You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 89>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pablo Escobar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

Really disappointed we didn't win that. In fairness, the red card really did change the game, and it looked like we'd come back from 0-2 down to win it. The double substitutions actually worked against us, it seemed we lost a bit of impetus after that.
Conceding straight from the corner was tragic. I think Barry Murphy slipped too. 
Well done to the Cork eejits kicking down the ad board, invading the pitch when they scored and running on at the end of the match to have a go at our keeper. It's the first game of the season, lads. Ermm

Agree on the summary and on the piece at the end. There's definitely a few idiots that need to be banned now. I think your double sub coincided with Morrissey replacing Keohane for us. We were replacing a misfiring midfielder wit h one with great energy and class. The game turned on that, I feel. On the red card, I'm looking forward to seeing it tonight. My gut feeling from the other end of the pitch was that it wasn't red. We'll see tonight.

Edited by Pablo Escobar - 19 Feb 2018 at 7:58am
Sponsored Links

saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 11:53am
Good to get the 3 points on the board settle us down, thought we managed the game very well in the second half.

Great buzz around us at the moment long may it continue, roll on Monday
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 9:56am

Good to get the 3 points last night. Scrappy enough game decided by a scrappy finish. Neither side creates much. Nice to grind out a win away from home.
El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 10:02am
Toner had a mare especially first half, how has been in the other games so far

Was a scrappy game, Bohs substitutions were v poor. Was a handy second half for Pats
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 10:07am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Toner had a mare especially first half, how has been in the other games so far

Was a scrappy game, Bohs substitutions were v poor. Was a handy second half for Pats

It's been a mixed start for Toner so far from what I've seen. I didn't have a good view of the peno. The Pats lads didn't seem to be complaining massively so I assume it was a good call by the ref?

Agree that Bohs didn't put enough pressure on in the second half. Pats weren't great at all either though.
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 9:01am

I only got in for the second half last night but thought it was an entertaining 0-0. It was a tight enough game though. 

Markey was very impressive and got on the ball well. Saints looked a physical match for Dundalk which wasnt really the case last year. 
The only issues were that Murphy wasn't great with the ball at his feet and Christy was a bit isolated up top at times, he doesn't have the legs to run the channels to relieve a bit of pressure when he's up front alone.

A decent draw for Saints in the end and hopefully the performances are starting to come together. 

El Puto Amo
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 9:38am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I only got in for the second half last night but thought it was an entertaining 0-0. It was a tight enough game though. 

Markey was very impressive and got on the ball well. Saints looked a physical match for Dundalk which wasnt really the case last year. 
The only issues were that Murphy wasn't great with the ball at his feet and Christy was a bit isolated up top at times, he doesn't have the legs to run the channels to relieve a bit of pressure when he's up front alone.

A decent draw for Saints in the end and hopefully the performances are starting to come together. 

You were very lucky not to arrive a couple of goals down to be honest. Toner made an absolutely heroic clearance off the line at one stage and Pats seems incapable of dealing with any ball into the box. I'd say most away fans were fairly confident that the goals would come at half time. Pat's were much better in the second half though and probably had the better of it in that period even if some of their players were visibly tiring towards the end. At the moment it looks like a good battle in store for that last European spot. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 9:46am
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

You were very lucky not to arrive a couple of goals down to be honest. Toner made an absolutely heroic clearance off the line at one stage and Pats seems incapable of dealing with any ball into the box. I'd say most away fans were fairly confident that the goals would come at half time. Pat's were much better in the second half though and probably had the better of it in that period even if some of their players were visibly tiring towards the end. At the moment it looks like a good battle in store for that last European spot. 

Fair enough! Sounds like Dundalk had the better of it overall. All the better to take the point in the end so. Cheers
El Puto Amo
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 9:53am
Yeah, at half time I was thinking we'd do well to survive the second half after Dundalk's domination. We didn't have one shot anywhere near their goal in the first 45, and made a couple of last-ditch clearances. 
Better in the second half alright, and it's good to see a Saints team with fight in them, it's what we were lacking big time for the first half of 2017.

Christy Fagan has been under performing for quite some time now. It's a worry.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 10:41am
We should have won it in the first half, the chance Hoban missed and the 2 headers off the line.

Second half was much more even, Connolly should have played a better ball in to Hoban and Murray hit the bar. Brennans header was Pats only real chance in the match, should have scored it

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 10:20am

Does anyone know of any decent streams for tonight's game against Rovers?
El Puto Amo
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 10:57am

You not heading up ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

You not heading up ?

I'm in Lisbon. My missus tricked me with the dates. She doesn't know it yet but she's going to Sporting vs Rio Ave on Sunday in retaliation.

What do you reckon for tonight? I'm never optimistic for this fixture despite Saints good record in Tallaght
El Puto Amo
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 12:31pm
Hopefully a handy Rovers win but the Junkies always raise their game against Ireland's Number One.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 2:30pm

Hopefully a handy Rovers win but the Junkies always raise their game against Ireland's Number One.

And shamrock struggle what's that say about them
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

And shamrock struggle what's that say about them
They're afraid of Junkies ?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:42pm
Owe €4m

What's going on there?
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Owe €4m

What's going on there?

It's nearly all to the owner. So, Kelleher owes himself €3.7m.

Edited by nvidic - 20 Mar 2018 at 5:29am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 89>
  Share Topic