You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - General thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - General thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Ireland Super Fan #1 Ireland Super Fan #1 wrote:

Gang of us are after booking direct flights to Bratislava so hopefully no change in fixtures.
Out on Tuesday
Back on Friday.

Anyone else on the same roster??

How much did that set you back ?

Plenty of options through Vienna return for less than 1 leg with ryanair. 
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Ireland Super Fan #1 Ireland Super Fan #1 wrote:

Gang of us are after booking direct flights to Bratislava so hopefully no change in fixtures.
Out on Tuesday
Back on Friday.

Anyone else on the same roster??

How much did that set you back ?

Plenty of options through Vienna return for less than 1 leg with ryanair. 
I'm on that flight Tuesday.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Ireland Super Fan #1 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland Super Fan #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:33pm
Booked last night at a 270 each.
We are staying in the old town.
Looks like a good location with pubs!!!
The Fly View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by jamie2905 jamie2905 wrote:

This isn't set in stone so maybe not the best idea to make a thread for it yet, as it may give people the wrong idea booking flights etc 

When the likes of the independent and virgin media are tweeting about us playing Slovakia you can be pretty sure that's who we will be playing

Dan Mc Donnell does say at the end of his tweet UEFA have the power to change this, and they have previous 

If Hungary had of won last night it would of made things messy for uefa and I could of seen them change things around but can't see why they would do it now when things are straight forward. Independent said things be confirmed today 

Hungary winning would have been their preferred outcome. As it stands, there’s 4 hosts in 3 playoffs, meaning they can’t easily assign 1 slot in the draw to each playoff winner.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:57pm
 UEFA EURO 2020 play-offs: who is involved?
https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/news/0254-0d40fc7db8ee-f6fe04623679-1000--uefa-euro-2020-playoffs-who-is-involved

The second paragraph make for interesting reading 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:00pm

https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/news/0254-0d40fc7db8ee-f6fe04623679-1000--uefa-euro-2020-playoffs-who-is-involved

The bit about final pot allocations for the finals in the summer  ?? They announced them today didnt they
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

The bit about final pot allocations for the finals in the summer  ?? They announced them today didnt they

Yea consider they already posted it today .
**** View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:11am
 I wonder will the other gobsh*te on f**knut TV hold his own draw before Uefa tomorrow in his bedroom LOL
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 1:55pm
http://card.visitbratislava.com this card is E22 euro online for 48 hours. Discounts on lots of things, and good for transport.

Here's one worth visiting.

MONASTIC BREWERY

The brewery is situated in the original monastic cellar under the Bratislava Flagship Restaurant. Our unpasteurized Monastic beer 11° of pilsner type is brewed under the watchful eye of master brewers using traditional methods and only high-quality ingredients. Come to visit us and try our craft beer with specialities of homely cuisine. One of a few restaurants in the city serving meals until 24.00.

I'd say there'd be a few casualties after a visit here.

DUNAJSKÝ PIVOVAR RESTAURANT

The first brewery-ship in Europe docked in 2014 on the bank of the Danube. Under the baton of brewmaster is brewed light and dark beer “Patron”, and a variety of seasonal specials. The cuisine consists of a brewing or the classics and homemade specialties. The Brewery also offers accommodation in cabins with view on the Bratislava Castle.- 

Sham, Shoco Superdave and myself could be found hereLOL

FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
pMagog View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pMagog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 12:55pm
Gonna be heading over and at moment flying solo, where’s everyone planning on drinking before match as not been Bratislava before and looking to latch on. Any other solo losers heading?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:28pm
Once youre around the old town area youll be grand.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by pMagog pMagog wrote:

Gonna be heading over and at moment flying solo, where’s everyone planning on drinking before match as not been Bratislava before and looking to latch on. Any other solo losers heading?

Loads travel on their own too. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

As Sham said, most will beering in around the Old Town, avoid the Dubliner though and don't get in a taxi either.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pMagog View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pMagog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:53pm
Cheers lads, head to Old town and avoid the Dubliner
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Once youre around the old town area youll be grand.
Exactly - I travelled solo to Aarhus & was in Geneva by myself the night before the match before meeting up with mates on the match day.

Both times I got chatting with different Ireland fans. Thumbs Up
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:31pm

Seasoned solo traveler here, don't worry about doing it at all. Everyone is welcoming and up for a chat.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:37pm

You have it spot on there. Done a few trips on my own when I was starting out at away games and you get chatting to more people than if you went in a big group. Rock up to some bar and you will have great craic.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

You have it spot on there. Done a few trips on my own when I was starting out at away games and you get chatting to more people than if you went in a big group. Rock up to some bar and you will have great craic.

What's the problem with the Dubliner and is there a decent alternative for a meet up? We all tend to gravitate towards an Irish bar
Danger here, OH NO
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:45pm
I see a place just up the road called Uisce Beatha, could give that a lash.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic