"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Replies:
Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:46pm
4 months away Dead

-------------

Posted By: jamie2905
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:58pm
This isn't set in stone so maybe not the best idea to make a thread for it yet, as it may give people the wrong idea booking flights etc 

Posted By: Greenlad11
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by jamie2905 jamie2905 wrote:

This isn't set in stone so maybe not the best idea to make a thread for it yet, as it may give people the wrong idea booking flights etc 

Can’t see it been changed 

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:48pm

When the likes of the independent and virgin media are tweeting about us playing Slovakia you can be pretty sure that's who we will be playing

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:01am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

When the likes of the independent and virgin media are tweeting about us playing Slovakia you can be pretty sure that's who we will be playing

Not my point, it's not the fact that we are playing them. It's the point where UEFA can still change things to suit the hosts - ie giving us a home tie instead is still a possibility.

It is a bit unlikely but it's not out of the realms of possibility.

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:03am

Not my point, it's not the fact that we are playing them. It's the point where UEFA can still change things to suit the hosts - ie giving us a home tie instead is still a possibility.

It is a bit unlikely but it's not out of the realms of possibility.

You are right, both virgin media and the independent flagged that this all comes with a health warning until finally confirmed by UEFA.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:26am
Slovakia played most of of their games in a town an hour away from Bratislava too

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Slovakia played most of of their games in a town an hour away from Bratislava too

I think that's a fairly small issue, can get a taxi for approx €25 or a train/bus.

I would be more annoyed booking flights/trains, then finding out it's been moved to Dublin, or worse, we get randomly moved to the A Play-off.

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:35am

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I think that's a fairly small issue, can get a taxi for approx €25 or a train/bus.

I would be more annoyed booking flights/trains, then finding out it's been moved to Dublin, or worse, we get randomly moved to the A Play-off.
At least if it's moved to Dublin the only extra cost is a bit of diesel

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: irish_goat
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:24am
Wild Thing Karaoke still going. Wink  http://goo.gl/maps/sfKu6Tx7N9wPJHTs8" rel="nofollow - https://goo.gl/maps/sfKu6Tx7N9wPJHTs8

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:10pm
What are our chances? Will we be Favourites?

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Posted By: Ireland Super Fan #1
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:17pm
Gang of us are after booking direct flights to Bratislava so hopefully no change in fixtures.
Out on Tuesday
Back on Friday.

Anyone else on the same roster??

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:43pm
Odds from PP:

Slovakia evs
Draw 21/10
Ireland 10/3

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:44pm

Dan Mc Donnell does say at the end of his tweet UEFA have the power to change this, and they have previous 

Posted By: Pauldaly1984
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Odds from PP:

Slovakia evs
Draw 21/10
Ireland 10/3

They are good odds on Ireland. IF they play like they did the other night I’d fancy them 

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Dan Mc Donnell does say at the end of his tweet UEFA have the power to change this, and they have previous 

If Hungary had of won last night it would of made things messy for uefa and I could of seen them change things around but can't see why they would do it now when things are straight forward. Independent said things be confirmed today 

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:54pm

If Hungary had of won last night it would of made things messy for uefa and I could of seen them change things around but can't see why they would do it now when things are straight forward. Independent said things be confirmed today 

Only thing they may change is giving us home advantage I'd imagine. 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Ireland Super Fan #1 Ireland Super Fan #1 wrote:

Gang of us are after booking direct flights to Bratislava so hopefully no change in fixtures.
Out on Tuesday
Back on Friday.

How much did that set you back ?

Plenty of options through Vienna return for less than 1 leg with ryanair. 

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Ireland Super Fan #1 Ireland Super Fan #1 wrote:

Out on Tuesday
Back on Friday.

How much did that set you back ?

Plenty of options through Vienna return for less than 1 leg with ryanair. 
I'm on that flight Tuesday.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: Ireland Super Fan #1
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:33pm
Booked last night at a 270 each.
We are staying in the old town.
Looks like a good location with pubs!!!

Posted By: The Fly
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:33pm

Hungary winning would have been their preferred outcome. As it stands, there’s 4 hosts in 3 playoffs, meaning they can’t easily assign 1 slot in the draw to each playoff winner.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:57pm
 UEFA EURO 2020 play-offs: who is involved?
https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/news/0254-0d40fc7db8ee-f6fe04623679-1000--uefa-euro-2020-playoffs-who-is-involved" rel="nofollow - https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/news/0254-0d40fc7db8ee-f6fe04623679-1000--uefa-euro-2020-playoffs-who-is-involved . 

The second paragraph make for interesting reading 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:00pm

https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/news/0254-0d40fc7db8ee-f6fe04623679-1000--uefa-euro-2020-playoffs-who-is-involved" rel="nofollow - https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/news/0254-0d40fc7db8ee-f6fe04623679-1000--uefa-euro-2020-playoffs-who-is-involved . 

The bit about final pot allocations for the finals in the summer  ?? They announced them today didnt they

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:12pm

The bit about final pot allocations for the finals in the summer  ?? They announced them today didnt they

Yea consider they already posted it today .

Posted By: ****
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:11am
 I wonder will the other gobsh*te on f**knut TV hold his own draw before Uefa tomorrow in his bedroom LOL

Posted By: baresi41
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 1:55pm
http://card.visitbratislava.com/discount/monastic-brewery/" rel="nofollow - http://card.visitbratislava.com  this card is E22 euro online for 48 hours. Discounts on lots of things, and good for transport.

Here's one worth visiting.

MONASTIC BREWERY

The brewery is situated in the original monastic cellar under the Bratislava Flagship Restaurant. Our unpasteurized Monastic beer 11° of pilsner type is brewed under the watchful eye of master brewers using traditional methods and only high-quality ingredients. Come to visit us and try our craft beer with specialities of homely cuisine. One of a few restaurants in the city serving meals until 24.00.

I'd say there'd be a few casualties after a visit here.

DUNAJSKÝ PIVOVAR RESTAURANT

The first brewery-ship in Europe docked in 2014 on the bank of the Danube. Under the baton of brewmaster is brewed light and dark beer “Patron”, and a variety of seasonal specials. The cuisine consists of a brewing or the classics and homemade specialties. The Brewery also offers accommodation in cabins with view on the Bratislava Castle.- 

Sham, Shoco Superdave and myself could be found hereLOL

-------------
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade

Posted By: pMagog
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 12:55pm
Gonna be heading over and at moment flying solo, where’s everyone planning on drinking before match as not been Bratislava before and looking to latch on. Any other solo losers heading?

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:28pm
Once youre around the old town area youll be grand.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by pMagog pMagog wrote:

Gonna be heading over and at moment flying solo, where’s everyone planning on drinking before match as not been Bratislava before and looking to latch on. Any other solo losers heading?

Loads travel on their own too. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

As Sham said, most will beering in around the Old Town, avoid the Dubliner though and don't get in a taxi either.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: pMagog
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:53pm
Cheers lads, head to Old town and avoid the Dubliner

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Once youre around the old town area youll be grand.
Exactly - I travelled solo to Aarhus & was in Geneva by myself the night before the match before meeting up with mates on the match day.

Both times I got chatting with different Ireland fans. Thumbs Up

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: davereilly
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:31pm

Seasoned solo traveler here, don't worry about doing it at all. Everyone is welcoming and up for a chat.

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:37pm

You have it spot on there. Done a few trips on my own when I was starting out at away games and you get chatting to more people than if you went in a big group. Rock up to some bar and you will have great craic.

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

You have it spot on there. Done a few trips on my own when I was starting out at away games and you get chatting to more people than if you went in a big group. Rock up to some bar and you will have great craic.

What's the problem with the Dubliner and is there a decent alternative for a meet up? We all tend to gravitate towards an Irish bar

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: craiglen
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:45pm
I see a place just up the road called Uisce Beatha, could give that a lash.

-------------
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:48pm
There is Uisce Beatha which seems like a decent bar but going by the Welsh reports of Bratislava it’s tiny and won’t hold a crowd. By saying the old town everyone is gonna gather there anyway and maybe like Gibraltar people will just end up in some decent bar which isn’t even Irish like Hendrix.

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 3:45pm
The bouncers in most pubs in Bratislava are dodgy but the Dubliners door staff are the worst I’ve ever met and they have everything bar guns.

Bratislava would be my least favourite away trip both times and any Slovak friends I know are of the same opinion.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:42pm
veľká taška pre chlapcov v zelenej farbe

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

The bouncers in most pubs in Bratislava are dodgy but the Dubliners door staff are the worst I’ve ever met and they have everything bar guns.

Bratislava would be my least favourite away trip both times and any Slovak friends I know are of the same opinion.

Gelsenkirchen

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Gelsenkirchen

Essen was great 👍 

-------------

Posted By: Jasonic
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by davereilly davereilly wrote:

Seasoned solo traveler here, don't worry about doing it at all. Everyone is welcoming and up for a chat.
Boom! See ya there!

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

There is Uisce Beatha which seems like a decent bar but going by the Welsh reports of Bratislava it’s tiny and won’t hold a crowd. By saying the old town everyone is gonna gather there anyway and maybe like Gibraltar people will just end up in some decent bar which isn’t even Irish like Hendrix.
Old town seems to have alot of small bars close by each other. Everyone will end up going in and out of whichever one is closest LOL

Never been but they all seem dirt cheap from what I've seen online. Anything from 1.50 -2.50 for a pint

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 9:36pm
Gelsenkirchen and Cardiff were kips ,The Dubliner in Bratislava is reportedly run by the Mafia who forced the 2 Dublin lads who ran it out of town ,has a reputation for over aggressive doormen,over priced ,customers getting short changed and over charged for drinks,plenty of better boozers in the old town.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: Greenlad11
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:04am

Gelsenkirchen

I stayed in Düsseldorf, gelsenkirchen was a kip for the few hours I was there and couldn’t get a taxi out of there after.

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 12:20am
anyone know were the away section is in the stadium....as in area number?

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 12:30pm
Assumed I wouldn't get a ticket with just 2/8 previous aways and no season ticket, turns out I would have, but I didn't apply.

Anyway I've free cancellation for two nights in an apartment that sleeps 4 in Bratislava for something like 150 quid. (Night before and night of the game).

Not sure if there's any way of transferring the booking to someone else, but I presume your man will raise the price significantly if I cancel.

If anyone knows how to transfer a booking on booking.com and wants to take this off my hands then let me know.

Otherwise I'll just cancel it.

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Assumed I wouldn't get a ticket with just 2/8 previous aways and no season ticket, turns out I would have, but I didn't apply.

Anyway I've free cancellation for two nights in an apartment that sleeps 4 in Bratislava for something like 150 quid. (Night before and night of the game).

Not sure if there's any way of transferring the booking to someone else, but I presume your man will raise the price significantly if I cancel.

If anyone knows how to transfer a booking on booking.com and wants to take this off my hands then let me know.

Otherwise I'll just cancel it.

Amend guest name or add guest name 

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 5:21pm
https://www.songkick.com/concerts/39464115-deez-nuts-at-kulturak-klub" rel="nofollow - https://www.songkick.com/concerts/39464115-deez-nuts-at-kulturak-klub
https://eventland.eu/event/31416/the-taste-winefood/" rel="nofollow - https://eventland.eu/event/31416/the-taste-winefood/
https://eventland.eu/event/30896/best-beer-places-in-bratislava/" rel="nofollow - https://eventland.eu/event/30896/best-beer-places-in-bratislava/

https://eventland.eu/event/30690/best-burgers-places-in-bratislava/" rel="nofollow - https://eventland.eu/event/30690/best-burgers-places-in-bratislava/
https://eventland.eu/event/27535/where-to-go-for-a-breakfast-in-bratislava/" rel="nofollow - https://eventland.eu/event/27535/where-to-go-for-a-breakfast-in-bratislava/
https://eventland.eu/event/26630/bratislava-castle/" rel="nofollow - https://eventland.eu/event/26630/bratislava-castle/

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 6:11pm
Slovak no 1 pub is class. We drank in 17’s Jack Daniels bar last time .

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 7:05am
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

https://www.songkick.com/concerts/39464115-deez-nuts-at-kulturak-klub" rel="nofollow - https://www.songkick.com/concerts/39464115-deez-nuts-at-kulturak-klub
https://eventland.eu/event/31416/the-taste-winefood/" rel="nofollow - https://eventland.eu/event/31416/the-taste-winefood/
https://eventland.eu/event/30896/best-beer-places-in-bratislava/" rel="nofollow - https://eventland.eu/event/30896/best-beer-places-in-bratislava/

https://eventland.eu/event/30690/best-burgers-places-in-bratislava/" rel="nofollow - https://eventland.eu/event/30690/best-burgers-places-in-bratislava/
https://eventland.eu/event/27535/where-to-go-for-a-breakfast-in-bratislava/" rel="nofollow - https://eventland.eu/event/27535/where-to-go-for-a-breakfast-in-bratislava/
https://eventland.eu/event/26630/bratislava-castle/" rel="nofollow - https://eventland.eu/event/26630/bratislava-castle/

https://www.welcometobratislava.eu/live-music-in-bratislava/" rel="nofollow - https://www.welcometobratislava.eu/live-music-in-bratislava/

For the old rockers among you.Beer

-------------

Posted By: flaghunter
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 2:45pm
What do we think the chances of this being scrapped because of Corona virus are?

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by flaghunter flaghunter wrote:

What do we think the chances of this being scrapped because of Corona virus are?
Low

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 3:03pm
I’d say low but high it will be played behind closed doors .

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 3:12pm

Wouldn't even say that's likely really, slovakia introduced boarder checks today and they seem pretty on top of everything with no cases.
We also haven't got an outbreak of cases here.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 3:26pm

Wouldn't even say that's likely really, slovakia introduced boarder checks today and they seem pretty on top of everything with no cases.

Yep 

Unless there's a significant community outbreak in either country. The match will go ahead.

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 3:28pm
Exactly. Now, there is a chance of a significant community outbreak in both countries but we only need to avoid that risk for another four weeks. We should be grand.

-------------

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 3:31pm
100% sure this match will be played behind closed doors.

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 3:35pm

What sort of border checks? A lot of people flying through Vienna

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

What sort of border checks? A lot of people flying through Vienna

Checks of anyone coming over the Austrian border, temperatures, travel history etc. Same checks apply in Bratislava airport.

All to try and stop any cases 

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Based on what ?

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 4:57pm

Based on what ?
The pick pocket situation in Bratislava. 

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Based on what ?
Between that and the mafia run Irish bars nobody should travel 

Posted By: Roberto_Carlow
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 5:42pm
Truth is nobody knows what may happen. Within a week Italy was on high alert and their games were either cancelled or played behind closed doors. It can happen, and can happen quickly.

I certainly wouldn't be worried at this stage, but I also wouldn't rule it out. Standing outside the ground drinking cans whilst the game is going on behind closed doors will be a 1st anyway.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 7:44pm
I would say anything is possible as we stand as things change very quick indeed .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: StayPuft
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 9:17pm
Didn't get a ticket from the FAI and I'm seriously considering not going now.
If anyone wants to buy my flight I'm open to offers. PM me!

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 11:43pm

Based on what ?
Between that and the mafia run Irish bars nobody should travel 
#
https://www.welcometobratislava.eu/nightlife/bars/" rel="nofollow - https://www.welcometobratislava.eu/nightlife/bars/  - few corona's for yez... decent enough spots outside the Dubliner Bar which is a kip.Wink 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 9:19am
it’s going to be a long three weeks waiting to see if the game goes ahead.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 9:27am

it’s going to be a long three weeks waiting to see if the game goes ahead.

Well with a 2 week incubation they'll call it well before probably. 

No harm having contingency plans in place but there doesn't seem to be any urgency between UEFA and others to make a call at the moment.

It'll be down to the Slovakian Government 

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 11:41am
Bunch of bed wetters - the game will go ahead and we will be at it

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

No you won't! 100% behind closed doors.

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 12:27pm

I am with NR on this one Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 12:33pm

Make sure you change the sheets Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 12:52pm

Make sure you change the sheets Smile
Bring your own sheets to Bratislava, the ones there might have the virus LOL 

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 2:25pm
Who's staying in a hostel?

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Hostel Blues for myself

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 3:25pm
Cancelled my flights and informed the FAI I won't be travelling this morning. 

I value my health and safety too much to risk contracting the Corona virus. This is the beginning of the apocalypse. Mark my words. Humanity is doomed.

EPA EPAAAA

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Lostandfound
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 3:55pm
Bratislava, what a place to begin to die. 

Posted By: Missy
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 4:05pm
your dying from to moment you took your first breath 

-------------
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI

Posted By: irish_goat
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 4:06pm
Judging from this forum the bouncers at The Dubliner will have us all dead before the virus can take hold anyway. 

Posted By: Lostandfound
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 4:10pm
A viral stab

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Hostel Blues for myself

Haven't booked anywhere yet but I'm sure staying in a dorm is terrible with all the international strangers.

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 4:42pm

Hostel Blues for myself

Haven't booked anywhere yet but I'm sure staying in a dorm is terrible with all the international strangers.

Managed to get a private room for cheap enough, for the three nights 1 in Buda and 2 in Bratislava it came to about 190, for 4 people so under 50 a head all in!

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Posted By: FeckZlatan
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 5:59pm
Probably best to cancel the playoff Games and let the 4 teams straight into the euros! Wink

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 6:11pm

Hostel Blues for myself

Managed to get a private room for cheap enough, for the three nights 1 in Buda and 2 in Bratislava it came to about 190, for 4 people so under 50 a head all in!

Private room booked in apart-hostel ZERO

Posted By: brendy_éire
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 6:16pm

Hostel Blues for myself

Few of us in there too.

-------------
City Till I Die

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Hostel Blues for myself

Few of us in there too.

I went for the Patio hostel as close to the main drag and near to the bus station so happy with that for a few hours kip 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 7:53pm
Myself and Trapped in the Patio hostel too. Looks respectable.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 8:20pm

Myself and Trapped in the Patio hostel too. Looks respectable.
Unlike the guests

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by FeckZlatan FeckZlatan wrote:

Probably best to cancel the playoff Games and let the 4 teams straight into the euros! Wink
Just make an extra group with the 4 teams in it. 

Posted By: FeckZlatan
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 9:57pm

Originally posted by FeckZlatan FeckZlatan wrote:

Just make an extra group with the 4 teams in it. 

and then i realised theres 16 teams still in with a chance!! LOL

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 7:55pm
3 weeks out, hows the coronavirus panic going 

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 7:59pm
Every one of us is gonna get it. I hear the pints in Bratislava are already 8% coronovirus. We're doomed.

Worst case scenario is for those of us who have booked Slovakia to Bosnia travel already and the Slovakia game being behind closed doors but the Bosnia Norn Iron game going ahead with a crowd. We'll have no option but to head over to Slovakia, tbh.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Every one of us is gonna get it. I hear the pints in Bratislava are already 8% coronovirus. We're doomed.

Worst case scenario is for those of us who have booked Slovakia to Bosnia travel already and the Slovakia game being behind closed doors but the Bosnia Norn Iron game going ahead with a crowd. We'll have no option but to head over to Slovakia, tbh.
8% I'll take my chances.

Yeah in all seriousness though they still haven't reported a case and dont seem worried about the game being affected.

Unless theres a do not travel notice I'll still go regardless 

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 8:21pm

8% I'll take my chances.

Yeah in all seriousness though they still haven't reported a case and dont seem worried about the game being affected.

Yep same as above as we just have to go as if we do win and play Bosnia then everything is all set , but it will be strange i must say if the first game is behind closed doors 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

8% I'll take my chances.

Yep same as above as we just have to go as if we do win and play Bosnia then everything is all set , but it will be strange i must say if the first game is behind closed doors 
Up to the Slovak government that.
We're picking up a few more cases so that might come into their thinking who knows. But if football in france and the uk is still on I dont see why this wont be 

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 8:30pm
we’re intending to travel even if it’s behind closed doors.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 8:32pm
It's getting a tad sticky at work also as two people have been sent home for 14 days after returning from Italy and Thailand . Now i have had a couple of questions about like " hey CM are you going over for that Ireland game ? " I have decided to tell anyone who asks that i have decided to stay home as i didn't get a ticket and plan to have a week in Waterford instead . 
One thing for sure it's panic stations with work so the less the know the better it is .  

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 8:41pm

It's getting a tad sticky at work also as two people have been sent home for 14 days after returning from Italy and Thailand . Now i have had a couple of questions about like " hey CM are you going over for that Ireland game ? " I have decided to tell anyone who asks that i have decided to stay home as i didn't get a ticket and plan to have a week in Waterford instead . 
One thing for sure it's panic stations with work so the less the know the better it is .  

Murph if they do a crowd shot at the match just wear a funny moustache and a baseball cap they will never know it’s you

-------------

Posted By: kearney304
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 9:30pm

I'll fill the boss in tomorrow > we can't be having that.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net