FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SQUAD - November Friendlies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 61>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:34pm
We'll be watching Joe Hodge in a Three Lions shirt in the next 5 years, good to see Smallbone in the squad 

Will Evan Ferguson be the youngest ever senior international if he plays ??:

Sponsored Links

SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Glad not to have to suffer through watching Conor Hourihane in an Irish shirt for a while even of it is just because Derby are being scummy. No Knight is a shame though but he's only just back fit so will probably be wise to not run him into the ground so soon.

I'd have liked to see Hodge, he's more ready than Ferguson in my opinion who I felt in the u21s was out of the games a lot. Clearly talented but needs more games for me.

Smallbone is good to see.

I can't wait to watch more of the overrated pass backwards and sidewards merchant that is Jamie McGrath and the fawning over him we got last time around. Clearly a Kenny fave but doesn't do anything. We already have a tidy but ineffectual player on Jeff Hendrick. McGrath can't even make it at Wigan.

Have you ever watched McGrath?? Cause that statement makes absolutely no sense. Don't know where your coming up with that.

I have watched him. Doesn't have any standout qualities and gets lauded like the next Iniesta. Couldn't even make it into a league 1 team. 
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Manager sometimes picks players on how they perform in matches with Ireland and maybe training too.  I would say manning can have no complaints based on his horror show for Ireland.  By the looks of things hasn’t impressed in training either.  McGrath is one who did perform for Ireland and food that he is back.  

Yeah i want Manning in the squad based on his club performances but the couple of times he has got a run out he's looked very lazy IMO.

Think McGrath is lucky to be in but again just as Kenny sent him a signal for moving to Wigan and not getting games maybe this is the same thing in reverse - rewarding him for taking a step back and playing every week.

Would have liked Hodge over Ferguson if we were calling up a prospect - we are fairly well covered up front.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:20pm

Glad not to have to suffer through watching Conor Hourihane in an Irish shirt for a while even of it is just because Derby are being scummy. No Knight is a shame though but he's only just back fit so will probably be wise to not run him into the ground so soon.

I'd have liked to see Hodge, he's more ready than Ferguson in my opinion who I felt in the u21s was out of the games a lot. Clearly talented but needs more games for me.

I can't wait to watch more of the overrated pass backwards and sidewards merchant that is Jamie McGrath and the fawning over him we got last time around. Clearly a Kenny fave but doesn't do anything. We already have a tidy but ineffectual player on Jeff Hendrick. McGrath can't even make it at Wigan.

Agree re Ferguson's readiness and mostly agree re McGrath's ability.
Idah Dream!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:20pm

I can't wait to watch more of the overrated pass backwards and sidewards merchant that is Jamie McGrath and the fawning over him we got last time around. Clearly a Kenny fave but doesn't do anything. We already have a tidy but ineffectual player on Jeff Hendrick. McGrath can't even make it at Wigan.

Have you ever watched McGrath?? Cause that statement makes absolutely no sense. Don't know where your coming up with that.
I love beer gardens
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:19pm
If Hourihane is named in any future squad Kenny derserves the sack.  Get rid of Hendrick as well.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

How on earth is Scales in ahead of Manning?! Stern Smile

Scales has been playing as a CB so likely down as the fifth choice CB. Would have still called up Manning up and tried Brady in midfield against Malta.

This!
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Not surprised at any of the selections myself. Kenny had said previously there might be 2 or 3 new call ups but it wouldn't be majorly different from previous squads
True but Scales and Ferguson are pretty left field announcements. 

Scales not so much imo, made the last squad after Omobamidele withdrew. He's clearly in the squad as a LCB rather than a LWB.

Ferguson is left field for sure given he didnt take Hodge/Ebosele.

Obviously some of the lads listed below are injured, but the 26 named are an indicator that things are going the right way in terms of the depth of the playing pool at least.

O'Leary/Bonham
Ebosele/Sykes/McNamara
Manning/Stevens/Christie
Duffy/McGuinness
Omobamidele/Dunne
Cashin/O'Hora
Coventry/Kilkenny/Taylor
Hodge/Hourihane
Azaz/Ronan
Idah/Szmodics
Parrott/Connolly

Idah Dream!
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:16pm

I can't wait to watch more of the overrated pass backwards and sidewards merchant that is Jamie McGrath and the fawning over him we got last time around. Clearly a Kenny fave but doesn't do anything. We already have a tidy but ineffectual player on Jeff Hendrick. McGrath can't even make it at Wigan.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:15pm
Manager sometimes picks players on how they perform in matches with Ireland and maybe training too.  I would say manning can have no complaints based on his horror show for Ireland.  By the looks of things hasn’t impressed in training either.  McGrath is one who did perform for Ireland and food that he is back.  
AKA pedantic kunt
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:09pm

Glad Hourihane is not in it but if he continues to play regularly for Derby in a promotion push this season, I can see Kenny having him back in the squad for next year's euro qualifiers. 
Hes not there because he hasn't been released. Same with Knight 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I'd say there will be a few changes to this squad before the games. Anyone with any kind of knock will probably be pulled out by their clubs so that they're back 100% fit after the World Cup.

Think thats unlikely with almost a month before the next round of games.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:05pm

How on earth is Scales in ahead of Manning?! Stern Smile

Scales has been playing as a CB so likely down as the fifth choice CB. Would have still called up Manning up and tried Brady in midfield against Malta.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:04pm
Glad Hourihane is not in it but if he continues to play regularly for Derby in a promotion push this season, I can see Kenny having him back in the squad for next year's euro qualifiers. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

He clearly has had a falling out with Manning, who would be our best performing WB this season, and brings Liam Scales?! LOL even Brady, who isnt playing much as a WB these days

Scales is having a good season as a left sided Centre Back to be fair, but I agree that Manning's omission seems odd. Overall, I'm distinctly underwhelmed.

WHy name Ferguson alongside 5 other fit strikers with Idah, Parrott and Connolly out. Surely there are other areas of the pitch that warrant more attention, midfield in particular and as you point out the Wing Back positions.
Idah Dream!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Not surprised at any of the selections myself. Kenny had said previously there might be 2 or 3 new call ups but it wouldn't be majorly different from previous squads
True but Scales and Ferguson are pretty left field announcements. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

He clearly has had a falling out with Manning, who would be our best performing WB this season, and brings Liam Scales?! LOL even Brady, who isnt playing much as a WB these days

Maybe hes basing it in his last performance in green which was atrocious. Was it the Luxembourg game? Think he literally have the ball away every time. 
I love beer gardens
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 1:03pm
Scales has been playing well in fairness, covers a couple of positions. Would have probably picked both him and Manning all the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 61>
  Share Topic