You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terrorist attacks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 162>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:15pm
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:27pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

WWN.

A fine piece but I made the mistake of reading the comments underneath as well...............

Scary stuff that. People are generally horrifyingly stupid. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 12:06am
Classic, I was tempted to read the comments and thought better of it. 

My brother lives near Finsbury Park, the cleaner of their gaff was hit by the van, and his housemates friend was stabbed in the neck in a restaurant with that other attack. 

London is having a tought time of it lately 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 12:11am
Friend of mine shared an article about the Finsbury Park attack from The Independent with a fantastic line:

"Relatives of the man held by police over the Finsbury Park attack has expressed their shock, saying he was "troubled [but] not a racist", while a neighbour described the suspect as a "complete c***"."
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 12:12am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 12:13am
LOLFor once an honest neighbour, it's usually he was a lovely man that kep himself to himself and would do anything for you, which is a nice was of saying he was a complete ****
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:02pm
That really made me laugh LOL

Sometimes i think it really is that simple and there are two types of people - sound people and ****s

Not all ****s kill people some do. All killers and terrorists regardless of creed or colour are ****s. Simples

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:27pm
Piers Morgan fighting with TR was TV gold
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:35pm
Brendan Cox hits the nail on the head with his appraisal that we should be treating all terrorism in the same way. A really good contribution to a debate where polarised politics gets in the way of properly debating the matter.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 3:59pm
It's sad that only traditional terrorist outrages against Westerners and Western countries generate blanket media coverage. Whether it's in America or Afghanistan, murder is murder is murder, it all is the same conclusion.

Even in the most recent attack in London, like in Stockholm and Munich, once it was clear that it didn't fit the usual narrative, the press soon lost interest, as if it doesn't matter.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Piers Morgan fighting with TR was TV gold
https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/piers-morgan-tears-into-disgrace-tommy-robinson-on-good-morning-britain-592318 

Edited by Sham157 - 20 Jun 2017 at 4:45pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 4:49pm
Everything Piers said was spot on. He does the things people agree with like exposing the extremist Mosques like the one in Manchester but everything else he says is simply inciting hatred. 

Then he brings a Qu'ran into the Studio and starts quoting Churchill ... Who ironically was an islamaphobe also.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 4:53pm
To be fair to Churchill he hated everyone; Muslims, Irish, French, The working class, the middle class, blacks . You name it, he hated it. It was the poor Bengalis got the worst doing off him though.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 6:05pm

To be fair to Churchill he hated everyone; Muslims, Irish, French, The working class, the middle class, blacks . You name it, he hated it. It was the poor Bengalis got the worst doing off him though.

A pure ****!

One example of what he said about Indian's...

"I do not agree that the dog in a manger has the final right to the manger even though he may have lain there for a very long time. I do not admit that right. I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place".
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

A pure ****!

"I do not agree that the dog in a manger has the final right to the manger even though he may have lain there for a very long time. I do not admit that right. I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place".

I thought that 'dog in the manger' quote was referring to the Palestinians but may be wrong on that

Couldn't be arsed googling.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

A pure ****!

I thought that 'dog in the manger' quote was referring to the Palestinians but may be wrong on that

Couldn't be arsed googling.

Correction it is...

However it is a perfect example of his racist views towards non-whites.

Edited by colemanY2K - 20 Jun 2017 at 6:53pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 7:27pm
His response to a telegram telling him of  the number of people wasting to their deaths in the Bengali famine of '43, a famine caused by the huge export of food from the subcontinent to Britain for the 'war effort, was to enquire if Gandhi (another racist) was one of them. 
He then went on to tell the then Secretary of State for India that he hated Indians. "They are a beastly people with a beastly religion".
He later officially absolved himself of all blame for the famine at a war cabinet meeting, blaming the Indians themselves  for "breeding like rabbits".

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 162>
  Share Topic