You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Kenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 55565758>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 4:28am
Armstrong Okoflex in a spot of bother (credit White Cafu who posted on Celtic).

Edited by Mr Brick - 27 Apr 2020 at 4:49am
Is fearr Gaeilge briste ná Béarla clíste.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 7:32am
At least we know he is Catholic. 
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 9:05am
Tsk, tsk, tsk . What language was that in ? Not much of an Irish brogue there. And all those crisps or whatever he was munching without a pint of Guinness in sight-what was that about ? This young man would be better employed listening to the Wolfe Tones' back catalogue and learning the words of ' The Broad Black Brimmer' or ' Come Out You Black And Tans', or taking himself down to the crossroads for a dance at the ceilidh with a rosy cheeked Irish colleen rather than rabbiting on in this unseemly fashion about a 'penh' eight year old, whatever that is. Learn yourself some patriotic gravitas , sir .
9fingers View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 11:38am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

At least we know he is Catholic. 

LOL
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 6:03pm
Kenny's first team will look (ok I'm bored)

Randolph

Egan, Duffy, Clarke 
Dogerty                                 Stevens

McCarthy, Molumby, Knight 

Mcgoldrick
                          Connolly 

Donegalman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Randolph

Egan, Duffy, Clarke 

Mcgoldrick
                          Connolly 

Decent side and I’m hoping he’ll play Doherty and Stevens as wing backs because they are far more effective that way than in a back four. Having already made Coleman captain I’d say him Duffy and Egan will make up the back three instead of Clarke.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 6:47pm
very unlikely he’s playing 3-5-2. He’s already spoken about a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with “raiding” full backs. We’ll get attacking full backs, but probably with Egan and Duffy as the only cbs

Might not be what people want to see, but I would bet on something like:

Randolph
Doherty Egan Duffy Stevens
 Hendrick McCarthy Molumby
Brady McGoldrick Robinson

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 6:49pm

Randolph

Egan, Duffy, Clarke 

Mcgoldrick
                          Connolly 

Dogerty tends to have the odd howler
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Randolph

Egan, Duffy, Clarke 

Mcgoldrick
                          Connolly 

At least he is at the right club, until he gets hounded out, packs them in and joins the mighty Shadwell Town.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 7:08pm
Wonder if Kenny has the balls to drop the underperforming players from the recent campaign - Coleman, Mcclean, Hendrick etc.- if they fail to impress in his first few games . 
Hoping it could turn out like some club managerial changes where a new manager comes in and players find form, but if Kenny continues to play the same players who haven't been good enough yet are guaranteed starters then that's far from progress 
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Randolph

Egan, Duffy, Clarke 

Mcgoldrick
                          Connolly 

At least he is at the right club, until he gets hounded out, packs them in and joins the mighty Shadwell Town.

Sadly Shadwell haven’t been the same since Gumbo died 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN wrote:

Wonder if Kenny has the balls to drop the underperforming players from the recent campaign - Coleman, Mcclean, Hendrick etc.- if they fail to impress in his first few games . 
Hoping it could turn out like some club managerial changes where a new manager comes in and players find form, but if Kenny continues to play the same players who haven't been good enough yet are guaranteed starters then that's far from progress 
This is all dependent on when football is played again, by the time it is half these lads could have retired, but were a vaccine to be found tomorrow, and we played Slovakia soon, I can't imagine those players being jettisoned. It is all well and good to say they haven't been performing, and I'm hardly Hendrick's biggest admirer here, but who do you replace them all with? 
Unless thag Kenny has been given a completely different set of criteria to Mick and qualification is no longer the primary objective. 
SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 9:35pm
well you make a good point i for one would rather see us qualifying then experimenting too much too soon, he will likely stick with the tried and tested but could have tough decisions ahead. Hoping he makes a good go of it anyway the break in between play off games should work in our favour and we have a favourable nations league draw so we could be second seeds by the time the W. C qualifying begins.. 
We could also have a play off secured as a back up
Ambush green View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ambush green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 9:37pm
Kenny has said that there will not be many changes but that is dependant on a number of issues, ie will  Jeff Hendrick and Rob Brady be kept on by Burnley. Will Shne Duffy be the same. Or will Lenihan O Shea Molumphy and all the other young players be  in a stronger position .Randolph needs game time but no obvious replacement. Will Travers,Kelleher or even Bazuna push on? Will Glen Whelan even have a club.
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 11:00pm
The tried and tested hasnt worked, players haven't performed, results have  been disappointing and tactics are left wanting.

I think it's likely Whelan has played his last game for ireland, mcclean is a bottom of the championship player now, Brady doesnt look like he'll rediscover the form of old, It'll be interesting to see where Hendrick ends up.

Coupled with Molumby, Knight, connolly, nathan Collins, cullen all getting better. Parrott should see a loan spell, Masterson improving.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 12:53am
Robbie Keane's son could be centre forward in Ireland's next match.
Get the pints in
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 2:40am
It's a worry if Kenny said there won't be many changes. Brady, Hendrick, Coleman, Long and McClean all look finished. Whelan should retire. Randolph is a benchwarmer, Duffy in no-mans land, McGoldrick a goal-free zone, Connolly a one-game question mark and McCarthy undecided. Kenny can't reinvent these guys unless he has a magic wand.  He must implement the changes, tactics and philisophy his appointment rubber-stamped. Otherwise it's Brian Kerr again - all wind and piss.
Is fearr Gaeilge briste ná Béarla clíste.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 12:45pm
I think it’s better that he gets the most out of all our players, rather than canning them and immediately playing Jack Byrne and our under 21s in every game
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 55565758>
  Share Topic