You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 49>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Are people staying in Bratislava or Trnava if it’s in Trnava?
Bratislava, probably get a taxi or bus if some are organised up to Trnava
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:49pm

match day venue all day long ,

think zenica was the only time never stayed in match venue
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Bratislava Einhoven Dublin on the day after match currently coming in at about €60 for both flights as an option to get home.

Saw this, struggling to get a way out that works, might hit Vienna but that’s two flights, a bus to Bratislava and to Trnava.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

It's under 30 minutes by train from Bratislava and there is f**k all accommodation in Trnava. The stadium is under 10 minutes walk from the train station in Trnava. I'll be staying in Bratislava.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

It's under 30 minutes by train from Bratislava and there is f**k all accommodation in Trnava. The stadium is under 10 minutes walk from the train station in Trnava. I'll be staying in Bratislava.

Is there a train back after the game if extra time etc is played?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:26pm

Would be inclined to agree. Doesn't overly bother me though, Bratislava was a bit of a kip back in '07 (rained for 3 days solid as well), I'm sure it has improved a bit since, '07 is a good while ago now. Anyone been there since ? 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:45pm

Hotel booked in Bratislava arrive in morning of the game. Won't cost much to sort transfer to and from trnava
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 12:34am

Ah f**k I just checked and the timetable generally has the last train at 22:34. That's not even time enough if the game doesn't go to extra time, never mind extra time, penalties or even the local cops holding us back in the stadium if it ends on 90 minutes.

Having said that, there are three things: one, they could well put on an extra train or two because of the game. Two, there will likely be buses organised which will definitely wait. And three, it's only a €30 taxi ride, so there'll be little enough trouble getting back no matter what happens. Even if the taxi drivers try to act the maggot and charge like €50 or €60, it's still not that much among three or four lads, and there is far more accommodation in Bratislava that will cost significantly less than what is left in Trnava.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 1:40am
I think the first train is about 4.30am so not that long to wait after the pubs close.
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Bratislava Einhoven Dublin on the day after match currently coming in at about €60 for both flights as an option to get home.

Beware of the FOG. That's the route we used last time. Only flight to Eindhoven rely's on the plane coming back from Sweden initially. So if there's any delay on the Swedish end, you're goosed. Brendy, myself and a few others can verify that.
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 5:11am

To be fair SD a 300 min train journey wouldn’t bother you as a train journey is involved Big smile

Walked back into town from Serbia as the taxi drivers were charging nearly 4 times the prices and as for buses **** that Smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:42am
Staying in Trnava. That's the shot.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Staying in Trnava. That's the shot.

Are you flying to Bratislava?
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:17am
Vienna.

Edited by Paulie - 21 Nov 2019 at 9:25am
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Vienna.

Looking at that myself too but it’s a two flight job at this point with a bus to Bratislava and a train to Trnava.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:23am

Ah f**k I just checked and the timetable generally has the last train at 22:34. That's not even time enough if the game doesn't go to extra time, never mind extra time, penalties or even the local cops holding us back in the stadium if it ends on 90 minutes.

Having said that, there are three things: one, they could well put on an extra train or two because of the game. Two, there will likely be buses organised which will definitely wait. And three, it's only a €30 taxi ride, so there'll be little enough trouble getting back no matter what happens. Even if the taxi drivers try to act the maggot and charge like €50 or €60, it's still not that much among three or four lads, and there is far more accommodation in Bratislava that will cost significantly less than what is left in Trnava.
I am sure we will work something out about getting back to Brat after the game .
Again wait and see what happens with the draw tomorrow as still no idea how to get to Bosnia never mind getting home afterwards .
And before someone says that I said I would never go back to Brat EVER AGAIN , well shoot me . Hug
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:33am
brat wasn’t as bad last time but avoid the Dubliner like the plague. For first timers watch yourselves with the bouncers over there in general  especially the Dubliner as they carry everything bar guns and love hitting people.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:12pm
Hotel Spectrum booked in Trnava, flights to Bratislava all booked from Shannon €120 all in.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 49>
  Share Topic