You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Summer holidays

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Don't usually do summer hols. Probably go away in November. Hoping to France and Belgium after Ferry to Cherbourg. Not sure where is good to stop off so lots of planning to do! 

Belgium in November after 18 hours on the boat in the darkness. She will be delighted Marko LOL
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Don't usually do summer hols. Probably go away in November. Hoping to France and Belgium after Ferry to Cherbourg. Not sure where is good to stop off so lots of planning to do! 

Belgium in November after 18 hours on the boat in the darkness. She will be delighted Marko LOL

Believe me, we would both take that any day of the week over the sun! We don't do well in heat LOL
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 12:18am
Lads, word of advice from an elder lemon, enjoy every minute of your years holiday because one day when you least expect it,  you'll will morph into Airport Dad..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:35am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Anyone have experience with Orlando and how much they spent on spending money when there?

My circumstance would be:
Breakfast is covered in hotel
no additional transport costs
probably bring a packed lunch.

So really just an evening meal (with one or two drinks) for 2 adult and the two brats (ages 14+9) buying bits and pieces in the parks.
250 Euro a day too little?

Never got to do this Cry.
Covid struck. Got a credit note but by time things opened back up its was 3k dearer and we had a new baby (Covid baby I guess people call them). Not going to spend that kind of money with a baby. We will wait until baby is older and try again (or maybe she is old enough that we don't feel bad leaving her for 2 weeks with family while we bring the older kids Big smile).

Prices for Orlando are only getting dearer too but is a great holiday especially if into theme parks and rollercoasters.

Myself and herself have booked 2 weeks for next march be over for St Patrick's day really looking forward to getting back over. Will have to watch the playoffs over there too not that it's looking likely that we will be in them 

We're doing a cruise and few days in Miami in March so will be there for St Patrick's day too. Pop down for a few pints to say hello.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 9:08pm
Was in London last weekend 

Explored around a few 'football areas'. The new Tottenham Stadium looks very impressive but the area around it not so much. Quite the Caribbean ways 
and a little run down. Love the darts and always wanted to see Ally Pally. Very impressive complex with great views of London. The Emirates and surrounding areas nice but a little out of the way. Hoping to do a walk around Chelsea/Fulham/Richmond and Twickenham (a bit of egg ball tourism) when I'm back over there the next few times. Seeing a few events in Wembley Stadium so nice to get that off the list in the very near future 

Transport is top notch and simple with oyster card/contactless payment. Some buses a little shabby 

Stayed in Barking which was grand and very multicultural. The O2 complex is something else as we're the pints of Bud costing £8.50 in the Arena (complete piss)

Edited by Healy52003 - 07 Jul 2023 at 9:08pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Explored around a few 'football areas'. The new Tottenham Stadium looks very impressive but the area around it not so much. Quite the Caribbean ways 
and a little run down. Love the darts and always wanted to see Ally Pally. Very impressive complex with great views of London. The Emirates and surrounding areas nice but a little out of the way. Hoping to do a walk around Chelsea/Fulham/Richmond and Twickenham (a bit of egg ball tourism) when I'm back over there the next few times. Seeing a few events in Wembley Stadium so nice to get that off the list in the very near future 

Transport is top notch and simple with oyster card/contactless payment. Some buses a little shabby 

Stayed in Barking which was grand and very multicultural. The O2 complex is something else as we're the pints of Bud costing £8.50 in the Arena (complete piss)

Becks 7 quid in tge ‘ABBA’’ arena 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2023 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Becks 7 quid in tge ‘ABBA’’ arena 

Went to that, brilliant show tbf 

Yeah paid £7 for a pint of Corona there. It was probably the best pint of the weekend. Mostly a Carlsberg and Heineken drinker and you know most of the boozers don't seem to have the traditional beers you get here

Spoons are the same over there as here bar maybe sound on TV
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2023 at 8:26am

Yeah paid £7 for a pint of Corona there. It was probably the best pint of the weekend. Mostly a Carlsberg and Heineken drinker and you know most of the boozers don't seem to have the traditional beers you get here

Yeah thought it was excellent myself - when ‘they’ were on stage you would off thought it was really them 

Very good set up re getting a beer and the DLR station right beside it 

I would say there is a few bands looking at it 1700 seats at £71 a pop and there were very few empty seat at the 1500 show on saturday
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2023 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Yeah thought it was excellent myself - when ‘they’ were on stage you would off thought it was really them 

Very good set up re getting a beer and the DLR station right beside it 

I would say there is a few bands looking at it 1700 seats at £71 a pop and there were very few empty seat at the 1500 show on saturday

Yeah went to the 1500 show myself and you'd swear it was the middle of the night with the buzzing atmosphere. For a 90 min show it is quite pricy and got a resale ticket for £35 myself so not complaining 

Very handy having the tube station next door 
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2023 at 3:24pm
I go to lanzarote for 4 weeks in the summer with the wife and kids (my dad has a place over there so works out cheap enough)

Mrs wants to shorten that next year and do a week in salou also. Flights are flaming mad for salou for 5 of us. The hotels with kids clubs are mad price too (she wants to do nice hotel, geared towards kids, etc)

Anyone other recommendations in Spain or Portugal that might be a bit cheaper? Cry
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2023 at 3:43pm
Fuengirola Beach apart/hotel is a great spot. Never available on booking,com. We would always email them asking for availability. 
Massive shopping centre beside it with plenty for kids to do on the roof …go karting, slides, bouncing castles etc. Bars alsoBig smile
On the opposite side of shopping centre there’s another apart/hotel called Miramar. Lovely place also but a bit smaller. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2023 at 2:22pm
Currently in Carihuela in Benelmadena for a month. 

Superb part of Spain. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2023 at 3:55pm
a month? You lucky dog.
No Pasaran!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2023 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

I go to lanzarote for 4 weeks in the summer with the wife and kids (my dad has a place over there so works out cheap enough)

Mrs wants to shorten that next year and do a week in salou also. Flights are flaming mad for salou for 5 of us. The hotels with kids clubs are mad price too (she wants to do nice hotel, geared towards kids, etc)

Anyone other recommendations in Spain or Portugal that might be a bit cheaper? Cry
Cye Aparthotel Centre in Salou good for children, has kids club and usual kids evening entertainment, it's not mad expensive - paid €1,040 for 8 nights SC for 5 of us last month. Its not top end but was revamped just before Covid so is in good nick for the price. Not much going on for kids older than 8 or 9 though. Evening entertainment after kids disco/show is your standard stuff, bingo, quizzes, magic show.. .bar closes about 11.45. Solid 8 our of 10. Another place to consider we stayed in previously is The Dorada Palace Hotel which is bigger than the Cye and slightly more expensive, but evening entertainment is better..... one other to consider in Salou is the post leaving piss up groups, to be avoided like the plague.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 09 Jul 2023 at 11:41pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2023 at 11:55pm

Really liked Cambrils park last year.  Great for the kids.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2023 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Really liked Cambrils park last year.  Great for the kids.  
YEah I've done Cambrilis and Sanguil the past two years, superb spots, highly recommend.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2023 at 7:55pm
Appreciate all the suggestions and had the decency to look into them all. 

Made us Appreciate what we have when we looked at the prices tbh - decided on the usual 4 weeks in lanzarote, but might pop over to fuerteventura for a few days in middle of it.

Thanks again 👍
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic