You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 89>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 9:40am
We're as bad now if not worse than when Harry was in charge, he's brought no improvement to the team and players are actually playing worse. The style of play seems to be to pass pass pass aimlessly around the back/midfield never get down the wings and certainly never shoot, then make a stupid mistake at the back and game over. Managers should always be given time as long as you can see what they're trying to do, with SOD I see nothing.
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 10:01am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Pats were atrocious this evening. The first goal was farcical and it was particularly annoying as Pats were on top up to that point. Once Waterford went in front, they were dead certs to win. Absolutely no spirit or backbone in the Saints team. 
Would you give O’Donnell time or do you think it’s not going to work?

It’s a tough one Franko. Chopping and changing managers doesn’t work and a new gaffer needs time but the performances are so poor! The mitigating circumstance is that Pats have been drifting for years now. There’s something not right in the club. That squad should be more competitive. 
I would stick with SOD for now but he is testing my faith. 
El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 10:10am
The heads seem to drop as soon as one goes in which should be a big concern 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 10:15am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Very true. Pats were the better side until they conceded from a ridiculously poor mix up at the back. Then it’s lights out and game over.
El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 10:43am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Very true. Pats were the better side until they conceded from a ridiculously poor mix up at the back. Then it’s lights out and game over.
Same against Bohs when conceding Breslins fluke, heads dropped and Bohs could’ve had another 2 easily by HT
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 10:14am
If Pats lose tomorrow, they should surely look at getting Perth before he goes somewhere else?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 11:09am
Originally posted by max max wrote:

If Pats lose tomorrow, they should surely look at getting Perth before he goes somewhere else?
Games today @5
Euro88pats View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 9:18pm
6 games without a goal, attrocius
Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 7:15am
Just seen that goal from Forrester , something else that. 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:26am

Yeah, super goal from Forrester. Shels were poor but Saints did look much improved. 
El Puto Amo
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 12:50pm
We haven't had much to be happy about in the last couple of months but that was a good win. Just shows how weird the league table is that you can be hovering just above the relegation zone for weeks and then move up to Europa League contention with one win.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 5:19pm
Cracking start so far by St. Pats Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 6:06pm
A train day for Cork City fans next year. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 7:27pm
Thought St Pats were going to blow it in the last few minutes and concede the equalizer after dominating the game. Relieved they won it but they really should've added another 4 goals to the goal difference. 

Gibson has fantastic control but a horrific finish after getting himself into a great shooting position that could've sealed the game a lot earlier. 

Cork are shocking. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 8:24pm
Very poor. Most of their players are nowhere near good enough to be playing at that level. It'll be disappointing to see them go down. The league needs strong regional teams. In normal times, and with them doing well, the atmosphere at Turner's Cross is great. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 9:52pm
Martin Rennie has left. One of the worst footballers I’ve ever seen.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 10:02pm
I think I read that Gaviscon with him.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Martin Rennie has left. One of the worst footballers I’ve ever seen.

In the space of the last 3 hours, I tested negative for covid, St Pats won and Rennie has now left them. 

Maybe 2020 isn't a total write-off. LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 89>
  Share Topic