", Stewart has plenty of talent and ability and there's no reason why he couldn't improve and develop if he went to Celtic.  He's a bit of a quiet lad as I said but he had an uncanny and crucial knack of getting big goals at big times (2 beauts against Pats at Tallaght when we were 1 nil down in a massive game particularly stand out) in his season at Rovers.  I've seen worse players than Stewart carve out a living in the SPL or lower English league teams.  Stewart took a while to get fit but once he did, he made an excellent contribution to Rovers taking the title and I wish him all the best, wherever he ends up.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 6:07pm

Roberto Baggio 1
Shoco 0

not really, his choice of wording suggested he was having a go at the domestic game here but keep score by all means

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 8:03pm

Roberto Baggio 1
Shoco 0

not really, his choice of wording suggested he was having a go at the domestic game here but keep score by all means
Roberto Baggio 2
Shoco 0

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 3:30am

lads i will delte all gimpy posts like the ones justice made on this thread , lets keep it to football

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 3:38am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

lads i will delte all gimpy posts like the ones justice made on this thread , lets keep it to football

Clap

Anyone know if Samaras has signed a new contract yet?

-------------
It's a walk-off!

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 5:12am

Just delete the comment.
You know yourself this thread will spiral out of control very quickly.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 5:27am
Originally posted by zoolander zoolander wrote:

Clap

not sure if the enigma has signed one yet or not

not sure if i want him to, his bad performances have outweighed the good, very frustrating at times but has shown well in the big games so far this season for a change

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 10:57am

Celtic in new Neil Lennon appeal

• Confusion reigns over Neil Lennon’s second four-match ban

Ronnie Cully

http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php - Share   http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/celtic-in-new-neil-lennon-appeal-1.1090526#have-your-say">

15 Mar 2011

Celtic will decide today if they are to once again go head-to-head with the SFA, this time over Neil Lennon’s latest four-game touchline ban.

The Parkhead club believe the sentence handed down to their manager for the altercation with Ally McCoist at the end of the Old Firm game on March 2 is flawed.

Lennon is already serving a four-game ban, which still has three matches to run, after being found guilty of serious misconduct during a game at Tynecastle on November 10 when was sent to the stand by ref Craig Thomson following a bust up with fourth official Steven McLean.

Last Thursday, when they announced that McCoist would be banned for two matches and Lennon for four – the Celtic manager having an extra two games added as per their sliding scale based on previous offences – the SFA decided that these suspensions would begin on March 16.

That, in effect, would have meant an overlap in suspensions for Lennon, and Celtic are confident that handing down concurrent instead of consecutive sentences is a breach of the SFA’s own rules.

The club have also been alerted to the fact that, again under the SFA’s rules, any automatic suspension should begin 10 days after the alleged offence. In this case, they indicated the ban would begin 14 days after the March 2 game at Parkhead.

Celtic – backed by legal advice from QC Paul McBride – have already shown that they are more than ready to take on the SFA when they believe the game’s ruling body is not adhering to the rules.

If they pursue their appeal on the grounds that the SFA have not followed their own procedures, it is certain to increase the bad blood which exists between the two parties.

McCoist has already indicated he intends to contest his ban, based on the grounds that he does not believe he did anything to merit being reported by referee Calum Murray.

If this is received by the SFA by tomorrow the Rangers assistant manager will be allowed to take his place in the technical area at Hampden for Sunday’s Co-operative Insurance Cup Final.

Lennon, meanwhile, will be forced to watch the game from the stand, as he did for the SPL game last weekend against Hamilton and as he will again do when his side take on Inverness in the Scottish Cup tomorrow night.

The postponement of the quarter-final tie against Caley Thistle on Sunday, and the subsequent cancellation of the SPL game against Hibs tomorrow night, mean that his current suspension will not now be served until after the league game at Inverness on April 2.

Depending on whether or not the club submit an appeal against his second ban – and the outcome of any such challenge – Lennon could then find himself starting another four games in the stand, one more game in the stand or no more games at all.

-------------
put em under pressure!

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 11:03am
lol mc coist looks like someone who was innocent in the who evening

-------------
put em under pressure!

Posted By: Wearside Bhoy
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by dunloybhoy dunloybhoy wrote:

lol mc coist looks like someone who was innocent in the who evening
Sally looks ready to explode Big%20smile

-------------
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 1:58pm

Clap

4 year contract on the table for him so ive heard!!! Think they"ll wait until May when his contract is just up to renew

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 2:37pm
4 years???? No way, he's only played about 4 good games for Celtic!! I'd give him a 12 month deal and try and get a bit of consistency and form out of him.

-------------
It's a walk-off!

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 2:39pm
Is there any other clubs interested in Samaras. Clubs in greece perhaps?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 2:45pm
He's been linked with clubs in Italy but I'd hate for him to go on a free in the summer. When he's on form the Huns can't live with him which is the most frustrating thing when you see him play.

-------------
It's a walk-off!

Posted By: Emerald
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 3:22pm
Hooper called up by Ingaland U-21s

%20 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9425802.stm

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 4:47pm
Good point Zoolander bout only offering him a 12 month contract
Dont think his performances have deserved any longer. 

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 8:25pm
Theres not many players in world football in their mid twenty"s that would take a 12 month rolling country lads....He"s an international at the end of the day!! He"s so frustrating but he can be brilliant (SPL Level) esp against the huns , hence why Hoops and Sammy are always up front against them!! 4 years is ok if he can get his finger out of his hole when it matters against the likes of Killie , Sheep Shaggers and the likes of Cally on a consistent level!!

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 4:11am
Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

Hooper called up by Ingaland U-21s

%20 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9425802.stm

hes deserved that call up, hes a decent striker, strong on the ball and can put it in the net.

fair play to him

-------------
put em under pressure!

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 8:32am
I see sammy got a 3 year deal

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6816427,00.html - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6816427,00.html

-------------
It's a walk-off!

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 8:46am

I see sammy got a 3 year deal

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6816427,00.html - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6816427,00.html

good result for a man with only a handful of memorable performances

i suppose if we decide to sell we'll get a decent fee now

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 9:18am

I wonder what sorta dollar he's on. Crazy giving him 3 years.

-------------
It's a walk-off!

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 9:57am
says in the report he will be one of the highest earners at the club now :s

-------------
put em under pressure!

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 10:07am

Rigg time

CHRIS RIGGOTT wants to solve Celtic's central defensive injury woes.

The former England Under-21 cap could seal a short-term deal with the treble-chasing Hoops.

Riggott, 30, is a free agent after leaving Cardiff City on transfer deadline day in January and SunSport can reveal the Hoops have been alerted to the availability of the ex-Middlesbrough star.

Now Celts boss Neil Lennon is considering a shock swoop for the stylish centre half.

Daniel Majstorovic faces eight weeks out after breaking a toe on his right foot.

Lennon has only Charlie Mulgrew, Thomas Rogne and Glenn Loovens ready for the run-in.

And if Riggott can prove his fitness after recent injury problems, he could be drafted in.

SunSport understands Riggott would be keen to try and win a Hoops deal.

He has been training at hometown club Derby since a hamstring problem ended his stay at Cardiff six weeks ago.

The defender has a wealth of experience with the Rams as well as Boro and Stoke City.

He played for Boro in the 2006 UEFA Cup Final loss to Sevilla and played more than 200 top-flight games in England.

He rejected a deal to stay at The Riverside under Gordon Strachan last summer for a new challenge at Cardiff.

But his one-year deal was torn up in January after just a handful of appearances.

Riggott is now close to full fitness and wants to show Celts he can assist in the push for glory.

Lennon takes his side to Inverness tonight for a rescheduled Scottish Cup quarter-final.

They face Rangers in the Co-op Cup Final on Sunday.

And they lead Gers by two points in the title race as the season enters the home straight.

Meanwhile, Celtic will decide today whether to challenge Lennon's latest SFA touchline ban.

He faces a four-game suspension after his clash with Rangers No2 Ally McCoist this month.

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 10:42am

Rigg time

CHRIS RIGGOTT wants to solve Celtic's central defensive injury woes.

With all the hassle surrounding Wilson at Forest,(apparently that wee currant bun Davies won't let him train with any team at the club),it is a pity we didn't agree something in January

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 11:31am
Sammy was interesting Palermo and Sporting Lisbon in January was he not? If he does go now at least we will get a fee.
BTW I assumed Sky were showing the game tonight!

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: cass123456
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 12:50pm
Anyone got a link for a stream for the match tonight. It is on Channel67 on Celtic website but only live to overseas viewers.

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 1:35pm
streams on here
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/55229/1/watch-inverness-vs-celtic.html

-------------
put em under pressure!

Posted By: cass123456
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 2:37pm
great stuff, fank yoo

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 3:38pm
got out of jail at the end of the half,havent been particulary good so far.

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 3:45pm
Loovens is so sh*te it's untrue, stream I'm watching has no replays, but you didn't need to see his giving away the pen a second time, what a stocking.  Great we got back on terms immediately, must do better 2nd half.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 3:51pm

Loovens is so sh*te it's untrue, stream I'm watching has no replays, but you didn't need to see his giving away the pen a second time, what a stocking.  Great we got back on terms immediately, must do better 2nd half.
yeah agree about loovens FW,having plenty of the ball but something just lacking up front

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 4:46pm
Good win, always tricky away to ICT. Loovens can't play on Sunday.

-------------
It's a walk-off!

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 6:12pm
Lastvdecent game loovens had was the league cup final againstvrangers 2 years back , deck I thought he was the messiah after that game

-------------

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 7:01pm
Why is Rogne not playing? He was doing very well until his injury. If Mulgrew and Loovens are the centre-backs on sunday then i fear for the Hoops.. Mulgrew has a good left peg but cant defend to save his life.. He makes Ian Harte look like a world class defender and thats saying something.

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 3:55am
Really hope that after last nite Lennon will start rogne on Sunday. We can't afford any stupid mistakes or penalties.

-------------
It's a walk-off!

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 3:46pm
Great to see Ledley get on the scoresheet twice.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how well Celtic do in Europe next year.
If we win the league are we automatically in the CL?

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Wearside Bhoy
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 7:57am
This weeks Celtic View has some cracking Irish articles re St. Pats Day.

-------------
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 10:05am
I see big Bartley is out for the Huns on Sunday and Lafferty is a doubt. The more the merrier!

-------------
It's a walk-off!

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 11:26am
Bartley is quite good, very quick and strong, good news for us.  Wouldn't be concerned about that other tool Lafferty anyhow, he's sh*te.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 6:46pm
I fancy another easy win for us on Sunday. We are just at a different level

-------------
It's a walk-off!

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 6:56pm

I fancy another easy win for us on Sunday. We are just at a different level

Hmmmmmmm, not sure I'd use easy win ever pre-Old Firm game and a Cup Final.  I hope you'll be proved right of course.  Any sorta win will do me.

-------------

Posted By: samscafe
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 2:17am
The huns will look to shut this down and kick us off the park.  With Bartlkey missing they won't want to play an open expansive game and leave Weir exposed to Hooper running past him.   Expect certain players to be targetted, Brown, Hooper and Kayal spring to mind. 

-------------
Certain mods are complete wankstains

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 5:32am
The last 3 old firms the quality of our team has shone through. Rangers will stick to their anti football tactics and probably play no strikers again. We need the ref to have a very strong game.

-------------
It's a walk-off!

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 7:49am
Think it will go to ET and from there hope we can do enough to get the win.
HAIL HAIL

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 9:51am
Any idea who's reffing tomorrow? 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 10:48am
Head Mason Craig Thomson

-------------

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 10:56am

Bartley is quite good, very quick and strong, good news for us.  Wouldn't be concerned about that other tool Lafferty anyhow, he's sh*te.
Bartley has impressed me loads when on loan at Sheff Utd but having seen 2 games he's played again Celtic he's played midfield or at least been in that area most of the game which surprised me as at arsenal and sheff utd he was always played c/b or f/b

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 10:59am
Paddy Power gave me a hundred euro free bet that has to be used by tomorrow night. Just chucked on the Bhoys at 5/4. Glasgow is greenand white. Look at the likely startingx1's.
               Celtic                                                      Rangers          
               Forster                                                  Alexandery
Wilson Rogne Mulgrew Izzy           Fostery Grandaddy Bougie Papacy
          Kayal Ledley Ki                     Whitty Eduy Biblebashery Cheaty        
Commons               Sammy                            Spitty jellyfishy
                Hooper

Will ra peepul have enough players to fill a bench tomorrow? Maybe we could give them Loovens and McGinn

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 11:07am
Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Reckon we will win but might need ET. Huns will play horrible negative football which might affect the quality of the match but what do we expect at this stage?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 11:11am

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Reckon we will win but might need ET. Huns will play horrible negative football which might affect the quality of the match but what do we expect at this stage?

I can't understand the negativity, have we forgotten the last three games?We are on a different planet to them. I expect this to be rather comfortable. Once we get an early goal it will become another possession procession

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 11:17am
any scandal in this thread?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 11:22am
I agree clonbhoy the Huns will go out and play for penalties. Look at the Scottish cup replay, once we scored they hadn't a clue wot to be at. Can't wait for this game! Mon the Hoops!!

-------------
It's a walk-off!

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 11:32am

I agree clonbhoy the Huns will go out and play for penalties. Look at the Scottish cup replay, once we scored they hadn't a clue wot to be at. Can't wait for this game! Mon the Hoops!!
silly thing to say that Rangers will go out and play for penalties,stoopid comment,i hope Celtic win this BTW

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 1:16am
Mon the Hoops.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 3:47am
Important game today, a win sets up end of season nicely. Be nice to see Lennon lifting trophy

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 3:50am
Thought some of you guys might be interested in the work of these guys, just fans doing their bit.

As every Celtic fan knows, the story of our football club is like no other.

Forget the statistics and the honours for a moment and you have a love story, a story of the underdog in a foreign land fighting for survival, literally, to put the next meal on the table. We were born not simply as a football club, we were a means to an end.

Brother Walfrid was quick to realise the potential for feeding the poor of the parish that the game of football brought and he knew too that to survive he needed to attract the cream of the crop to play a new brand of fast, attacking, entertaining, football that would provide a beacon of light for the impoverished Irish Catholics of the East end to look up to and take pride in.

Men like John Glass came to the fore as Brother Walfrid’s right hand man, alongside Dr John Conway, a brilliant Doctor who could have earned top dollar in London but instead chose to remain in Glasgow’s East end. Pat Welsh stepped forward too, accompanying Brother Walfrid and John Glass to the home of the Maleys in December 1887 to sign Tom Maley,when they ended up inviting Willie Maley along too, a move which changed the next 50 years of the club in an instant.

Founding fathers William and John McKillop, as well as Joseph Shaughnessy, Hugh Murphy and David Meikleham, Daniel Molloy, first Secretary John O’Hara and first Chairman John H McLaughlin and Tom White, all pioneers who played their part in establishing Celtic FC.

And what do they all have in common?

They all lie at rest in one of most historic sites in Celtic’s history after Celtic Park itself and the Estadio Nacional, Lisbon, that of St Peters Cemetery, Dalbeth, just a stone’s throw from Celtic Park itself. In its historic grounds lie not only many of the founding fathers who turned a ghetto club into one of the biggest clubs in the world but so too lie many of the hundreds of Irishmen who laboured to build the initial Celtic Park and make it the finest in the land.

It is a treasure trove of Celtic history and within its walls lie at rest many of our ex players who made us great.

Early players such as Dan Doyle, Michael Dunbar, Jerry Reynolds, Sandy McMahon, David Hamilton, Barney Battles, Johnny Divers, Mick McKeown, Johnny Campbell as well as Jimmy McMenemy, John Bonnar, John McAlindon and the legendary Jimmy McGrory.

The Celtic Graves Society aim to ensure that all those who played their part, no matter how small, in the rise of our club will be remembered and commemorated. Their graves,where necessary, will be marked and their lives celebrated and their achievements never forgotten.

To stand at their graves is to stand in the shoes of men like Willie Maley, maybe even Brother Walfrid and many other great names from our past who would have been in attendance as they were laid to rest.

We encourage you to take advantage of our tours of the cemetery and remember our dead.

"They never die who live in the hearts they leave behind"

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 6:20am
that's a good piece sam, a concise roll of honour of the founding fathers.

-------------

Posted By: Jerryfromkerry
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 7:14am
What time is this game on. What channel

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 7:55am
3pm jerry. BBC Scotland as far as i know

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 7:57am
Can you get that on sky

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 8:20am
Ch 971 on Sky Jerry

i think if we keep our heads today and play our normal game we'll be good enough to win
Let them play their anti-football and probably try to kick us off the pitch again, but we'll be patient and too good for them in the end

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 9:01am
Setanta Ireland also.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 9:03am
In the girlfriends house sky only goes up to 970 dont tell me i have to go to the pub

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 9:11am

Setanta Ireland also.

Back to mine so cause upc in that house.

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 9:17am
Come on Celtic!!!!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 9:27am
Huns have announced quite an attacking team, if we get control of midfield they could leave themselves well exposed at the back

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 9:57am
great display from the fans

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 10:06am
samaras is on a going day

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 10:27am
f**k

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 10:30am
you fcking beauty

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 10:31am
yup joe

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 10:31am
lead didn't last long

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

lead didn't last long

LOL

Posted By: MintBerryCrunch
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 10:34am
What happened there pointed at the spot

He bottled it pointed to the spot

Wasa peno iswell any contact at all its a peno, we would be cheering for it at the other end

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 10:38am
Originally posted by MintBerryCrunch MintBerryCrunch wrote:

What happened there pointed at the spot

+1   

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net