You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steven Gerrard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steven Gerrard
    Posted: 16 May 2015 at 9:40am
The acclaim will be over the top today, with everyone trying to out do each other with a better tribute.
So here's mine.

Of all the modern home grown greats , The Nevilles, Lampard, Terry, Giggs, Scholes etc. nobody has had more of an influence on one team. That's not to say one is better than the other. But take any of Utd or Chelsea's lads away and they probably would have went on to the same level of success, as the club would have found a replacement......Beckham out, Ronaldo in.

For years, Gerrard has been the main man that the opposition had to stop. He has played with a handful of world class players over 15 years.
At one stage Giggs and Scholes had Tevez, Ronaldo and Rooney ahead of them. That's not their fault and not using it as a stick to beat them with......but for years the opposition playing Liverpool had only one man to stop, and that was Gerrard. AC Milan couldn't do it when they were 3 up.

When he walks out today , a lot of board members, past and present should hang their head in shame that they have failed Gerrard. Uniteds board over the years had vision to build Old Trafford piece by piece to the largest ground in England. Liverpool are now planning an extension. One which will see their income rise to just 2 million less than Old Trafford per home game, as opposed to over 3.

United built a theatre of dreams and filled it with world class talent for Giggs etc to flourish.

Gerrard was playing with...Sinama Pongolle, Aspas, Aquilani and Andy Voronin.

In truth ! Liverpool failed Gerrard and they should be ashamed.
Sponsored Links

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 10:48am
Well said my friend
Its very frustrating being a Slob
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:43am
He will be extra hollywood today. He will love it
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Is that bad ? To love acclaim, respect and admiration.

It's an easy stick to use to put down someone who is successful. ' he loves the attention',

Every football fan has dreamed of scoring the big goal in the big game to run to the fans, and they'd love it.

Whether he will love it or not is irrelevant as to how to judge someone.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:17pm
It is when it affects performance. I mean you could argue CR7 does it but it benefits the team. Having one player making everything about him all the time has deprived Liverpool over the past decade
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:24pm
I know. The deprivation he put the club through. That time he took the penalty instead of letting Andy Voronin get the scoring feeling. Or that time he asked Sky to interview him after the match when Sean Dundee had been man of the match and Gerrard just took over. The time he told England that he was captain or else he was going home.
Lifting the Champions league trophy first and not letting Traore lift it
Putting in a performance to label the Fa Cup final the ' Gerrard Final ' , writing to the media asking them to refer to it as the Gerrard final. Asking Mourinho to sign him 3 times when he could have asked Mourinho to sign Bruno Cheyrou. Imagine what that could have done for Cheyrous confidence and spurred him on at Anfield. But no it was only about Stevie me going to Chelsea. The bastard
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:25pm
I'd say today will be more of the same too
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:29pm
Stevie me didn't go to Chelsea as he would have bedn found it. He used Maureen for leverage to get more wonga oyt of his beloved Liverpool.

I expect it be even worse today. He will continually be trying 90 yard shots and 300 yard balls while crying. I wouldn't be surprised if he brought out a waxwork of himself and made love to it
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

I know. The deprivation he put the club through. That time he took the penalty instead of letting Andy Voronin get the scoring feeling. Or that time he asked Sky to interview him after the match when Sean Dundee had been man of the match and Gerrard just took over. The time he told England that he was captain or else he was going home.
Lifting the Champions league trophy first and not letting Traore lift it
Putting in a performance to label the Fa Cup final the ' Gerrard Final ' , writing to the media asking them to refer to it as the Gerrard final. Asking Mourinho to sign him 3 times when he could have asked Mourinho to sign Bruno Cheyrou. Imagine what that could have done for Cheyrous confidence and spurred him on at Anfield. But no it was only about Stevie me going to Chelsea. The bastard

Embarrassed
LOL
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:33pm
The premier league would have been a lesser place without him. He gave us so many entertaining moments over the years. Whether it be the last minute goals or the moments that non-Liverpool friendly people would like.

The Tony Romo of English Football. And thats a compliment.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 16 May 2015 at 12:33pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:33pm
He didn't go to Chelsea as he would have been found out.

Good lad
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:40pm

He didn't go to Chelsea as he would have been found out.

Good lad

Ignore him.
He's looking for attention with his constant snide comments.

Edited by horsebox - 16 May 2015 at 12:40pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:40pm
He stayed because he loved Liverpool so much
Eamon Numpty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamon Numpty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 2:35pm
A nothing player
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 4:54pm
Just done his hamstring in the warm up!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 5:14pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Is that bad ? To love acclaim, respect and admiration.

It's an easy stick to use to put down someone who is successful. ' he loves the attention',

Every football fan has dreamed of scoring the big goal in the big game to run to the fans, and they'd love it.

Whether he will love it or not is irrelevant as to how to judge someone.
Who we talking about here as its clearly not the person the thread is about, one could describe that person as a serial under performing loser!!!

Anyway, time for ye all to get the kleenex ready (I'll leave it up to you as to how you'll use the kleenex)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 5:14pm
Not sure about this pitch side pre match interview. Get on with it ffs!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 5:15pm
Over before it started. That's ok I guess,
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic