Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunderland Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12961297129812991300 1451>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 4:24pm
H
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Under 8,000 fans at The Sol today, Gillingham at home or not there's no excusing how poor the attendance was.

I suppose with how badly Sunderland have started the season and it's been very much up and down thus far under Parkinson I think a lot of fans are just getting disillusioned.

Hopefully things start to turn for the better soon!

Honestly, it’s hard to blame people at all! The FA Cup is a reserve team trophy, even for teams in the lower leagues. The only incentive is to draw a big team for the money and nothing else.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 4:30pm
Yeah I don't disagree with you re that it's become a reserve team trophy unfortunately.

I wonder would regionalizing the competition for the first few rounds proper do anything to revamp it?

You might have situations where draws throw up some local derbies and also less travelling time fo fans.  
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 4:41pm
I am not sure it can be revamped! When mid-table teams in League Two aren’t taking it seriously then I think it is time to be scrap it.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Cup fever mounting on Wearside the Gillingham hordes have arrived! Big smile
Really? All I get is apathy towards it! I’m not even bothering with the game here today.
I was being ironic. Sunderland were dreadful today can't get going.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 4:52pm
Fair enough! Was it usual ticket prices?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Fair enough! Was it usual ticket prices?
£10 adults £5 concessions.
kevblackcat12 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevblackcat12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 8:45pm
Thoughts on Parkinson so far?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by kevblackcat12 kevblackcat12 wrote:

Too much George Best and Billy Connolly, I enjoyed the Yorkshire Tea advert though.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by kevblackcat12 kevblackcat12 wrote:

I'll judge when we've played more LEAGUE games.

Edited by Double Maxim - 09 Nov 2019 at 9:05pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 12:46pm
Loads of changes in the starting line up tomorrow night?

The sooner we are out of this mickey mouse cup the better. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 7:21pm
IF Sunderland beat Gillingham in the fa cup replay they will play at home to AFC Wimbledon or Doncaster.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 6:52pm
Sunderland putting out a strong line up tonight though that doesn't guarantee a thing!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 9:34pm
Mickey Mouse cup.
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 10:54pm
another farce of a performance .........
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 11:21am
Welcome to the crazy world of ybig SunlunBhoy your life will never be the same again.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 10:35am
I thought Stewart Donald came over very well on the phone in on local radio last night.

"The facts that I can divulge are that Sunderland has got no debt, no loan, and Madrox now has a financial arrangement with the investors and that is our responsibility to satisfy."

Donald says the fact that Fuhrman, Phelan, and Platek, have backed the current owners to the tune of £9m should be seen as a vote of confidence in their stewardship of the club.

And he rejected suggestions from some fans that the current owners are 'chancers' waiting to 'cash-in'.

He also revealed that they could have left in the summer and banked a profit in excess of £30m, but opted to stay.

He said: "It's fair game, you can criticise us for appointing the managers, changing the managers, whatever you like on the football side.

"But one thing that isn't fair, that isn't right, is that we have come here as chancers to cash in and take the money.

"We could have quite easily walked away with £30m-plus profit in the summer, but we chose not to do that because the idea was to bring in quality investment.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 1:20pm
More from what was said by Stewart last night.

Madrox owes Donald £20m and FPP £10m?!
Juan offered to pay them the loan money.

Haven’t skimpt on buying players

Plan on investing in whole area.

Investment for players planned in January.

The insult matter handled well by him, and can be put to bed. 

If Madrox defaults on the loan (which he doesn't expect) then FPP will own the club, only the owners can really lose out.

It's up to Parkinson to get Will Grigg scoring.

He's had a break from going to games due to serious family issues, said the fans have been brilliant with him

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:31am
Stewart Donald saying Rivhard Hill saved SAFC and the fans should buy him a beer!

"The one thing I would say about Richard Hill is that Sunderland Football Club would not exist the way it does because of him.

"I brought him in and he had to do all of the financial transactions. When I came in and looked at it in real detail I though, 'what have I done here?'

"But he was so strong and he negotiated so well for us that actually he really saved the club - he more than anyone.

"We've got a lot to do to get it right, and I'm determined as anyone and as disappointed as anyone that the football is where it is.

"But Richard wasn't brought in for recruitment, he was brought in to get these deals, and he did that. So don't criticise him, buy him a beer!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12961297129812991300 1451>
  Share Topic