You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Survey on how LOI football should return

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 8:56am
and the FAI think the 4 euro clubs should bail out the league?
Bohs should hand over money to the likes of pats and Derry to pay players wages , full time players, while we continue to be part time and live within our means?? f**k off.
Sponsored Links

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

and the FAI think the 4 euro clubs should bail out the league?
Bohs should hand over money to the likes of pats and Derry to pay players wages , full time players, while we continue to be part time and live within our means?? f**k off.

Not paying a cent to teams who had several times our budget and failed to spend their way to the top. We've earned our euro money by living within our means. 

The money will always be found for the national team. 
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 6:55pm
Just say no. Cork City are in debt because numptys elected their buddies. The other clubs should not have to give them money.

Edited by Jackal - 13 Jun 2020 at 6:56pm
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 3:14pm
It's a non-story, won't be happening. I'd be angry enough if I was a Dundalk fan and the FAI were trying to shovel their sh*t downstream, even angrier that clubs can waste years upon years of euro money and then come looking to leech off our hard work. 

This isn't a serious proposal. The FAI will get the league restarted, as time goes on UEFA will be looking at the situation and we'll get into the question  again of whether we should be allowed to field a national team without a functioning league. They tried to dump the league before and realised that UEFA won't let them do it without sacrificing their cash cow national side. The money will eventually turn up from the Mick and Robbie fund. What's happening now is they're trying to paint a picture of a poor damsel in distress league, in the hope that someone in Leinster House will pick up the tab. 
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 2:59pm
So, league is back at the end of July. Hopefully there might be an option to pay and watch your team online while crowds are still not allowed in. 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 3:16pm
Just continuing on from where it was left and only playing 2 rounds, so only 13 games is a bit crap. Really should have tried and had 3 rounds and a proper season or at least come back and play 2 full rounds.

But at least it's a plan but should not have taken this long, Euro clubs will get some games before the Euro campaign.

League finished in Oct 2019.
3 1/2 month break to the new season.
4 1/2 month break for covid 19
back for 3-4 months to finish season before another long break

Seems like a write off of a year

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 4:17pm
Count yourselves lucky being in the premier we had a 6 months break and haven’t had a home game since 15th September 2019.

Great to see common sense being applied by the fai and all teams being treated equally.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Just continuing on from where it was left and only playing 2 rounds, so only 13 games is a bit crap. Really should have tried and had 3 rounds and a proper season or at least come back and play 2 full rounds.

But at least it's a plan but should not have taken this long, Euro clubs will get some games before the Euro campaign.

League finished in Oct 2019.
3 1/2 month break to the new season.
4 1/2 month break for covid 19
back for 3-4 months to finish season before another long break

Seems like a write off of a year
Yeah seems like a season just thrown together to give the European teams some practice and have us ready for next year.

Can't see many of the non-European team getting much of a squad together. They won't have the cash without crowds. Probably better off leaving the players on unemployment payments and going part time. 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 8:52pm
I doubt they can do that if the players have contracts. The fact there will be relegation means it would be a big risk.

I do feel that’s what some of the clubs wanted to do though

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

So, league is back at the end of July. Hopefully there might be an option to pay and watch your team online while crowds are still not allowed in. 

Crowds of 500 allowed outdoors from 1 August so there should be crowds allowed in. Shels CEO said we've sold approx 500 season tickets so they could be allowed in depending on government advice
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Crowds of 500 allowed outdoors from 1 August so there should be crowds allowed in. Shels CEO said we've sold approx 500 season tickets so they could be allowed in depending on government advice
The 500 might include the teams, reporters, club officials etc.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

The 500 might include the teams, reporters, club officials etc.

Even if it did, you'd still get a few hundred fans in fingers crossed
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 12:02pm
Happy with the outcome, every game will matter now

I'm hoping Bray let their season ticket holders back in, don't see why they wouldn't 
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

I'm hoping Bray let their season ticket holders back in, don't see why they wouldn't 

This could get tricky. Probably gonna be 400ish fans by the time players, management, stewards, medical staff, sponsors, etc are catered for first. 

Are season ticket holders more deserving that fans who pay full whack every home game. I know lads who pay every game and have been doing that for years. 

We have about 600 season ticket holders, so probably have to do a draw for each game if its limited numbers in. 

The main concern for clubs that only let in season ticket holders is that a club are not getting any gate receipts because they have paid their money already. And the gate receipts could be the difference between breaking even or making a big loss this season. 

Its a balls. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 2:15pm
Can't think of any fairer way than allowing season ticket holders in tbh. They've already vastly overpaid for the handful of games they're allowed in to, and I could see a lot of anger brewing if non ST holders are allowed in ahead of them
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 4:22pm
League is off again?
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

This could get tricky. Probably gonna be 400ish fans by the time players, management, stewards, medical staff, sponsors, etc are catered for first. 

Are season ticket holders more deserving that fans who pay full whack every home game. I know lads who pay every game and have been doing that for years. 

We have about 600 season ticket holders, so probably have to do a draw for each game if its limited numbers in. 

The main concern for clubs that only let in season ticket holders is that a club are not getting any gate receipts because they have paid their money already. And the gate receipts could be the difference between breaking even or making a big loss this season. 

Its a balls. 

So your saying the clubs should hold on to the money that's already been paid for season tickets, then not let the people with season ticketsin to the games but rather make other people pay in?

How does that make any sense? Can Sligo afford to refund season ticket sales if they want pay at the gate only?

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 11:04am
Do Sligo withdraw their objection to playing now they've raised all that money? If they don't play, do they intend refunding everyone?
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic