You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12351236123712381239 1935>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Terry in taking a thread off-topic and talking sh*te shocker, with another moron or two in tow.
Er, how exactly is discussing the security arrangements at Windsor for Celtic's game against Linfield taking the Celtic thread "off-topic"?

This is by no means the first time you've had an ad hominem pop at me, under the flimsiest of pretexts.

Edited by Territorial - 23 Jun 2017 at 2:57pm
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Terry in taking a thread off-topic and talking sh*te shocker, with another moron or two in tow.
Er, how exactly is discussing the security arrangements at Windsor for Celtic's game against Linfield taking the Celtic thread "off-topic"?

This is by no means the first time you've had an ad hominem pop at me, under the flimsiest of pretexts.
Because we know f**k-all about the security arrangements, I would fully expect this to go off with little incident but we still have post upon post of complete bollocks, none of it in anyway connected to the thread title.
I don't find that flimsy, especially as you regularly destroy threads I have an interest in and only come on here with the full intention of being a ****.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 3:21pm

Because we know f**k-all about the security arrangements, I would fully expect this to go off with little incident but we still have post upon post of complete bollocks, none of it in anyway connected to the thread title.
I don't find that flimsy, especially as you regularly destroy threads I have an interest in and only come on here with the full intention of being a ****.
List of posters who have commented on the safety/security aspect of Celtic playing at Windsor:

Denis Irwin
Roberto Baggio
Cabra Hoop
Manchester Bhoy
Territorial
Grubar
baresi41
Gspain
Corkery
mike74
Gashley Grimes
MC Hammered
Devrozex
SuperDave84
(plus, of course, pre Madonna)

List of posters to whom pre Madonna has taken exception for having commented on the safety/security aspect of Celtic playing at Windsor:

Territorial

List of posters who have been to 100+ games at Windsor:

Territorial

Edited by Territorial - 23 Jun 2017 at 3:22pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 3:34pm
Your debate with the other clown was about what could happen on match day, away from the ground. It was the two of you who brought it off-topic and even you aren't that obtuse not to realise that, I admit I could be wrong there. We then have three pages of absolute bollocks that have little connection to Celtic or the upcoming match, it is just another great opportunity for you to talk about the social and political situation in Northern Ireland, every angry Nordie's favourite subject.
The reason why it was an 'ad hominem' attack was there is a common denominator of threads being dragged off towards this fascinating subject and guess what?It is you!
I couldn't give a f**k if you live in the Kop with all the other creationists, this thread isn't about what could happen away from football grounds, if you want that there is a Nordy thread somewhere where Muff is fascinated by your every word on such subjects. 
This is my last post on it, as I am know going to become as guilty as you and 'Jock' for dragging this off-topic.
By the way, most of those posters commented on the security at the match itself. There is a subtle but important difference.

Edited by pre Madonna - 23 Jun 2017 at 3:35pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 3:43pm

Your debate with the other clown was about what could happen on match day, away from the ground. It was the two of you who brought it off-topic and even you aren't that obtuse not to realise that, I admit I could be wrong there. We then have three pages of absolute bollocks that have little connection to Celtic or the upcoming match, it is just another great opportunity for you to talk about the social and political situation in Northern Ireland, every angry Nordie's favourite subject.
The reason why it was an 'ad hominem' attack was there is a common denominator of threads being dragged off towards this fascinating subject and guess what?It is you!
I couldn't give a f**k if you live in the Kop with all the other creationists, this thread isn't about what could happen away from football grounds, if you want that there is a Nordy thread somewhere where Muff is fascinated by your every word on such subjects. 
This is my last post on it, as I am know going to become as guilty as you and 'Jock' for dragging this off-topic.
That's a serious amount of semantics to "justify" your having a pop at me.

By the way, most of those posters commented on the security at the match itself. There is a subtle but important difference.
So the safety and security of spectators within the stadium itself is fit for discussion, but the safety and security of spectators before and after they enter the stadium is not?

If that afterthought is the best you can come up with to disparage me/my posts, then you really are looking desperate. LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 3:52pm

That's a serious amount of semantics to "justify" your having a pop at me.

So the safety and security of spectators within the stadium itself is fit for discussion, but the safety and security of spectators before and after they enter the stadium is not?

If that afterthought is the best you can come up with to disparage me/my posts, then you really are looking desperate. LOL
Yes, as I have clearly explained. One is relevant as it it has to do with the match, what happens in marching season in Belfast has f**k all to do with  it. Although I know you knuckledraggers would love to blame Celtic fans so you could win your next game of whataboutery.
I would imagine that if I went on OWC to talk primarily about the socio-economic, religious and political  situation in Cork then I would look desperate, but ......................

Back on topic, all has gone quiet on the transfer front after Hayes, apart from the usual attempts by the rags and agents to unsettle players.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 5:07pm

Yes, as I have clearly explained. One is relevant as it it has to do with the match, what happens in marching season in Belfast has f**k all to do with  it.
It was not I who dragged the marching season into it. Rather it was I who took exception to the poster who did, by pointing out that Linfield should not be held accountable for what occurs around that event. 

Although I know you knuckledraggers would love to blame Celtic fans so you could win your next game of whataboutery.
So I'm a "knuckle-dragger", am I?

Charming.

Meanwhile, where have I "blamed Celtic fans" for whatever trouble may or may not occur around this match? Or absolved Linfield fans, for that matter?

I would imagine that if I went on OWC to talk primarily about the socio-economic, religious and political  situation in Cork then I would look desperate, but ......................
Where have I talked about "the socio-economic, religious and political  situation" [in Belfast] during this discussion?

You are throwing out wild, generalised accusations against me - and exclusively against me at that - without quoting one single example from my posts.

So if you think my posts objectionable, then I suggest you either "put up or shut up".

Alternatively, if it is I whom you find objectionable, then tough titty - there are Moderators whose job is to make such a judgement and I am happy to answer to them.

Edited by Territorial - 23 Jun 2017 at 5:09pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 5:36pm

Yes, as I have clearly explained. One is relevant as it it has to do with the match, what happens in marching season in Belfast has f**k all to do with  it.
It was not I who dragged the marching season into it. Rather it was I who took exception to the poster who did, by pointing out that Linfield should not be held accountable for what occurs around that event. 

Although I know you knuckledraggers would love to blame Celtic fans so you could win your next game of whataboutery.

Charming.

Meanwhile, where have I "blamed Celtic fans" for whatever trouble may or may not occur around this match? Or absolved Linfield fans, for that matter?

Where have I talked about "the socio-economic, religious and political  situation" [in Belfast] during this discussion?

You are throwing out wild, generalised accusations against me - and exclusively against me at that - without quoting one single example from my posts.

So if you think my posts objectionable, then I suggest you either "put up or shut up".

Alternatively, if it is I whom you find objectionable, then tough titty - there are Moderators whose job is to make such a judgement and I am happy to answer to them.
No, but it is funny that you appeared as soon as it did. I agree with the premise, there was no need for three pages on the matter though, which was largely your responsibility.

Yes, based on your posts on here I find you a little 'backwards', despite all protests to the contrary. There are a lot of them in your part of  the world though. You probably seem quite progressive there.

If I find your posts objectionable I will say so, that is the beauty of a forum for discussion. Which means the same childish retort back at you about 'putting up' etc.
I just find it peculiar how you come on to a thread and it somehow gets dragged back to Northern Ireland, even if somebody else mentioned it first, in you appear to drag us all off up that road. I find it to be one of the most off putting things about this forum.
Likewise,  am sure people find me to be the same, and have no problem if pulled up on it.

Personally, I think the mods should have banned you a long time ago.

Now, can we please get back to discussing Celtic Football Club and not the north of Ireland.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 6:42pm

Charming.

No, but it is funny that you appeared as soon as it did. I agree with the premise, there was no need for three pages on the matter though, which was largely your responsibility.

Yes, based on your posts on here I find you a little 'backwards', despite all protests to the contrary. There are a lot of them in your part of  the world though. You probably seem quite progressive there.

If I find your posts objectionable I will say so, that is the beauty of a forum for discussion. Which means the same childish retort back at you about 'putting up' etc.
I just find it peculiar how you come on to a thread and it somehow gets dragged back to Northern Ireland, even if somebody else mentioned it first, in you appear to drag us all off up that road. I find it to be one of the most off putting things about this forum.
Likewise,  am sure people find me to be the same, and have no problem if pulled up on it.

Personally, I think the mods should have banned you a long time ago.

Now, can we please get back to discussing Celtic Football Club and not the north of Ireland.
So as I was saying, which particular posts of mine did you find objectionable?
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 7:29pm
Bunch of weeners.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Bunch of weeners.
what I find ironic is premadonna accuses someone else of ruining threads that he has an interest in. Coming from the man who has an opinion on every matter, and has no issue calling all and sundry a **** a million times a day. The same fella who under his previous alias caused the single biggest discredit to this site and the real life (non internet) good intentions it stood for.

Edited by Saint Tom - 23 Jun 2017 at 8:22pm
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Bunch of weeners.
what I find ironic is premadonna accuses someone else of ruining threads that he has an interest in. Coming from the man who has an opinion on every matter, and has no issue calling all and sundry a **** a million times a day. The same fella who under his previous alias caused the single biggest discredit to this site and the real life (non internet) good intentions it stood for.
Really? Few examples there chap? I only occasionally call people ****s, it s usually accurate too.

Discredit? Sure it was about a year later when someone had an issue with it and only then because someone at the FAI were looking for something to throw faeces at. 

I have never met anybody use the word weener who wasn't just that themselves though, I have only every heard one person use it as well.LOL
mike74 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 11:35pm

Originally posted by mike74 mike74 wrote:

Originally posted by mike74 mike74 wrote:

Think about how the world views a KKK march in some hick town in the deep south... that's how the Orangemen, their incendiary parades and the bonfires (complete with effigies aimed at provocation) around the twelfth come across to the rest of civilised society. You may not like it but it is true.
I have absolutely no time for these Orange marches myself.

But I still fail to see how they are the responsibility of Linfield FC, or should compromise the club's right/ability to stage this match (assuming they get the go ahead from PSNI, which they appear to have done).

Smacks of classic "Themmuns are all the same" syndrome to me. Wacko

P.S. Hope you're remembering to flush...

Maybe flush your eyes out yourself there kid.. where did I say they were anything to do with Linfield... smacks of the classic "see one thing, read another"
Wah?

This is the Celtic thread on a football forum. Celtic could be playing Linfield in Belfast. People are discussing the suitability/security etc of Linfield to stage this game at Windsor.

In that context, you go off on one about Orange Marches etc, but now you're claiming that you meant no connection between your rant and the subject under discussion i.e. Linfield?

In the words of a great philosopher, "Don't piss down my neck and tell me it's raining..."

Despite the quality advice I got from my mother as a child about not debating with idiots because they will bring you to their level and beat you with experience I will give this one more go... but I fear you may still get the wrong end of the stick...

The gombeens who spend their summer accumulating pallets, making bonfires and parading the streets would have been the likely cause of the vast majority of trouble surrounding this fixture.. directly or indirectly (through the atmosphere their actions bring about).. Linfield are, quiet obviously, not to blame for their actions.. these knuckledraggers may or may not supoort Linfield, they may suppport new Rangers or Chelsea or Liverpool for that matter.. its largely irrelevant..

i assume Linfield and the PSNI would have done their best in the ground and the immediate areas around it to prevent trouble.. however they could not prevent all those who drag their knuckles annually from causing trouble and targeting the fixture as an excuse to propagate their antiquated ideals and kulture...

I'm outta here anyway until after this fixture.. too many twits on this thread since this draw was made.. it'll be good to get back talking about football when this side show has finished and the hoops enter the next round on the back of spanking this lot..

Edited by mike74 - 23 Jun 2017 at 11:36pm
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 10:09am
linfields refusal to play on 11 or 12th with no away fans should mean expulsion from the competition, you dont enter something without this knowledge

as for the security arrangements i'll leave this here 

yes things have moved on a little bit 

i am pissed off were not taking tickets but probably for the best and it will show these orange tramps up for what they really are living in a dark age 

i just hope celtic officials and players get in and out of that cesspit safely

or even better the san marino team beat them
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

linfields refusal to play on 11 or 12th with no away fans should mean expulsion from the competition, you dont enter something without this knowledge
Linfield did not "refuse" to play on 11th or 12th. They originally opted to play on 11th.
However after discussion with PSNI, it was decided that 14th would be better, and both Celtic and UEFA were amenable to this (otherwise it wouldn't have been switched).
And there will be no Celtic fans because Celtic decided not to take their allocation. Had they not made that decision, then Linfield would have fulfilled their obligation to accommodate their visitors.

But hey, why let mere facts get in the way of a good hate-filled rant? Clown
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 12:45pm

Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

Linfield did not "refuse" to play on 11th or 12th. They originally opted to play on 11th.
However after discussion with PSNI, it was decided that 14th would be better, and both Celtic and UEFA were amenable to this (otherwise it wouldn't have been switched).
And there will be no Celtic fans because Celtic decided not to take their allocation. Had they not made that decision, then Linfield would have fulfilled their obligation to accommodate their visitors.

But hey, why let mere facts get in the way of a good hate-filled rant? Clown
Hate filled rant LOL typical bullshoite from one of them uns again, OH they do love to take offence over everything
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 12:50pm
In a way i admire us not taking the tickets, maybe the knuckledraggers will return the favour. Some how I don't think they have the class or decency.

Be a stroll in the park for us football wise...
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Hate filled rant LOL typical bullshoite from one of them uns again, OH they do love to take offence over everything
My mistake ("hate-filled rant") - I kinda ran the previous post by 'Mike74' into 'Manchester Bhoys' post, as though they were one.

But my point to MB about the facts of the matter still stands.

Edited by Territorial - 24 Jun 2017 at 12:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12351236123712381239 1935>
  Share Topic