Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Kenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 194>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

Just looked at the odds for next Ireland manager, grim stuff.

Roy Keane fav, followed by Andrews, Duff and Robbie Keane. Then Stephen Bradley and Michael O'Neill.

Realistically Micheal O'Neill will be out of our budget should the job come up.  Paul Cooke has been linked with the English womens post would be my choice.

Paul Cook. 

Good shout. Went from LoI and proved himself at multiple levels in England. A steady progression. 

I imagine he would have managable salary expectations too. 

achieved a modicum of kennys success in the league of ireland, so clearly a tinpot manager using your own logic on kenny

LOL Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:36pm
Paul CookLOL
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:39pm
Big Sam

Has the ego, has the cojones, would jump at it

Would be a great boost for the League of Ireland as well

Now, where's Denis O'Brien
"ONE-NIL!" - David Coleman, George Hamilton - "Finding The Words - The Art of Commentary"

kevin100 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:44pm
You would get worse choices then Roy Keane. Hipsters will tell you “the modern game has moved on” but by god it would be entertaining if nothing else and he mightn’t have them playing tiki taka but it wouldn’t be hoof ball either. 

Keane took Sunderland from the bottom of the Championship to the PL with a rather average group of players this argument that he’s a tactically hopeless dimwit I have never bought completely either. 

Ipswich of course it didn’t exactly fire but then again Ipswich are a basket case club in general who bar a good year or two under Mick Mack himself have floundered finishing mid table in League 1 last year and the same potentially this year. 

People might laugh as they have this Alan Patridge type image of Keane but far worse managers have managed and are currently managing in international football I guarantee you that.

Edited by kevin100 - 21 Nov 2020 at 10:46pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:45pm
The most nothing story to ever involve the ireland team and some are looking at a replacement for the manager whos only been in the job a few months.... slow news day anyone  LOLLOLLOL

cfdh_edmundo View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfdh_edmundo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

achieved a modicum of kennys success in the league of ireland, so clearly a tinpot manager using your own logic on kenny

I'm not that knowledgeable about the LOI, in fact pretty much the diametric opposite, but could it be said he had less time than Kenny in the LOI; Sligo were in dire financial straits for some of the time and he did get them into Europe (although not as far as Kenny).

Certainly he has done fairly well in very difficult circumstances at Sligo and also at Wigan. Sadly a manager who is able to work in extremely challenging situations, ironically including financial situations, would be a good fit for the FAI right now.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I wear a neck mask

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

You would get worse choices then Roy Keane. Hipsters will tell you “the modern game has moved on” but by god it would be entertaining if nothing else and he mightn’t have them playing tiki taka but it wouldn’t be hoof ball either. 

Keane took Sunderland from the bottom of the Championship to the PL with a rather average group of players this argument that he’s a tactically hopeless dimwit I have never bought completely either. 

Ipswich of course it didn’t exactly fire but then again Ipswich are a basket case club in general who bar a good year or two under Mick Mack himself have floundered finishing mid table in League 1 last year and the same potentially this year. 

People might laugh as they have this Alan Patridge type image of Keane but far worse managers have managed and are currently managing in international football I guarantee you that.

Keane bought the title at Sunderland.  They bought about 10-12 players when he took over and they had the biggest budget in the division
Now willing to engage with idiots for a short period of time.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I wear a neck mask

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:49pm
Filippo GiovagnoliCool
kevin100 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

The most nothing story to ever involve the ireland team and some are looking at a replacement for the manager whos only been in the job a few months.... slow news day anyone  LOLLOLLOL

Agreed just adding to the topic for the sake of it. 😂😂
I don’t want Kenny sacked btw think he deserves time and still fancy him to make a job of us.
doherty View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Keane bought the title at Sunderland.  They bought about 10-12 players when he took over and they had the biggest budget in the division

Ya what big name players did he buy?? If it was that easy everyone would be able to do it.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:50pm
What are we doing here, just naming even sh*ter managers to what we have at the minute or what?
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

What are we doing here, just naming even sh*ter managers to what we have at the minute or what?
Andy McEntee
"ONE-NIL!" - David Coleman, George Hamilton - "Finding The Words - The Art of Commentary"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I wear a neck mask

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Ya what big name players did he buy?? If it was that easy everyone would be able to do it.

Didn;t say BIG name players but he brought ina  sh*t load of good Championship players

Dwight Yorke, Ross Wallace, Liam Miller, Graham Kavanagh, Stan Varga, David Connolly, Andy Reid, Carlos Edwards, Stern John, Anto Stokes and many more
doherty View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:57pm

Didn;t say BIG name players but he brought ina  sh*t load of good Championship players

Dwight Yorke, Ross Wallace, Liam Miller, Graham Kavanagh, Stan Varga, David Connolly, Andy Reid, Carlos Edwards, Stern John, Anto Stokes and many more

Most of those players were bog standard. 
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Its getting near Christmas RB, they are making a list we might need to check it twice before they send it off LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:06pm

fxxk off LOL

"I'm Louis Theroux. I'm Louis Theroux and his wry smile at the orgy"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I wear a neck mask

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:07pm

Most of those players were bog standard. 

He also got Jonny Evans and Danny Simpson from Utd on loan which I didnt include.  Overall he got about 16 players in from the time he took over in late august to the end of the Jan window
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:09pm
Phillippe Troussier
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 194>
  Share Topic