You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Bruce Springsteen Appreciation Thread!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 4:26pm
Was he just sitting at home and went f**k this I'm going to chance my arm and see if I can bonk into this gig even though I don't know any of the songs? or what was his thought process around this.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Young lad who works with me hopped over a wall and got in. Knows nothing about Springsteen and only knows Born in the USA. Was absolutely blown away by the whole show,reckons it was the best gig he was ever atLOL

seen a fella get in over a wall onto the old terrace stand in rds last night wonder of it the same fella LOL

Bruce puts on a fantastic show doesn't stop from the minute he comes on stage to the minute he finishes must play for close to 3 hours each night 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Was he just sitting at home and went f**k this I'm going to chance my arm and see if I can bonk into this gig even though I don't know any of the songs? or what was his thought process around this.
Him and his mate were in Ranelagh getting grub and wondered what all the traffic was about. Had f**k all else to be doing. I told him it was great gig on Friday so he gave it a bash!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 5:03pm
Is it that easy to get into the RDS just climb over a wall? If he did it how many more did it you might wonder..
I love beer gardens
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 5:06pm
He rolled into a pub in Rathangan last week for a lock in ,Mate of mine sent me on a video of the Boss having a scoop and belting out a few tunes.

He has relatives in Rathangan and supposedly Tom Hanks does too ...Rathangan has a vast talent pool that also includes Brian Dowling and Jedward LOL
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 5:09pm
Was at the gig myself last night. What a show.

Didn't play thunder road or the river (and some others) bit didn't matter in the slightest. An unbelievable energetic set with belter after belter. 

The sound was superb and the band were absolutely on point as always.
That's the sixth time I've seen him. My absolute favourite.

Im convinced that the Letter to You album would be considered an all time great album if it was released by someone else.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 5:23pm

Young lad who works with me hopped over a wall and got in. Knows nothing about Springsteen and only knows Born in the USA. Was absolutely blown away by the whole show,reckons it was the best gig he was ever atLOL

dubs Thumbs Down

Was offered tickets last minute but had too much on 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 6:27pm
He just gets better and better and better. Amazing gig last night, probably my favourite of anytime I have seen him.
Just constant song after song no breaks. Was about 50mins into gig before he said a word.
Some man for his age
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOL
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 7:42pm
I fear this might be the last time we'll get to see him and the band do a stadium tour. I wish they could go on forever because seeing them live is such a life affirming thing (great to see the young lad in the story above thought the same 😂😂😂). 

Tickets were €130 but they were worth every cent. The man never dials it in.

I'd say Bruce on his own might have a fee solo tours tours left in the bag
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2023 at 5:16pm
Darkness on The Edge of Town is 45 years old today! Strong argument to be made that it is, pound for pound, his best album. Not a weak song on it.

So many bangers on there; Darkness, Racing in The Streets, Prove it All Night, Badlands, The Promise Land

Edited by zizu Kilbane - 02 Jun 2023 at 11:42pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2023 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Darkness on The Edge of Town is 45 years old today! String argument to be made that it is, pound for pound, his best album. Not a weak song on it.

So many bangers on there; Darkness, Racing in The Streets, Prove it All Night, Badlands, The Promise Land
Hard to argue. Born in the USA has its fair share of great tracks also
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2023 at 9:09pm
Streets of Fire. Turn it up to 11
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2023 at 9:36pm

Darkness on The Edge of Town is 45 years old today! String argument to be made that it is, pound for pound, his best album. Not a weak song on it.

My favourite album of the Boss is Darkness.

There's a great documentary about the making of it.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2023 at 11:46pm

Hard to argue. Born in the USA has its fair share of great tracks also

Born in the USA is a phenomenal album in its own right, but for me those first 4 Springsteen albums are the backbone to everything he's done. Born in the USA is very '80s'...lots of synthesisers etc. (Not a bad thing!) But those first 4 albums are so raw. 
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2023 at 11:19am
Tunnel Of Love is Bruce's best album.  Sparce production compared to Born In The USA of reflective songs which, with the benefit of hindsight, chronicle the collapse of his first marriage.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 8:21am
The Boss is coming back in May 2024. 4 Irish dates announced! 

Belfast, Kilkenny, Cork and Dublin
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 8:25am

Bruce Springsteen has confirmed a return to Ireland for a series of gigs in May 2024, with tickets on sale this coming Monday.

Springsteen will play at Kilkenny’s Nowlan Park, Cork’s Páirc Uí Caoimh and Dublin’s Croke Park on May 12, 16 and 19 respectively.

He will play in Belfast on May 9.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic