You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Bruce Springsteen Appreciation Thread!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by RoyD RoyD wrote:

Atlantic City, Tenth Avenue Freeze Out. American Skin. Really hope The Boss and E Street band tour again. 
2022 seems to be the talk.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 3:18pm
https://youtu.be/n-mq0uJ7rlM

Crank this up ta fuq, savage stuff

Edited by drog addict - 10 Oct 2020 at 3:29pm
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

https://youtu.be/n-mq0uJ7rlM

Crank this up ta fuq, savage stuff

https://youtube/n-mq0uJ7rlM%20

you have full stop in your link between the u and b thats why your link dont workThumbs Up
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:52pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 9:30pm
Never really got Bruce Springsteen. The very definition of dad rock. I always think of Reagan's (mis)use of Born In The USA at his campaign rallies and The Rising and the neo-con response to 9/11.

Doesn't do anything for me.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Never really got Bruce Springsteen. The very definition of dad rock. I always think of Reagan's (mis)use of Born In The USA at his campaign rallies and The Rising and the neo-con response to 9/11.

Well then tickle me pink I focking love Dad rock

But my own personal interpretation of Dad rock would be Status Quo And Steely Dan and the likes.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:13am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Well then tickle me pink I focking love Dad rock

But my own personal interpretation of Dad rock would be Status Quo And Steely Dan and the likes

I've never really minded Dire Straits, nor understood why they were singled out as particularly unfashionable. But maybe that's because my uncle played with them in their early days.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:34am
Ah here! Dire Straits is appalling stuff! Spend five minutes with a Dire Straits fan and you throw yourself out the pub window! Listen to 'Romeo and Julie and it will be the second floor one. 'Local Hero' is a decent tune though. 
Dismissing 'Steely Dan as just 'dad rock' is unfair though. It is probably a compliment to Status Quo though, even if it is hard not to enjoy their one song when full of light ale.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:43am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Ah here! Dire Straits is appalling stuff! Spend five minutes with a Dire Straits fan and you throw yourself out the pub window! Listen to 'Romeo and Julie and it will be the second floor one. 'Local Hero' is a decent tune though. 
Dismissing 'Steely Dan as just 'dad rock' is unfair though. It is probably a compliment to Status Quo though, even if it is hard not to enjoy their one song when full of light ale.

Making Movies is a terrific album. I wouldnt call myself a fan by any stretch but some of their tunes are great. Brother in Arms, So far away, Skateaway, Local Hero, Tunnel of Love and you cannot throw out Sultans of Swing. 

But some awful stuff. Twisting by the pool LOL

Edited by McG - 16 Oct 2020 at 8:43am
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:48am
I would throw 'Sultans of Swing' so far that it would never see the light of day again. Having had a stepdad(****) who was a fan didn't help. Bizarrely, he otherwise had very decent musical tastes and introduced me to the Delta blues. I suppose we all have our weak spots.LOL

I thought you were one of the good guys too.Cry

Edited by pre Madonna - 16 Oct 2020 at 8:48am
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:53am

I would throw 'Sultans of Swing' so far that it would never see the light of day again. Having had a stepdad(****) who was a fan didn't help. Bizarrely, he otherwise had very decent musical tastes and introduced me to the Delta blues. I suppose we all have our weak spots.LOL

I thought you were one of the good guys too.Cry

Apologies PM but i am the opposite because my own aul fella is a bit of a Knopfler fan LOL 

And being a guitar fan i appreciate the inimitable hook of the tune and MK treating it as an extension of his arm. 

Stickin it on now Big smile
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:58am
Let's stop talking about the **** in this thread.LOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:59am
Sticking on the Wild, the innocent and the E Street Shuffle.

Kitty's back.....turn it up.
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 10:46am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Sticking on the Wild, the innocent and the E Street Shuffle.

Kitty's back.....turn it up.
Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 2:30pm
Sometimes you need Bruce to make everything better.Clap

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 3:15pm
A fine song a longClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 3:23pm
I can't watch him without getting overly emotional these days. He tests my heterosexuality a lot too. Some arse on him.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:43pm

Sometimes you need Bruce to make everything better.Clap

What a tune. Always reminds me of that summer show he did in RDS years ago and was blistering summers day - actually got this little 6 year old up to sing along with him and she knew all the words. Brilliant gig.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic