You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 89>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 7:29pm
Very good performance in the second half from Pats. We rode our luck a little in the first half, Brendan Clarke spilled a couple of shots which on another night could have been tap-ins for the opposition. Easily the most satisfying game in Richmond this season.
Sponsored Links

Euro88pats View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 9:32am
The 5-2 Derry match was definitely the best for me, although the rovers game was good too
Euro88pats View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 8:23pm
Terrible,woeful performance bohs secomd team didn't even have to play well. Clarke,Leahy and Campion put in the effort, the rest and management should be ashamed of that.Cant have another year with Buckley there, absolutely no pace in the team so he brings in Clifford to slow us up even more. Pat's and Bohs are nip and tuck at underage yet they seem to be able to bring in player after player while we see nothing
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 9:30pm
Long gives the young lads a shout, we’ve had McCabe Lyons Kirk Margerusan Mc court Omichere Reghba  all involved in the first team squad, plus another six or seven training with the first team or playing in the ea and Leinster cups. Message is out there if you’re a young player sign for bohs, you will get a chance. A lot of the other managers don’t let them in.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 1:08pm
Buckley sacked/resigned. Worrying for Bohs, would assume Long will be on their list.

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 2:07pm

Sad to see Bucko go but I think the time is right. He is a club legend and we have had some great days with him in charge but Saints have been on the decline the last few years and I can't say that he is getting the most out of that squad. 

I would imagine the shortlist will include Keith Long alright. Probably Martin Russell and Ger O'Brien too. 

El Puto Amo
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 4:56pm
can’t see KL leaving us for a club in financial sh*t, and an owner with questions over his dealings, be better offers than pats coming along.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 4:57pm
having said that, Buckley for shams perhaps?
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 9:44pm
Wouldn't imagine Long will be too high up our list myself I'd be after Nutsy if it was up to me.

Reckon it'll be kenny or GOB Myself 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I would imagine the shortlist will include Keith Long alright. Probably Martin Russell and Ger O'Brien too.
Maureen installed as 1/5 fav for the job with PP.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 9:44am
I’d say their list is 1 Harry Kenny
2 Martin Russell 3 Keith long 4 Ger oBrien. Be interesting to see OBrien get a crack at it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 9:47am

Ger O'Brien speaks very well and I would think that Saints supporters would generally have a lot of time for him. Is he too closely associated with the Buckley era though? Some of the current players need to given a wake up call. Not sure if Ger is the man for the job as much as I admire him. 
El Puto Amo
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 11:03pm
Rumours of Rennie being linked with the job ? 

Most Waterford fans seem to think he has done a good job, I'm not so sure at all, wouldn't bother me if he left. We have been struggling since about 4 games before the break, and it has taken him up to now, only in recent weeks, to fix it. Even at that we are only scraping over the line in games, only for the good start we would be among the also rans. 

I'm not going to blame him for the transfer window, but would repeat what I said at the time, other than Hunt, we went for quantity rather than quality. Not really sure how much input Rennie had in those signings though. What I would say is he was probably too loyal to the players (there was a core of about 14 of them) that got us off to the good start and very slow to take them out of the team when it was obvious some were lacking in form or could have done with a rest. 

Tactically, there weren't too many teams playing a narrow midfield diamond like us at the start of the season, it definitely caught a few teams on the hop in the first series of games, but toward the end of the 2nd series of games, the opposition had figured it out. We still continued with it through series 3, and paid the price with lack of results, its only since he has changed here & there to playing wide players (strangely enough, we have plenty of them) in certain games during this last series that results have started to go our way again. 

I don't have any great objection to him staying on with us either, 3rd or 4th would be a good achievement in the bigger scheme of things, but I'd have doubts about his ability to tactically change a game mid way through it if we were a few goals down. Those are kind of important things if the ambition is to take on the likes of Dundalk, Cork, Sham Rovers etc over the course of a season, and not just the first third of it. 

Anyway, don't see this one happening unless Lee Power decides to sack him or not renew his contract or whatever the case may be, he'd surely be mad to leave a home town, full time, set up to go to something that might turn out a bit wobbly depending on Kelleher's intentions or ambitions for Pats.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 8:08am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Rumours of Rennie being linked with the job ? 

Most Waterford fans seem to think he has done a good job, I'm not so sure at all, wouldn't bother me if he left. We have been struggling since about 4 games before the break, and it has taken him up to now, only in recent weeks, to fix it. Even at that we are only scraping over the line in games, only for the good start we would be among the also rans. 

I'm not going to blame him for the transfer window, but would repeat what I said at the time, other than Hunt, we went for quantity rather than quality. Not really sure how much input Rennie had in those signings though. What I would say is he was probably too loyal to the players (there was a core of about 14 of them) that got us off to the good start and very slow to take them out of the team when it was obvious some were lacking in form or could have done with a rest. 

Tactically, there weren't too many teams playing a narrow midfield diamond like us at the start of the season, it definitely caught a few teams on the hop in the first series of games, but toward the end of the 2nd series of games, the opposition had figured it out. We still continued with it through series 3, and paid the price with lack of results, its only since he has changed here & there to playing wide players (strangely enough, we have plenty of them) in certain games during this last series that results have started to go our way again. 

I don't have any great objection to him staying on with us either, 3rd or 4th would be a good achievement in the bigger scheme of things, but I'd have doubts about his ability to tactically change a game mid way through it if we were a few goals down. Those are kind of important things if the ambition is to take on the likes of Dundalk, Cork, Sham Rovers etc over the course of a season, and not just the first third of it. 

Anyway, don't see this one happening unless Lee Power decides to sack him or not renew his contract or whatever the case may be, he'd surely be mad to leave a home town, full time, set up to go to something that might turn out a bit wobbly depending on Kelleher's intentions or ambitions for Pats.

as you said i wouldn't have any objections to him leaving for the reasons outlined above but there is no way he will go to Pat's if he is let go by WFC as he has his job with the FAI to fall back on. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 2:12pm
Lee Desmond signs a new 2 year deal with Pats. Super stuff, he has been brilliant this season again. Defo one of the best defenders in the league. 
I heard Rovers were chasing him so getting the contract sorted early is a big plus. 
El Puto Amo
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 5:00pm

Lee Desmond signs a new 2 year deal with Pats. Super stuff, he has been brilliant this season again. Defo one of the best defenders in the league. 
I heard Rovers were chasing him so getting the contract sorted early is a big plus. 

Big signing for us this, shuts the yearly GK is gonna pull the plug bollox talk early this year as he had a major role in signing Lee himself 👍👍
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Big signing for us this, shuts the yearly GK is gonna pull the plug bollox talk early this year as he had a major role in signing Lee himself 👍👍

Yeap I heard the same. GK met him last night and put forward his plans for the coming seasons which must have been encouraging. Safe to assume that Lee got an improved deal and proper order based on his performances.
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 2:02pm

Darragh Markey signed back for two years also ClapClap

El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 89>
  Share Topic