You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Arts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Arts
    Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 12:33pm
Anyone else think this is a load of bollox? sh*te artwork, acrobats prancing around, modern art, theatre and mime, gimps on unicycles etc seems like the most boring thing ever. I see sky have actually set up a channel dedicated to this muck now.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 12:49pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Anyone else think this is a load of bollox? sh*te artwork, acrobats prancing around, modern art, theatre and mime, gimps on unicycles etc seems like the most boring thing ever. I see sky have actually set up a channel dedicated to this muck now.

Its for pretentious c*nts, just like those who use french words or latin words in speech or sentences

Edited by seanyshuffler - 17 Apr 2012 at 8:14pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Its for pretentious c*nts, just like those who use french words or greek words in speech or sentences

Touche

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 12:59pm
Jaysus the f**king ignorance.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 1:04pm
Loada bollex IMHO
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 1:05pm
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

I'm getting Sham a print of that for his house warming. Something tells me he'll enjoy it more than a George Forman grill.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 1:46pm
Not a fan of modern Art myself or experimental dance but jesus a good play can be as good as any film.

Loads of great Irish plays some stirring stuff over the years. 

Also I would not be of the view that the Arts only encompasses them

I would think music of all kinds is the arts and in many ways football can be an art form.

We have come along way from the modernists views of the world that there is a canon of art and that art should be studied and the lives of the authors etc should be studied to a post modern world were art is seein in many forms and in many ways its the audience that decides on the place the art goes rather than the text or the author. 

Are poems and song lyrics included in your rant Trap. 

Also Sky Arts is quality some great music shows on it,  One of the main reasons I moved from UPC to Sky was due to Sky Arts great music documentaries and Ronnie Woods music show etc.
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 1:47pm
TA
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 1:55pm
Poetry is the most overrated load of rubbish. Dont even get me started on Shakespeare.

Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 1:59pm

Its for pretentious c*nts, just like those who use french words or greek words in speech or sentences

Monge Tut Rodney

Whats worse is those fooking Arts degrees, what a waste of tax payers money,, 4 yeas for some unshaved hippy chick to learn how to draw match stick men
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 2:02pm

Poetry is the most overrated load of rubbish. Dont even get me started on Shakespeare.

You're dead right there Trap - it much ado about nothing
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Monge Tut Rodney

Whats worse is those fooking Arts degrees, what a waste of tax payers money,, 4 yeas for some unshaved hippy chick to learn how to draw match stick men

Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 2:08pm
Does anyone else think that the paddy's day parade is complete sh*te now with all those contemporary dancers dressed in bin bags prancing around the street.
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 2:18pm

Does anyone else think that the paddy's day parade is complete sh*te now with all those contemporary dancers dressed in bin bags prancing around the street.

It beats a scout troop walking along picking their nose, well maybe not if they were picking each others nose
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 2:21pm
Poetry is brilliant!!!
So are stageplays. (Philadelphia Here I ComeHeart)
Ballet is beautiful too. 

Art is fairly sh*tty though imo.
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 6:33pm
Stage plays are great, depending on the story alright.
I did acting in college and I totally know what you're talkin about TJ. Many a 'play' where we were all dressed all in black, and there was no sets, the typical type of w*nky stuff that everyone hates. 
One class we had to be a sponge. A f*ckin sponge.  Really not what I thought it was gonna be.

And if anybody studied music for the leaving cert they'll know of Gerald Barry. Terrible stuff.
The dark side.. And the light
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Monge Tut Rodney

absolute classic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic