Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:22pm
Travel & Accomm thread

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Replies:
Posted By: Mr_T
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:42pm
Yay.

Was tracking the direct Bratislava flights all week and Ryanair rumbled it on Monday afternoon. €55 until Sunday, up to €80 then €200 plus on Monday before the match.

Booked via Vienna on my phone on way out of the stadium on Monday!  Smile

Posted By: Jackal
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:50pm
I wouldn't worry about costs. It's in the middle of Europe with Vienna airport only down the road.

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:54pm
hotels are still cheap at minute,flights have jumped in price a little but nothing mad....

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:00pm
Booked up, Dublin to Bratislava on the Tuesday €22
Vienna to Dublin  €33 Saturday Morning
Hope uefa don't screw us over now

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:00pm
Going to wait until after Friday when all of this is confirmed.

Dont trust UEFA basically 

Posted By: Mr_T
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

hotels are still cheap at minute,flights have jumped in price a little but nothing mad....

Bratislave return over €300 now and was €55 two days ago.  Was so tempted to book at risk but didnt want to be a jinxy ba$tard.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:06pm
Details to be confirmed tomorrow according to the independent.

Plenty of routes to get there 

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:36pm
Currently €39.99 Ryanair Dublin to Prague on Wednesday 25 March at 12:05, landing 15:30.

The train takes just over four hours from Prague to Bratislava and costs €13 in advance or €29 on the day.

I should make the 17:44 train, arriving 21:50 (it's about 40m by bus from Prague airport to the main station).

I'll book it for €13 and if I miss it, at least I will still have the option of the 19:44 train, arriving 23:44.

-------------

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:46pm
Booked Dublin - Bratislava on morning of the match at weekend for €25. Have flight back home from Vienna booked saturday morning (hopefully for a home final) for €33

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: Adobolo
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 1:50am
Don’t gamble but took the risk on Friday after the Slovakia result vs Croatia that we most likely would be heading to Bratislava. Got the flight on the day of the match and return next day for €55. Not counting my chickens though until it’s officially announced and I only have 5 of the last 10 always so a ticket might be a problem.

Posted By: Pauldaly1984
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Don’t gamble but took the risk on Friday after the Slovakia result vs Croatia that we most likely would be heading to Bratislava. Got the flight on the day of the match and return next day for €55. Not counting my chickens though until it’s officially announced and I only have 5 of the last 10 always so a ticket might be a problem.

Did the same. Hopefully we get10% of tickets and that should mean just over 2000. Can’t see too many more than that travelling

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Did the same. Hopefully we get10% of tickets and that should mean just over 2000. Can’t see too many more than that travelling

You'd be surprised. They only have to give us 5% so fingers crossed for 10, but most passing fans see this as a playoff and basically dont understand its 1 game to lead on to another game. Therefore a bit of a bandwagon booking it up.
Given it's a thursday and a few days off work that'll knock a few off it alright

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

2000 I suppose with a potential final to be played after Slovakia maybe the numbers will only be around 2000 travelling. 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:51am
Slightly off topic but the north charged Dutch fans €60 the other night afaik.

-------------

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:20am
On the tuesday night flight to Budapest for 65 euro. Night on the beer in Buda, then a train to Bratislava. Only about 2 hours 45 and costs something like 15-20 euro if i remember correctly

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: Ireland Super Fan #1
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 1:09pm
We took a chance on the fixtures too...
booked the flight direct from Dublin to Bratislava on Tuesday, back on the Friday.
Accommodation booked in the old town.

Anyone else on the same roster?

Posted By: Tyronebhoy
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:50pm
Hotel prices in Bratislava pretty decent. Got 3-star in city centre with breakfast and free cancellation for Tue-Fri for £143. Fair few cheaper online if you want to stay wee bit further out. Worry about travel later.

-------------
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Hotel prices in Slovakia pretty decent. Got 3-star in city centre with breakfast and free cancellation for Tue-Fri for £143. Fair few cheaper online if you want to stay wee bit further out. Worry about travel later.

Have been watching the price of a few flights today, creeping up throughout the day, airlines catching on even via Vienna 

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:59pm
Booked a hotel for 2 nights only 83 quid right in the old town. Pretty decent price and very close to the main bars.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Hotel prices in Slovakia pretty decent. Got 3-star in city centre with breakfast and free cancellation for Tue-Fri for £143. Fair few cheaper online if you want to stay wee bit further out. Worry about travel later.

Have been watching the price of a few flights today, creeping up throughout the day, airlines catching on even via Vienna 

The thurs morning Aer Lingus flight to Vienna is already sold out

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

The thurs morning Aer Lingus flight to Vienna is already sold out

No surprise, it was around 130 quid so a decent option for the day of the game. Still plenty of ways to get there

Posted By: irish_goat
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

What date is the match?

Thursday 26th March. Clue in the thread title. Wink

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 3:55pm
Thanks for the update.
We got a nice apartment in the old town for 350 that sleeps 6....

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:00pm
There is a route to Bosnia that you can fare lock now for 48 hours (so until after the draw on Friday) at a current fare of about €33, for a cost now of €3 per person (non-refundable if you don't confirm the flights). The expense required now is about €3, with €30 more if you confirm the flight on Friday, and about €17 more required in the event we actually win in Slovakia and have to travel to Bosnia (because you'll then need to book a €17 train journey).

That is, if we draw an away final against either Bosnia or Northern Ireland, and you don't mind spending €33 to book a flight to Bosnia that you won't use if we lose to Slovakia or end up in Belfast, but want a route booked to Bosnia now in case we do make it and end up playing there, you can book that for about €33 now, or fare lock for 48 hours for €3. If anyone is interested, let me know, and I'll pm you. I don't want to put it up for all to see, but I will share for those who are interested.

-------------

Posted By: SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:25pm
Cheers Dave.. worth the few quid now I reckon than last minute panic. Could you pm please

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:11pm
Poor connection options from the UK. However, loads to Vienna.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Poor connection options from the UK. However, loads to Vienna.
Yeah a lot of early departures from Stansted and Birmingham. Think Manchester was ok though.

-------------

Posted By: irish_goat
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

There is a route to Bosnia that you can fare lock now for 48 hours (so until after the draw on Friday) at a current fare of about €33, for a cost now of €3 per person (non-refundable if you don't confirm the flights). The expense required now is about €3, with €30 more if you confirm the flight on Friday, and about €17 more required in the event we actually win in Slovakia and have to travel to Bosnia (because you'll then need to book a €17 train journey).

That is, if we draw an away final against either Bosnia or Northern Ireland, and you don't mind spending €33 to book a flight to Bosnia that you won't use if we lose to Slovakia or end up in Belfast, but want a route booked to Bosnia now in case we do make it and end up playing there, you can book that for about €33 now, or fare lock for 48 hours for €3. If anyone is interested, let me know, and I'll pm you. I don't want to put it up for all to see, but I will share for those who are interested.

Another option is to hire a car and drive to Sarajevo. It's a 9 hour drive and a car will cost you €100 including one-way fee.

Few towns you can stop in on the way for an overnight stay to break up the journey too. Prices in those places will be dirt cheap. 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:38pm
There's an overnight bus too, as far as I'm aware, direct from Bratislava to Sarajevo, but it takes about 13 hours. Trains involve about four changes (Budapest, Zagreb, Slavonski Brod and Doboj) and a taxi ride for the Slavonski Brod to Doboj part, so I wouldn't recommend, plus it takes even longer.

-------------

Posted By: ****
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:07pm

What sort of gobsh*te are you posting up routes for every tom dick and Harry to book. Keep it to pm. Your travel hero status is in the post 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:30pm
That fare lock option is no longer available on that route now.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:39pm
Hah, arseholes. It isn't available for the flight out of Bosnia on the Wednesday afterwards either, I see.

-------------

Posted By: E2016
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:59pm
I'd say I'll have to fork up for Abbey because ST and 2 aways isn't going to cut it I don't think. Not prepared to travel without a ticket.

Posted By: VanBosch
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:24pm
Are people staying in Bratislava or Trnava if it’s in Trnava?

Posted By: Jasonic
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:28pm
Bratislava Einhoven Dublin on the day after match currently coming in at about €60 for both flights as an option to get home.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Bratislava, probably get a taxi or bus if some are organised up to Trnava

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:49pm

match day venue all day long ,

think zenica was the only time never stayed in match venue

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Bratislava Einhoven Dublin on the day after match currently coming in at about €60 for both flights as an option to get home.

Saw this, struggling to get a way out that works, might hit Vienna but that’s two flights, a bus to Bratislava and to Trnava.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

It's under 30 minutes by train from Bratislava and there is f**k all accommodation in Trnava. The stadium is under 10 minutes walk from the train station in Trnava. I'll be staying in Bratislava.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:25pm

It's under 30 minutes by train from Bratislava and there is f**k all accommodation in Trnava. The stadium is under 10 minutes walk from the train station in Trnava. I'll be staying in Bratislava.

Is there a train back after the game if extra time etc is played?

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:26pm

Would be inclined to agree. Doesn't overly bother me though, Bratislava was a bit of a kip back in '07 (rained for 3 days solid as well), I'm sure it has improved a bit since, '07 is a good while ago now. Anyone been there since ? 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:45pm

Hotel booked in Bratislava arrive in morning of the game. Won't cost much to sort transfer to and from trnava

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 12:34am

Ah f**k I just checked and the timetable generally has the last train at 22:34. That's not even time enough if the game doesn't go to extra time, never mind extra time, penalties or even the local cops holding us back in the stadium if it ends on 90 minutes.

Having said that, there are three things: one, they could well put on an extra train or two because of the game. Two, there will likely be buses organised which will definitely wait. And three, it's only a €30 taxi ride, so there'll be little enough trouble getting back no matter what happens. Even if the taxi drivers try to act the maggot and charge like €50 or €60, it's still not that much among three or four lads, and there is far more accommodation in Bratislava that will cost significantly less than what is left in Trnava.

-------------

Posted By: Adobolo
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 1:40am
I think the first train is about 4.30am so not that long to wait after the pubs close.

Posted By: baresi41
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Beware of the FOG. That's the route we used last time. Only flight to Eindhoven rely's on the plane coming back from Sweden initially. So if there's any delay on the Swedish end, you're goosed. Brendy, myself and a few others can verify that.

-------------
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 5:11am

To be fair SD a 300 min train journey wouldn’t bother you as a train journey is involved Big smile

Walked back into town from Serbia as the taxi drivers were charging nearly 4 times the prices and as for buses **** that Smile

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:42am
Staying in Trnava. That's the shot.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Staying in Trnava. That's the shot.

Are you flying to Bratislava?

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:17am
Vienna.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:11am

Vienna.

Looking at that myself too but it’s a two flight job at this point with a bus to Bratislava and a train to Trnava.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:23am

Ah f**k I just checked and the timetable generally has the last train at 22:34. That's not even time enough if the game doesn't go to extra time, never mind extra time, penalties or even the local cops holding us back in the stadium if it ends on 90 minutes.

Having said that, there are three things: one, they could well put on an extra train or two because of the game. Two, there will likely be buses organised which will definitely wait. And three, it's only a €30 taxi ride, so there'll be little enough trouble getting back no matter what happens. Even if the taxi drivers try to act the maggot and charge like €50 or €60, it's still not that much among three or four lads, and there is far more accommodation in Bratislava that will cost significantly less than what is left in Trnava.
I am sure we will work something out about getting back to Brat after the game .
Again wait and see what happens with the draw tomorrow as still no idea how to get to Bosnia never mind getting home afterwards .
And before someone says that I said I would never go back to Brat EVER AGAIN , well shoot me . Hug

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:33am
brat wasn’t as bad last time but avoid the Dubliner like the plague. For first timers watch yourselves with the bouncers over there in general  especially the Dubliner as they carry everything bar guns and love hitting people.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:12pm
Hotel Spectrum booked in Trnava, flights to Bratislava all booked from Shannon €120 all in.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:12pm
We could literally charter a train from Trnava to Bratislava. I'm not sure if we'd need to charter it both ways (it might make sense to allow people make their own way up from Bratislavav - there are loads of local trains) but a Trnava - Bratislava charter at about half eleven or midnight would be perfect and would allow for extra time and penalties, if needs be.

Obviously that depends on the game being in Trnava but if it is confirmed for Trnava, I might look into chartering a train. There'll be loads of takers, no doubt. The email address for Slovak railways was easily enough found: if they can put on a train that holds 500 people for less than €10 a head, I'd say we are golden.

-------------

Posted By: craiglen
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:15pm

We could literally charter a train from Trnava to Bratislava. I'm not sure if we'd need to charter it both ways (it might make sense to allow people make their own way up from Bratislavav - there are loads of local trains) but a Trnava - Bratislava charter at about half eleven or midnight would be perfect and would allow for extra time and penalties, if needs be.

Obviously that depends on the game being in Trnava but if it is confirmed for Trnava, I might look into chartering a train. There'll be loads of takers, no doubt. The email address for Slovak railways was easily enough found: if they can put on a train that holds 500 people for less than €10 a head, I'd say we are golden.

I know most of our lads would be all over that. Might be worth starting a list if Trnava is confirmed.

-------------
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered

Posted By: Greenlad11
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:20pm
The match isn’t fixed yet so it could still be in Bratislava.I’d be thinking 95% of supporters will be based in Bratislava regardless. I stayed in Bratislava for the Austria game, I found it to be a nice little city. The Dubliner was decent where they made a guy clean up his own puke (he was Irish ) ,it got a great reaction at the time and he was mortified.
Hopefully buses will be laid on after the game, although thinking back to Gelsenkirchen we were just left to make our own way back.

Posted By: forza trapp
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:27pm

Great idea but I think SD just wants to drive a train 🚂

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:31pm
I see Ryanair are putting on a flight on the 25th and an extra one the morning of the match to Bratislava.
They're still charging the guts of nearly €300 return, alot of cheaper routes still available.

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-schedules-extra-flights-for-republic-of-ireland-fans/?fbclid=IwAR1s8GIZ_YpJG2QHN4wEUJhAvVtR6tq2yNlC-4idrQqXFPUSIEqvtG4UEdQ" rel="nofollow - https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-schedules-extra-flights-for-republic-of-ireland-fans/?fbclid=IwAR1s8GIZ_YpJG2QHN4wEUJhAvVtR6tq2yNlC-4idrQqXFPUSIEqvtG4UEdQ  

Posted By: Tyronebhoy
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:57pm
Out on the 24th easyJet Belfast-Luton, Wizz Luton-Bratislava, 3-hour layover in Luton, arrive Bratislava 4pm. Coming back on the Friday but no Wizz flight to Luton that day, so will worry about booking the return later. £80 altogether, not bad and sensible times.

-------------
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All

Posted By: craiglen
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 3:01pm
Took that Ryanair direct over at 16:30 the day before the match, 130 quid but definitely saves a lot of hassle. Not booking anything else until after the draw tomorrow.

-------------
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

brat wasn’t as bad last time but avoid the Dubliner like the plague. For first timers watch yourselves with the bouncers over there in general  especially the Dubliner as they carry everything bar guns and love hitting people.

In.other times they may have got a nixer from the visiting association 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 5:22pm
I see there's a drinking boat from Vienna hmmm

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 5:54pm
Thanks for the tip 4 of heading over. First time in Brat. Any advice for a decent pint?

Posted By: Éire2206
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 6:25pm
I was in Copenhagen and Geneva, was also in Paris for the friendly so 3/10 that are counted I believe. Should I be ok for a ticket?

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Éire2206 Éire2206 wrote:

I was in Copenhagen and Geneva, was also in Paris for the friendly so 3/10 that are counted I believe. Should I be ok for a ticket?

Guesstimate - 5% allocation no 1800 allocation maybe 

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 6:54pm
Pretty sure The game can be any of the 26/27/28 March still nothing confirmed.

Posted By: Roberto_Carlow
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:05pm

What are the last 10 games?

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:09pm
Oversubscribed games not included so I believe it’s
Switzerland
Georgia
Denmark
Denmark (NL)
Wales (NL)
Poland
Turkey
France
Georgia
Austria.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:18pm

Pretty sure The game can be any of the 26/27/28 March still nothing confirmed.

You might be pretty sure, but you're wrong.

https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/news/0255-0d9926b2a701-942b394ef206-1000--how-euro-play-off-draw-works/?iv=true" rel="nofollow - https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/news/0255-0d9926b2a701-942b394ef206-1000--how-euro-play-off-draw-works/?iv=true

"The semi-finals will be played on Thursday 26 March, with the finals five days later on Tuesday 31 March. Kick-offs are generally 20:45 CET but exceptions may apply, in particular related to time zones."

-------------

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:40pm
Apologies if posted already but this is a good guide written by a Welsh fan for Welsh fans who were thre last month.

http://www.podcastpeldroed.cymru/guide-to-trnava-bratislava/" rel="nofollow - http://www.podcastpeldroed.cymru/guide-to-trnava-bratislava/

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:37pm

This is SD's Cup Final, right here.

Honest question here SD: Have you asked Slovakian Railways can you have a go at driving the train also? 

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

I know most of our lads would be all over that. Might be worth starting a list if Trnava is confirmed.

Assume you'll be running there and back Craig??

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:41pm
The Strip clubs sound great craic

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:53pm

It was last 9 used for Gibraltar but 3 probably not. I'd say maybe 5 might be needed for this 

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Honest question here SD: Have you asked Slovakian Railways can you have a go at driving the train also? 

And is he providing free beer?

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:38pm

LOLhes absolutely buzzin with this one,make it happen folksClap

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:14pm

LOL That's his grave stone epitah sorted so  

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:26pm
I don't even care if I get a ticket. I'm going for SD's chartered train alone

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:40pm
I am staying in trnava but would get it SmileSmileSmile

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 1:26am
Honestly, if the game is in Trnava, and if I can charter a train for 500-1,000 at a reasonable cost, I'll charter a train, post up here the screenshots of the costs and take a per person revolut for the per person cost. I won't ask to drive... much and all as I'd love it.

And on the free beer point: there'll be no free beer, but I'll damn well expect that *I'll* drink for free for the whole trip for organising the train!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:30am

Honestly, if the game is in Trnava, and if I can charter a train for 500-1,000 at a reasonable cost, I'll charter a train, post up here the screenshots of the costs and take a per person revolut for the per person cost. I won't ask to drive... much and all as I'd love it.

And on the free beer point: there'll be no free beer, but I'll damn well expect that *I'll* drink for free for the whole trip for organising the train!

Of course, we could all throw in an extra few euro to hire a throne. You could sit on it in first class and the rest of us can queue up to pay tributes (free beer).

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:58am

Of course, we could all throw in an extra few euro to hire a throne. You could sit on it in first class and the rest of us can queue up to pay tributes (free beer).

I'm picturing a train like Kim Jong Un travels on!

Posted By: ****
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:04am

You already have gobsh*te status for posting up flights earlier and now you have superhero status for organizing a f**king train. Some week for you kid 

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:23am
I was checking Bratislava hotels on booking.com last night as a back up to Trnava. Some of the hotels were saying that the free cancellation policy only applies up to 93 days before the first day of your stay, so if you cancel within 93 days of your stay they take the full price. Pretty cheeky. That's only a few weeks from now. Anyway, check the small print on your reservations.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:28am

I was checking Bratislava hotels on booking.com last night as a back up to Trnava. Some of the hotels were saying that the free cancellation policy only applies up to 93 days before the first day of your stay, so if you cancel within 93 days of your stay they take the full price. Pretty cheeky. That's only a few weeks from now. Anyway, check the small print on your reservations.

Most are staying in Bratislava anyway, don't see the point of staying in Trnava, by all accounts there isn't much to see or do up there, but yeah each place has a different policy, should give you a date when you book thats the cut off for free cancellation

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:49am

Most are staying in Bratislava anyway, don't see the point of staying in Trnava, by all accounts there isn't much to see or do up there, 

There's not much more to do in Bratislava, except take up.residence in The Dubliner. 

Vienna is the nearest tourist city..But in March, you could get any kind of weather in that part of Europe.

Posted By: Colum
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:53am
Staying in Trnava myself. I’m sure there’ll be enough there to keep us occupied for two days.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:55am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Most are staying in Bratislava anyway, don't see the point of staying in Trnava, by all accounts there isn't much to see or do up there, 

There's not much more to do in Bratislava, except take up.residence in The Dubliner. 

Vienna is the nearest tourist city..But in March, you could get any kind of weather in that part of Europe.

Wont be going near the dubliner anyway, a kip by all accounts.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Staying in Trnava myself. I’m sure there’ll be enough there to keep us occupied for two days.

I'm sure there will be, just looks like the majority are in Bratislava and if the game is in trnava then I'm sure something will be sorted buses, train etc.

In an ideal world the fai would organise it and for example a match ticket is your ticket to a bus or train too.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:58am
Bratislava is a pretty boring spot to be fair. Will stay in Trnava if the game is there to save the hassle of getting back late at night. As long as there is at least one bar selling cold beer, that will do me for 24 hours.

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 1:04pm
The boom is back!

On the strip clubs I wonder how many f**kwits will be stupid enough to go into that strip club and drink the free shots that knock you out. They'll wake up on the street with a red arse and an empty bank account. 

Posted By: BulletsBSC
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 2:49pm
Good crew booked up

Bohs on Tour 

YBIG

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 3:02pm
Statement out from FAI, Slovakia informed them they are looking to have the game in Bratislava.
Said they still have checks to do on the stadium but they made known it's the preference 

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 3:07pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teheln%C3%A9_pole" rel="nofollow - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teheln%C3%A9_pole

22500 Capacity 

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 3:12pm

Statement out from FAI, Slovakia informed them they are looking to have the game in Bratislava.

SuperDave won't get a chance to drive the train now

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 3:20pm
Austrian Airlines fly to Sarajevo for those that may be looking at onward travel

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:03pm
Aye, but at €280 return, or €276 one way, you're welcome to it.

-------------

Posted By: wicklowrunner
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Austrian Airlines fly to Sarajevo for those that may be looking at onward travel
Booked Dublin to Zadar, Croatia. Out Mon 30th back Wed 1st. 4 hour drive to Zenica/Sarajevo. For those planning to stay out there after Bratislava, it’s a good option for Return flight, on a punt.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

The boom is back!

On the strip clubs I wonder how many f**kwits will be stupid enough to go into that strip club and drink the free shots that knock you out. They'll wake up on the street with a red arse and an empty bank account. 

Free drink is hard to turn down. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net