You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Arts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:10pm
My brothers ex girlfriend who studied art in the crusty capital of ireland namely galway city drew a picture of two cows with a nuclear power plant billowing smoke in the background and in font was written When Will It All End? .absolute pretentious horsesh*te.i was so upset id to head for pints of guinness and bacon fries in the local
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:15pm
Sounds like she just combinted two pink floyd album covers. 
AKA pedantic kunt
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

My brothers ex girlfriend who studied art in the crusty capital of ireland namely galway city drew a picture of two cows with a nuclear power plant billowing smoke in the background and in font was written When Will It All End? .absolute pretentious horsesh*te.i was so upset id to head for pints of guinness and bacon fries in the local

The cows must have been a representation for global warming and perhaps the nuclear plant was a symbol for future
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:20pm

She should have painted 2 pints of guiness with some bacon fries in a pub with footie on the tv with a quote at the front of the painting "No nonsense".
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Sounds like she just combinted two pink floyd album covers. 

like myself she s a big radiohead and pink floyd fan but theres an awful lot of pretentious sh*te associated with these two bands.radiohead are my favourite band but they can be insufferable at times.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:25pm
All this arts talk has me thirsty now.anyone know how to teleport to the dew drop in for a tuesday night guinness to get the 2nd half of bayern game?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:26pm
Theres a yoke called the galway arts festival. I have been living here donkeys but have never seen the parade or anything. I think its gimps on stilts or mimes or lads dressed up as dragons and sh*t. What the point of it is f**k knows.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:28pm

All this arts talk has me thirsty now.anyone know how to teleport to the dew drop in for a tuesday night guinness to get the 2nd half of bayern game?

just use mime and pretend you are there sipping a smooth cool pint watching the game eating bacon fries.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Theres a yoke called the galway arts festival. I have been living here donkeys but have never seen the parade or anything. I think its gimps on stilts or mimes or lads dressed up as dragons and sh*t. What the point of it is f**k knows.

trap you should be on those no nonsense john smiths ads.i loved those with peter kay in them.
Im starring in a new john smiths ad where those crustys in eyre square still wont leave so basically i send in the guards with flamethrowers and the ad ends with the caption no nonsense while liberals are running around in flames in eyre square.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:38pm

just use mime and pretend you are there sipping a smooth cool pint watching the game eating bacon fries.

nah its not quite the same is it?im in a more salted peanuts mood.guinness is €4 which is good for galway
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:41pm
The anger is really flowing now so this might take a while. Did art for the leaving and it is such a load of bollox. Making modelsnout of coathangers etc.. and clay yokes. What good is that to society? As if anyone would actually buy these hideous yokes and display them in their gaff. They just create more rubbish for landfill sites when they are thrown out. All these crusty art people going on about the environment when they are contributing to pollution of our planet by producing sh*te.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:50pm
Now onto Shakespeare. This twat should have been strung up for producing brutal stories. His poncy language with ye olde school english is an attempt to gloss over the fact that his storylines were both wanky and boring never mind realistic. He is held up in reverence by toffs and literary people. For what? His storylines were crap. His form of english was just the way people talked back then. Its not like he invented it. Its no more sophisticated than todays english with slang. Language evolves so ponces stop living in the past. If Shakespeare was alive today his talents would be employed by the Hallmark channel writing cheap budget murder mysteries shown at 1.30pm. Either that or a script writer for Diagnosis Murder.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:57pm
Have headed to the Arts Festival a few times, quality,.  Saw   Spiritualised and Primal Scream a few years ago at it with Babysis.  Quality Gig.

And no before anyone asks it was not a date.  :)
AKA pedantic kunt
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 9:01pm
Wherefore art thou jessica fletcher whyeth doth everytime you appeareth someone doth die
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Have headed to the Arts Festival a few times, quality,.  Saw   Spiritualised and Primal Scream a few years ago at it with Babysis.  Quality Gig.

And no before anyone asks it was not a date.  :)

I can also confirm this was definitely not a date

I can also vouch for the dew drop pints tonight, as good as always
GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 9:49pm

Now onto Shakespeare. This twat should have been strung up for producing brutal stories. His poncy language with ye olde school english is an attempt to gloss over the fact that his storylines were both wanky and boring never mind realistic. He is held up in reverence by toffs and literary people. For what? His storylines were crap. His form of english was just the way people talked back then. Its not like he invented it. Its no more sophisticated than todays english with slang. Language evolves so ponces stop living in the past. If Shakespeare was alive today his talents would be employed by the Hallmark channel writing cheap budget murder mysteries shown at 1.30pm. Either that or a script writer for Diagnosis Murder.

The same can be said for the Beatles and many popular contemporary artists.

Shakespeare sold out the Globe regularly, and the themes of death, betrayal and lust in his work are still evident in modern day film.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 11:07pm

TBH trap i studied shakespeare before but he was probably one of the first literary satirists in that the royals and nobility of the time loved going to his plays for the drama and intrigue but what shakespeare was doing was attacking the lifestyle,beliefs,suspicions,conduct and environment that these royals/nobility were part of by highlighting their own human need for power and status.hamlet and king lear are examples of this.
Oscar wilde done the same thing in attacking the higher class edwardian culture of 19th century
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 11:10pm
No offence but its not as if shakespeare had any competition back then.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic