You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange things people do

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 80>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:44am
I met an Irish girl in NZ about 10 years ago who had "Made in Dublin" tattooed on her lower back.

Tattoo's are a very personal choice and some people won't get it.
The way modern culture is going the % of people with tattoos will increase over time.

In America 40% of adults between 21-40 have a tattoo. That will break 50% soon and it will happen over here too.

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I met an Irish girl in NZ about 10 years ago who had "Made in Dublin" tattooed on her lower back.

The way modern culture is going the % of people with tattoos will increase over time.

In America 40% of adults between 21-40 have a tattoo. That will break 50% soon and it will happen over here too.

Does that mean she was born in Dublin, or did she confirm with her parents that she was conceived in Dublin?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Does that mean she was born in Dublin, or did she confirm with her parents that she was conceived in Dublin?

Maybe she's a massive Aslan fan.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 1:57pm
I knew a Rangers and Wets Ham fan in London, full orange order and loyalist tattoos, one of which was a barcode that said 'Made in Northern Ireland'. His great-grandfather had been born in Belfast, his surname was Kavanagh! He used to get very upset when I called him Irish Mick because of it! Thankfully he never hit me though. He looked like Buster Bloodvessel after a few weeks in a health farm. I drunkenly offered him out once, after a Glasgow derby, and although he said no he liked me after that. Some logic.
His old man punched me in the facethough when I was working behind the bar though. That pub was f**king nuts.

Speaking of tattoos, can someone tell me what those hipster tattoos symbolise? They are usually on the forearm and involve lots of lines? I see them everywhere these days.

Edited by pre Madonna - 25 Jun 2017 at 2:53pm
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 2:32pm
what pub was that Pre M? LOL 

Off to the Kings Head in Stratford to watch the Dubs in a bit. The Donegal fella with the greasy mullet who runs it is gas.

Pub was a heady mix of Irish nutters and West Ham ICF when i lived over that way. All got on like a house on fire surprisingly. Ireland v France in the Euros was a mad mad day. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

what pub was that Pre M? LOL 

Off to the Kings Head in Stratford to watch the Dubs in a bit. The Donegal fella with the greasy mullet who runs it is gas.

Pub was a heady mix of Irish nutters and West Ham ICF when i lived over that way. All got on like a house on fire surprisingly. Ireland v France in the Euros was a mad mad day. 
It was called the White Horse on Hoxton St., often referred to as 'the Black Man's' by locals as it had the first black bar man in the area about 80 years before and to differentiate it from the strip club up the road. It became a hipster's pub soon after and last time I was in the area it had closed down. I had some mental times in that gaff though, absolute f**king lunacy.

The King's Head is a great spot, does he still put the rebel bands on? I had a great Sunday there listening to Spirit of Freedom after a Celtic match, which was weird as there was a lot of ICF and Tommy Robinson wannabe types around alright!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 10:08pm
Put stupid sized headphones on do they look like cybermen from Dr who
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

On some bank holidays and the likes of Christmas Eve when the managing director would send a message round the various office managers to let us go home at 2 or 3 o clock, instead of having to work to 5, a fella in my office used to tell our line manager  not to send us home early as he would only end up getting housework to do from his wife.
So he f**ked up the chances of me getting away early because he hadn't the gumption to go and sit in the pub, a bookies, McDonalds or go for a drive for a few hours.

BUMP

He booked two days off work, yesterday and today, to go to a wedding yesterday. He's come in for a few hours today just to get out of the house. Confused
Jaysus he must really hate his life

Got back from lunch to find an email circulated to say we were closing at 2pm today
Happy days says I. The odd ball isn't going at 2 he says and is staying to do more work

Confused
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 1:57pm

On some bank holidays and the likes of Christmas Eve when the managing director would send a message round the various office managers to let us go home at 2 or 3 o clock, instead of having to work to 5, a fella in my office used to tell our line manager  not to send us home early as he would only end up getting housework to do from his wife.
So he f**ked up the chances of me getting away early because he hadn't the gumption to go and sit in the pub, a bookies, McDonalds or go for a drive for a few hours.

BUMP

He booked two days off work, yesterday and today, to go to a wedding yesterday. He's come in for a few hours today just to get out of the house. Confused
Jaysus he must really hate his life

Got back from lunch to find an email circulated to say we were closing at 2pm today
Happy days says I. The odd ball isn't going at 2 he says and is staying to do more work

Confused

Are you sure she is not hitting him a few slaps?

It sounds like he needs to grow a pair.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:34pm
ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

Why on earth did he think that would be a good idea

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/youtuber-cement-head-microwave-response-video-jay-swingler-a8101956.html

Edited by lassassinblanc - 11 Dec 2017 at 2:34pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:36pm
What would actually be hilarious was the fire service leaving him with his cement head 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:37pm
This thread has some golden oddballness, please share some more stories 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

Why on earth did he think that would be a good idea

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/youtuber-cement-head-microwave-response-video-jay-swingler-a8101956.html
We have all done stupid things when we've been plastered.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:43pm
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 3:30pm
cant stand doors being open even a we bit. It drives me mental. If im walking down the town and I see a door open in a bar or chipper or whatever it will piss me of so much ill have to close it or it will be on my mind all day Embarrassed
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

cant stand doors being open even a we bit. It drives me mental. If im walking down the town and I see a door open in a bar or chipper or whatever it will piss me of so much ill have to close it or it will be on my mind all day Embarrassed
Even if they have deliberately opened it? Quite often, especially in relation to the businesses listed above, they will be open for a reason. You must drive the poor small business owners in your town up the f**king wall!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

That is fantastically strange Clap
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 3:53pm
I used to have a thing that the lights in the house had to be even. you can turn on landing light from downstairs and upstairs if it's uneven used to annoy the crap out of me so much that I run up or down the stairs to correct it.

When moved to new house the lights was designed different so no matter what you did it was always uneven I eventually got over it thanks to that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 80>
  Share Topic